PDA

View Full Version : Questions you would like to ask Turners

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Napalm Bulldog
07-01-2011, 5:35 PM
Open to all for posting questions you would like answered.

Welcome Turners to Calguns,My question is when are you guys going to bring back 90 day lay-away? The 90 day lay-away made it possible for me to buy more exspensive firearms. Yes I know I can also save up but for some of us that is not a reality. Bob at Field Times in Westminster has 90 lay-away and I have for the record in the last year bought six firearms from him. He will match most advertised prices also. Only had him say no to one because it was on a discontinued model. Happened to be an add from you guys on a tiger camo shotgun.

I have been recently meandering into the Fountain valley store lately. I dont know where Mike has been ? Waiting to run into him so he can bore sight my Howa .308. I did a PPT not too long ago there and Neil made it pretty effortless. I also had one of the sales reps show me how a bore snake works. Yep didnt know never really thought about trying one. She did a great demonstration, Answered my questions. I wound up buying one that I need to return since you just put them on sale for 5 dollars cheaper! LOl just got it two days ago. So to me things are looking up. Bring back 90 day lay-away! If you did there would be a G17 with my name on it!

Bill@Turner's
07-01-2011, 6:57 PM
This is another timely question; thanks for asking.

Prior to the sale of the company in 2005, we had offered a 60-day layaway, but most managers would work with you and more times than not it could be managed as a 90-day layaway.

However, prior to Gene L.'s return, it became a 30-day layaway for a number of reasons- all of which were related to the health of the company during that period.

Today, it stands as 30-day layaway with most managers able to work with you on stretching things out a bit.

As we change our retail systems here in the next couple of months, we'll take another look at things and see what we can do.

We appreciate your feedback; it'll help guide us through our rebuilding.

ElvenSoul
07-01-2011, 7:12 PM
Any chance of featureless rifle sales of AK/AR's.

ArmyMedicMoose
07-03-2011, 4:21 PM
AR stripped lowers?

JoeinLA
07-03-2011, 4:30 PM
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
We have been stocking some feature-less AK's but sales have been soft vs. AK's with various mag locks.

While we have not offered any featureless AR's, we may as we continue to expand our selection of cool guns.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
AR stripped lowers?

Ditto on these- we sold some just a few years back and there is discussion about doing these again in the very near future.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.

While some of that wait is just a part of the sales and paperwork process, a lot of it is also dependent on our current retail system, which is being replaced in the next two months.

We are also getting our managers on track with training so that they can better manage things that take time and payroll away from the sales counter. And the new retail system should also help in that area as well so that more time can be spent on the sales counter instead of the office.

bigevil
07-07-2011, 11:05 PM

First off, welcome Turners! longtime shopper at your reseda location (3+ guns at that store alone).

I love turners prices and their selection as well as the fact that the people that work there are usually wonderful to deal with.
I do have to say that I do share much of the sentiment expressed previously regarding wait times. I wonder if even just having a single greeter/roamer type of person to answer super trivial questions about stuff would be helpful. I totally appreciate all of the factors that go into making this a challenge but I'm simply saying that it would be my first area of improvement. I recently opted to goto another less friendly store because I anticipated the wait time. That being said I will happily return because I do think your people are great.

Icypu
07-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Does Turners have an official policy and manager training in place regarding CA C&R FFL licenses and CADOJ COE holders. In briefly discussing with local sales at a store, they seemed adamant that no person could walk into the store buy a rifle or pistol 50 years old or older and leave. Of course, with these documents, in compliance with state and federal law, you can buy a C&R firearm and take it home the day of.

With the amazing selection of used and C&R firearms that appear instore, there should be more effort to provide better service to C&R, COE holders.

Bill@Turner's
07-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Does Turners have an official policy and manager training in place regarding CA C&R FFL licenses and CADOJ COE holders. In briefly discussing with local sales at a store, they seemed adamant that no person could walk into the store buy a rifle or pistol 50 years old or older and leave. Of course, with these documents, in compliance with state and federal law, you can buy a C&R firearm and take it home the day of.

With the amazing selection of used and C&R firearms that appear instore, there should be more effort to provide better service to C&R, COE holders.

Please PM or e-mail me with information regarding a particular store with regards to this.

We sell curio firearms on a regular (at least a few times a week, usually) basis to folks with C&R/COE credentials, so please get back to me and we can work with our Store Sales/Management Director to address specific issues that you've run into.

Thank you.

msteel
07-11-2011, 7:19 AM
I don't have a question, more of a suggestion/compliment. Sorry if I'm off topic a little.

I am another one who quit going to Turner's quite some time ago for the same reasons everyone else has stated. My last visit to a Turner's was the Corona store (old location) several years ago, at which point I had pretty much given up on you guys at that time.

However, I recently needed a PPT. The agreed place was Turner's in Corona. I was happy with doing a local (for me) PPT but was skeptical about using Turner's.

As it turned out, I was quite surprised. A complete 180deg turn from the last time I visited that location. It was kind of hard to believe I was in a Turner's, everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Way-to-go guys! You're on the right path, keep working in that direction and I'll keep coming back.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-11-2011, 3:27 PM
I don't have a question, more of a suggestion/compliment. Sorry if I'm off topic a little.

I am another one who quit going to Turner's quite some time ago for the same reasons everyone else has stated. My last visit to a Turner's was the Corona store (old location) several years ago, at which point I had pretty much given up on you guys at that time.

However, I recently needed a PPT. The agreed place was Turner's in Corona. I was happy with doing a local (for me) PPT but was skeptical about using Turner's.

As it turned out, I was quite surprised. A complete 180deg turn from the last time I visited that location. It was kind of hard to believe I was in a Turner's, everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Way-to-go guys! You're on the right path, keep working in that direction and I'll keep coming back.

Thank you for sharing that. We definitely have some things that we've go to work on and streamlining the PPT process and becoming more PPT-friendly is one of our priorities.

ArmyMedicMoose
07-11-2011, 4:37 PM
AR stripped lowers?

So when can we look forward to stripped lowers being a stocked item? Really looking to get one, I don't want to be forced to go somewhere else?

Bill@Turner's
07-11-2011, 5:19 PM
So when can we look forward to stripped lowers being a stocked item? Really looking to get one, I don't want to be forced to go somewhere else?

Our buyers are putting this together right now. I'll let you know when they have brand/model info, pricing and an ETA.

Thanks.

wangankin
07-11-2011, 6:26 PM
@Turners

Do any of your stores (More Specifically Pasadena) have 10/20 Magpul pmags in-stock? Preferably in FDE or BLK.

Munk
07-11-2011, 8:52 PM
Thank you for sharing that. We definitely have some things that we've go to work on and streamlining the PPT process and becoming more PPT-friendly is one of our priorities.

On the topic of transfers; would you be willing to change your pricing for dealer transfers?

I know PPT's are capped at the 25+10, but for other transfers you charge over 100$. This is very... prohibitive to getting me into your store. I've done a few dealer transfers in the past couple years and have avoided Turners because of the exhorbitant cost. I took my savings and bought a couple of accessories for each of the guns and some ammo. I'd have rather spent it at Turners since I'm rediculously close to one of your locations ( I live closer than every employee who works there to my knowledge).

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-13-2011, 9:34 AM
@Turners

Do any of your stores (More Specifically Pasadena) have 10/20 Magpul pmags in-stock? Preferably in FDE or BLK.

PM sent; thanks!

Ledbetter
07-13-2011, 9:45 AM
Do you have a requirement that PPT customers must buy a lock from you, or provide a lock with proof it was purchased in the last 30 days, in order to complete the transfer?

If so, what law requires this or is it simply a Turner's policy?

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-13-2011, 10:22 AM
On the topic of transfers; would you be willing to change your pricing for dealer transfers?

I know PPT's are capped at the 25+10, but for other transfers you charge over 100$. This is very... prohibitive to getting me into your store. I've done a few dealer transfers in the past couple years and have avoided Turners because of the exhorbitant cost. I took my savings and bought a couple of accessories for each of the guns and some ammo. I'd have rather spent it at Turners since I'm rediculously close to one of your locations ( I live closer than every employee who works there to my knowledge).

Over the last 20 years, we've moved up and down on FFL transfer prices for a number of reasons. As it has become increasingly interesting (and expensive) to do business in CA, our transfer fees have gone up.

Today, we've focused our firearm business on the sale of new/used/consigned guns in our retail stores. Conducting transfers for guns sold outside of our stores is not our primary focus but moreover conducting those transfers cost us as much as the guns that are sold in our stores but just without the benefit of us being the primary seller.

By the way, we charge reduced fees for some types of transfers (LEO, military, industry partners and industry media, amongst others) and we charge no fees for transfers of guns sold/raffled/won at NRA/CRPA/DU/CWA/RMEF/SCI, etc. dinners and events.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Do you have a requirement that PPT customers must buy a lock from you, or provide a lock with proof it was purchased in the last 30 days, in order to complete the transfer?

If so, what law requires this or is it simply a Turner's policy?

CA requires that all firearms sold or transferred, including PPT's passing through a dealer, include or be accompanied by an approved firearm safety device. (12088.1.(a) )

There is an exemption for FSD's purchased within 30 days of the transfer date, provided that the device is presented to the dealer, a receipt dated within 30 days is also presented to the dealer and that the dealer verifies everything and retains a copy of that receipt. (12088.1. (e) (1-5)

There is also an exemption that allows the customer to sign an affidavit attesting to ownership of a gun safe. However, the Federal CSLA of 2005, does not acknowledge that affidavit with respect to handgun transfers. (Transfers of curio's are exempt from this requirement, though.)

Most but not all customers will opt to purchase a lock from us at the time of a handgun PPT as a convenient alternative to providing the lock and receipt purchased 30 days prior. On long gun PPT's, most customers own safes and are signing affidavits.

Ledbetter
07-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Why would you expect there to be a federal (the Federal CSLA of 2005) exemption to a state (12088.1.(a) ) requirement? If it's a state requirement, I don't understand your reasoning in not recognizing the state exemption regarding an affidaviti of ownership. Every other gun store where I have done PPT's does not follow your practice.

People who do PPT's also buy new guns, sometimes a lot of new guns. I tend to do business with those gun stores I am most familiar with, sometimes from prior PPTs.

Napalm Bulldog
07-13-2011, 9:10 PM
Why would you expect there to be a federal (the Federal CSLA of 2005) exemption to a state (12088.1.(a) ) requirement? If it's a state requirement, I don't understand your reasoning in not recognizing the state exemption regarding an affidaviti of ownership. Every other gun store where I have done PPT's does not follow your practice.People who do PPT's also buy new guns, sometimes a lot of new guns. I tend to do business with those gun stores I am most familiar with, sometimes from prior PPTs.

Just put down you own a safe and move on! This is not a thread for arguments. He answered your question with what their policy is. Asked and answered!

Unkl Bang
07-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Why doesn't Turner's sell the Ares defense RCU-22 carbine uppers for the Ruger MK series anymore?I finally talked myself into it and walked into the San Bernardino store cash in hand. The Employee said you discontinued it . Can I special order one? I'd also like to see the Advantage Arms Glock 22LR conversion kits in your stores. I can afford to shoot a heck of alot more of 22 compared to other calibers.

titus75
07-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Probably dumb question but I'm in SLO county and unfamiliar with Turner's. Do you ship to other in state ffl's? I see alot of things I like in your weekly flyer but I'm assuming I would have to make two round trips to purchase any guns.

Damzk
07-14-2011, 4:03 PM
Not really a question but a suggestion. As mentioned before about the wait time. I have had a number of times where I saw the ad and knew what I wanted before going in. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes to just pick up my shotgun because I was waiting. Anyways a quick access line would be nice for like picking up guns, getting ammo from behind the counter or stuff like that, just for people that only need help for like a few minutes.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Why doesn't Turner's sell the Ares defense RCU-22 carbine uppers for the Ruger MK series anymore?I finally talked myself into it and walked into the San Bernardino store cash in hand. The Employee said you discontinued it . Can I special order one? I'd also like to see the Advantage Arms Glock 22LR conversion kits in your stores. I can afford to shoot a heck of alot more of 22 compared to other calibers.

Unkl Bang-

We only dropped them because they quit shipping product. In fact, we're not sure if Ares is going to continue forward with commercial business. BTW, contact the folks at San Bernardino and have them see if we have any RCU's left in any other Turner's locations. I know they are thinning out but there may be one or two left somewhere.

glock_this
07-15-2011, 10:17 AM
When was the last time you showed the Cali compliant P22 Military green in your system? Sku# CAP22007

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Probably dumb question but I'm in SLO county and unfamiliar with Turner's. Do you ship to other in state ffl's? I see alot of things I like in your weekly flyer but I'm assuming I would have to make two round trips to purchase any guns.

Currently, we can work out payment with you and we'll ship to your local FFL. In a few months, we'll be embarking on our online store and we'll ship everywhere with a little less manual process than the way we do it today.

E-mail us when you see something you'll like and we'll get it done.

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Not really a question but a suggestion. As mentioned before about the wait time. I have had a number of times where I saw the ad and knew what I wanted before going in. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes to just pick up my shotgun because I was waiting. Anyways a quick access line would be nice for like picking up guns, getting ammo from behind the counter or stuff like that, just for people that only need help for like a few minutes.

That's not a bad idea. We hope to cut all wait times- initial sale and pick-ups- drastically as we roll out our new system. Some of our stores have used numbering systems, but with mixed success. It does cut down on the confusion of who's next, but it can make customers feel rushed.

As the new system goes online, we'll take a look at ideas like yours and see what works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-15-2011, 10:46 AM
When was the last time you showed the Cali compliant P22 Military green in your system? Sku# CAP22007

We've ordered this 3.4" model on a special order basis recently, but we don't regularly stock it. Any of our stores can order this for you.

glock_this
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
We've ordered this 3.4" model on a special order basis recently, but we don't regularly stock it. Any of our stores can order this for you.

What price do you sell it for? And on the special order you reference, did you actually got one in or is it on backorder?

safewaysecurity
07-15-2011, 10:50 AM
You guys going to expand into the bay area any time soon?

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
What price do you sell it for? And on the special order you reference, did you actually got one in or is it on backorder?

PM sent; thanks.

MacOtac
07-15-2011, 11:01 AM
What is the deal with the Kel Tec KSG's? Are you guys selling them? Are they Cali Legal?

Hilldweller
07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Nice to see open conversation between a vendor and customers.

Looks like this person at Turners is checking the thread here every few days. Not an easy thing to do/remember in a busy business environment, especially when implementing major changes. Heck, just dealing with day-to-day issues can tax someone.

I applaud this person for providing honest answers and what I would call good customer service by checking the site frequently.

