PDA

View Full Version : looking for a Kali legal pistol grip for my WASR

aolis110
07-01-2011, 9:05 PM
I can't find any on the internet. Does anyone know where I can get a Kali legal pistol grip for my WASR?

1forall
07-01-2011, 9:39 PM
Umm...Kali legal? If you are talking about one of these http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/jmeezy_photos/3dd161c8.jpg
Riflegear has them for $9.99

Jayruta
07-01-2011, 10:04 PM
um.... your WASR should have come in California legal to begin with. Century should have taken care of all the 922r stuff. If your in San Diego I can sell you one for 5$ I'm pretty sure I have a US made one laying around somewhere.

SJgunguy24
07-01-2011, 10:10 PM
The mag lock is the issue, not the grip. Do a little research first and welcome.

munkeeboi
07-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Check my signature and email me at fingrips 'at' gmail.com

bob7122
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
CTD, RIFLEGEAR, TACTICALCITY.COM,

READ UP ON CA LAWS. so as to not get into trouble.

and WELCOME!

Quiet
07-02-2011, 1:00 AM
Some vendors in CA sell AK type rifles without pistol grips (it makes them "featureless").
So, one could surmise that the OP obtain one of those AKs and is now looking to install a pistol grip.

1forall
07-02-2011, 2:57 AM
Some vendors in CA sell AK type rifles without pistol grips (it makes them "featureless").
So, one could surmise that the OP obtain one of those AKs and is now looking to install a pistol grip.

True...but the OP specifically said WASR and they only sell those two ways, single and double stack(to my knowledge). I've never seen WASRs configured without the pistol grip.

tujungatoes
07-02-2011, 4:42 AM
True...but the OP specifically said WASR and they only sell those two ways, single and double stack(to my knowledge). I've never seen WASRs configured without the pistol grip.

That's actually the most common way I've seen them sold. Many dealers don't put a BB on them, and just leave the grip off.

Aolis110 you need to have a non-detachable magazine if you want to add a pistol grip. Or if you want to keep the detachable mag configuration then it needs to be "featureless". Munkeeboi sells finned grips. There's the monster man grip. Or just no grip at all. If you ever get confused about legal configurations, just follow the flowchart (http://calnra.com/cgi-bin/flowchart.cgi).

Welcome to calguns.

aolis110
07-02-2011, 3:20 PM
Sorry,guys,I didn't make myself clear. My WASR is already Ca. compliant. I was looking for some type of Monsterman grip,so I can remove the bullet button.

mydogsmonkey
07-02-2011, 3:24 PM
try munkeebois grips, he makes them individually for a perfect fit

1forall
07-02-2011, 5:49 PM
Sorry,guys,I didn't make myself clear. My WASR is already Ca. compliant. I was looking for some type of Monsterman grip,so I can remove the bullet button.

In that case, the custom Kydex Fin Grip from monkeeboi is the way to go. After checking the link from his post in this tread, I think I'll grab 1 or 2 myself. Good luck!!!

TacticalPlinker
07-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Depending on your grip try the kydex cover from SolarTactical. Quality CalGuns friendly gear and company. They can even make a custom wrap if need be.

Richard Erichsen
07-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I can't find any on the internet. Does anyone know where I can get a Kali legal pistol grip for my WASR?

Solar Tactical kydex grip straps are another option to go over your US made (922r compliant) plastic pistol grip. It's still featureless, sans bullet button, because the "conspicuous pistol grip beneath the action" is rendered obscure by the strap attachment.

R

WW2Buff
07-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I prefer the monsterman grip but you need an adapter to put it on an AK. -Ben

762.DEFENSE
07-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Welcome to CALGUNS! :clap:

Also like stated above there is no "Cali-legal" pistol grip. The many in which your rifle flows with the AW Flow chart is what keeps you safe or lands you in jail.

Become familiar with the flow chart, then decide if you'd like to go the "featureless route" or the standard route with a mag lock.

Happy shooting!

CSACANNONEER
07-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Munkeeboi and duraglock (solartactical) both make kydex grip wraps. I've seen and used both (and know both individuals) so, it can't really say that one is "better" than the other. Munkeeboi's is less expensive and comes with silver screws. The Solartactical ones cost more, the screws are black and match the kydex and he vacuum forms the kydex for a (possibly?) better/tighter fit. That said, my WASR in 7.62x39 has a MM grip on it. A standard plastic MM grip will work just fine but, you also need to buy an AK to AR grip adapter (from just about any major vendor) to make it work. If you really want one, I have a virgin wood MM grip for an AK but, I'd want a lot for it. Definately more than the original retail price 'cause, I'll probably never find another one and, someday I really want to use it on one of my builds. But, for the right price, I'd let it go.

aolis110
07-03-2011, 1:17 PM
Thanks,guys,I'm going to try one from munkeeboi. His grips look pretty good.

racky
07-03-2011, 1:26 PM
i got a solar tactical grip. works great :43:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvqIiX2cvC0
VvqIiX2cvC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyiAFSIxhA0
wyiAFSIxhA0

xxINKxx
07-03-2011, 2:12 PM
^ just watched the vid, didn't expect the justin beiber poster shoot lol