View Full Version : Hammerhead grips

07-01-2011, 6:59 PM
Anyone here use a Hammerhead grip on their featureless AR build? I just picked on up for my featureless GAU-5P Air Force shorty clone. I like it a lot more than the Kydex paddle I was using. I left the pinned 4 position stock in place, and just use the Hammerhead as a non-pistol grip. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

07-01-2011, 8:46 PM
many of us do.. its a great little grip that helps keep us PRK compliant

07-01-2011, 9:18 PM
I'm running two, and really like the fit and feel. Best thing is you can modify them to better fit your hand if you're so inclined to do so.

07-01-2011, 11:28 PM
What do you mean modify them?

I have been looking at this recently for my AR and AK so I can use my pre-ban mags.

07-02-2011, 3:45 PM
Here is the Hammerhead on my light weight GAU-5P clone (Air Force slick side shorty) with a pinned 4 position CAR stock and Branson Brake.

I like it much more than the MMG or the Kydex paddle. It is ugly, but not as ugly as either of the other two (IMHO). What it does have going for it is that you can manipulate BOTH the mag release AND safety using your strong hand only, while you are still holding the weapon secure with just the strong hand on the hammerhead grip. The off hand is free to execute the reload or immediate action drill.

Not as cool or comfortable as a standard pistool grip, but get's the job done. It woks so well, I may just sell my Kel-Tec SU-16CA!:D

07-02-2011, 3:59 PM
go to their site and get a few blemished ones for 8.99, on their specials page.
modify to your hearts content.
modify = dremel/file, make finger grooves, stipple, etc...
i think someone mentioned they chopped off half of it even
once you are comfy with your mod process you can get a non-blemished one to do the mod on.

07-02-2011, 5:18 PM
Mine is a $9 "blemished" one, but I am no sure why it is a blem. Looks great to me!

07-02-2011, 5:21 PM
lol, i was wondering whats blemished about it myself.
maybe Exile should send me another couple, just so i can make sure

Peter W Bush
07-02-2011, 5:23 PM
Mine is a $9 "blemished" one, but I am no sure why it is a blem. Looks great to me!

I bought 2. I really can't see why they are blemished. Maybe some brilliant marketing? :43:

07-02-2011, 5:31 PM
I had bought 2 as well, just in case I like the way i mess it up

Exile Machine
07-09-2011, 9:07 AM
Still have a few of those discounted blemished units (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52&products_id=285) left, and they still ship free. I cull out the blems myself. I'm very picky. You might not see the blemish, but if I see it, into the seconds bucket with it. Of course all factory seconds are fully functional. Most customers will use 'em as-is. If you want to paint, a little shot of automotive primer will do the trick. If you're doing our Frankenstein AK mod (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=361628), a blemished unit is the way to go.

gun toting monkeyboy
07-09-2011, 9:14 AM
I picked up a couple of these when they first came out. I still use them, and they have held up well. Exile is a first rate company, and Mark has stood behind those of us stuck in California for the past several years. He will continue to get my business.