I haven't been to Turner's in years (many years), only because I stopped shooting/buying firearms. However, with me planning on PPT's in the future I will definitely visit them again for that service.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-15-2011, 11:08 AM
You guys going to expand into the bay area any time soon?

We have expansion ideas for next year but San Fran is not on the short list right now. Stay tuned for our online store and we'll get you taken care of.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-15-2011, 11:40 AM
What is the deal with the Kel Tec KSG's? Are you guys selling them? Are they Cali Legal?

Yes, they are California legal.

And yes, we are selling them; but they won't arrive until later this year.
In fact we've quit taking deposits because any new deposit we take (after the first 200+ we have in the system) will not likely arrive until Q1, 2012.

See my PM...

Pattons3rd
07-15-2011, 12:47 PM
When is your quarterly summer catalog coming out? You guys have the Springfield Armory 1911's yet?

Coolguy101
07-15-2011, 6:48 PM
I have a question: I went to Turners to do a PPT for a handgun, and they would not accept a mortgage statement provided by the buyer as a secondary proof of residency. My question is why, as it is tied to a physical address like a utility bill and is essentially the same thing as a lease agreement except its between you and the bank?

I know its not on the DOJ list of criteria, but when I called them, their position was that the list they provide is not all inclusive, but rather examples of what would qualify, and for the dealer to use those examples and their best judgement as to what to accept.

So even after the salesperson who was nice enough to call the corporate office and ask them if it was ok, he was told it was not and we were not allowed to do the PPT.

Magnum Johnson
07-17-2011, 7:34 AM
A mortgage statement only proves that you pay for a mortgage not that you actually live there. I suppose a utility bill or vehicle registration does a better job proving that you are actually a CA resident living at that address.

chino
07-17-2011, 8:39 AM
I enjoy using your online rack, so far I've acquired three weapons; however posting pictures for ALL the items will be more convenient. This week list; out of 58 items only 22 have pictures.

ke6guj
07-17-2011, 1:14 PM
A mortgage statement only proves that you pay for a mortgage not that you actually live there.

but a property deed qualifies as CA POR, even though it only proves that you own it, not that you actually live there.

Coolguy101
07-17-2011, 5:34 PM
A mortgage statement only proves that you pay for a mortgage not that you actually live there. I suppose a utility bill or vehicle registration does a better job proving that you are actually a CA resident living at that address.

A utility bill or car registration doesn't prove it any more than a mortgage statement. You could rent out your house but pay for the utilities as part of the rental agreement, or let a family member or friend live there, right? Or you could register a car, and then let someone else drive it while you are gone.

I would argue that its harder to buy a house than sign up for cable tv. A mortgage statement proves you own the house, and is tied to a physical address.

joe321
07-18-2011, 8:47 PM
I'm interested in buying an MP 15 22 but I would like to put a flash hider on it.

1. Is that legal? ( I believe it is, but I want to make sure)

2. Can you guys do the threading?

3. How much would that cost?

Thank you.

ArmyMedicMoose
07-19-2011, 3:42 PM
I'm interested in buying an MP 15 22 but I would like to put a flash hider on it.

Thank you.

They make a S&W 15-22 Moe that is threaded and yes turners sells it..

emgee00
07-19-2011, 6:34 PM

My rant!

I too, have experienced this and much worse. I have done several dozen new purchases and PPT at various Turner's locations throughout the Southland. Everytime I am done with the transaction I leave with the opinion that this would be my last visit to this company!

I have had several transactions that have taken well over 2 hours with no clear justification. I met a friend in Pasadena earlier this year and had a similar situation. We were the first ones in through the door with no line of people behind us. We spent 2+ hours doing a simple PPT and got nothing but horrible attitudes while we were there!!! It was clearly stated to us that they lose money doing these transaction and this is why they have the bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong, I am nothing but super nice (brown noser) everytime I go to do these in fear that they will make me wait even longer, if that is even conceivable.

I tried changing the salesmans opinion that people like me ALWAYS buy several other items everytime I do a PPT. I have even bought some big ticket items from Turner's while doing the PPT. I tried to get them to see out of the box they viewed this whole transaction with no luck but plenty of attitude. Maybe I am too happy when I go to buy guns and that makes them mad???

The above referenced situation really has been a common occurance for me. The reason I chose to share this one was because of the circumstances of almost nobody else in the store and the time spent.

Another gripe I have is I ALWAYS get different rules and policies everytime I visit. I had bought a brand new XD last November and about 5 days into the DROS process I was in to do a PPT. Well, apparently I had to beg the person to accept my vehicle registration as a second form of ID. I had explained that I had the same paperwork from 5 days ago and almost didn't convince the person to go along with it. This almost blew the deal I had going via PPT, which is what I was feeling was the objective!!!!

I have a horror story for litterally every visit I purchased or did a PPT. I buy a lot of guns and avoid Turner's like the plague.

Now to point out some good things after all my horror stories. Turner's always has a good selection and generally has very competitive prices. Unfortunately for Turner's there are a lot of people out there like me.....I would rather go pay full price and deal with a store with no attitude and wait than get a deal and a headache! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I personally know has similar feelings about Turner's.

Now, a little more possitive. I am always a forgiving person and always give people second, third, fouth......chances. Please keep me on your list of notifications to let me know when things have changed and I will come buy another gun.

I hope this constructive criticism didn't hurt anyones feelings. I did not exagerate one bit and if anything, I was on the softer side of voicing my experiences!

Good luck and I hope things change back to the good.

JoeinLA
07-19-2011, 6:45 PM
Just an update, i just purchased my first handgun at turners and will pick it up tomorrow. The purchase last week was perfectly smooth, with no wait! There were a number of people there, but a commensurate number of salespeople. The DROS process was very easy, and the paperwork was completed as efficiently as one could expect given the stupidity of the laws and process. The salesperson eas extremely nice and the transaction was very pleasant.

My only "complaint" (not really, but hey if you want somethng to improve :p ) was that i got charged the "regular" price even though the gun was on sale. In my excitement, i didnt notice it, but did when i was getting ready to pick up the gun tomorrow. No big deal, i called and they very nicely acknowledged that sometimes the computer isnt automatically updated but that they would correct the price tomorrow.

I will DEFINITELY be going back for my next purchase (in 30 days). Heh maybe turners can help with the lobbying efforts to make CA a little less stupid re gun laws :)

One other thing Turners could do is accept SSE sales since im thinking of a Glock Ge4 next...

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-20-2011, 8:02 AM
When is your quarterly summer catalog coming out? You guys have the Springfield Armory 1911's yet?

Our next flyer will be out in a few weeks, just in time for the upcoming Dove Opener and fall hunting seasons- 20+ pages of guns alone in this one!

Ah.... Springfield 1911's... not a pretty picture lately. We have a lot on order- and have had since fall of last year. They trickle in here and there but it's really, really slow.

If you have a particular model in mind, make contact at the Turner's location you shop at and ask them to call you when they see them come in. Alternately you can leave a deposit on that model- we fill any outstanding deposits before any guns are offered to new purchases- but we get no solid answers from Springfield with regards to availability on most models.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-20-2011, 8:32 AM
I have a question: I went to Turners to do a PPT for a handgun, and they would not accept a mortgage statement provided by the buyer as a secondary proof of residency. My question is why, as it is tied to a physical address like a utility bill and is essentially the same thing as a lease agreement except its between you and the bank?

I know its not on the DOJ list of criteria, but when I called them, their position was that the list they provide is not all inclusive, but rather examples of what would qualify, and for the dealer to use those examples and their best judgement as to what to accept.

So even after the salesperson who was nice enough to call the corporate office and ask them if it was ok, he was told it was not and we were not allowed to do the PPT.

If you've got the name of the DOJ rep that you talked to, please PM us.

Turner's participated with NRA, CRPA and other stakeholders who were allowed to participate when the DOJ first drafted regulations for handgun residency when the law was passed. As you likely know, the law requiring residency did not specify acceptable documents. Instead regulations were drafted in order to quantify what could be accepted.

Efforts by pro-2A folks were somewhat successful in the effort to try to allow as many types of proof as possible but in the end the final regulations still reflect the onerous nature of the law, and ultimately, they still unduly burden a lot of customers who find it difficult to prove residency for a number of common-sense reasons.

Yet, as a few posters have noted- a lot of what is acceptable doesn't prove 100% that you really live at a given residence, in the same way that not providing a given document doesn't mean that you don't live at given address.

While it is not uncommon for answers to be inconsistent when talking to the DOJ field staff, we've never heard the one they gave to you giving dealers "judgement" as to what to accept or that the list of acceptable documents was "not inclusive". The actual regulations regarding title as proof of residency are very specific and the language lacks reference to mortgage statements/house payments:

Property deed that bears the individual's name and either of the following:

1) The individual's current residential address as declared on the Dealer's Record of Sale (DROS) form

or

2) The individual's address as it appears on his or her California Driver License or California Identification Card, or change of address attachment thereto.

"Property deed" means either or the following:

A) A valid deed of trust for the individual's property of current residence that identifies the individual as a grantee of the trust

or

B) A valid Certificate of title issued by a licensed title insurance company that identifies the individual as a title holder to his or her property of current residence.

We'll contact them and see if anything has changed. Anything that makes it easier for everyone to prove residency is a win for everyone. We'll let you know.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-20-2011, 8:37 AM

Thank you.

They make a S&W 15-22 Moe that is threaded and yes turners sells it..

Yep!

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-20-2011, 8:43 AM
My rant!

I too, have experienced this and much worse. I have done several dozen new purchases and PPT at various Turner's locations throughout the Southland. Everytime I am done with the transaction I leave with the opinion that this would be my last visit to this company!

I have had several transactions that have taken well over 2 hours with no clear justification. I met a friend in Pasadena earlier this year and had a similar situation. We were the first ones in through the door with no line of people behind us. We spent 2+ hours doing a simple PPT and got nothing but horrible attitudes while we were there!!! It was clearly stated to us that they lose money doing these transaction and this is why they have the bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong, I am nothing but super nice (brown noser) everytime I go to do these in fear that they will make me wait even longer, if that is even conceivable.

I tried changing the salesmans opinion that people like me ALWAYS buy several other items everytime I do a PPT. I have even bought some big ticket items from Turner's while doing the PPT. I tried to get them to see out of the box they viewed this whole transaction with no luck but plenty of attitude. Maybe I am too happy when I go to buy guns and that makes them mad???

The above referenced situation really has been a common occurance for me. The reason I chose to share this one was because of the circumstances of almost nobody else in the store and the time spent.

Another gripe I have is I ALWAYS get different rules and policies everytime I visit. I had bought a brand new XD last November and about 5 days into the DROS process I was in to do a PPT. Well, apparently I had to beg the person to accept my vehicle registration as a second form of ID. I had explained that I had the same paperwork from 5 days ago and almost didn't convince the person to go along with it. This almost blew the deal I had going via PPT, which is what I was feeling was the objective!!!!

I have a horror story for litterally every visit I purchased or did a PPT. I buy a lot of guns and avoid Turner's like the plague.

Now to point out some good things after all my horror stories. Turner's always has a good selection and generally has very competitive prices. Unfortunately for Turner's there are a lot of people out there like me.....I would rather go pay full price and deal with a store with no attitude and wait than get a deal and a headache! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I personally know has similar feelings about Turner's.

Now, a little more possitive. I am always a forgiving person and always give people second, third, fouth......chances. Please keep me on your list of notifications to let me know when things have changed and I will come buy another gun.

I hope this constructive criticism didn't hurt anyones feelings. I did not exagerate one bit and if anything, I was on the softer side of voicing my experiences!

Good luck and I hope things change back to the good.

No offense taken; this is why we are here- to listen.

We are addressing all of these issues- PPT's problems, inconsistency or misinformation with regards to the firearm sales process, and the sheer amount of time it takes to do any transactions- on an ongoing basis.

We appreciate your honesty and we hope that you'll like the changes you see.

emgee00
07-20-2011, 8:57 AM
No offense taken; this is why we are here- to listen.

We are addressing all of these issues- PPT's problems, inconsistency or misinformation with regards to the firearm sales process, and the sheer amount of time it takes to do any transactions- on an ongoing basis.

We appreciate your honesty and we hope that you'll like the changes you see.

Great response. I am glad there was no offense taken and I really hope you guys clean up your image with a lot of the folks I know and the others out there too.

I will give Turner's another shot and see how it goes. I have a few transfers to do today and definately on Sunday if not today. I hope to report good info back then.

Coolguy101
07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
If you've got the name of the DOJ rep that you talked to, please PM us.

Turner's participated with NRA, CRPA and other stakeholders who were allowed to participate when the DOJ first drafted regulations for handgun residency when the law was passed. As you likely know, the law requiring residency did not specify acceptable documents. Instead regulations were drafted in order to quantify what could be accepted.

Efforts by pro-2A folks were somewhat successful in the effort to try to allow as many types of proof as possible but in the end the final regulations still reflect the onerous nature of the law, and ultimately, they still unduly burden a lot of customers who find it difficult to prove residency for a number of common-sense reasons.

Yet, as a few posters have noted- a lot of what is acceptable doesn't prove 100% that you really live at a given residence, in the same way that not providing a given document doesn't mean that you don't live at given address.

While it is not uncommon for answers to be inconsistent when talking to the DOJ field staff, we've never heard the one they gave to you giving dealers "judgement" as to what to accept or that the list of acceptable documents was "not inclusive". The actual regulations regarding title as proof of residency are very specific and the language lacks reference to mortgage statements/house payments:

Property deed that bears the individual's name and either of the following:

1) The individual's current residential address as declared on the Dealer's Record of Sale (DROS) form

or

2) The individual's address as it appears on his or her California Driver License or California Identification Card, or change of address attachment thereto.

"Property deed" means either or the following:

A) A valid deed of trust for the individual's property of current residence that identifies the individual as a grantee of the trust

or

B) A valid Certificate of title issued by a licensed title insurance company that identifies the individual as a title holder to his or her property of current residence.

We'll contact them and see if anything has changed. Anything that makes it easier for everyone to prove residency is a win for everyone. We'll let you know.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a name. So I called back today and talked to a lady (didn't get her name either) and I got slapped down and told that it wouldn't be accepted.

When pressed as to why, she got pretty irate and said it wasn't a Govt. document. When I helpfully pointed out that a Directv bill wasn't either, she said that it wasn't tied to a physical address.

I pointed out that in fact it was, and she kept saying bank statements don't count. I told her its not a bank statement, but a bill from my mortgage company. She got more frustrated and said that it still won't work as it wasn't the deed.

I asked why, as last I checked in order to get the mortgage statement, you need to own the property, and if you own the property, then you would have the deed to the property. As far as I know I can't call the mortgage company and tell them that John Doe should now receive the mortgage statement's, but his name isn't on the title.

