PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR UPDATE post #2 for the 2011 Constitution Day Shoot “Corona 210”

pennys dad
07-03-2011, 8:45 PM
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/jacobrascon/corona210rwvav1-001.jpg

Information
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17839.0

Pre Registration/ Regular Registration
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/983615019

Calguns site link
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=451782

PRICING
Pre-registration Fees (per person):
Use code (NWC21010) and get $10 dollars off you Appleseed fee.
$45 for one day
$70 for both days
Women: $5 for one day or $10 for both days.
Under 21: $2.50 for one day or $5 for both days
Shoot for Free if you are:
Active Military, Reserve, and Guard w/ ID, Peace Officers (w/ ID),
Disabled (w/ ID), Re-enactors in period dress, Elected officials (w/proof)!
Range Fee: $20/person/day, $10.00/youth 17 and under/day

Date: September 17th and 18th
Start Time: 8am
Location: Raahauges Shooting Complex, Corona, Ca. “Follow the Signs”
Contact persons:
Appleseed: MrPete
Calguns: PennysDad

pennys dad
07-03-2011, 8:47 PM
Updates for the Corona210

Hi Everyone, I hope every one of you had an excellent day!

I thought I would pass along some super awesome information about who is donating what for the Corona210 on Sept 17 and 18.

First off: Turners is donating (2) 10/22 Ruger LTR’s – what does this mean?
It means if you win the raffle you get for one of these, you get:
Turners will provide (1) 10/22 w/synthetic stock, (3) extra mags per rifle, Rimfire rifle scope, cleaning kit and a rifle case.
Everything needed for the aspiring American to become a Rifleman.

Next: CRPA is donating for the raffle a $500 dollar gift card for Turners, DAMN I am on the wrong side of this effort! With $500 dollars I can buy a Glock, or cover half the cost of a Colt 1911.

More stuff: The CAL Appleseed chapter has a GARAND and a 10/22 Ruger up for raffle.
SO! That is (3) Ruger 10/22’s, (1) Garand and enough money to buy another rifle, pistol or shotgun.

More stuff: CALGUNS is donating a full package Marlin 795 LTR, with (3) extra mags, Rimfire rifle scope, cleaning kit, shooting mat and a rifle case.

SO! That is (3) Ruger 10/22’s, (1) Marlin 795 LTR, (1) Garand and enough money to buy another rifle, pistol or shotgun.

All you need to do is PRE REGISTER!!!! Go Here >>> http://www.eventbrite.com/event/983615019c or just show up!

You can shoot for 1 day or 2 days, some of you can shoot for free (you still need to pay your $20 range fee), this is family friendly, new shooter friendly, single woman friendly, single Mom friendly, single dad friendly, friendly to Barbara Boxer and President Obama and only one else I missed.
This folks is OUR American Heritage come out and participate in what is yours!

Chaos47
07-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Sounds like a great time! I have been really interested in attending an Appleseed and this sounds like a great one to go to.

Too bad Raahauges range fees are so high, wish they couldn't have discounted them for this patriotic event.

Still I hope you can fill the spots 210 sounds like a huge attendence

RoundEye
07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm in. Let me know if anyone wants to carpool out of the SFV. Norco/Corona is pretty far from the north end of Los Angeles.

jkcerda
07-05-2011, 1:56 PM
sweet

jshoebot
07-07-2011, 8:49 AM
I'm in as an instructor for Saturday only, I have to work that Sunday :(

If anybody from the San Diego area wants to carpool on Saturday, let me know!

waterkc
07-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey PennysDad, I just signed up for the class at the end of July. After we spoke in the office I thought what a great chance to improve. I might also make this event.

TTYL

pennys dad
07-09-2011, 7:20 AM
Hey PennysDad, I just signed up for the class at the end of July. After we spoke in the office I thought what a great chance to improve. I might also make this event.

TTYL

Awesome! Are you using a 22lr or 223 or something bigger like a really cool AR style 308 :D

sima09
07-11-2011, 4:22 PM
How much is it?

pennys dad
07-12-2011, 8:49 AM
How much is it?

Normally $70 for men but use this code (NWC21010) and get $10 dollars off.
Plus range fee's

DocClark340
07-22-2011, 3:32 PM
Sounds like a great time! I have been really interested in attending an Appleseed and this sounds like a great one to go to.

Too bad Raahauges range fees are so high, wish they couldn't have discounted them for this patriotic event.

Still I hope you can fill the spots 210 sounds like a huge attendence

Holly Crap!!!!!!!

Range fees $30 for two hours???????
OUCH!!!!

You can go to the Lions Club Shooting Range in Lucerne and shot Rifle and Pistol for $6 all day!!!!!!!!! And I mean all day……….

Good luck with the event guys, I bet it will sound like a Mad Minute from Viet Nam.

:73::33::63::52:

pennys dad
07-22-2011, 3:54 PM
Range fee is a great point!

We are working on an all day range fee. Right now it is $20 for the day for an Appleseed.

gao1976
07-25-2011, 5:31 PM
I just bought a house in eastvale, which is 5 min driving, I will be there .

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-03-2011, 8:34 AM
Appleseed Presents: 2011 Constitution Day Shoot “Corona 210”
Come and celebrate a momentous day with us, come celebrate the day our Constitution was signed. Earlier this year we gather for our annual April 19th Day of Remembrance the First day of the American Revolutionary War, we spent the Day of our Independence "July 4th" with our family and friends; and now we invite you to Celebrate Constitution Day with us all. Our Constitution was designed to protect our freedom by imposing law on those who wield political power. Without such laws, Americans would be under the constant threat of Tyranny through political oppression.
Project Appleseed, California Chapter being Sponsored and Supported by Calguns and CRPA is hosting an Excellent shoot September 17th and 18th at the Raahauges Shooting Complex in Corona. We will be using the large vendor line and filling it to capacity with 210 shooters, if more come then we will expand.

Appleseed Presents: 2011 Constitution Day Shoot “Corona 210”

We can't wait. Thanks for the opportunity to join in and help everyone out.

sima09
08-04-2011, 12:38 AM
So we can only pre register? Can we just show up and pay the same day?

jshoebot
08-04-2011, 4:29 AM
So we can only pre register? Can we just show up and pay the same day?

You can walk in without preregistering, but it'll cost $80 for the whole weekend (instead of $60 with the coupon code), or $40/day.

ironpete
08-05-2011, 5:56 PM
If you want to attend the event you should pre-register now. We're about to send out an email campaign to tens of thousands of people.

Since we're limited by physical range size if we hit 210 attendees we can't allow any walk-ons.

-Pete

DannyInSoCal
08-05-2011, 6:07 PM
Tagged....

sima09
08-06-2011, 1:29 AM
Then I'll register now!

AndrewMendez
08-08-2011, 9:54 AM
Well, it looks like the little one is free that weekend. I should be there.

FastFinger
08-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Besides the chance to win one of several rifles, you'll also have a chance of winning a very generous gift certificate to one of our favorite sponsors - very generous!

