View Full Version : Potential Illegal Discharging of Firearms

07-03-2011, 7:55 PM
Earlier today I biked a trail I have frequented over the past few years, but haven't traveled recently since I have been up at school. Part of the trail is now being graded for construction and I needed to cut across to make it back to my car before dark (including this because there's a good population of mountain lions throughout the park and I'd rather not be asked why I'm technically trespassing). As I came to the entrance of site I found a number of scattered .223 Rem casings amongst the gravel. While I know this is not evidence of anything I'm worried that if some idiots are shooting less than 40 feet from a main road there could be repercussions to the aggregate San Diego and CA shooting communities if caught and hurt our relationship with local LE. Due to my general lack of experience as a person I thought this would be a good place to ask for help. Thoughts/advice?

07-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Why not call LE and give them a heads up?

07-04-2011, 3:44 PM
That's what I was planning on doing, I just wanted to see if there were any complications to this I had not considered or if there are any other solutions. Probably not, I realize now.

07-05-2011, 9:25 PM
Do as Samuel says.

07-05-2011, 10:07 PM
If it's a legal shooting area, there should be no problem shooting that close to a road. Not over it, though.
Maybe not the wisest place, but not illegal.