She was pretty grumpy the whole time, and not very helpful at all. Maybe someone else had called and asked her the same question recently, but all she would say if "its not on the list, it doesn't work."

So how do we get that changed :)

AragornElessar86
07-20-2011, 10:22 AM
As others have said the wait time can be annoying, but I honestly would rather wait an hour or two (never actually had to wait that long, just feels like it when I'm waiting to pick up my new gun) and get the excellent customer service than have fast crappy service like I get at some other shops in the area. So if the wait time can be shortened without sacrificing the service quality it would be nice, but if not, don't change it!

clbshooter
07-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi, I am a new Ca. resident and I signed up on your site for the news letter and catalogs and was wondering if you e-mail the sale flyers? I have been to Turners in San Diego 3 times. First to order a 930 SPX (put deposit down) second to check it out on arrival and finish paying and do the paper work and finally to pick in up. I was impressed with all 3 visits as the staff was very good and the price was not the best but I was ok with it. Before moving here I sold all my guns because some were not allowed here, so I am going to be looking for replacements and would like to get the sale flyers e-mailed instead of trying to find them in the paper.

frankm
07-21-2011, 8:55 AM
Russ at the San Diego store seems like a good egg. Give him a raise.

bigdaddybry
07-21-2011, 5:54 PM
You guys have deals weekly and sometimes I wait to purchase a firearm because I hope to see it on sale.

If I were to get impatient and make a purchase and not wait for a sale, then it went on sale, do you have any price-match or equivalent guarantees?

Thank you.

saelee23
07-22-2011, 2:45 AM
WHEN YOU GUYS ARE GONNA OPEN A TURNERS IN THE SF BAY AREA>?

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-22-2011, 7:00 AM
Hi, I am a new Ca. resident and I signed up on your site for the news letter and catalogs and was wondering if you e-mail the sale flyers? I have been to Turners in San Diego 3 times. First to order a 930 SPX (put deposit down) second to check it out on arrival and finish paying and do the paper work and finally to pick in up. I was impressed with all 3 visits as the staff was very good and the price was not the best but I was ok with it. Before moving here I sold all my guns because some were not allowed here, so I am going to be looking for replacements and would like to get the sale flyers e-mailed instead of trying to find them in the paper.

Once you sign up you'll get our weekly ad and some e-mail only specials. You will also get our next seasonal flyer mailed to your home.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-22-2011, 7:03 AM
You guys have deals weekly and sometimes I wait to purchase a firearm because I hope to see it on sale.

If I were to get impatient and make a purchase and not wait for a sale, then it went on sale, do you have any price-match or equivalent guarantees?

Thank you.

We'll take care of you if a gun goes on sale while you're in background or if you recently picked it up. There are some reasonable time limits in place but we try to make it easy; if you ever find your self in that situation just contact the store manager and they'll get you set up.

Cruznegao
07-22-2011, 9:08 AM
Since I've never done a PPT and don't know the process my idea could be stupid but...

Since most of the complaints that I see here are about the time spent at the store, is there a way that you guys could put the forms as a downloadable .PDF on your website?

This way both parties could show up at the store will all the info pre-filled and all that the store has to do is check for accuracy.

If that is not possible, maybe an extra service for a small convenience fee ($5) were both parties go to your website and give you all the info. By the time they get to the store the paper is all printed and filled and all you have to do is check documents and get the finger print? If you can't charge extra because of regulations how about a promotion like this: Doing a PPT at Turners? For $15 (or whatever) reserve a box of ammo for your new gun and we will have the papers ready for you...

Just an idea...

clbshooter
07-22-2011, 2:38 PM
Thanks for the return message. I am eagerly waiting for the sale flyers.

monk
07-22-2011, 3:14 PM
Do you guys place holds on guns? If so, for how long? I ask because I plan on heading out to the Pasadena store tomorrow to purchase the RIA 1911, hopefully before it runs out of stock.

drivwfo
07-22-2011, 5:35 PM
Just an FYI, I have done a few PPT's at the Corona location and they have been very helpful and had a great attitude. Same day I picked up my one PPT handgun I decided to buy a new rifle from stock...
Have also bought a few firearms at Fountain Valley (much closer to me) and have always been treated well there too.

Captain Neon
07-22-2011, 9:35 PM
I've been to several Turner's stores and I see each location reflects the neighborhood its located in. Another way of putting this is there isn't just one Turner's, there are several and each has its own personality.

The store I visit most often is West Covina; my construction worker clothes fit in there. The Chino Hills store is the closest to where I live, its also not far off the route from my job to my house. Trouble is, if you have a store in Chino Hills and you have to pick between two customers, you will pick the man with a shirt and tie over the man in construction wear. That's why I don't shop at Chino Hills, I don't look like a man with a grand in discretionary income a month. That's why I'll backtrack from the bus stop to visit the West Covina store.

I understand, Turner's is a business and the sales staff have to make the choices that maximize profit. Not all customers are a fit for each store. When I realized that, I felt better. I like the Rancho Cucamonga store, it is nice and large with excellent wares and friendly sales people. Its just a bit of a drive is all.

One thing I would like to see standardized is the pick up procedure after the ten days are up. Most redshirts will read off the firearm's serial number on the DROS papers while both of us check the serial on the gun. I like that. Some redshirts ( maybe one in six ) will check the serials out of my sight and have me take the paperwork to the cashier to release the gun. ( No, the redshirts aren't expendable crew men on Star Trek. Turner's salesmen wear red shirts, managers wear black. )

Uhhh, with me, it doesn't work that way. I check the serials before signing that I've received the firearm. Call me stubborn, I'm glad I have that habit, one time the gun in the box with my name on it didn't have the same serial number as the DROS. The fishing department guy who was helping me didn't understand why its such a big deal. I'm glad the manager did, he got everything squared away.

Another non standard practice is attitudes toward my bringing in an empty case when I'm picking up a gun that comes in a cardboard box. I drive a station wagon and live in a school zone. I need a locked container to legally get the gun to my house. Some redshirts are OK with my bringing my own case; others want me to buy one then and there. Same ratio as checking serial numbers with me present. The one guy who made a big fuss was the one and only tan shirt: I don't know what tan means in the company. ( I think he was a corporate officer, I can't imagine anyone below that level taking the initiative to insult me ) Tan Man "R", you out there? What were you thinking?

Overall, considered as a chain, I like Turner's. Over the years I've bought about fifteen guns from there, more than any other store.

Pluses:

Selection ( especially the black rifles )
Price
Locations ( as in easy to get to, parking capacity, etc )
Don't freak out when the address on my driver's license doesn't match the utility bill and car registration

Minuses:

Uneven procedures
Exclusiveness in customer selection in well to do areas
Reluctance to special order small items like magazines

626shepherd
07-23-2011, 6:51 AM
why do you folks no longer stock any range ammo in 44 special? this caliber is gaining popularity fast and is one oy my favorits to shoot. thanks.

crazychinaman
07-23-2011, 2:47 PM
Hello,I was just in the new south bay Turners.Nice store,Parking sucks, worst than the other store.I have a complaint about the workers in the store. I am trying to find a Kimber Super Match Pistol .45ACP and Tactical Custom ,Kind of got the deer in the headlight look from the guy,Said had to talk to manager,then walked away.so I walked away too.

JamminJ
07-24-2011, 8:30 PM
Ever given any thought to starting some type of customer loyalty program?

I've purchased eleven firearms over the past year or so from Turners - if you were a sub shop I'd be due for a freebie! ;)

Firerescuebatt07
07-24-2011, 9:47 PM
I noticed last week Turners had a sell on hi point carbines. Were they modified in anyway? If I was going to bring in a hi point carbine 45acp would I have to do anything to it? or is it good to go. Been searching a lot for this topic and no joy. If anyone knows thankyou in advance.

ke6guj
07-24-2011, 9:49 PM
I noticed last week Turners had a sell on hi point carbines. Were they modified in anyway? If I was going to bring in a hi point carbine 45acp would I have to do anything to it? or is it good to go. Been searching a lot for this topic and no joy. If anyone knows thankyou in advance.

yes, a stock Hi-point carbine is an AW. It has to be be modified so as to not be an AW to be legal in CA.

Firerescuebatt07
07-24-2011, 10:30 PM
yes, a stock Hi-point carbine is an AW. It has to be be modified so as to not be an AW to be legal in CA.
Thank you Jack. Hmmm, now the big question is where to find the parts to make it Ca legal....Blah... Maybe I will search for something else. they are so hard to find, my local shop cannot get them. I found some back east but I'm sure they are unmodified

fishkenstein
07-25-2011, 2:09 AM
The WASR-10 you guys selling, does it come with all 10 US 922r Compliance Parts. if so what are they ?
thanks

JAGGUY
07-25-2011, 6:38 AM
The HiPoint has already been modified or else Turners wouldn't be able to sell it...

S.A.
07-25-2011, 1:19 PM
My question is, what is corporate policy regarding private parties doing gun inspections, money exchange inside store? I've done some in, some out of store and never had problem with either but feel more comfortable inside of store. And also I would like to see 90 day layaways back, maybe use customer's buying record to assign layaway terms. Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Hello,I was just in the new south bay Turners.Nice store,Parking sucks, worst than the other store.I have a complaint about the workers in the store. I am trying to find a Kimber Super Match Pistol .45ACP and Tactical Custom ,Kind of got the deer in the headlight look from the guy,Said had to talk to manager,then walked away.so I walked away too.

Thank you for the feedback; PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Ever given any thought to starting some type of customer loyalty program?

I've purchased eleven firearms over the past year or so from Turners - if you were a sub shop I'd be due for a freebie! ;)

Our new software system has provisions for that and we'll get a program into place later this year.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-26-2011, 10:55 AM

Thank you Jack. Hmmm, now the big question is where to find the parts to make it Ca legal....Blah... Maybe I will search for something else. they are so hard to find, my local shop cannot get them. I found some back east but I'm sure they are unmodified

The HiPoint has already been modified or else Turners wouldn't be able to sell it...

Like the majority of the semi-auto rifles we are selling, the Hi-Point carbines we sell have a "tool-detachable" magazine that makes them legal to sell. The standard magazine release button has been replaced by a button that requires the use of a tool to detach the magazine.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-26-2011, 11:07 AM
The WASR-10 you guys selling, does it come with all 10 US 922r Compliance Parts. if so what are they ?
thanks

PM Sent; thank you.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-26-2011, 11:29 AM
My question is, what is corporate policy regarding private parties doing gun inspections, money exchange inside store? I've done some in, some out of store and never had problem with either but feel more comfortable inside of store. And also I would like to see 90 day layaways back, maybe use customer's buying record to assign layaway terms. Thanks.

We do not have a formal corporate policy on this. Most folks exchange money away from the store but we definitely can see why you'd feel more comfortable when buying a gun from someone you don't know. We'll discuss this a bit more internally so that all of our stores are on the same page.

As for layaway, we'll keep taking a look at what works and can be managed.

Thanks.

monk
07-26-2011, 5:23 PM
I saw a concern raised on another thread regarding something else and it made me question the following. When I purchase a handgun at Turners, am I buying the gun that I handle behind the counter or is a new one being sent from a warehouse? The reason I ask is, I would hate to find out that the gun I just spent a lot of money on is still being used as a display. Can you confirm?

JHT
07-26-2011, 5:24 PM
Do the employees earn a commission on sales?

I like to give [a certain employee] my business, because of [his] excellent customer service. But if we talk about a certain firearm, then I come back and purchase it from another employee - I feel guilty that the guy who did the work, didn't get the sale. Am I over-thinking this?

Thanks for helping me (safely) practice the 2A Rights! :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-26-2011, 9:45 PM
I saw a concern raised on another thread regarding something else and it made me question the following. When I purchase a handgun at Turners, am I buying the gun that I handle behind the counter or is a new one being sent from a warehouse? The reason I ask is, I would hate to find out that the gun I just spent a lot of money on is still being used as a display. Can you confirm?

Frequently, we have the gun in stock in our warehouse or we may have the gun (non-display) in stock in another store. Either of those guns will be shipped to the store and held for you once you've left us a deposit (full or layaway.)

On occasion though, you may be buying the actual display gun from the store you're in or a display gun that is coming from another store. In either case, the gun is boxed and held for you just like those that have never been on display. If all the guns of a given model are on layaway, we'll go without an display until we have new stock. Customer layaway guns are not used for display.

Turner's Outdoorsman
07-26-2011, 9:53 PM
Do the employees earn a commission on sales?

I like to give [a certain employee] my business, because of [his] excellent customer service. But if we talk about a certain firearm, then I come back and purchase it from another employee - I feel guilty that the guy who did the work, didn't get the sale. Am I over-thinking this?

Thanks for helping me (safely) practice the 2A Rights! :)

While our sales staff is not on commission, they have a variety of sales incentives and additional earning opportunities available to them. We have in-store policies in order to credit those sales associates who have earned your business. In the case you describe, make sure you let sales staff know who that is, so that they receive proper credit.

Thank you.

Press Check
07-28-2011, 6:04 PM
A few things.

In my opinion, Win USA and Rem UMC seem to be among the most popular brands for plinking and/or target shooting, so why aren't your shelves ever stocked with it? You guys are losing tons of sales to Walmart and Big5 Sporting Goods.

Since Turners is local, I used to simply stop by the store, but after being disappointed time and time again, I started calling instead, but after the continued disappointment, these days, I simply shop elsewhere, and complete stear clear of Turners. Admittedly, after swearing not to, I called today and spoke to Chris, and got the usual disappointment in reference to Rem UMC.

"Nope, we don't have it" is the general response, but if they ever followed that statement with when they expect to have what I asked for back on the shelf, I'd certainly come back. What ever happened to earning a customers business, and making sure they come back?

Also, despite what someone said earlier, the employees at the Reseda location are anything but friendly, and lack any sort of enthusiam about making a sale, showing a gun, selling a gun, etc. In short, they all seem to be typical payroll employee's that are watching the clock, and would obviously rather be doing other things.

I understand that Turners in a chain, and not a traditional Mom and Pop gun store, but hire some enthusiastic employees that actually know and understand the meaning of customer service.

monk
07-28-2011, 6:12 PM
Frequently, we have the gun in stock in our warehouse or we may have the gun (non-display) in stock in another store. Either of those guns will be shipped to the store and held for you once you've left us a deposit (full or layaway.)

On occasion though, you may be buying the actual display gun from the store you're in or a display gun that is coming from another store. In either case, the gun is boxed and held for you just like those that have never been on display. If all the guns of a given model are on layaway, we'll go without an display until we have new stock. Customer layaway guns are not used for display.

So would the salesperson tell me whether I'm getting a display?

JHT
07-28-2011, 7:19 PM
While our sales staff is not on commission, they have a variety of sales incentives and additional earning opportunities available to them. We have in-store policies in order to credit those sales associates who have earned your business. In the case you describe, make sure you let sales staff know who that is, so that they receive proper credit.