Details to follow! (in far less than "two weeks")

pennys dad
08-08-2011, 8:38 PM
Updated with pricing and other information

Rich2011
08-09-2011, 10:58 AM
I might have to make it out this time. If I get my upper this month, I'll be there for sure.

pennys dad
08-10-2011, 7:58 PM
MAJOR UPDATE post #2 for the 2011 Constitution Day Shoot “Corona 210”

semperfidelis354
08-11-2011, 12:17 AM
WOW!!!!! :eek:

KylaGWolf
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
So my handicap placard information paperwork is what would qualify for disabled right?

pennys dad
08-11-2011, 1:48 PM
So my handicap placard information paperwork is what would qualify for disabled right?

go to the pre reg site and chose the one that fits you: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/983615019

then yes the placard info paperwork will work

FastFinger
08-11-2011, 5:23 PM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/438/prizematrix6.jpg

sima09
08-11-2011, 9:20 PM
Registered and ready to go! See you all in September!

pennys dad
08-12-2011, 5:42 PM
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/jacobrascon/Snapbucket/22c23db4-orig.jpg

luckystrike
08-13-2011, 5:33 PM
constitution day, so no BBs?

pennys dad
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
constitution day, so no BBs?

bullet buttons?

luckystrike
08-14-2011, 3:34 AM
bullet buttons?

Yeah, just kiddin :D

I will attend if my schedule permits, but most likely not

RawLiquid
08-15-2011, 1:52 PM
I noticed that it says 'reenactors in period dress' is that open to anyone willing to show up in period dress or are there other requirements?

pennys dad
08-15-2011, 8:09 PM
Not sure, send a message to Ironpete here on Calguns and ask

ironpete
08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I PM'ed RawLiquid but it was a good question and I'll post here also.

Rev War reenactors in period clothing = Free

When you pre-register online be sure to use the category:
FREE Sat & Sun Active Military, Reserve, and Guard w/ ID, Peace Officers (w/ ID), Disabled (w/ ID), Re-enactors in period dress, Elected officials (w/proof)

You still need to pay range-fees, but that is it.

Since Project Appleseed is a Heritage and Marksmanship organization people who, "keep history alive", are our brothers and sisters. As Calguns knows we're serious about our partnerships.

With all of our "Free" categories, with our $10 off coupon code (NWC21010) and with the possibility of winning a rifle at the door you should be signed up!

-Peter

ricochet
08-16-2011, 7:43 PM
I don't want to hijack this event thread but will there be a similar event closer to San Jose (San Francisco Bay Area) ?

S dot
08-16-2011, 7:50 PM
Sadly cannot attend.

By the way am I the only one that noticed that they flyer and website states the United States Constitution was signed September 17, 1788?

It was signed September 17, 1787.

This is a great event, it would be great if we could spread the right date too. Thanks. Not trying be to the history police, but this is a pretty important date for all Americans.

S dot
08-16-2011, 7:50 PM
Edit: double post. Sorry

InFamous20
08-16-2011, 8:31 PM
Man...this looks great!! :) :drool5:

ironpete
08-16-2011, 9:28 PM
Good question. The plans are to have a similar shoot 6 months off in the north (middle) of California. Once the Corona210 is done we'll start the machine on the next event. All help gratefully accepted.

-Peter

I don't want to hijack this event thread but will there be a similar event closer to San Jose (San Francisco Bay Area) ?

FastFinger
08-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Sadly cannot attend.

By the way am I the only one that noticed that they flyer and website states the United States Constitution was signed September 17, 1788?

This is a great event, it would be great if we could spread the right date too. Thanks. Not trying be to the history police, but this is a pretty important date for all Americans.

Fixed.

Thanks for alerting us!

DannyInSoCal
08-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Tagged

sima09
08-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Edit: found the answer on appleseed page sorry!

Rude Robert
08-17-2011, 9:53 AM
I don't know why they make these things so expensive, I have those days off with is a surprise to me, I never get days off when good things like this happen, but oouch that is too much for my pocket book:no:

RoundEye
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't know why they make these things so expensive, I have those days off with is a surprise to me, I never get days off when good things like this happen, but oouch that is too much for my pocket book:no:

If you don't meet any of the discount exemptions, you can use this code for $10 off (NWC21010). It's good per purchase, so if you sign up you and a girl for both days, do it separately. The cost for you would be $60, and she would be FREE.

BC9696
08-17-2011, 2:50 PM
Where in Corona? Is there overnight camping there? I can't find the details.

lwlaml
08-17-2011, 3:06 PM
http://www.raahauges.com/

NotEnufGarage
08-17-2011, 5:22 PM
What time does it end each day? I'm thinking of coming down from Sacramento to visit family (in the evenings) in San Diego, if there's enough time afterward each day.

pennys dad
08-17-2011, 8:30 PM
What time does it end each day? I'm thinking of coming down from Sacramento to visit family (in the evenings) in San Diego, if there's enough time afterward each day.

usually around 430pm

Notorious
08-18-2011, 2:27 AM
Signed up for me and my friend for both days. What exactly are we doing? I didn't get any info off the site and all I can garner is that we are going to line up and shoot off rounds at the same time so there are 210 guns at the line going off altogether. That is not going to take all day, both days... what are we supposed to bring, a gun, 2 guns? How many rounds of ammo? What can we expect?

Chaos47
08-18-2011, 3:47 AM
Signed up for me and my friend for both days. What exactly are we doing? I didn't get any info off the site and all I can garner is that we are going to line up and shoot off rounds at the same time so there are 210 guns at the line going off altogether. That is not going to take all day, both days... what are we supposed to bring, a gun, 2 guns? How many rounds of ammo? What can we expect?

That's just the opening volly

Appleseed is a rifle fundamentals / marksmanship training program mixed with historical stories
http://appleseedusa.org/index.html

You will each need:
Rifle preferably a 22lr
apx 500 rounds
Sling
and everything else listed here
http://appleseedusa.org/as_prepare.html

pennys dad
08-18-2011, 10:14 AM
I am providing a few links:
1st Appleseed subforum here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

2nd Appleseed basics post here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=386767

The Appleseed basics tells you what to bring and what to expect. Come prepared for hot weather: easy up, liquids and such.

This is 2 full days of shooting, so bring lots of liquids and food and such.

22lr are fine, so are AR's, Mini-14s, bolt actions, Mosins, Garands, whatever rifle you can bring 500 rounds for and shoot 500 rounds thru without wrecking yourself.

The basics of the 2 days is "learn basic rifle marksmanship", "learn to use a 2 point sling using 3 methods", learn to use the rifle with a sling in a Standing, sitting and prone position, become accustomed to transitions from stand to sitting and prone and mag changes, learn NPOA, Six steps to firing a shot, steady hold factors in all 3 positions, cadence and other. Then when you think you have it all down and you are shooting 4moa at 25 yards, shoot the Army Qualifying Test in a timed, multi position, transitioning, mag changing test of your learned skill! Magic score is 210 for a riflemens patch.

LBDamned
08-18-2011, 2:14 PM
If you don't meet any of the discount exemptions, you can use this code for $10 off (NWC21010). It's good per purchase, so if you sign up you and a girl for both days, do it separately. The cost for you would be $60, and she would be FREE.
please clarify... based on first post, it looks like it would be $90 for me & gf for one day... I must be missing something? :confused:

(I'm not the person you replied to, but I was in this thread trying to determine price)...

pennys dad
08-18-2011, 3:26 PM
please clarify... based on first post, it looks like it would be $90 for me & gf for one day... I must be missing something? :confused:

(I'm not the person you replied to, but I was in this thread trying to determine price)...

your calculations are pretty much correct but you can save $10 dollars.

