PDA

View Full Version : Kid got on with Irvine!!

w55
07-04-2011, 5:42 PM
My son just got out of academy and got hired.

Im real proud of him as he held down a 40 hour job and went to night school and then weekends to get this done.

Anyway his family is all proud of him and just wanted to share...:)

WTSGDYBBR
07-04-2011, 5:49 PM
Irvine is not a easy PD to get into.

wahzoo
07-04-2011, 5:50 PM
Thats Awesome, not and easy thing to accomplish, especially now with all the laid off LEO's out there. CONGRATS to your son!

Spyder
07-04-2011, 5:56 PM
Congrats! Definitely not easy to do with a full time job and a family!

Jonathan Doe
07-04-2011, 6:01 PM
Congratulation. Hoping for a long and good career. Tell him do not compromise his value.

WILDMAN442
07-04-2011, 6:06 PM
Congratulations!

I just passed my probationary period with my PD this last April!

Justin

yzernie
07-04-2011, 6:31 PM
Congrats to your son! I've heard Irvine is a good place to work.

My son just interviewed with them this last week. He has his Basic Academy Certificate and has applied and tested at a LOT of depts and the hiring is slow. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would make me happier than to pin the tin on his uniform before I retire in March.

Spanky8601
07-04-2011, 7:47 PM
Kudos to your son. Sounds like a hard worker.

LaLa
07-04-2011, 8:11 PM
Awww congrats to him!

jeep7081
07-04-2011, 8:23 PM
Congrats!

w55
07-04-2011, 9:40 PM
Thanks everyone. Im going to try to get him on here.

Ron-Solo
07-04-2011, 11:26 PM
:). :party:

lavgrunt
07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Thanks everyone. Im going to try to get him on here.

NOOOOO !!!! The LE Forum of 'CalGuns' is no place for a rookie !!!! Let him deal with parolees and gang-bangers first.......oh wait, it's Irvine..........I guess he can go 'poach' in Santa Ana and Tustin !!!!

Seriously......welcome to the 'warriorhood' !!!!

fullrearview
07-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Congrats!!! Those who are not LEO but want to be take notice... It CAN be done, even in this economy.

Notorious
07-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Heck, Irvine is tough to get in even when the economy is good!

He must be a helluva trooper!

The Bacon Eater
07-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Congrats. :clap:

retired
07-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Congratulations to your son and to you; the proud poppa.:thumbsup:

bfoster
07-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Congrats! Now the hard part....FTO! Best four months of my life I never wanna do again.

holasrmateo
07-10-2011, 2:01 PM
Are they? I have no idea how competitive Irvine is compared to other police departments? Do they just sign on fewer people, have higher retention, pay more because its Irvine? As a resident all I know is that the city is beyond safe and the homeless are taken to Santa Ana (because Irvine doesn't have a shelter).

Notorious
07-10-2011, 2:17 PM
Irvine is a proactive and progressive department that has superb training and equipment to help their troops do their jobs. The clean city and great pay are factors to the high retention and competitive recruitment process.

The officers are aggressive in keeping their city clean to the point that I hear complaints about how they jack alot of asians in their fast n furious cars but too bad, I ain't losing any sleep over that one.

judoguy
07-10-2011, 2:32 PM
Congrats! Great to hear some good news these days, Though the Asians and their cars statement above is a little borderline offensive. Congrats anyways!

holasrmateo
07-10-2011, 2:45 PM
Irvine is a proactive and progressive department that has superb training and equipment to help their troops do their jobs. The clean city and great pay are factors to the high retention and competitive recruitment process.

The officers are aggressive in keeping their city clean to the point that I hear complaints about how they jack alot of asians in their fast n furious cars but too bad, I ain't losing any sleep over that one.

The common perception in Irvine is that because the city is so safe, bored police officers jump on even a traffic stop with twenty squad cars just to see some action, and God help you if are from Santa Ana. That's a bit of an exaggeration but its hard not to become complacent in the safest city in America. Again as a resident its hard to know what you have when you don't see it being used (thankfully).

Notorious
07-10-2011, 2:56 PM
Congrats! Great to hear some good news these days, Though the Asians and their cars statement above is a little borderline offensive. Congrats anyways!

Just to be clear, I didn't make the statements to that effect about the asians who get stopped in their fast n furious cars. I was relating the complaints that I hear about irvine police from other people who said those things. As a matter of fact, some of the complainers are themselves asian who made those type of statements. Lighten up.

At least I didn't say "oriental".

holasrmateo
07-10-2011, 3:22 PM
Just to be clear, I didn't make the statements to that effect about the asians who get stopped in their fast n furious cars. I was relating the complaints that I hear about irvine police from other people who said those things. As a matter of fact, some of the complainers are themselves asian who made those type of statements. Lighten up.

At least I didn't say "oriental".

hence why I wrote "from Santa Ana" rather than something else.

Notorious
07-10-2011, 4:32 PM
People really need to grow thicker skin and not think everything is racist because it ain't.

In any event, let's not keep going off topic. This is a joyous occasion and I wish the kid luck in his career.

762.DEFENSE
07-11-2011, 5:48 PM
Congratulations to your son! Irvine is a fine department to work for!

43Duc
08-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Good job for your son! Irvine is a good city. Hopefully for your son's sake, they can get their city council issues worked out. My understanding from talking to friends over there is that their pay scales are frozen and no raises are given at this time... not even step raises. That's how the economy affects even well-budgeted cities I guess.

Good group of people over there. Never had a bad experience dealing with them!

DP1035
08-03-2011, 12:50 AM
i did my internship for irvine pd when i was in college, great little dept with great officers, wish they were hiring before I got picked up elsewhere