Thank you.

Perfect. Thanks for the informative reply!

Get3CoffinsReady
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM
I like going into Turners and have bought a firearm there but I usually do not find what I am looking for.
I would like to see better availability of the following:

* Ammunition. Mainly slugs and defensive ammo. I have not been able to buy slugs at Turners at all. The defensive handgun ammo is bare too. I only found a single box of hydra-shoks the last time I went. (Pasadena)

* Flow chart friendly auto loading rifles.
M1a, Kel-Tec SU-16, Mini-14, Mini-Thirty

* Magazines. The Pasadena location has a very limited selection of magazines for pistols and rifles.

* Tactical lights. I only find a small selection of surefire lights at Turners. It would be nice to have more choices like streamlight.

Get3CoffinsReady
07-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Will Turners do FFL transfers? I asked about it in November 2009 at the southbay location and was told that they will not do FFL transfers and if they did the charge would be $200.

ryker411
07-30-2011, 7:52 PM
Thank you for entertaining this forum. I am sure you are gaining many new customers by being so receptive to questions.
I would like to see a 90 day layaway program set up as well. That is something many gunshops don't, have so you could easily "one up" the competition in that respect. I understand holding a firearm for three months has disadvantages for the store as well but I can say for sure that I would by more guns in the long run. I can hide $300 a month from my wife much easier than $1000 or so...
Thanks again for responding to the questions in this forum. Its interesting to see the negative threads about customer service. I have never had a bad experience in the stores. I am in sales, so I see both sides very well, and customers always voice the negative so I am sure you take that with a grain of salt.
When there is a long line studies have shown that if a customer can "take a number" from one of those things like a deli it will make the wait seem less because there is an end in sight.
anyway thanks for listening.

zoglog
07-30-2011, 9:11 PM
When the counter is busy, I'd like to see a ticket system implemented. Otherwise it's difficult to know who's next.

socal44
07-31-2011, 8:55 AM
When the counter is busy, I'd like to see a ticket system implemented. Otherwise it's difficult to know who's next.

I agree.

LBDamned
07-31-2011, 11:49 AM

I agree.

+2 (works well at Ammo Bros)...

I know there's no way to do this next suggestion (wish there was though)... skip over the looky-loos that spend 15 or more minutes asking questions and handling multiple guns when you know damn well they arent going to buy anything ...

I stood at counter for 20 or more minutes waiting to buy some HD ammo a while back while the knucklehead next to me wanted to see this, then that, then the other and ended up with a $1500 revolver in his hand that he admittedly couldnt afford... WTF, let me buy my stuff then deal with the guy that has no money.:mad:

The Machine
07-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Do you guys have any plans to upgrade your current website? It would sure be nice to browse all of your products online before burning any gas. Your selection and prices usually make a trip to your San Marcos store worthwhile. I could justify the trip even more if I knew that you had a particular product in stock and how big of a wallet to bring.

I realize how difficult this could be and how much time it could take. There may even be the issue of your various stores stocking different products. I imagine there are plenty of other Calgunners who feel the same.

ron1950
08-01-2011, 3:12 PM

They had this at the Reseda store but discontinued it. I didn't much like it at the time but once it was gone I missed it because with 10 people hanging around it is impossible to maintain the correct order.

As much as I never thought I would say it, I would like to have the numbers back again.

Thanks

notme92069
08-01-2011, 5:58 PM
I can hide $300 a month from my wife much easier than $1000 or so...

^^^^This^^^^^^^^

knucklehead
08-01-2011, 6:36 PM
I would like to see a little better customer service at the new south bay turners. I walked in an the girl at the front didn't greet me. The young guy at the gun counter didn't greet me or even say a word to me as I'm standing there waiting for the lady to finish her questions. Even though ge walked pass me 4 times. I wasn't greeted by 3 employees when I was there for the 45 minutes. The older guy that actually worked at the old location was the only one that talked to me or asked if I've been helped. Very very poor customer service on the 3 employees. On the way out the girl at the front counter mumbled to come back. An I simply told her I will rather take the drive to the signal hill turners. Even though I live 10 minutes from the new one on hawthrone. I still visit an buy but not from the new location unroll the service is changed.

XtK
08-02-2011, 3:05 PM
I just put in my DROS for a WASR AK that was on sale in your ad and the sales rep marked on the receipt that they would be pulling inventory from the Warehouse for my purchase. Knowing that Century Arms inst the best manufacturer of firearms I have a concern that the AK I just purchased may contain a defect(s) that I would have not been able to visually confirm while in store during the purchase.

My questions relating to that are...

1. Does Turners do any Quality inspections prior to selling arms?

and

2. Hypothetically If I find a MAJOR defect before I leave with the store with the firearm would I be able to exchange it? (EG: Bent Barrrel?)

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 3:26 PM
A few things.

Admittedly, after swearing not to, I called today and spoke to Chris, and got the usual disappointment in reference to Rem UMC...

....I understand that Turners in a chain, and not a traditional Mom and Pop gun store, but hire some enthusiastic employees that actually know and understand the meaning of customer service.

We totally agree with you on our folks needing to have the right attitude and outlook.

As for UMC, we have it on order year around and Remington has been shipping most calibers well except for .45. In fact, 9MM is on ad right now and .40 is on our Weds e-mail blast.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 3:29 PM
So would the salesperson tell me whether I'm getting a display?

Yes, especially so that you can make sure that it looks good. Occasionally, a display gun will have some shelf wear and we will discount those a bit if you're interested in buying the actual display gun.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 3:44 PM
I like going into Turners and have bought a firearm there but I usually do not find what I am looking for.
I would like to see better availability of the following:

* Ammunition. Mainly slugs and defensive ammo. I have not been able to buy slugs at Turners at all. The defensive handgun ammo is bare too. I only found a single box of hydra-shoks the last time I went. (Pasadena)

* Flow chart friendly auto loading rifles.
M1a, Kel-Tec SU-16, Mini-14, Mini-Thirty

* Magazines. The Pasadena location has a very limited selection of magazines for pistols and rifles.

* Tactical lights. I only find a small selection of surefire lights at Turners. It would be nice to have more choices like streamlight.

Hydra-shok has been spotty in all calibers for some time; slugs, too.

Kel-tec is slow to ship but they have really slowed in sales vs. AR platform guns. Mini's are coming to us every week and moving as fast as we get them. M1A's come in a few at a time and disappear pretty quickly, too.

We'll pass your thoughts about lights on to our buyers.

Will Turners do FFL transfers? I asked about it in November 2009 at the southbay location and was told that they will not do FFL transfers and if they did the charge would be $200.

As we mentioned earlier, over the last 20 years, we've moved up and down on FFL transfer prices for a number of reasons. As it has become increasingly interesting (and expensive) to do business in CA, our transfer fees have gone up.

Today, we've focused our firearm business on the sale of new/used/consigned guns in our retail stores. Conducting transfers for guns sold outside of our stores is not our primary focus but moreover conducting those transfers cost us as much as the guns that are sold in our stores but just without the benefit of us being the primary seller.

By the way, we charge reduced fees for some types of transfers (LEO, military, industry partners and industry media, amongst others) and we charge no fees for transfers of guns sold/raffled/won at NRA/CRPA/DU/CWA/RMEF/SCI, etc. dinners and events.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 3:50 PM
When there is a long line studies have shown that if a customer can "take a number" from one of those things like a deli it will make the wait seem less because there is an end in sight.
anyway thanks for listening.

As much as I never thought I would say it, I would like to have the numbers back again.

Thanks

It looks like we need to visit this subject again. We, too, hated the thought of being treated "like a number", yet this would resolve some of the PPT issues, some of the "looky-loo" issues and the "line hopping" that can occur. And, to be honest, it may help keep some of the newer employees on track so that folks don't get the impression of being ignored.

We'll talk this one over and get back to you all.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 3:55 PM
Do you guys have any plans to upgrade your current website? It would sure be nice to browse all of your products online before burning any gas. Your selection and prices usually make a trip to your San Marcos store worthwhile. I could justify the trip even more if I knew that you had a particular product in stock and how big of a wallet to bring.

I realize how difficult this could be and how much time it could take. There may even be the issue of your various stores stocking different products. I imagine there are plenty of other Calgunners who feel the same.

Yes!

Later this year, our website will be overhauled and we'll add a true online store at the same time. It will let our local customers see what we have, while allowing folks out of the area to buy online.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 3:56 PM
I would like to see a little better customer service at the new south bay turners. I walked in an the girl at the front didn't greet me. The young guy at the gun counter didn't greet me or even say a word to me as I'm standing there waiting for the lady to finish her questions. Even though ge walked pass me 4 times. I wasn't greeted by 3 employees when I was there for the 45 minutes. The older guy that actually worked at the old location was the only one that talked to me or asked if I've been helped. Very very poor customer service on the 3 employees. On the way out the girl at the front counter mumbled to come back. An I simply told her I will rather take the drive to the signal hill turners. Even though I live 10 minutes from the new one on hawthrone. I still visit an buy but not from the new location unroll the service is changed.

Thanks for the heads up; PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-02-2011, 4:04 PM
I just put in my DROS for a WASR AK that was on sale in your ad and the sales rep marked on the receipt that they would be pulling inventory from the Warehouse for my purchase. Knowing that Century Arms inst the best manufacturer of firearms I have a concern that the AK I just purchased may contain a defect(s) that I would have not been able to visually confirm while in store during the purchase.

My questions relating to that are...

1. Does Turners do any Quality inspections prior to selling arms?

and

2. Hypothetically If I find a MAJOR defect before I leave with the store with the firearm would I be able to exchange it? (EG: Bent Barrrel?)

Yes and yes. We want you to be happy with the rifle you take home, so make sure that everything is up to par and to your liking.

CLIFF
08-02-2011, 9:57 PM
I bought my wasr (single stack) a month ago the same day the Torrance location opened and i just have a problem with the spare mag fitting tight and not locking. Is this an issue i have to do with century arms or can you help. Thanks.

rmz45099
08-02-2011, 9:59 PM
Sorry if it has been asked but, when is the GSG 1911 .22lr going to be in your Fountain Valley store?
Will the first shipment that you guys get cover all of the preorders that the store has recieved?

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-03-2011, 4:24 PM
I bought my wasr (single stack) a month ago the same day the Torrance location opened and i just have a problem with the spare mag fitting tight and not locking. Is this an issue i have to do with century arms or can you help. Thanks.

We can handle that; PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-03-2011, 4:25 PM
Sorry if it has been asked but, when is the GSG 1911 .22lr going to be in your Fountain Valley store?
Will the first shipment that you guys get cover all of the preorders that the store has recieved?

We'll get an update and let you know on both counts.
Thanks.

Noxx
08-03-2011, 4:48 PM
I haven't been to Turners in a couple of years after a bad experience at Chino Hills ( I was charged the $35 on a PPT on the front AND back of a deal, didn't have my receipt with my DROS paperwork, and had to pay the fee again on pickup or they wouldn't turn my gun loose. So I paid $70 in fees on a $100 Lorcin, and got called a liar by the manager for my trouble)

However I'm pleasantly surprised to see the feedback / participation at CGN here, and may give you folks another shot at my local (West Covina) store. As other posters have mentioned, premium ammo can really be an issue at various Turners locations. Hydra's and DPX are a bit like hens teeth behind the counter.

Napalm Bulldog
08-06-2011, 2:53 AM
Can we get a better add next week? Seems to be a lot of the same stuff such as P1, shotguns,same ammo on sale, more shotguns, same safe's, more shotguns etc...

I am hopeing next week it will be better. Variety! Lever actions non puma/Rossi, 10/22, Glocks with prices and non RTF,Ruger, H&k, Sig and M&P handguns.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-06-2011, 2:19 PM
Can we get a better add next week? Seems to be a lot of the same stuff such as P1, shotguns,same ammo on sale, more shotguns, same safe's, more shotguns etc...

I am hopeing next week it will be better. Variety! Lever actions non puma/Rossi, 10/22, Glocks with prices and non RTF,Ruger, H&k, Sig and M&P handguns.

Our Fall Flyer begins on Friday! They're beginning to show up in mailboxes today. At 40 pages, it is our biggest Fall Flyer ever:

Marlin Levers? Yep! Plus Rossi and Puma, too. ;)
10/22's? Yep! 4 different models to choose from
Glocks- Yep! 17, 19, 21, 21 SF, 22, 23, 26, 27.
Ruger, Sig, S&W? Yep! Pistols, Revolvers, Carbines and Rifles.

Plus LMT, Daniel Defense, Springfield, Kimber, Benelli, Beretta, etc.
19 pages in all for Guns!

And yes, because hunting season is around the corner, we've got more shotguns and safes, plus ammo, optics, knives, etc. but not P-1's... :)

Napalm Bulldog
08-06-2011, 6:13 PM
Our Fall Flyer begins on Friday! They're beginning to show up in mailboxes today. At 40 pages, it is our biggest Fall Flyer ever:

And yes, because hunting season is around the corner, we've got more shotguns and safes, plus ammo, optics, knives, etc. but not P-1's... :)

Awesome reply and thank you.:rofl2:
Look forward to getting the new flyer. Also I cant seem to get on the list for these no matter what I do as to signing up on the website. Are they available in store?

Yemff
08-08-2011, 7:11 PM
How much would it be to do two handgun PPT's at once? excluding lock purchase and tax etc. Thanks!

LBDamned
08-08-2011, 7:21 PM

got my Fall Flyer/catalog today... haven't looked through it yet, but I look forward to it :)

Something tells me the "I'm done buying stuff for now" idea just isnt gonna stick :o

Chuckster31
08-08-2011, 8:56 PM
Are their any circumstances where a customer would be granted a layaway extension? I am set to undergo emergency surgery August 19th. I am experiencing pain in my neck and jaw area. All four of my wisdom teeth must be extracted. I have two firearms on layaway at the Norwalk store. It just so happens, August 19th and the 21st are my final layaway dates. The money I set aside to pay off my two layways must be used for my emergency surgery.
I don't want to lose my firearms that I am so close to paying off. Any reply is appreciated thanks.

cbaer5
08-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I dont know if this has been brought up or not but i hate your website!
Can you please add your fire arms inventory to the site.
I cant tell you how many times I go straight to riflegear just because I can see what they have and what the price is, even though they are far away from me.
I would even be happy with an overview of what you have regardless of location or stock count.

ke6guj
08-09-2011, 6:20 AM
I dont know if this has been brought up or not but i hate your website!
Can you please add your fire arms inventory to the site.
I cant tell you how many times I go straight to riflegear just because I can see what they have and what the price is, even though they are far away from me.
I would even be happy with an overview of what you have regardless of location or stock count.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/ke6guj/readthreadinfull.gif

Yes!