$45 for you - add code and you get $10 discount so $35
$5 for GF - add code and you get $10 discount so $0

you = $35 w/code
GF = $0 w/code

Range fee will be $20 ea so $40

total $75

ironpete
08-18-2011, 3:28 PM
When I think something is "expensive" it is because I don't think it is worth the price.

Perspective...

$100 for a weekend of top notch rifle instruction. Most people can turn $100 of ammo into noise without really learning anything in an hour at the range. Many people will drop $600 on a rifle but never really learn how to use it.

If you paid for your weekend and purchased a Rifleman Opportunity Card (ROC) for $20 (total cost of $120) we waive our instructional fee for a year or until you can qualify as an expert rifleman on the AQT.

I'm not aware of any other organization that will give you free instruction for a year or until you can score expert for a $120. And when we say expert we mean expert. You can check the published list of Rifleman at our website...in the past 4 years only a little over 400 have hit expert in California out of literally thousands of attendees.

None of the instructors get paid for this. We're all volunteers and your fees go to renting the range, buying backers and targets, etc, it all goes back into the program. In addition to all the other points mentioned at Corona you could win a rifle for just attending.

If there is no value in taking a $200 rifle to a $100 class and learning how to use it like few in the world can...I guess I would call that an expensive class.

-Peter

LBDamned
08-18-2011, 4:52 PM

you = $35 w/code
GF = $0 w/code

total $75
thanks for the clarification

I am providing a few links:
1st Appleseed subforum here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

2nd Appleseed basics post here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=386767

The Appleseed basics tells you what to bring and what to expect. Come prepared for hot weather: easy up, liquids and such.

This is 2 full days of shooting, so bring lots of liquids and food and such.

22lr are fine, so are AR's, Mini-14s, bolt actions, Mosins, Garands, whatever rifle you can bring 500 rounds for and shoot 500 rounds thru without wrecking yourself.

The basics of the 2 days is "learn basic rifle marksmanship", "learn to use a 2 point sling using 3 methods", learn to use the rifle with a sling in a Standing, sitting and prone position, become accustomed to transitions from stand to sitting and prone and mag changes, learn NPOA, Six steps to firing a shot, steady hold factors in all 3 positions, cadence and other. Then when you think you have it all down and you are shooting 4moa at 25 yards, shoot the Army Qualifying Test in a timed, multi position, transitioning, mag changing test of your learned skill! Magic score is 210 for a riflemens patch.

do we know what portion of the training will be on Sat?... in other words, if I'm only able to attend one day (Sat), am I missing out on critical portions of the material you listed?

Also, I hate to ask - but is an AK (variant) okay to bring?... I only have one AR and an AK (and it's me and gf, so one of us needs to shoot the AK >her)... the only other guns I have are pistols and a couple shotguns... personally I like the AK, but as it pertains to "Patriotism" I don't want to offend :o

pennys dad
08-18-2011, 5:43 PM
thanks for the clarification
do we know what portion of the training will be on Sat?... in other words, if I'm only able to attend one day (Sat), am I missing out on critical portions of the material you listed?

Also, I hate to ask - but is an AK (variant) okay to bring?... I only have one AR and an AK (and it's me and gf, so one of us needs to shoot the AK >her)... the only other guns I have are pistols and a couple shotguns... personally I like the AK, but as it pertains to "Patriotism" I don't want to offend :o

Saturday is the best day for learning, you will get everything!
Oh AK's are cool, BUT!!! if you want to you can ask the Shoot Boss "IronPete" for a loaner LTR, you provide the ammo.

LBDamned
08-18-2011, 6:42 PM
Saturday is the best day for learning, you will get everything!
Oh AK's are cool, BUT!!! if you want to you can ask the Shoot Boss "IronPete" for a loaner LTR, you provide the ammo.

excellent, thanks for all your prompt replies :)

you = $35 w/code
GF = $0 w/code

total $75
I entered the code in first link, it's doesn't deduct $10 - the total stays as listed in menu 45 + 1.69... but it does give her free (menu price $5) so I guess total with range fees will be $86.69 instead of $75 ... am I using the correct code (NWC21010)?

pennys dad
08-18-2011, 8:20 PM
its the right code. u just have to register each of you separately, i suspect. i could be wrong.

LBDamned
08-18-2011, 8:50 PM
its the right code. u just have to register each of you separately, i suspect. i could be wrong.

good idea - seemed like it might work... but it didn't :o

ironpete
08-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Not that I'd ever game the system...

The $10 off is for the entire order. For parties of > 1 complete (and pay for) an order for 1 person using the coupon then do the same for the next person. Rinse and repeat until everybody has a ticket.

-Peter

good idea - seemed like it might work... but it didn't :o

LBDamned
08-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Not that I'd ever game the system...

The $10 off is for the entire order. For parties of > 1 complete (and pay for) an order for 1 person using the coupon then do the same for the next person. Rinse and repeat until everybody has a ticket.

-Peter

As stated in the post you replied to - it didn't work... I tried registering just myself; entered the code, got all the way to entering CC info and it still showed 46.69 - never discounted the fee shown on order page.

ironpete
08-19-2011, 2:23 AM
I'll check on it and post to this forum.

When I applied the discount code it updated the price for a Saturday&Sunday ticket only.

-Peter

As stated in the post you replied to - it didn't work... I tried registering just myself; entered the code, got all the way to entering CC info and it still showed 46.69 - never discounted the fee shown on order page.

LBDamned
08-19-2011, 7:01 AM
I'll check on it and post to this forum.

When I applied the discount code it updated the price for a Saturday&Sunday ticket only.

-Peter

Ahhh... maybe that's the reason - I was purchasing Sat only (can't go Sun)...

Bladerunner
08-21-2011, 5:10 AM
Registered, it's a done deal...This should be all kinds of fun!

Looking forward to meeting you folks!

pennys dad
08-21-2011, 7:13 AM
I am happy you signed up, you will enjoy the event

Notorious
08-25-2011, 7:22 AM
Looks like we should be there both days. I put in for the weekend off and my army buddy is excited to go. He just shot expert with his unit last month but more shooting never hurts anybody.

Is there a special area for cal gunners so we can meet each other and help each other out? It's been a while since I been to a class like this and I would appreciate knowing we have our own support structure in place.

If we are bringing an AR, how many mags minimum do you recommend, or it's not a big deal since it's fixed line static shooting?

pennys dad
08-25-2011, 7:46 AM
Looks like we should be there both days. I put in for the weekend off and my army buddy is excited to go. He just shot expert with his unit last month but more shooting never hurts anybody.

Is there a special area for cal gunners so we can meet each other and help each other out? It's been a while since I been to a class like this and I would appreciate knowing we have our own support structure in place.

If we are bringing an AR, how many mags minimum do you recommend, or it's not a big deal since it's fixed line static shooting?

I am happy you cna make it.
You know I had not thought of a Calgunner meet n greet spot, but since we have Pete on the forum answering questions with me maybe he can give it some thought.

Bring at least 3 mags, I would suggest straight 10 round mags, or 10/20's (20's since I suspect you are exempt). The larger mags will make getting into a position tough. Bring an easy up if you have it

LBDamned
08-25-2011, 8:04 AM
Has anyone had a chance to determine if the discount is for bothdays only - or should it work for just Saturday?

