View Full Version : Sighting My Mini 14

07-01-2011, 8:08 PM
Took mine out for the first time a couple weeks ago and its going a little low and left. I know its not me because others shot it as well, not that I am a crack shot or anything.

I need to get out the manual and try to figure out how to sight it in on Saturday. How far out should I set up the target? I dont have that much room to play with, I cant get to an outdoor range for a few weeks. If I can get the round to hit where I am aiming at 100 yards, or a bit further, and put together some decent groups I will be happy. Anything farther out than that I can practice, get to know the rifle, and adapt to it. Does that make sense?

I have no clue what I am doing and have only the manual and tools that came with the rifle. Any tips for a rifle rookie would be appreciated, thanks. I just have the iron sights BTW.

07-01-2011, 9:33 PM
First get it adjusted at 25-30 yards then move back to 100 and fine tune it. Just remember do not get the barrel hotter than you can hold it. With the mini that will be just a few rounds. Then let it cool before the next shots if you want a more accurate adjustment. Best to take other firearms to shoot while you wait for it to cool.

07-01-2011, 9:50 PM
Thanks, I never would have thought heat would matter.