Later this year, our website will be overhauled and we'll add a true online store at the same time. It will let our local customers see what we have, while allowing folks out of the area to buy online.

JHT
08-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Can a deposit for a firearm be "transferred" to a different firearm if no serial number was available at the time the deposit was made?

Thanks for your time.

fishkenstein
08-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Turners, are you guys going to bring back Mossberg 801 bolt action Half-Pint Plinkster, you have it on sale earily this year ?

Chuckster31
08-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Are their any circumstances where a customer would be granted a layaway extension? I am set to undergo emergency surgery August 19th. I am experiencing pain in my neck and jaw area. All four of my wisdom teeth must be extracted. I have two firearms on layaway at the Norwalk store. It just so happens, August 19th and the 21st are my final layaway dates. The money I set aside to pay off my two layways must be used for my emergency surgery.
I don't want to lose my firearms that I am so close to paying off. Any reply is appreciated thanks.

Please disregard my question. I contacted the Norwalk store and was granted an additional two weeks on my layaways. Thanks again and please let the Norwalk staff know they are doing a great job.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-09-2011, 3:20 PM
Awesome reply and thank you.:rofl2:
Look forward to getting the new flyer. Also I cant seem to get on the list for these no matter what I do as to signing up on the website. Are they available in store?

Yes, the stores have hundreds of flyers. BTW, PM us and we'll get you on that mailing list.

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-09-2011, 3:23 PM
How much would it be to do two handgun PPT's at once? excluding lock purchase and tax etc. Thanks!

PM sent.
Thanks.

notme92069
08-09-2011, 3:30 PM
I didn't get the fall flyer?? I got the last one

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-09-2011, 3:35 PM
Can a deposit for a firearm be "transferred" to a different firearm if no serial number was available at the time the deposit was made?

Thanks for your time.

Yes, that's no problem at all. Contact one of the managers at the store and let them know you'd like to roll everything in to another gun.

Thanks.

JHT
08-09-2011, 5:32 PM
Yes, that's no problem at all. Contact one of the managers at the store and let them know you'd like to roll everything in to another gun.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply and great customer service!

Press Check
08-09-2011, 5:33 PM
Stumbled into Turners today and noticed what I thought was a Beretta PX4 Compact behind the glass and asked if it was in fact a Compact. The response was that the PX4 only came in one size!

Magnum Johnson
08-09-2011, 8:25 PM
Stumbled into Turners today and noticed what I thought was a Beretta PX4 Compact behind the glass and asked if it was in fact a Compact. The response was that the PX4 only came in one size!

Only in CA.

temekuguy
08-09-2011, 9:03 PM
Went into the store in Torrance today. Gentlemen behind the counter were very courteous and even brought me a rifle (AK-47) from the back to look at. I would have bought today, however, it was not on sale! My fault, not yours. I'm signed up to get your e-mail blasts, but any idea when it will be on sale again?

JHT
08-11-2011, 4:17 AM
Hello again,

Just purchased my 1st pistol from your Orange location and already want to get another. I understand there is a 30-day waiting period, but does that include putting deposits on items that are on sale? It would be nice to take advantage of the current catalog promo.

Also, is it true the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact is not available thru Turners? If this is not accurate could you please provide the product number?

Thanks for your time!

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-11-2011, 2:05 PM

Only in CA.

Yep, only the full-size is available in CA; the compact and mid-size are not on the DOJ list. :(

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-11-2011, 2:05 PM
Hello again,

Just purchased my 1st pistol from your Orange location and already want to get another. I understand there is a 30-day waiting period, but does that include putting deposits on items that are on sale? It would be nice to take advantage of the current catalog promo.

Also, is it true the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact is not available thru Turners? If this is not accurate could you please provide the product number?

Thanks for your time!

PM sent.

Thanks.

monk
08-11-2011, 8:59 PM
Does Turners do trade for credit? For example, I have an Umarex Colt M4 that I don't really shoot but I was wanting either another .22 or maybe a shotgun. Would Turner's be willing to take that as a partial payment and I cover the rest?

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Does Turners do trade for credit? For example, I have an Umarex Colt M4 that I don't really shoot but I was wanting either another .22 or maybe a shotgun. Would Turner's be willing to take that as a partial payment and I cover the rest?

We can buy guns outright or we can place them on consignment. As it is with other items, you'll have more money to spend on your next gun when you can utilize consignment versus a direct "trade-in/buy".

But every gun and every situation is different so you'll be the best judge of what works best for you.

Contact the store manager at the Turner's store nearest you and they can walk you through your best options.

Thanks.

clbshooter
08-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I got your sale flyer in the mail and I went to your Kearny Mesa store today to purchase one of the GSG 1911 .22 auto pistols. The man I talked to said that they have not come in yet, which I understand, as we talked he told me that if I buy it sight unseen even though they are coming to the stores that I will loose my deposit if I don't like it. Can you explain this to me? I mean they are back ordered and coming to the stores to be sold and I was the first person this morning to want one you still charge a restocking fee for an item that is coming in anyway? In my opinion this is not good customer service. I went thru this last month with your company on a Mossberg 930 SPX. I know for a fact that these are very popular shotguns and would be sold in a few days if I did not purchase it, because it did not fit me. How can you expect people to buy your items sight unseen? I also don't understand how you can list things for sale and not even have them in the store for your customers to look at? To me you are loosing customers with this policy. If you are a shooter you know that the fit of a gun is what makes people decide on what they want. I also understand that if the item is an off the wall item then yes there should be a restocking fee. If you are charging this fee to keep the lookie loos from waisting you time your people should be able to weed the lookers out from the real people that want to buy. I can tell you that all of the sales staff were very helpful on all my trips to the store. I just moved to Ca. last year ( I sold most of my guns before coming here as I did not want to have problems with what is legal or not ), and I am looking to rebuild my gun collection. I really think you need to rethink this policy if you are concerned about keeping your customers loyal, or perhaps after a customer buys a gun that they are given a Prefered Customer status that allows them to see the gun before they buy, after all does it really cost you 30% to get a gun from your warehouse to the store or is this just another way for you to make money. I am a retired salesman ( 25 years) from a business that customer service was paramount to growing the business and if I had this policy we would have been gone years ago. Please let me know your feelings on these matters. thank you

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I got your sale flyer in the mail and I went to your Kearny Mesa store today to purchase one of the GSG 1911 .22 auto pistols. The man I talked to said that they have not come in yet, which I understand, as we talked he told me that if I buy it sight unseen even though they are coming to the stores that I will loose my deposit if I don't like it. ....

We do not charge a restocking fee for a gun that you have never seen, or in situations where a gun is unavailable for a period that is too long for you or in situations where you just change your mind and want to get into another gun.

PM on its way.

Thanks.

clbshooter
08-12-2011, 1:34 PM
PM sent

cbaer5
08-13-2011, 8:40 PM
So i just got a 10 22 compact from your pasadena store and besides the normal BAD! customer service, why is there a 5 dollar handling fee for new guns? I could understand for ppt's but not for new gun sales. It's just too bad I didn't see the charge until I got home otherwise I would have said something. Also from what I have read there have been posts on this fee here on Calguns and it has been generally considered nonsense.

oldsmoboat
08-14-2011, 8:02 AM
When are you opening a store in Sacramento? :D

stitchnicklas
08-15-2011, 7:39 AM
question answered and dealt with over the phone with bill ortiz...

thanks bill.

i deleted previous post

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-15-2011, 1:08 PM
When are you opening a store in Sacramento? :D

Not this year, but who knows, maybe in the next few years...

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-15-2011, 1:23 PM
So i just got a 10 22 compact from your pasadena store and besides the normal BAD! customer service, why is there a 5 dollar handling fee for new guns? I could understand for ppt's but not for new gun sales. It's just too bad I didn't see the charge until I got home otherwise I would have said something. Also from what I have read there have been posts on this fee here on Calguns and it has been generally considered nonsense.

PM sent.
Thanks.

Fictitious Simily
08-16-2011, 9:18 AM
Your number display board is broken in Reseda and has been for a long long time, calling who is next and comparing numbers to see who has the lowest works, but it would be nice to see how close you are to being up while browsing other items. Like others have stated I think it would add more of a sense of order as well.

In case you cannot find a new board I found one online for your.

http://www.microframecorp.com/product/D3520.html

Your ticket dispenser is kind of hard to see and looks as though it has seen better days, here it is in a package.

http://www.microframecorp.com/product/51201.html

Its not a huge deal to me though, I'm ridiculously patient.

Thanks for the great service this weekend, I picked up a shotgun on Saturday and came back and grabbed the S&W 460 you had on display on Sunday, I had been considering having it special ordered for a few months and couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Cheers -Jon

(and no I don't own the sites I linked or even know if they are reliable or reputable, it was basically the only LED queue number signs I could find)

joe321
08-16-2011, 9:42 PM
Do you carry the magpul MOE stock in FDE in mil-spec at the Torrance location? I'd like to buy it from you with the fall special if I can. Thank you.

pchavez
08-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I've tried going to Turner's in Reseda at different hours of the day and always find myself having to wait around 30 minutes typically. the most recent occurrence was today. Waited 35 minutes just to get some ammo. Although I most likely will be back to Turner's I definitely won't be back for ammo.

nbirnbaum2
08-18-2011, 6:52 AM
Love the customer service in Kearney Mesa, very knowledgable and nice. How About a nice Sig sale. I could use a new 226 and they are incredibly popular and rarely go on sale. Perhaps all the models including the navy and 226 r by chance?

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-18-2011, 7:46 AM
I've tried going to Turner's in Reseda at different hours of the day and always find myself having to wait around 30 minutes typically. the most recent occurrence was today. Waited 35 minutes just to get some ammo. Although I most likely will be back to Turner's I definitely won't be back for ammo.

Thanks for the feedback; PM Sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-18-2011, 9:38 AM
Love the customer service in Kearney Mesa, very knowledgable and nice. How About a nice Sig sale. I could use a new 226 and they are incredibly popular and rarely go on sale. Perhaps all the models including the navy and 226 r by chance?

Perfect timing!

The 226R (9mm or 40S&W) is on sale in our current Turner's Outdoorsman Fall Flyer (http://www.turners.com/engage/displayad-2011_fall_flyer.php) - page 25- as are the 220, a couple of Sig 1911's, the Sig Pro, Mosquito and 516SCM.

Garand1911
08-19-2011, 3:30 AM
do you offer LEO discount ?

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-19-2011, 8:40 AM
do you offer LEO discount ?

Yes we do, for both LEO's and Military personnel; contact your nearest Turner's for details.

Thanks.

socal9
08-19-2011, 10:52 AM
I feel the store layout can be greatly improved so it can offer faster service thus improve customer experience. For example, some comments mention simple ammo purchases taking 30+ minutes. Perhaps it would be easier if the cashiers had access or closer proximity to them.

Take for example Walmart has the ammo display case next to the cashier in their sporting section.

2nd idea.

2 separate number ticketing systems - one for looky loos and one for people that actually want to buy ammo / pick ups / consignments / actually doing business and help Turners make $$$.

How to make this fun?

Number system #1 - Titled (Not sure, but still need help, show some love)

Number system #2 - Pretty sure and ready to roll! But don't hate if I I'm not 100% sure.

This will help with staffing and morale by leveling the playing ground as the staff can shift between the 2 systems and have the ability to earn extra $$.
This will also help set some expectation between customer and staff with room to adjust.

WIN/WIN

Napalm Bulldog
08-19-2011, 2:14 PM
Yes, the stores have hundreds of flyers. BTW, PM us and we'll get you on that mailing list.

Thanks.

PM sent with question on what info you need to set it up. Thank you.

CrazyCobraManTim
08-21-2011, 10:01 AM
AR stripped lowers?.

Turner's loses out on a bunch of EZ sales for these. What if any apprehension is there to going this route by the organization?

Creek Johnson
08-21-2011, 12:02 PM
When will the HK USC go on sale again? I have been waiting with money burning a hole in my pocket.

XDshooter
08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
What's the answer on the $5 handling fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaer5 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=6958457#post6958457)

PM sent.
Thanks. Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-22-2011, 3:46 PM

Turner's loses out on a bunch of EZ sales for these. What if any apprehension is there to going this route by the organization?

We've had no qualms about carrying lowers; mostly it was just a matter of timing. In '08 & '09, the company was in little position to grow business; things looked pretty grim- supplies were tight and the company was in real trouble.

When ownership changed in mid-year '09, it took us a bit to get going on the fun stuff- i.e. bullet button, single-shot, etc.- Once we did, it took everything we had just to stay on top of moving complete rifles let alone doing uppers, stripped lowers, stocks and parts kits. The pace is still intense on complete guns.

And, as of this week, all stores will have Xtreme Machining stripped lowers (did someone say "Calguns Member's only special"? :D) in stock this week with S&W and DPMS (5.56 and .308) to follow.

Parts kits, buffer tubes and furniture kits are in stock or arriving with more on the way.

We've come a long way from 2 years ago and with everyone's feedback, we'll keep it going.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-22-2011, 3:48 PM
When will the HK USC go on sale again? I have been waiting with money burning a hole in my pocket.

We are working on getting some back in stock. If we do, they'll be back on ad when they come in. We have no time frame as of today, but we hope it's in a few weeks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-22-2011, 3:48 PM

PM on the way.

indobos72
08-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Will you be offering the Saiga Rifles?

CrazyCobraManTim
08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
And, as of this week, all stores will have Xtreme Machining stripped lowers (did someone say "Calguns Member's only special"? :D) in stock this week with S&W and DPMS (5.56 and .308) to follow.

Parts kits, buffer tubes and furniture kits are in stock or arriving with more on the way.

We've come a long way from 2 years ago and with everyone's feedback, we'll keep it going.

Thanks - that is great news! I'd only ask that Turners consider offering a range of OLL's, as they can range from $90 to $200+ depending on who produces them. Can't wait to visit the SG Valley store and check out their selection. And I was unaware the store went through such an extensive corporate upheaval! Glad you survived the storm!.

LBDamned
08-23-2011, 3:30 PM

I'd like to know this too... I'm on DROS right now with third gun from Turners... of the other 7 guns I've purchased from three other dealers, it was always just $25 fee...

I always figured Turners padded the price with $5 "handling fee" for additional profit.

XDshooter
08-23-2011, 3:49 PM
I would really like to get a CZ O/U. "Turner's can get them", but if I order one it will always be a special order and if I don't like it, then I was told I would get charged a restocking fee.

I also was also given a price, but then was told that the actual price would be determined once the shotgun was in the warehouse. ??????

No Turner's stocks CZ shotguns.