Notorious
08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I am happy you cna make it.
You know I had not thought of a Calgunner meet n greet spot, but since we have Pete on the forum answering questions with me maybe he can give it some thought.

Bring at least 3 mags, I would suggest straight 10 round mags, or 10/20's (20's since I suspect you are exempt). The larger mags will make getting into a position tough. Bring an easy up if you have it

I have an 12x12 EZ-UP that is big enough for a few people to hide under.

I haven't thought about the 20 rounders... I have a few, but mine are mostly 30 rounders... I'll figure it out. How about bipods and optics?

I have an EOTech on mine, but I figure they would prefer us learn with iron sights for basic marksmanship.

Chaos47
08-25-2011, 2:31 PM
I have an 12x12 EZ-UP that is big enough for a few people to hide under.

I haven't thought about the 20 rounders... I have a few, but mine are mostly 30 rounders... I'll figure it out. How about bipods and optics?

I have an EOTech on mine, but I figure they would prefer us learn with iron sights for basic marksmanship.

No go on bipods. And you can't use a longer magazine as a monopod.

Optics are good to go, but are a personal preference.

Notorious
08-25-2011, 4:20 PM
Thanks for the info. The EOTech is useless for long distance anyway.

fouber
08-28-2011, 5:53 PM
excited my family is signed up

pennys dad
08-29-2011, 7:25 AM
excited my family is signed up

Nice! Glad you can make it

pennys dad
08-29-2011, 7:26 AM
Has anyone had a chance to determine if the discount is for bothdays only - or should it work for just Saturday?

Send Pete a direct PM on this

pennys dad
08-29-2011, 7:27 AM
If my unpredictable schedule does not get in the way I will be there. This sounds like an excellent event. 210 shooters seems like a large crowd, where are we going to fit all of those easy-ups :)

:-) double stack those easy up, shade is good!

Notorious
08-29-2011, 7:29 AM
Any recommendations for a shooting pad our just being a tarp?

pennys dad
08-29-2011, 8:48 AM
Any recommendations for a shooting pad our just being a tarp?

if you can one in time, get the one of these
great price and great pad
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=169107

the larger version is
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=276544

I have both and they are great!

Rich2011
08-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Just signed up for both days. See you there!!

pennys dad
08-30-2011, 7:34 PM
Just signed up for both days. See you there!!

Excellent, glad you can make it

Notorious
08-30-2011, 7:50 PM
if you can one in time, get the one of these
great price and great pad
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=169107

the larger version is
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=276544

I have both and they are great!

Thanks for the info. Which one do you recommend? Usd the big one worth thee difference?

LBDamned
08-30-2011, 8:08 PM
Send Pete a direct PM on this

PM sent - thanks

msteel
08-30-2011, 11:45 PM
The wife and I are signed up for both days, looking forward to it! :patriot: See ya all there.

ironpete
08-31-2011, 7:23 PM
Hey All,

There was indeed a problem with the discount code which affected all California events. It was corrected for the Corona210 and is slowly being fixed for all other California shoots.

The coupon code is good for $10 off your completed order for any type of ticket you purchase.

-Peter

pennys dad
08-31-2011, 7:38 PM
Thanks for the info. Which one do you recommend? Usd the big one worth thee difference?

the big is awesome! but the small one works perfectly as well. I got a big one for me

pennys dad
08-31-2011, 7:39 PM
The wife and I are signed up for both days, looking forward to it! :patriot: See ya all there.

Glad you both can make it out.

LBDamned
09-01-2011, 6:32 AM
Hey All,

There was indeed a problem with the discount code which affected all California events. It was corrected for the Corona210 and is slowly being fixed for all other California shoots.

The coupon code is good for $10 off your completed order for any type of ticket you purchase.

-Peter

Thank you for the follow-up Peter - much appreciated!

Liberty1
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Sadly cannot attend.

Typo I guess. It was created in '87 and ratified June 21, 1788.

pennys dad
09-02-2011, 4:18 PM
Typo I guess. It was created in '87 and ratified June 21, 1788.

We caught that everywhere else but here!

BlueDog333
09-07-2011, 4:31 AM
How important are elbow pads? I already have a great shooting mat I bought on sale from Midway for $20. It's this one that usually that sells for $50.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=169107

In all the appleseed after action report pictures I've found only one person is wearing elbow pads. Check the 4th reply here and it's the second to last pic.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16110.0;prev_next=next

The two people to his left use the same shooting mat I have. It's already got good non slip padding for elbows and knees. Will the large tarps like the ones everybody has their shooting mats on be provided for shooters, or should we bring our own? I'm buying and borrowing gear right now so I can attend the Corona shoot this September 17th and 18th. What's the terrain like out there, dusty, rocky, windy? If the soil's fine and gets blown around easily will we want to bring a large tarp to lay out under all our shooting mats to help cut down on dirty gear?

Will you be shoot boss that weekend Pennys Dad? I'd like to meet you.

Notorious
09-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Seems like midway changes their prices by the week. Now the pro mat is on sale for the same price as the discount mat.

pennys dad
09-07-2011, 8:16 PM
elbow pads: bring them if you got'em but normally not needed.
Terrain: dirty, grass, weeds, dirty, hot, frogs, hot, hay, smelly, dirty, hot.
So pretty much a DAMN good range!

How important are elbow pads? I already have a great shooting mat I bought on sale from Midway for $20. It's this one that usually that sells for $50.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=169107

In all the appleseed after action report pictures I've found only one person is wearing elbow pads. Check the 4th reply here and it's the second to last pic.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16110.0;prev_next=next

The two people to his left use the same shooting mat I have. It's already got good non slip padding for elbows and knees. Will the large tarps like the ones everybody has their shooting mats on be provided for shooters, or should we bring our own? I'm buying and borrowing gear right now so I can attend the Corona shoot this September 17th and 18th. What's the terrain like out there, dusty, rocky, windy? If the soil's fine and gets blown around easily will we want to bring a large tarp to lay out under all our shooting mats to help cut down on dirty gear?

Will you be shoot boss that weekend Pennys Dad? I'd like to meet you.

pennys dad
09-07-2011, 8:17 PM
Seems like midway changes their prices by the week. Now the pro mat is on sale for the same price as the discount mat.

If you need a mat i can loan you one of mine, I can make arrangements with the Excellent Shoot Boss!

Notorious
09-09-2011, 7:00 PM
I appreciate it, but the cheap mat which was on sale for $25 is now back to regular price at $50. The premium mat that sold for $100 is on sale for $50, or same as the cheap mat. So, I ordered the premium mat and also ordered one for my friend who will also be there.

Then I got hit with $42 for regular ground shipping for both mats. They should arrive by the 15th, just in time for the weekend.

Any word on a calguns area so we can watch each others stuff and hang out?

LBDamned
09-09-2011, 7:14 PM
I appreciate it, but the cheap mat which was on sale for $25 is now back to regular price at $50. The premium mat that sold for $100 is on sale for $50, or same as the cheap mat. So, I ordered the premium mat and also ordered one for my friend who will also be there.

Then I got hit with $42 for regular ground shipping for both mats. They should arrive by the 15th, just in time for the weekend.

WTF?!!! $42 for shipping! :eek:

I missed the $25 sale too :mad: ...

Notorious
09-09-2011, 7:50 PM
I was thinking it must be because the mats are big and bulky.

pennys dad
09-10-2011, 9:12 PM

Lets ask Pete!

