PDA

View Full Version : Tape/Pressure Switch - How do you guys...

mspiredm3
07-02-2011, 3:25 PM
1) What do you guys typically use to secure down your flashlight tape/pressure switches to a rail?

2) I got a tape switch for my Fenix TK15, and the cord is long enough to use as a rope. Is there any way to shorten it? Can I use any other manufacturer's tape switches? Really like the Surefire one that is built to go onto a rail...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/mspiredm3/IMG_20110624_174724.jpg

HK Dave
07-02-2011, 3:37 PM
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=386

Try those.

Nate87
07-02-2011, 3:53 PM
My method of securing stuff to my rifles probably is not the most popular because it doesn't "look pretty" but I use whatever I have available. Sometimes zip-ties, 550 cord, velcro straps or some adhesive industrial strength velcro. Basically I don't want to spend money for something that I can get the same effect and use by rigging something up. They dont supply Marines with all the cool stuff so we just improvise. But if you want it to look nice then you can buy something to attach it with. Tango down makes a foward grip and rail panels with the pockets for the tape switch if you'd like to go that route.

Full Clip
07-02-2011, 5:38 PM
Rescue Tape

tomd1584
07-02-2011, 5:47 PM
zip ties.

patriot_man
07-02-2011, 6:06 PM
Maybe with some electrical work you can get Surefire's to work with your Fenix. I remember seeing on a forum one time where someone took a dual Insight pad and replaced one of the ends with a Surefire plug.

dieselpower
07-02-2011, 9:23 PM
bicycle tire inner tube cut into strips like large rubber bands.

mspiredm3
07-02-2011, 9:27 PM
Maybe with some electrical work you can get Surefire's to work with your Fenix. I remember seeing on a forum one time where someone took a dual Insight pad and replaced one of the ends with a Surefire plug.

I think I'm actually going to try to do some modifying :chris:

Is there any kind of rail adapters that are super slim and offer a flat smooth surface on top? Looking to mount the tape switch to this adapter and then attach this to the rails.

mspiredm3
07-02-2011, 9:28 PM
bicycle tire inner tube cut into strips like large rubber bands.

What is the typical diameter of these tubes? Wouldn't they be too big?

VytamenC Tactical
07-02-2011, 10:18 PM
larue clips work great let me know if you want to buy some

dieselpower
07-02-2011, 10:25 PM
What is the typical diameter of these tubes? Wouldn't they be too big?

they come in all sizes. The smallest are used to hold the tape switch to a KAC broom handle type VFG, the largest one will fit tight around a carbine hand guard holding the tape switch tight.

brando
07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Take protecting your wires. I had a handful of light and lasers fail me in Iraq because the wires rubbed against random objects over time, shorting them and causing the device to fail.