A friend purchased a CZ shotgun from Turners and it took over 4 months to get. He was told 3 weeks and the gun was in stock at CZ. I was told 2 weeks.

chknlyps2
08-23-2011, 5:03 PM
I'd like to know this too... I'm on DROS right now with third gun from Turners... of the other 7 guns I've purchased from three other dealers, it was always just $25 fee...

I always figured Turners padded the price with $5 "handling fee" for additional profit.

Yes, I would like to know about the handling fee also. I have asked at the store on the last 8 guns I have paid for but never got a reasonable answer, also, you PM people with the answers to their questions but there are other people waiting for the same answer. I wanted to see a written answer to the question from StichNicklas about why you would not accept C&R + COE to be exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait for handguns. I did not want to clutter up the thread with multiple questions about the same subject.

Press Check
08-23-2011, 8:15 PM
Why does Turners Reseda require a thumb print and ID to purchase ammo?

According to sources, that bill was overturned.

ke6guj
08-23-2011, 8:31 PM

According to sources, that bill was overturned.AB962 has nothing to do with an LA gunshop requiring a thumbprint and ID to purchase ammo.

Los Angeles has its own ammo purchase recording laws, and they weren't overturned.

monk
08-23-2011, 8:35 PM

Actually that bill would've affected the state of CA. The city of LA has required this for a while and still do.

emgee00
08-23-2011, 9:10 PM
Yes, I would like to know about the handling fee also. I have asked at the store on the last 8 guns I have paid for but never got a reasonable answer, also, you PM people with the answers to their questions but there are other people waiting for the same answer. I wanted to see a written answer to the question from StichNicklas about why you would not accept C&R + COE to be exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait for handguns. I did not want to clutter up the thread with multiple questions about the same subject.

Me too.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-24-2011, 3:38 PM

Yes, I would like to know about the handling fee also. I have asked at the store on the last 8 guns I have paid for but never got a reasonable answer, ...

Me too.

We've been discussing this over the last few weeks or so.

Turner's has charged the DROS Dealer Handling ever since the fee was established as a part of the DROS fee structure- at least 25 years ago if not longer. The max fee of $10 is applied to PPT's; all other transactions have had $5 applied.

We're kicking around a few ideas including eliminating this charge completely for Calguns contributors ($) and for frequent buyers (by $ spent or by quantity of transactions or both.) of new guns as well as eliminating them nearly outright for Calgunners on PPT's as well on some basis.

We'll get this put to bed and let everyone know what we're doing shortly.

LBDamned
08-24-2011, 3:48 PM
^^^ thanks for the response - its good to know you care about our concerns and are kicking around possible solutions...

Doubtful that you'll have it sorted out before my dros is up (this weekend) - but maybe by next purchase :)

Maybe a $5 voucher towards same day purchase or something?...

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-24-2011, 3:59 PM
... also, you PM people with the answers to their questions but there are other people waiting for the same answer. I wanted to see a written answer to the question from StichNicklas about why you would not accept C&R + COE to be exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait for handguns. I did not want to clutter up the thread with multiple questions about the same subject.

We'll cover both of your questions.

Anytime a member has a customer service issue, we'll reach out and contact them directly, first via PM, with the aim of being able to contact them by phone, one-on-one. Calguns is such an awesome place, but in the end we really want to treat folks to some direct attention. Based on feedback from the folks we've tried to help, we think they like the personal contact.

But we also agree that in the case of Mark's C&R issue or on the question on the DROS dealer fee that we may have more than one member- in some cases a lot more :) - who are interested in the same answer. Keep in mind, that we're a little new to this and we'll make sure that we do both things on this board- solve individual issues and keep Turner's customers at large better informed.

Now to the heart of the C&R issue. We are working with some very good folks (you all know these hard working guys) to get some things cleared up with regards to the exemptions and latitude that is extended to C&R licensees. We hear one thing from one regulatory entity and something a bit different from another. Under the advisement of the folks who are doing some work on this, we won't be commenting further until we hear back from them. But do know that we want to have C&R folks maximize the amount of utility that their license affords them. It's best for them and absolutely it's best for all dealers.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-24-2011, 4:11 PM

AB962 has nothing to do with an LA gunshop requiring a thumbprint and ID to purchase ammo.

Los Angeles has its own ammo purchase recording laws, and they weren't overturned.

Yep, we have few extra requirements with regards to ammo sales in L.A. City.

Chapter V, Article 5, Sec. 55.11 requires the collection of buyer information for ammo sales.

Sec. 55.09 prohibits the sale of ammo for the 7 days prior to the 4th of July and New Year's Day.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-24-2011, 4:18 PM
I would really like to get a CZ O/U. "Turner's can get them", but if I order one it will always be a special order and if I don't like it, then I was told I would get charged a restocking fee.

I also was also given a price, but then was told that the actual price would be determined once the shotgun was in the warehouse. ??????

No Turner's stocks CZ shotguns.

A friend purchased a CZ shotgun from Turners and it took over 4 months to get. He was told 3 weeks and the gun was in stock at CZ. I was told 2 weeks.

1) Usually a special order cancellation does incur a cancellation charge. However, we would likely be able to work something out on a CZ. (PM on the way.)

2) The final retail price will be set once we take a deposit- there will not be an increase after you pay for it. (We can discuss that when we talk, too.)

3) We took some recent orders on CZ shotguns, we were told they were on the way, and then we were told that someone (CZ? CZ-USA?) had some issue with missing import stampings and the shipment was turned away at customs. We were able to salvage a few sales by turning to some other sources but it became a nightmare.

We'll PM you and see if we can make this easier than it seems.

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-24-2011, 4:24 PM
Will you be offering the Saiga Rifles?

We are carrying the Saiga's that are imported by Arsenal- rifles and shotguns. Contact your nearest Turner's for details on price and availability; we just got some more inventory in, too!

nbirnbaum2
08-25-2011, 7:06 AM
I was never even told about the 5 dollar fee until I saw it on my receipt when I got home. last week. Not cool Turners. Im thinking you post a turners 5 dollar fee exempt "coupon" on the forum for calguns members.

indobos72
08-25-2011, 12:53 PM

Turner's has charged the DROS Dealer Handling ever since the fee was established as a part of the DROS fee structure- at least 25 years ago if not longer. The max fee of $10 is applied to PPT's; all other transactions have had $5 applied.

We're kicking around a few ideas including eliminating this charge completely for Calguns contributors ($) and for frequent buyers (by $ spent or by quantity of transactions or both.) of new guns as well as eliminating them nearly outright for Calgunners on PPT's as well on some basis.

Kick a little quicker. ;) I have purchased 2 handguns, 2 rifles and a shotgun through you guys. Hmm.... Looks like I need a $25 voucher. :D

Please do let us now. Thanks for your support to CalGunners!!

ke6guj
08-25-2011, 3:13 PM
For me, it's not so much the extra $5 cost of the purchase, but the seemingly hidden nature of said fee. (Yes, I know it's not hidden since it's on the receipt and I know that it might be explained to customers in some instances and it was up to me to inquire about if I really cared.)
It is listed on their pricing sheets which I normally see posted in multiple locations around the gun counter.

LBDamned
08-25-2011, 3:50 PM
It is listed on their pricing sheets which I normally see posted in multiple locations around the gun counter.

If this is true, its FAR from obvious... I go to three different Turners at least 1-3 times per month... never noticed the fee posted.

LBDamned
08-25-2011, 3:57 PM
They will also try to automatically add a charge for lock (at least they did my last two purchases)

... I always tell them to leave that charge off, ill bring my own lock... yes I know it needs to be 30 days new - that's why I go to Walmart buy the lock, get my gun and return the lock... I suppose I could do that to turners too - somehow that seems like it wouldn't work as easily as it does with Walmart (and there's always something I need from Walmart anyway)

UPSMike
08-26-2011, 10:35 PM
I am in the Chino Hills store quite a lot and never in a shirt and tie. I have NEVER been singled out for negative service in that store. If your perception is that you are being treated negatively...well that is your perception. I have never seen anyone in the Chino Hills store receive anything less than 100% courteous service and as I said, I am in that store every week.

I've been to several Turner's stores and I see each location reflects the neighborhood its located in. Another way of putting this is there isn't just one Turner's, there are several and each has its own personality.

The store I visit most often is West Covina; my construction worker clothes fit in there. The Chino Hills store is the closest to where I live, its also not far off the route from my job to my house. Trouble is, if you have a store in Chino Hills and you have to pick between two customers, you will pick the man with a shirt and tie over the man in construction wear. That's why I don't shop at Chino Hills, I don't look like a man with a grand in discretionary income a month. That's why I'll backtrack from the bus stop to visit the West Covina store.

I understand, Turner's is a business and the sales staff have to make the choices that maximize profit. Not all customers are a fit for each store. When I realized that, I felt better. I like the Rancho Cucamonga store, it is nice and large with excellent wares and friendly sales people. Its just a bit of a drive is all.

One thing I would like to see standardized is the pick up procedure after the ten days are up. Most redshirts will read off the firearm's serial number on the DROS papers while both of us check the serial on the gun. I like that. Some redshirts ( maybe one in six ) will check the serials out of my sight and have me take the paperwork to the cashier to release the gun. ( No, the redshirts aren't expendable crew men on Star Trek. Turner's salesmen wear red shirts, managers wear black. )

Uhhh, with me, it doesn't work that way. I check the serials before signing that I've received the firearm. Call me stubborn, I'm glad I have that habit, one time the gun in the box with my name on it didn't have the same serial number as the DROS. The fishing department guy who was helping me didn't understand why its such a big deal. I'm glad the manager did, he got everything squared away.

Another non standard practice is attitudes toward my bringing in an empty case when I'm picking up a gun that comes in a cardboard box. I drive a station wagon and live in a school zone. I need a locked container to legally get the gun to my house. Some redshirts are OK with my bringing my own case; others want me to buy one then and there. Same ratio as checking serial numbers with me present. The one guy who made a big fuss was the one and only tan shirt: I don't know what tan means in the company. ( I think he was a corporate officer, I can't imagine anyone below that level taking the initiative to insult me ) Tan Man "R", you out there? What were you thinking?

Overall, considered as a chain, I like Turner's. Over the years I've bought about fifteen guns from there, more than any other store.

Pluses:

Selection ( especially the black rifles )
Price
Locations ( as in easy to get to, parking capacity, etc )
Don't freak out when the address on my driver's license doesn't match the utility bill and car registration

Minuses:

Uneven procedures
Exclusiveness in customer selection in well to do areas
Reluctance to special order small items like magazines

irierider
08-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Main question How do your words taste? Because you are now eating your words
I bought a few pistols from you and was venturing into ca legal oll receivers. Everytime I'd look at the crap closed bottom ones, Id ask about del-ton and such, before I'd finish every person would cut me off like a cop not knowing his laws, "those are illegal, grey line BS and we don't sell those here and never will." wow look at all those oll, complete none the less with pictures of high cap mags (tho you sell the 10 rd blocked ones.. I hope!!) wow I hope you can admit when you are wrong! Because you guys were for lack of a better word Di*ks and in this algebraic formula * is = to c
Sorry to be blunt, but 4 years ago, and befor obama none the less you would flame me and my basic questions, I was polite respectful and inquiring about a LEGAL product you now seem to carry very heavily. That is all, I will never buy one of your EVIL ILLEGAL BLACK GUNS on the BANNED FIREARM LIST as you would put it!
Good luck now that you came around way after all other respectable shops did.

Magnum Johnson
08-27-2011, 11:51 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/Peaceforwho/Good-Good-Let-the-hate-FLOW-through-you.jpg
Main question How do your words taste? Because you are now eating your words
I bought a few pistols from you and was venturing into ca legal oll receivers. Everytime I'd look at the crap closed bottom ones, Id ask about del-ton and such, before I'd finish every person would cut me off like a cop not knowing his laws, "those are illegal, grey line BS and we don't sell those here and never will." wow look at all those oll, complete none the less with pictures of high cap mags (tho you sell the 10 rd blocked ones.. I hope!!) wow I hope you can admit when you are wrong! Because you guys were for lack of a better word Di*ks and in this algebraic formula * is = to c
Sorry to be blunt, but 4 years ago, and befor obama none the less you would flame me and my basic questions, I was polite respectful and inquiring about a LEGAL product you now seem to carry very heavily. That is all, I will never buy one of your EVIL ILLEGAL BLACK GUNS on the BANNED FIREARM LIST as you would put it!
Good luck now that you came around way after all other respectable shops did.

I cant wait to see what comment spawns.

Cokebottle
08-28-2011, 12:45 PM
That, combined with a couple of other comments, I'm thinking the only comment will be :ban:

DrachenSS
08-28-2011, 5:43 PM
I know you had said that you offer a leo/military discount, but does that also include veterans? I'm looking to buy a few new guns and if you did, that would be amazing!!!

Woo
08-28-2011, 6:32 PM
All angry ranting aside, I have bought probably 10 guns from Turners......in the past 4 years I've been living in Socal.

Although the wait can be a bit long sometimes, especially on weekends, the employees at Turners have generally been great. I haven't once been criticized for any question.

Technically, if a person goes around asking a total stranger, albeit a gun store employee, for legal advice, they are the ignorant one, are they not? I mean, I don't ask my local Autozone employee for advice on how to fight a speeding ticket....

It's refreshing to see a larger store chain here in Southern California supporting a California-based firearms forum.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-29-2011, 11:27 AM

That, combined with a couple of other comments, I'm thinking the only comment will be :ban:

Well, style points aside in that post, (or lacking thereof...), we'll be the first to say that we're generally going to be very conservative in some areas. Keeping 250-300 people gainfully employed and not putting customers in harm's way is a much bigger set of dice to roll than perhaps some people can imagine.

We're not sure if the OP remembers the SKS w/detachable magazine debacle -the ones that the DOJ approved with multiple specific written letters and then recanted- but having our customers getting arrested or having their guns confiscated will cause one to take a more measured approach.

Having an employee arrested -because a local entity felt that it wasn't the size of an actual gun being sold that made a sale illegal or not, it was the "typical" size listed in a catalog-even when the actual gun in the sale was long enough- will do that to you, too.

20/20 hindsight aside, it took a lot of hard work (and some real hard knocks) from the folks who contribute the most to Calguns to determine what limits could be pushed. If it was so obvious and easy upfront, everyone would have been on that page in 2001 not just in 2007 as noted by the OP. And even then, we'd likely be a step or two slower to get rolling.

... Technically, if a person goes around asking a total stranger, albeit a gun store employee, for legal advice, they are the ignorant one, are they not? I mean, I don't ask my local Autozone employee for advice on how to fight a speeding ticket....

It's refreshing to see a larger store chain here in Southern California supporting a California-based firearms forum.

As other posters have stated, most dealers make better salespeople than lawyers- not that that's ever stopped anyone from trying- ourselves included :o. But maybe that's the same human nature that prompts lawyers, doctors, etc. to want to play firearms dealer :) .