Notorious
09-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Pete?

pennys dad
09-11-2011, 6:12 AM
Pete?

Ironpete on Calguns, he will be the shoot boss for the event

Vendetta77
09-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello all!

Just to completely understand right before I register, how much is one day / 2 adults total? I read about the ROC, if I buy 2 online ( Which totals $40) could I show up and just pay the range fee?

Also the coupon is valid for sat only? We might be busy Sunday but at least wanna participate one day.

The "Ball and chain" and I are pumped up to go. :chris:

Thanks in advance guys!

-V
------------------------

RoundEye
09-11-2011, 1:44 PM
Hello all!

Just to completely understand right before I register, how much is one day / 2 adults total? I read about the ROC, if I buy 2 online ( Which totals $40) could I show up and just pay the range fee?

Also the coupon is valid for sat only? We might be busy Sunday but at least wanna participate one day.

The "Ball and chain" and I are pumped up to go. :chris:

Thanks in advance guys!

-V
------------------------

The cost for single day adult registration is $45. (All range fees are collected at the range). So the cost for two online would be $70 + $20 ea. (Range fees collected the day of the event.

If you use the coupon code: "NWC21010", you'll get $10 off your total order. So if you and the "ball and chain" register separately you can get as much as $20 off of registration reducing your total cost to $50 + Range Fees.

If you're going to only attend one day, Saturday is the day the to go as the majority of instruction will take place on Saturday.

ironpete
09-11-2011, 8:00 PM
Hey Guys,

There is 24' aisle running the length of the range that we've reserved for Partners and various other tables and booths. How about setting up a bunch of ez-ups and chairs next to the Calguns table? I can't provide any but four 10' ez-ups would make for a nice meet&greet area.

-Pete

Ironpete on Calguns, he will be the shoot boss for the event

Lets ask Pete!

tozan
09-12-2011, 2:39 AM
I just signed up my wife and her son but I only have one gun? I am guessing they can't share it... Any suggestions on what I may be able to do?

dtjester
09-12-2011, 4:16 PM
Hey Guys,

There is 24' aisle running the length of the range that we've reserved for Partners and various other tables and booths. How about setting up a bunch of ez-ups and chairs next to the Calguns table? I can't provide any but four 10' ez-ups would make for a nice meet&greet area.

-Pete

I'm going to be borrowing an ez-up to bring, Not sure on size, but its at least 10x10 I'm pretty sure.

tozan
09-12-2011, 7:30 PM
I have a 10x10 ezup I can bring too.

Notorious
09-12-2011, 7:42 PM
Pete, my buddy will haul my 12x12 EZ-UP. It's pretty huge. We can set up there with you guys.

So I got the mats, 3 days earlier than promised, guess the $42 rate is expedited after all?

Haven't opened them up yet, but they seem big. I am going to spray a nice coat of OC spray on the one I ordered for my buddy.

RoundEye
09-12-2011, 8:18 PM
I just signed up my wife and her son but I only have one gun? I am guessing they can't share it... Any suggestions on what I may be able to do?

I am not sure how this event is going to be run, but a typical Appleseed requires everyone to have their own rifle. Typically if someone is without one of the instructors will be able to provide a .22 for them to use.

Just make sure you have plenty of .22 ammunition.

tozan
09-12-2011, 9:54 PM
I am not sure how this event is going to be run, but a typical Appleseed requires everyone to have their own rifle. Typically is someone is without one of the instructors will be able to provide a .22 for them to use.

Just make sure you have plenty of .22 ammunition.

Thank you, I sure hope one of them will be able to use one and I will be sure to bring a couple of bricks of ammo.

BlueDog333
09-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Pete, my buddy will haul my 12x12 EZ-UP. It's pretty huge. We can set up there with you guys.

So I got the mats, 3 days earlier than promised, guess the $42 rate is expedited after all?

Haven't opened them up yet, but they seem big. I am going to spray a nice coat of OC spray on the one I ordered for my buddy.

Please take a video of that for us, love to see it on utube.:popcorn:

ironpete
09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
I just made tozan an offer I hope he doesn't refuse.

There will be a limited number of loaner rifles available. Once you've checked in to your group at the event you can request a loaner from your Shoot Boss. Realize that it is your responsibility to provide rifles and ammunition. We usually have the loaners in case of equipment malfunction or other issues. In general everybody should be responsible for their own stuff.

In addition you should check the link below:
http://appleseedinfo.org/as_prepare.html

-Peter

LBDamned
09-13-2011, 4:41 PM
last minute sign-up (had to wait for things to shake out to be sure I will be able to go)...

I haven't much time to gather items... of course I have rifles, slings and ammo... but no pad - I'm going to try and purchase a couple this week (if possible)... seems to be the only real "necessity" from the list (other than things like sunscreen and water, etc)...

For actual shooting, is there anything critical besides rifle, sling, ammo, eyes & ears and a shooting mat? (girlfriend will be shooting too - but she's a trooper).

Thanks in advance

beastmar
09-13-2011, 6:27 PM
I'd love to participate in this even but I don't own a rifle. I am just getting into the firearm scene and all I own is a shotgun. Will anyone be able to loan me there rifle? (Pretty please). Also anyone from San Diego headed up to this event?

pennys dad
09-13-2011, 8:51 PM
last minute sign-up (had to wait for things to shake out to be sure I will be able to go)...

I haven't much time to gather items... of course I have rifles, slings and ammo... but no pad - I'm going to try and purchase a couple this week (if possible)... seems to be the only real "necessity" from the list (other than things like sunscreen and water, etc)...

For actual shooting, is there anything critical besides rifle, sling, ammo, eyes & ears and a shooting mat? (girlfriend will be shooting too - but she's a trooper).

Thanks in advance

for the shooting part you have everything.
a good substitution for a mat are moving blankets

pennys dad
09-13-2011, 8:52 PM
I'd love to participate in this even but I don't own a rifle. I am just getting into the firearm scene and all I own is a shotgun. Will anyone be able to loan me there rifle? (Pretty please). Also anyone from San Diego headed up to this event?

Beastmar, send a PM to Ironpete for a loaner rifle. He is the shoot boss for the shoot

LBDamned
09-13-2011, 8:57 PM
for the shooting part you have everything.
a good substitution for a mat are moving blankets

thank you sir... if I can't find a mat local, I'll try to dig up some moving pads (good alternative) or carpet as suggested earlier (in one of these Appleseed threads)...

Also, I read suggested 500 rds of ammo (per rifle) - is that for both days or should I bring that much for just Sat?

tozan
09-13-2011, 8:59 PM
Thank you ironpete I can't refuse your offer... I am signed up and coming on Sat...

dg29
09-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Signed up and in for both days. I'll borrow an EZ UP from a friend for both days.

beastmar
09-14-2011, 2:14 AM
Anyone in the san diego area want to carpool?

BlueDog333
09-14-2011, 2:42 AM
I'm all in both days. I've been wanting to do one of these for close to a year now. Anyone interested in camping out with me can let me know, my Dads back went out and he won't be able to make it this weekend. I've got a large family sized tent big enough for four people.

I also have a spare sleeping bag and a Ruger 10/22 with a GI sling since my Dad can't make it. If anybody wants to plan a camp out please let me know otherwise I think I'll just sleep in my car.

Do most people camp out in tents or bring their RVs? I can't find any information on the range website but remember reading somewear camping was free, and does that include any parking fees? Do I need to contact the range and let them know I plan on camping overnight?

ironpete
09-14-2011, 9:09 AM
Teasers for this weekend done by folks who are Americans, Appleseeders, our brothers and sisters.

3WpPfyCodc0

7sXGy4n-dsw&feature=related

-Pete

LBDamned
09-14-2011, 9:55 PM
^^^ nice vids Pete... this will be very cool!

I read on Appleseed.org list of things to bring (gun related) - suggested minimum 400 rds (500 to have plenty)... but couldn't tell if that would be for each day or both days?

We're only going Sat... I dont mind bringing "more than enough" - but I'd rather not drag along 1K rds of ammo if it's not necessary (2 shooter, 1 day)... do you know how much ammo for one day per shooter?

ccandgc
09-15-2011, 6:07 AM
500 rounds is plenty for both days for both of you....I'd take 500 even though you are only going Saturday.

LBDamned
09-15-2011, 6:37 AM
500 for both, 10-4

Thanks

HBrebel
09-15-2011, 10:33 AM
does anybody have a daily schedule breakdown for these events? my wife wants to go but hates sitting out in the sun all day.

Notorious
09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
She can sit under our EZ-UP all day.

pbsmind
09-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Just signed up, this will be my first.

MFortie
09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Can we set EZ Ups near (or on) the firing line?

And once we have a 'spot' on the line, do we stay at that spot the whole time? No schlepping everything all over the place and back?

beastmar
09-15-2011, 3:25 PM
In order to win a raffle, do you have to be present?

BlueDog333
09-15-2011, 3:39 PM
How do the raffles work? Are tickets going to be sold, and how much will they cost? Is there going to be just one door prize?

problemchild
09-15-2011, 4:02 PM
What makes it cost so much for the tickets?

ironpete
09-15-2011, 5:36 PM
Can we set EZ Ups near (or on) the firing line?
Nope. EZ-ups can be set up behind the equipment/safety line unless your Flight Boss allows you to set up the EZ-up on the line itself.

And once we have a 'spot' on the line, do we stay at that spot the whole time? No schlepping everything all over the place and back?
You'll shoot from the same position the whole day and your equipment will be just behind that at the equipment line. Instruction will either be downrange or at the "circle" behind your equipment.

In order to win a raffle, do you have to be present?
Nope...Winners do not need to be present. The big raffles will be on Sunday so that Saturday only and Sunday only attendees get a chance.

How do the raffles work? Are tickets going to be sold, and how much will they cost? Is there going to be just one door prize?
For the door prizes (most of the prizes like the rifles, gift certificates, games, etc) you'll get your tickets when you finish signing in. For the M1 Garand and some of the other prizes you'll need to buy a ticket...that will depend on the particular prize. As far as door prizes there are several rifles and at least one $500.00 gift certificate. We also have numerous smaller door prizes like Cold Steel knives, Constitution Quest (the game) and other surprise items.

What makes it cost so much for the tickets?
The whole clinic...2 days worth of instruction...is less than the tax (not even the cost) on a good scope. We're only covering our costs, $60 for all the instruction ($40 for range fees). If you check online you'll see that $70 is our standard price across the nation. I suggest you price out firearms classes. I don't know any other organization or shoot where for $100 you'll get 2 full days for instruction and many chances to win a rifle in addition to many other prizes. My previous post: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6988549&postcount=56

-Pete

BlueDog333
09-15-2011, 6:44 PM
The whole clinic...2 days worth of instruction...is less than the tax (not even the cost) on a good scope. We're only covering our costs, $60 for all the instruction ($40 for range fees). If you check online you'll see that $70 is our standard price across the nation. I suggest you price out firearms classes. I don't know any other organization or shoot where for $100 you'll get 2 full days for instruction and many chances to win a rifle in addition to many other prizes. My previous post: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6988549&postcount=56

-Pete

Thanks Pete. You forgot to mention free camping for this event, no Forest Service fees:). And with all these great prizes and pretty good chances to win somting this Appleseed event is a bargain.

LBDamned
09-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I hate to throw another question in the mix (and I'm sorry if it has been asked/answered, I looked and did not find)... will a spotting scope be necessary (or beneficial)?... I'm not sure what distance(s) we will be shooting from

LBDamned
09-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks Pete. You forgot to mention free camping for this event, no Forest Service fees:). And with all these great prizes and pretty good chances to win somting this Appleseed event is a bargain.

plus time spent organizing - this thread alone has boatloads of administrative time from the good people organizing the event...

ironpete
09-16-2011, 1:50 AM
I hate to throw another question in the mix (and I'm sorry if it has been asked/answered, I looked and did not find)... will a spotting scope be necessary (or beneficial)?... I'm not sure what distance(s) we will be shooting from
Not necessary but nice to have. We're shooting at 25 meters with scaled targets to simulate distance.

plus time spent organizing - this thread alone has boatloads of administrative time from the good people organizing the event...
I'm not just the organizer...I'm also a client! [dating myself]

We're an all volunteer non-profit donating our time to others. Every Appleseed instructor was first an Appleseed student so I understand the concerns and question on both sides. I've also been on Calguns for years, lurking, trading and benefiting from the legal lessons. To me, Calguns has been a lighthouse on the hill safely leading me (and all California firearms owners) around the reefs and sandbars of gun laws. I come to Calguns to get answers...I'm just doing my part to give answers.

-Pete

BlueDog333
09-16-2011, 4:06 AM
I'm not sure anyone saw my other post since it was the last one on the previous page. I know it's last minute, but since my Dad threw his back out and none of my buddies can afford to go right now, I'll be attending my first Appleseed alone.

I have a family size tent big enough for 4 adults, a spare sleeping bag, and a spare Ruger 10/22 with a 1 1/4" GI sling. If anybody's interested send me a PM so we can plan somthing out. I've got plenty extra cooler space also.

I'll be checking all day for replies on my blackberry.

-Phil

Notorious
09-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Wait, I was going to leave at 6am to get there by 7am but I checked Event Brite and it says 830am start time? When should we get there to be safe?

LBDamned
09-16-2011, 4:40 PM
Not necessary but nice to have. We're shooting at 25 meters with scaled targets to simulate distance.

I'm not just the organizer...I'm also a client! [dating myself]

We're an all volunteer non-profit donating our time to others. Every Appleseed instructor was first an Appleseed student so I understand the concerns and question on both sides. I've also been on Calguns for years, lurking, trading and benefiting from the legal lessons. To me, Calguns has been a lighthouse on the hill safely leading me (and all California firearms owners) around the reefs and sandbars of gun laws. I come to Calguns to get answers...I'm just doing my part to give answers.

-Pete
your efforts are appreciated! And even though you arent getting paid, your help is still part of the value of this event (imo).

LBDamned
09-16-2011, 4:42 PM
Wait, I was going to leave at 6am to get there by 7am but I checked Event Brite and it says 830am start time? When should we get there to be safe?

I read somewhere that 8:00 is recommended... it stated that anything earlier will designate you as a volunteer (it was written as kidding, but I think it was to indicate not to arrive too early - that's the way I took it anyway)...

Notorious
09-16-2011, 7:19 PM
Thanks. That saved me some time for sleeping.

tozan
09-18-2011, 1:47 PM
I had a great time shooting this Sat. with Appleseed. I look forward to doing this again in the future. It was nice to meet the guy in the lane right next to me... His T-shirt had Kestryll on the back of it....