As we stated when we came on board, we'll listen to any feedback, polished or not. (There are limits on unpolished but the best folks here on CGN will take care of that... ) We'll change the things that we think we can or should and we'll be upfront about the things we can't or won't.

JoeinLA
08-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Aside from a few procedural oddities (e.g., not getting the original factory lock or other case candy/parts b/c it's not CA approved, having to give my thumbprint when buying ammo, etc.), I've been pretty happy with Turners: great service, selection, and price. I'm on 3 guns and considering numbers 4, 5, and 6 (I'll be heading over to Turners this afternoon for #4, I hope). The only real complaint continues to be the relatively long lines.

Speaking of long lines, went to Turners on Sunday to buy some ammo on the way to the range. Totally packed. Walked right out and paid the higher prices at the range b/c I didn't want to lose 45 mins or more buying ammo.

Maybe some sort of "no questions" line or, even better, call-in or online order with store pickup option, would be VERY helpful in these types of run-in and grab something type of situations (which, currently, isn't really an option b/c of the long wait times).

edit: the thumbprint thing got answered above. Stupid LA.

indobos72
08-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, style points aside in that post, (or lacking thereof...), we'll be the first to say that we're generally going to be very conservative in some areas. Keeping 250-300 people gainfully employed and not putting customers in harm's way is a much bigger set of dice to roll than perhaps some people can imagine.

Kudo's for the polished response. I was one of thos affected by the "We will not sell the Evil Black Rifle" response back in the day. You know what I did? Went with someone who sold it. You lost out on a little business? You know what I did when I needed something else? Came right back in and made a purchase. I do not own a business and therefore cannot determine if selling someone something in a grey area which could potentially cause me and my employees to seek new employment or possibly cause a customer to get arrested would be something I could validate. Because someone determined it was lawful to do so. I know other dealers who sold said items at such time with a considerable markup because they felt it necessary to increase prices due to other locations unwilling to gamble their business on it. We all make mistakes and cannot afford to venture into untested waters. I receive enough good service from Turners employees to continue to do business there. I am not trying to start a pissing match but I am very appreciative of the relationship that Turners is working out with us Calgunners. If you do not like what someone did at a certain time, that's your prerogative. But name calling is a testament to your maturity. Turners, thank you for your support of the rest of us who are willing to shop with you and for employing friendly staff in these tough economic times.

Cokebottle
08-29-2011, 6:44 PM
Speaking of long lines, went to Turners on Sunday to buy some ammo on the way to the range. Totally packed. Walked right out and paid the higher prices at the range b/c I didn't want to lose 45 mins or more buying ammo.

Maybe some sort of "no questions" line or, even better, call-in or online order with store pickup option, would be VERY helpful in these types of run-in and grab something type of situations (which, currently, isn't really an option b/c of the long wait times).

edit: the thumbprint thing got answered above. Stupid LA.
Your edit answered the other issue too.

I can walk into the Chino Hills, Pasadena, Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, or any of the other stores except for those in the city of LA and pick up any ammo I'd like off the shelf and carry it to the register.
Don't have to say a word to anybody other than to answer the question "Debit or credit?"

irierider
08-29-2011, 6:56 PM
I never asked for legal advice, I talked to the lovely people at del-ton about their guns and mainly their lowers. They said to go to any ffl and they would middle man them or order them that striped lowers (OLL) are not illegal in ANY state and definitely not in CA.
I didn't ask opinion or for "advice" but to order me a gun (yes I bought 3 that year from them) xd45 10/22 and a sig. They would cut me off and badger me about illegal weapons, that they are now selling. When I tried to tell them they were not illegal they told me I was asking for trouble and "stupid" now they stock ALOT of the brands I had to drive miles to get. I just would have felt better if they said, they didn't want the trouble and attention or something, but to badger me call me ignorant and stupid to laws, I stopped shopping there. Like I said I spent over 1000$ in guns and was expected them to at least word it a little better. Trust me this was 4-5 years ago, but I still had to say something. The post title was "Questions you would like to ask Turners"
Sorry to offend, I mean ban me for being honest most of my advice for Ca legal ARs advice came from this site and their store bad mouthed it. Now they are all pro ak/ar and calguns... I was OG calguns they are the fresh faces that need to earn their stripes! This will probably be my last post anyways.

Cokebottle
08-29-2011, 6:59 PM
And in 2007, 2008, and even 2011, the same thing would happen at many gun shops.

It's not unique to Turner's.

The FFL has the option to refuse to participate in a sale that they do not KNOW is 100% legal.

And why would you go to "$125 FFL Transfer Fee + DROS" Turner's anyways?

ke6guj
08-29-2011, 7:02 PM
I never asked for legal advice, I talked to the lovely people at del-ton about their guns and mainly their lowers. They said to go to any ffl and they would middle man them or order them that striped lowers (OLL) are not illegal in ANY state and definitely not in CA.
I didn't ask opinion or for "advice" but to order me a gun (yes I bout 3 that year from them) xd45 10/22 and a sig. They would cut me off and badger me about illegal weapons, that they are now selling. When I tried to tell them they were not illegal they told me I was asking for trouble and "stupid" not they stock ALOT of the brands I had to drive miles to get. I just would have felt better if they said, they didn't want the trouble and attention or something, but to badger me call me ignorant and stupid to laws, I stopped shopping there. Like I said I spent over 1000$ in guns and was expected them to at least word it a little better. Trust me this was 4-5 years ago, but I still had to say something. The post title was "Questions you would like to ask Turners"
Sorry to offend, I mean ban me for being honest most of my advice for Ca legal ARs advice came from this site and their store bad mouthed it. Now they are all pro ak/ar and calguns... I was OG calguns they are the fresh faces that need to earn their stripes! This will probably be my last post anyways.4-5 years ago they were under different ownership, and that ownership was not OLL-friendly. In the 2 years since the new owners took over, Turners has changed its position on the OLL movement, starting off small and continually more and more OLL-stuff. Heck, they are selling AR-pistols now, and there are even some old time OLL dealers that still won't touch those.

irierider
08-30-2011, 4:41 PM
4-5 years ago they were under different ownership, and that ownership was not OLL-friendly. In the 2 years since the new owners took over, Turners has changed its position on the OLL movement, starting off small and continually more and more OLL-stuff. Heck, they are selling AR-pistols now, and there are even some old time OLL dealers that still won't touch those.

That would have been the best answer I could hope for, but why hasn't anyone from their shop said anything of the sort. I wasn't looking for a handy. New turners you got it right, old turners shame, shame on you. CalGuns always love for you, anyone who said bad about my post read the opening page
"Welcome to CALGUNS
The California Firearms Owner's Home On The Internet
Working Together To Preserve Our Freedoms "
I wasn't trying to get a silencer or a crack rock...
Excuse my rash comments new turners keep helping Ca evolve to where the other 45 gun states are now

Clownpuncher
08-30-2011, 9:03 PM
First off, I like Turners and have had nothing but good experiences in their stores. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the Kerney Mesa store is so small and cramped compared to some of their other stores, like Corona.
The big question I have is why do you stock so little reloading equipment? It really isn't just you, but there is virtually nowhere in San Diego that has a considerable supply of equipment. I went to 6 different stores (Turners included) looking for a new tumbler and found nothing. I ended up finding one at Faith in Temecula.
Is there no money/interest in it? Are the SD county regulations prohibitive to reloading supplies? I'm just surprised because aside from a few shell plates and a select few bullets there is very little in your store and it would be nice to be able to pick up things like de-capper pins, dies, etc when I am in there. I don't mind mail order but I would much rather support a local business who supports the community than mail order, even if it costs me $10 more.

Turner's Outdoorsman
08-31-2011, 3:24 PM
First off, I like Turners and have had nothing but good experiences in their stores. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the Kerney Mesa store is so small and cramped compared to some of their other stores, like Corona.

You asked for it; you shall receive!

Seriously, who's reading who's mind? :D

As a matter of fact, we are expanding the Kearny Mesa store by taking over the space next door and revamping the interior fixtures and gun rack.

Construction starts in the next few days; it will take a few weeks to get it done and then we'll have a completely crazy Grand Re-Opening Sale!:clap::clap:

The big question I have is why do you stock so little reloading equipment? It really isn't just you, but there is virtually nowhere in San Diego that has a considerable supply of equipment. I went to 6 different stores (Turners included) looking for a new tumbler and found nothing. I ended up finding one at Faith in Temecula.
Is there no money/interest in it? Are the SD county regulations prohibitive to reloading supplies? I'm just surprised because aside from a few shell plates and a select few bullets there is very little in your store and it would be nice to be able to pick up things like de-capper pins, dies, etc when I am in there. I don't mind mail order but I would much rather support a local business who supports the community than mail order, even if it costs me $10 more.

As for reloading, we are in the process of revamping that whole category but it's sitting a little lower in the priority list behind our other projects. We just added Berger bullets and we've got other new items on the way. Once our online store is up, we'll really max out our reloading selection.

Clownpuncher
08-31-2011, 8:06 PM
^^^^ That's awesome... I can't wait to see it (both things) :)

blazeaglory
09-02-2011, 3:19 PM
I just bought a Maverick 88 that was on sale for $209 from the Fountain Valley store and noticed when I got home that a $5 handling fee was charged.

Im not one to complain but whats the deal with this fee? Turners is a gun store right? So why charge a handling fee for something that the store already does which is sell guns? There was no special order or anything. That is like Mc Donalds charging $5 for walking to the back to get a burger and charging a "burger handling fee". What is the deal? I really like Turners but this is the first time I have ever been charged this fee from a gun shop. Thanks

ke6guj
09-02-2011, 4:15 PM
from another thread:

I'd rather they just dispense with the $5 fee and just consider it the cost of selling a gun. they are already making a profit with the gun sale. bump up the cost of the guns $5 if it is that big a deal.

I guess that if you are buying multiple long guns at one time then one $5 dealer fee is better than $5x the number of guns purchased.

Target19
09-02-2011, 7:11 PM
I don't agree with the $5 Turners fee unless they have to special order a gun.

Boris
09-02-2011, 8:34 PM
The solution appears to be obvious: Drop the $5.00 handling fee and increase the price on all guns by $5.00. That should dry up the river of tears and the board clog of redundant complaints.

stitchnicklas
09-02-2011, 8:51 PM
from another thread:

I guess that if you are buying multiple long guns at one time then one $5 dealer fee is better than $5x the number of guns purchased.

then you have the problem of being reported for multi-long purchase's...:rolleyes:

LBDamned
09-03-2011, 6:30 AM
The solution appears to be obvious: Drop the $5.00 handling fee and increase the price on all guns by $5.00. That should dry up the river of tears and the board clog of redundant complaints.

with all due respect, this thread exists in a section of the forum that not only is designed specifically for this type of subject, but also happens to be near the very bottom of the home page... for you to be here you had to have actually found it from effort (not something you just stumbled across in the rifle section for example)... the "redundant complaints" are at least relevant and therefore are much less "board clog" than the post I am responding to.

As for adding $5 to the purchase price, that makes as much sense as CA calling "tax" a "fee"... renaming it doesn't explain it, or justify it - and driving the price up for profit is Turners prerogative, but if you are trying to attract customers that's a bass-ackwards way of doing it.

blazeaglory
09-03-2011, 9:58 AM
with all due respect, this thread exists in a section of the forum that not only is designed specifically for this type of subject, but also happens to be near the very bottom of the home page... for you to be here you had to have actually found it from effort (not something you just stumbled across in the rifle section for example)... the "redundant complaints" are at least relevant and therefore are much less "board clog" than the post I am responding to.

As for adding $5 to the purchase price, that makes as much sense as CA calling "tax" a "fee"... renaming it doesn't explain it, or justify it - and driving the price up for profit is Turners prerogative, but if you are trying to attract customers that's a bass-ackwards way of doing it.

Seriously! Good response!

blazeaglory
09-03-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't agree with the $5 Turners fee unless they have to special order a gun.

Exactly! When I buy jeans from sears do they charge me a "handling fee"? NO

I dont understand what the handling fee is for when Turners is in the business of selling guns. I never complain about anything but this fee does not add up.

Its not the $$$ that bothers me its the principal. It didnt say anything about a fee on the add. If it did I wouldnt be here complaining. And if I missed it somewhere I would have paid it but I still feel as if this fee is wrong.

Im seriously trying to like Turners but every time I spend money there I feel bad afterwards. Most of the sale items you have to get on the first day or they are SOLD OUT and the sales people have no idea or clue about what is on sale or not. I went in to buy a cleaning kit for my rifle that is on sale for $14.99 and the sales guy ahd no clue about it and finally just said"were sold out" he didnt know when they would get any more. I had to do my own work to even find the item.

I love Turners but the more I go there the more Im losing faith.

Magnum Johnson
09-03-2011, 6:55 PM
Exactly! When I buy jeans from sears do they charge me a "handling fee"? NO

I dont understand what the handling fee is for when Turners is in the business of selling guns. I never complain about anything but this fee does not add up.

Its not the $$$ that bothers me its the principal. It didnt say anything about a fee on the add. If it did I wouldnt be here complaining. And if I missed it somewhere I would have paid it but I still feel as if this fee is wrong.

Im seriously trying to like Turners but every time I spend money there I feel bad afterwards. Most of the sale items you have to get on the first day or they are SOLD OUT and the sales people have no idea or clue about what is on sale or not. I went in to buy a cleaning kit for my rifle that is on sale for $14.99 and the sales guy ahd no clue about it and finally just said"were sold out" he didnt know when they would get any more. I had to do my own work to even find the item.

I love Turners but the more I go there the more Im losing faith.

When you buy jeans at sears they don't have to submit a background check on you to the DOJ to see if you can purchase said jeans nor do they have to complete and store federal documents for the ATF.

I have no issues paying the $5 fee so that they can do the +/-15 mins of paperwork involved in a gun sale. Then again im the guy who will gladly pay the .45c fee at the gas station to use my card outside to avoid dealing with the people inside.

Boris
09-03-2011, 7:19 PM

Wow, have I been schooled or what?! I didn't realize how serious I was, in fact, I could have sworn I was being sarcastic. Mea culpa! It's a good thing there were no zombie movies on so you could educate me! All due respect...

LBDamned
09-03-2011, 7:48 PM
Wow, have I been schooled or what?! I didn't realize how serious I was, in fact, I could have sworn I was being sarcastic. Mea culpa! It's a good thing there were no zombie movies on so you could educate me! All due respect...

if you don't mean what you type, what's the point?

and although "you could have sworn you were being sarcastic" - I dont know how you expected anyone else to have determined that.

blazeaglory
09-06-2011, 12:11 PM
When you buy jeans at sears they don't have to submit a background check on you to the DOJ to see if you can purchase said jeans nor do they have to complete and store federal documents for the ATF.