Notorious
09-18-2011, 2:25 PM
I think I learned more in one day with Appleseed than I haver in a lot of other school and training days I have attended. To be honesty, I wasn't expecting too much because the premise seemed simple and focused more on instruction of history but even after the first quick lesson, I was improving. At the end of the day, I was shooting better all fatigued than I was fresh in the morning.

Now I can't wait to keep trying so I can get that rifleman's patch. It would look so good next to my zombie hunter patch!

Tozan, were you in yellow group?

tozan
09-18-2011, 2:50 PM
I think I learned more in one day with Appleseed than I haver in a lot of other school and training days I have attended. To be honesty, I wasn't expecting too much because the premise seemed simple and focused more on instruction of history but even after the first quick lesson, I was improving. At the end of the day, I was shooting better all fatigued than I was fresh in the morning.

Now I can't wait to keep trying so I can get that rifleman's patch. It would look so good next to my zombie hunter patch!

Tozan, were you in yellow group?

I was in Black first group left of the tower.

Notorious
09-18-2011, 6:03 PM
I ask because Kestryll was in our group, yellow.

Oh, very nice to meet you, Pete. You guys were great. All the Appleseed staff and instructors were top notch. Nobody had any attitude and everyone was friendly. I learned so much from everyone. I gotta give special props to 7.62, he put up with me all day. What a great guy.

The history lessons and reenactments were also top notch. I didn't sit around the tower but I listened in during the presentations. I am definitely recommending this to all my friends. My buddy who came with me is also going to spread the word to his company. (Ranger, not business company)

LBDamned
09-18-2011, 7:08 PM
+1 to a great staff and all around exceptional group of people!!! It's uncommon to find that kind of atmosphere in such a large gathering.

Chris (aka Freeman) is a really good guy in every sense - and very good instructor (Koolaid was very helpful too) - blue group.

Pete! Nice meeting you! Thanks for all your efforts!

Project Appleseed was a worthwhile event and I intend to attend future events... a strong suggestion for those that havent been (but intend to go) - make sure you are sighted in prior to showing up! You will save yourself a TON of time and frustration (depending on what sights/optics you use)... they teach a lot of material in short period of time so 100% of your shooting is focused on each stage of instruction (if you are like me and used to your routine at the range for getting on target - do it BEFORE you show up!)

The history, environment and overall atmosphere is awesome! BIG Thumbs up to Project Appleseed!!!

Changalang
09-18-2011, 7:57 PM
it was great shooting with you all! hope to see you all again at more shoots!

tozan
09-18-2011, 9:15 PM

Today or yesterday He was shooting on the lane to my right yesterday.

dg29
09-18-2011, 9:27 PM
Many thanks to all who were part of putting together this Appleseed event. My main instructors were Dano and Scott (Team Green) and I couldn't have asked for better instruction both days. They were very helpful so many props to them, their effort, and the rest of the great Appleseed staff on hand. It was my first trip to an Appleseed event and after forgetting the things that I thought that I knew, I listened to Dano and Scotts advise. Only two qualifying targets were shot on Saturday and four today. I scored my Rifleman patch on my second four stage target on Saturday. I returned today and in the back of my mind I was telling myself that I needed to do it again to make sure that it wasn't a fluke. Well it wasn't a fluke as I was able to back it up today, but I definitely intend on returing to an Applesed event soon to work on what I was taught.
The only thing that was a bust for me this weekend was my raffle tickets, as I never win a damn thing. In addition it would have been great to have put faces to names here on Calguns, and to have also have met the Head Janitor (if he was actually there).
Many thanks guys!

Kestryll
09-18-2011, 9:42 PM

Today or yesterday He was shooting on the lane to my right yesterday.
Saturday I was in Black, today I was in Blue.
I was never in the Yellow group this weekend.

and to have also have met the Head Janitor (if he was actually there).

I was there both days, this afternoon I would have been easy to spot, I was the guy walking around with pennys dad looking for some guy names 'dg29'.. ;)

msteel
09-18-2011, 10:16 PM
. In addition it would have been great to have put faces to names here on Calguns,

I agree, I wish I could have met more of the Calgun folks that went. As for me, I am Matt from (orange flight) that scored Rifleman today on the second to last AQT and missed doing it again by 1 point on the last one of the day :ack2:

I had a GREAT time. As for everyone I met at Appleseed this weekend, I don't think one could find a FINER group of folks anywhere. I felt very 'At Home'. The instructors are absolutely top notch and very passionate. Unbelievable considering they are all volunteers! I admire the heck out of them! :notworthy:

Man I feel worked! I am off to get some well needed rest. :sleep1:

dg29
09-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I agree, I wish I could have met more of the Calgun folks that went. As for me, I am Matt from (orange flight) that scored Rifleman today on the second to last AQT and missed doing it again by 1 point on the last one of the day :ack2:

I had a GREAT time. As for everyone I met at Appleseed this weekend, I don't think one could find a FINER group of folks anywhere. I felt very 'At Home'. The instructors are absolutely top notch and very passionate. Unbelievable considering they are all volunteers! I admire the heck out of them! :notworthy:

Congrats! :thumbsup:

BlueDog333
09-18-2011, 11:27 PM

I had my calguns forum name below my name on the name tags all weekend. I would suggest that Appleseed and CalGuns let people put their forum name also if they want to find online buddies and don't mind not staying annomyous.

Thanks for the loaner LTR Pete, nice to meet you.

Notorious
09-19-2011, 2:01 AM
Sorry, Kestryll, someone in my group said you were in our group. I was all the way to the left in yellow so I didn't get to check in person.

Seriously next time we need to plan on getting together beforehand and asking to be put in one group. Would have been pretty cool to meet y'all in person.

Bladewurk
09-19-2011, 9:24 AM
My son and I were in yellow flight and benefitted so much even though we could only attend one day. At the end of the day my boy had improved so much he really wants to go back and get that badge!

I am very grateful for the instructors helping my son Jordan and I. It was only Jordan's 2nd time shooting the 10/22 and his 1st time was a week ago for a quick familiarization and zero. I was struggling to help him get prep for the stages and watch his safety and then get myself prepped and in the bubble before the stages start!

Steve 7.62 helped very much with this... and Kent's knowledge, demos,teaching and professionallism was admirable.

I learned I need to fit a stock to my son as the carbine stock is just too big I wish he'd grow.. And it's really hard to help my child and also prep myself in 2 minutes without steaming up my shooting glasses. When I take my twins I will sit out!
I have alot of dryfire to do as I could only manage 150 at the end of first day. Jordan got almost all 3 in the 400 yard target at the end of day and improved so much! Oh and I won the raffle for an LTR which is perfect because I have 3 kids that can all go on the line at the same time in the future!!!

Thank you very much!!

Notorious
09-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Dude, I was the guy next to your son shooting the AR. Your kid is a natural, but yeah, he would definitely benefit from the 10/22 youth model. I think he was beating all of us!

The Olympic trials are underway, get him started!

ironpete
09-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey All,

It was a gigantic pleasure putting this event on. I thank everybody at CalGuns who helped out, not just Penny's Dad who worked promotions like a machine, but all the attendees also!

I have a couple of things to say:
1) Give us your feedback! I can't say that enough. We can only make things better if we know what did and didn't work for you. Don't be afraid to speak up or even post it in this thread.

At Appleseed events I stress the notion of, "Community". Just like rifle safety, we're all just trying to protect ourselves and each other. Nobody should be worried about telling the guy next to them to keep their muzzle in a safe direction, nor should anybody take offense at being told to, "watch your muzzle". Ego and hurt feelings versus great bodily harm and/or death...which is more important? Same thing here...give us honest feedback so we can make things better.

2) Take advantage of every opportunity. If you paid for a full weekend for $20 more you can pick up a Rifleman Opportunity Card (ROC) that would waive our instruction fees (you still have range fees) at any event in the nation for 1 year or until you hit a rifleman's score. Also be sure to pick up CMP certificates...even if you never plan to use them you might as well be prepared.

If you forgot to pick up any of these things at the event let me know and I'll make sure you get them.

3) Go to another Appleseed and take a friend. This is the 7th step to taking the shot...teaching others how to shoot. If the crowds were too much go to one of your local Appleseeds or Ladyseeds. Each Appleseed instructor can shoot that Rifleman's score consistently. In addition each Instructor went through a minimum 120 hours of apprenticeship to learn how to teach. Many women have hit their expert score, did the apprenticeship and did further work to become a "Shoot Boss" meaning they could host their own events. A Ladyseed is a female only (children, young ladies and women) event by Riflewomen for Riflewomen. The next Ladyseed is in Nov 26-27 at Glen Helen.

4) Be an American Make a difference in this world with the freedom you have. I volunteer with Appleseed and wish you would join us. Even if you don't, go back to your communities and make a difference. Know your neighbors, help your friends and family. If everybody worked to make this world a better place it would be a better place.

Our Posterity calls to us, what will it say about you?

Thank you all for making this one of the greatest Appleseeds in California history...the first of many.

Sincerely,
-Peter (AKA Mr Pete, ironpete)

Notorious
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
I really don't have any complainers other than that I could do without the dust all over the car and the equipment. Then again, that's how it is with the gun ranges here. Everyone is top notch at Appleseed. I can't think of anything that could be done better.

I only managed to bring one friend. The rest missed out. Tool bad for them. But we will get together this week and I am sure we will rave about it and make the rest jealous.

My proudest moment was taking that last shot of the day at the 250m simulated headshot on the redcoat. I was tired, sore, trigger finger had no strength left, sun was in my eyes, dirty, dusty, using a non-magnification EoTech (1 MOA dot), and placing that round within 2mm of dead center on that little square!

Btw, my "formal" long distance rifle training consists of being handed a patrol carbine and being told, go put rounds on target. We are pretty much expected to keep engagements close range and leave the long distance stuff to the marksmen. I have not taken shots on target past 50 yards on a modified B-27 and only had to keep it in the grey box, or 12" across.

If that is not testament to the training, I don't know what is!

MFortie
09-19-2011, 11:53 AM
We had a great time and learned a lot about our equipment! (Note -- RH bolt guns don't work all that well for LH shooters! LOL!) I did manage a 155 with the iron sighted RH bolt gun though!

Just could never get all my rounds off during the timed stages...

Can't wait to get back; even my wife (who had to be bribed into attending) had fun and wants to go again! That's definitely a win!

Thanks to all who worked to put this great event on!

Mark

pennys dad
09-19-2011, 7:16 PM
This looked incredible! I got to swing by late on both days after work and it looked like tons of fun.
What an awesome line and volley.
Thank you to Calguns, CRPA and Turners for the awesome raffle items and helping this shot happen.
4 teams with a common mission, tons of shooters and lots of fun, seems like a win to me!

Notorious
09-19-2011, 8:02 PM
Appleseed = WIN

LBDamned
09-19-2011, 8:32 PM
^^^ +1!!!

Appleseed = what Charlie Sheen pretended to be ;)

ChuckD
09-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I was there with my 15yr old son, was a great experience for both of us! The event was great, the only complaint I have is in reagard to getting the info out ahead of time - despite searching several different locations & going to Turners (sponsor) to get info I could find no information on what to bring or what to expect untill the evening before the event I got an email w/ a link in it. This info would have been much more valuable a month ago - and still the info could have been better. The execution of the event was fantastic! Will definately be back to try to earn a rifleman's patch.

Notorious
09-20-2011, 1:12 PM
Agreed. Maybe have a page just on what to bring and what to expect. Along with a daily schedule of events. I overpack so it's whatever but you know, others might not.

LBDamned
09-26-2011, 5:53 PM
sorry for bumping the thread guys... but the Midway Matt is back on sale (those that were following the thread a few pages back will know what I'm talking about - I'm too lazy to find it and quote it)...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/default.aspx?productnumber=169107

so is a bunch of other Midway product...

http://www.midwayusa.com/Promotion/default.aspx?promotionid=527184&cm_cat=Shooting_3&cm_ite=Main_Image&cm_lm=sp:nexusonetoo@live.com&cm_ven=Spop-Email&cm_pla=Shooting_92620112_1&CustNum=103295251

Notorious
09-26-2011, 7:52 PM
The $25 mat is a great value but if you are going to pay the same shipping, consider the bigger mat. I saw both at the shoot and the extra length and width will make a difference at a place like burro or raahauge's where it's all dirt.

LBDamned
09-27-2011, 8:19 PM
The $25 mat is a great value but if you are going to pay the same shipping, consider the bigger mat. I saw both at the shoot and the extra length and width will make a difference at a place like burro or raahauge's where it's all dirt.

the large one is $5 more shipping ($10.40small, $15.21large to So Cal) - but even with slightly higher shipping, you're right the larger mat is probably a better choice.

The large one is on sale right now too... I might pick it up (my current mat is pretty narrow)...

BlueDog333
09-27-2011, 10:27 PM
the large one is $5 more shipping ($10.40small, $15.21large to So Cal) - but even with slightly higher shipping, you're right the larger mat is probably a better choice.

The large one is on sale right now too... I might pick it up (my current mat is pretty narrow)...

Neither mat is going to be thick enough for burro or raahauge's. At Corona I had a blanket folded in half and the thiner mat on top and it still wasn't enough padding. You'll definitely want somthing like a yoga mat or thick piece of padding underneath the mat itself. I was sore two days later after a weekend of prone at raahauge's and burro is just like raahauge's.

LBDamned
09-28-2011, 7:15 AM
Neither mat is going to be thick enough for burro or raahauge's. At Corona I had a blanket folded in half and the thiner mat on top and it still wasn't enough padding. You'll definitely want somthing like a yoga mat or thick piece of padding underneath the mat itself. I was sore two days later after a weekend of prone at raahauge's and burro is just like raahauge's.

I was at Corona and I've been to Burro.. The mat I have isnt real thick either (so I'm used to it)... personally I dont need a real thick cushy mat - I prefer all my gear to be as compact as possible for more efficient carry...

A thick mat will roll up thick and extra padding is extra carry (small roll is preferred for me) - this is just my preference though - I'm sure your needs are shared by others as well, so it is something for some people to consider :)

Notorious
09-29-2011, 7:38 AM
Wtf? I paid $21 for shipping on the large mat which was $50. The total was $142 for 2 mats.

In any event, I thought it was plenty thick for my purposes at Raahauges. I had no problems laying on it all day. I was sure but I blame that on the shooting positions more than anything else.