I have no issues paying the $5 fee so that they can do the +/-15 mins of paperwork involved in a gun sale. Then again im the guy who will gladly pay the .45c fee at the gas station to use my card outside to avoid dealing with the people inside.

Yeah I paid $25 dollars for that and it takes 5 minutes and I filled out all of the paperwork. Its all part of the process.

I dont mind paying certain fees but I would like a little more clarity on what it is for. I never paid a $5 handling fee when buying a gun at any other gun shop so why Turners?

Clownpuncher
09-07-2011, 10:35 AM
OK... enough of that handling fee BS.... It is what it is.

The more important question is when are you going to open a store in Temecula/Murietta area? Corona and Kerney Mesa are too far to drag the wife to.

Ricky-Ray
09-07-2011, 11:45 AM

The more important question is when are you going to open a store in Temecula/Murietta area? Corona and Kerney Mesa are too far to drag the wife to.

Simple... Leave the wife at home... :43:

Sorry couldn't resist.

lockpicker70
09-07-2011, 6:02 PM
Who currently owns " turners outdoorsman " ??

I had heard that Shirley Andrews was trying / going to / buy it back ?

LBDamned
09-07-2011, 7:24 PM

from a quick Google search: http://www.examiner.com/fishing-in-san-diego/press-release-turner-s-outdoorsman-bought-by-investment-team

as of two years ago anyway...

BOBALOO
09-07-2011, 8:56 PM
When I bought my first handgun at Turners I was shocked how much paperwork was involved. For crisake I've closed escrow with less signatures! No wonder they charge $5. Thank the gov for endless red tape.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-08-2011, 7:11 AM

Temecula is on the definitely on the short list of new locations as we look at new store openings in early 2012. :) PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-08-2011, 7:19 AM

from a quick Google search: http://www.examiner.com/fishing-in-san-diego/press-release-turner-s-outdoorsman-bought-by-investment-team

as of two years ago anyway...

Here's some more info from our first post here on CGN-

Turner's Joins Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=450517)

About Turner's Outdoorsman (http://www.turners.com/turners/aboutus2.php)

dtjester
09-08-2011, 3:38 PM
I just wanted to stop in and say that I love this thread and I love Turners. Corona is my store and the staff there is great. My only complaint is that I stopped in yesterday to pick up a P95 mag and you guys didn't have any, but the guy I talked to did everything he could to help me track one down. Unfortunately I need it for Sunday which is short notice for most options.

Cokebottle
09-08-2011, 9:12 PM
Temecula is on the definitely on the short list of new locations as we look at new store openings in early 2012. :) PM sent.
Meh... San Marcos isn't that far.

How about some lovin' for our brothers up north!

nbirnbaum2
09-10-2011, 1:45 PM
Just a note to turners : if your going to put mosin nagants on sale please stock up on ammo. Everyone in San Diego is sold out apparently big demand....I sure hope you have ammo when I pick up my new piece of history next Sunday. :) On a side note the ranges around here only allow non magnetic ammo wink wink

retired
09-10-2011, 3:27 PM

Finally!!! I used to go to the Riverside store when I lived there and I have bought a rifle from the Corona store that "replaced" it, but it is a bit of a drive from where I live. I can't wait until the Temecula store opens.

blazeaglory
09-10-2011, 8:45 PM

Yeah OK why dont we just say "it is what it is" about ever problem then?

Great way to solve a problem buddy.

Ak714
09-10-2011, 9:20 PM
Hey why no ppt on an Ak pistol?

Napalm Bulldog
09-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Went into the Turners Fountain Valley about ten days ago or so. Was trying to pick up a few of those Durango gun cases that are on sale. Got the same response mentioned above from the guy behing the cash register.I found where they were suppose to be but all were sold. I walked up to the cash register and asked was there any more. He responded huh? What? So I asked again. His response well if there is none over there we must be out.( Really?) So I asked, You dont by chance have extras in the back? His response no! I then asked when they were going to get more. His response- I dont know when we are going to any more back in. Then proceeds to tell me they have been sold out for weeks.

Dissapointing! If they have not had any in weeks , What takes so long getting more in the store? Is it a loss leader type deal or is someone not keeping inventory stocked. I honestly think you can restock gun cases within two weeks. The add is no good to me if whats on sale is not there to buy.

I understand the deals are good and you have no control over how fast things get sold, but please restock. I just keep getting the impression you guys only want to sell limited amounts of certain things you advertise. This isnt the first time I have came across this on something advertised.

huntercf
09-11-2011, 1:09 PM

:popcorn:

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Just a note to turners : if your going to put mosin nagants on sale please stock up on ammo. Everyone in San Diego is sold out apparently big demand....I sure hope you have ammo when I pick up my new piece of history next Sunday. :) On a side note the ranges around here only allow non magnetic ammo wink wink

Ammo is thin right now after two nice bunches of clean rifles.

Wouldn't you know it- when we have ammo, no one has rifles; when we get a good shipment of rifles, all we can find is corrosive or bi-metal ammo.

We're working on it, though and hope to have something in shortly.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-12-2011, 11:57 AM

As long as the magazine is fixed- as with other AK type rifles- and the capacity is 10 or less, we have no issues on a PPT.

In fact, we're going to have a second batch of single-shot Hellpup pistols in shortly.

PM, sent.

huntercf
09-12-2011, 1:15 PM
As long as the magazine is fixed- as with other AK type rifles- and the capacity is 10 or less, we have no issues on a PPT.

In fact, we're going to have a second batch of single-shot Hellpup pistols in shortly.

PM, sent.

Why then was my ppt refused at the chino hills store mgr said corporate wouldn't let him do it for an ak pistol

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-12-2011, 2:08 PM
Why then was my ppt refused at the chino hills store mgr said corporate wouldn't let him do it for an ak pistol

No good reason at all...

PM sent.

chknlyps2
09-12-2011, 7:54 PM
Now to the heart of the C&R issue. We are working with some very good folks (you all know these hard working guys) to get some things cleared up with regards to the exemptions and latitude that is extended to C&R licensees. We hear one thing from one regulatory entity and something a bit different from another. Under the advisement of the folks who are doing some work on this, we won't be commenting further until we hear back from them. But do know that we want to have C&R folks maximize the amount of utility that their license affords them. It's best for them and absolutely it's best for all dealers.

I am wondering if there is any news on you guys doing the C&R + COE exemption for the one hand gun in 30 day rule like other dealers are doing? Here is the Calguns thread about it http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=449449 with an explnation (post 103) on how to pick the right exemption on the drop down menu of the DROS screen so it does not get rejected. Post 103 was written by tenpercentfirearms who is a Calguns Foundation Board Member. Other 01 FFL's are giving the thumbs up for this being correct as well as the Chairman of the Calguns Foundation who I believe is a attorney (hoffmang)

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-13-2011, 5:46 AM
I am wondering if there is any news on you guys doing the C&R + COE exemption for the one hand gun in 30 day rule like other dealers are doing? Here is the Calguns thread about it http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=449449 with an explnation (post 103) on how to pick the right exemption on the drop down menu of the DROS screen so it does not get rejected. Post 103 was written by tenpercentfirearms who is a Calguns Foundation Board Member. Other 01 FFL's are giving the thumbs up for this being correct as well as the Chairman of the Calguns Foundation who I believe is a attorney (hoffmang)

We do not have yet received an answer to the question(s) that we tendered through the folks that are helping us out. When we do, we post in this forum.
PM sent, too.

Cokebottle
09-13-2011, 5:13 PM
We do not have yet received an answer to the question(s) that we tendered through the folks that are helping us out. When we do, we post in this forum.
PM sent, too.
The answer to the question is in the California Penal Code...
12072(a)(9)(A) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one handgun within any 30-day period.
(B) Subparagraph (A) shall not apply to any of the following:
(ix) Any person who is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12071.

And I found the source of the FUD that has dealers claiming that this applies only to C&R purchases:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/9907.pdf
Any person who is a licensed collector pursuant to Chapter 44 of Title 18 of the United States Code and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice pursuant to PC 12071 (curio and relic firearms only).
Gotta love Bill's underground regulations.

Clownpuncher
09-13-2011, 8:13 PM
Yeah OK why dont we just say "it is what it is" about ever problem then?

Great way to solve a problem buddy.

Really? You're really comparing this to "every problem"?

This store is nice enough to provide representation on this forum, provide timely feedback to its customers, and generally from what I have seen, takes care of them better than most businesses of their size.

The $5 charge has been discussed ad naseum both in this thread as well as several others where links were provided. I'm relatively new to the forum and even I can find it.

Continuously wanking about the fee does nothing but show your limited mental capacity to comprehend what has already been said and explained several times, therefore, it is what it is.

If it bothers you that much, go somewhere else. Chances are when you do have a problem you won't find the customer service that Turners provides. Of course you can always buy online and save a few bucks, but then you would have to pay shipping and would have no limit on the FFL fee. Or you could drive around town looking for the best deal, wasting more than the $5 you are complaining about.

To me, $5 isn't that big of a deal to support a local store who takes an active interest in the community and takes care of their customers. Maybe if there were more businesses like that and more people who thought like that there would be fewer wal marts and other big box stores with the service of a morgue.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-13-2011, 8:15 PM
The answer to the question is in the California Penal Code...

And I found the source of the FUD that has dealers claiming that this applies only to C&R purchases:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/9907.pdf

Gotta love Bill's underground regulations.

Agreed, there are a lot of similar "regulations" or "best practices" that were constructed during the tenure of certain folks at various levels; a lot of which did not go through the proper statutory process.

PM sent.

JaMail
09-14-2011, 3:16 PM
+1 for pete at the signal hill store.. great guy and always goes out of his way to help me when i come in.

fastest PPT ive ever seen in my life, did one for me in about 20 minutes.

SideWinder11
09-14-2011, 7:47 PM
I just want to say I think a store in Ventura County would be a gold mine for you.

Please consider us for one.

kalaca
09-14-2011, 8:11 PM

That would be the best spot its between kerney mesa and corona and that city is huge and the cities around are growing fast!!

LBDamned
09-14-2011, 8:38 PM
Kudos to Norwalk store!!!

Went in to get some PMC .223 that was in today's "Off the Hook Special" - one day only email add... but I got there a little late in the day (4:00-ish) and they only had four boxes left (I wanted 10, which is maximum per person purchase)...

I started to call FV and SH stores to see if they had any in stock, and clerk realized my predicament and offered some Remington that they had plenty of for same sale price! Manager did price-adjustment = hassle-free and out the door swiftly!

I love it when it happens like that :)

Delta-9
09-15-2011, 7:59 AM
To me, $5 isn't that big of a deal to support a local store who takes an active interest in the community and takes care of their customers.

I'm already supporting the store by purchasing something, why should I be forced to support them with an extra $5. Would you like to pay an extra $5 at every store you shop at just because you like them?

Boris
09-15-2011, 9:31 AM
I'm already supporting the store by purchasing something, why should I be forced to support them with an extra $5. Would you like to pay an extra $5 at every store you shop at just because you like them?

Good point! As a powerful community we should band together and boycott all businesses and organizations that charge fees on top of their basic service charges. I think I'll start by cancelling my Costco membership. $35 a year so I can spend good money on pallets of burritos, duct tape and toilet paper just doesn't seem fair. And after checking out the BS fees on my utility bills I'm cancelling all of them too. And I don't think I'll be buying gasoline here anymore either. I'll order it online from some guy in Oklahoma who lives in his mom's basement and save the state taxes and AQMD and CARB fees. That'll show em...

LBDamned
09-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I think many of you are missing the point of the $5 fee question... its not a matter of being too much or unwarranted - people are asking for an explanation.

Too many people in this thread are implying "shut up and pay it"... that's not acceptable to most logical right-minded individuals. Many of the examples being given are not comparable - a tax is explained, a membership fee is explained... the $5 handling fee is ambiguous - and people are justified in wanting clarification..

If you don't mind paying fees without explanation - you are sheep and part of the problem in this state/country.

Clownpuncher
09-15-2011, 6:16 PM
I think many of you are missing the point of the $5 fee question... its not a matter of being too much or unwarranted - people are asking for an explanation..

Fair enough. I wasn't implying you shut up and pay it, simply saying that if you would go back to the thread that has been linked to several times in this thread you would probably find your answer.

you are sheep and part of the problem in this state/country.

Wow... drama much?

LBDamned
09-15-2011, 6:58 PM
Wow... drama much?

it's not drama... it's simply my opinion (and the opinion of many others) that we pay way to many "fees" that are unexplained... and unfortunately far too many people (particularly in CA) never question it; it has resulted in problems, problems that could be avoided if more people stop being sheep and wake up.

This is going off topic in regards to Turners - the subject is one thing, but I agree it isnt an isolated "Turners" issue - however, the reason people question the Turners fee is justified the same way.

Magnum Johnson
09-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Idk, maybe you guys are looking for a deeper explanation for the "handling" fee than "handling" but im thinking its for them handling the paperwork and storing the gun for your waiting period. I think this pretty much covers it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/handling

Definition of HANDLING
1a : the action of one that handles something
b : a process by which something is handled in a commercial transaction; especially : the packaging and shipping of an object or material (as to a consumer)

2 : the manner in which something is treated (as in a musical, literary, or art work)
See handling defined for English-language learners

bonzaiii
09-16-2011, 8:17 AM
I just want to say I think a store in Ventura County would be a gold mine for you.

Please consider us for one.

+1 on a Ventura location, Heck anywhere from Simi Valley, Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura would be great

bonzaiii
09-16-2011, 9:05 AM
Well the fall flyer has expired and I cant wait for the next flyers it may decide what my next gun purchase will be. When can we expect it?

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-16-2011, 9:44 AM
Well the fall flyer has expired and I cant wait for the next flyers it may decide what my next gun purchase will be. When can we expect it?

The next flyer (or catalog :) ) will be mailed in mid-November and will start on Black Friday.

LBDamned
09-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Idk, maybe you guys are looking for a deeper explanation for the "handling" fee than "handling" but im thinking its for them handling the paperwork and storing the gun for your waiting period. I think this pretty much covers it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/handling

Definition of HANDLING
1a : the action of one that handles something
b : a process by which something is handled in a commercial transaction; especially : the packaging and shipping of an object or material (as to a consumer)

2 : the manner in which something is treated (as in a musical, literary, or art work)
See handling defined for English-language learners
I'm quite certain everyone here knows the definition... however, as it applies to your explanation, that is typically covered with the DROS fee... of course Turners could charge $5 more for DROS and be in the thread about what dealers charge for DROS, but at least it would be explained.

They way you state it, it's a normal fee that everyone should be familiar with - but that's incorrect; most dealers (none that I'm aware of) add a "handleing fee" to the invoice... clearly they may increase purchase price by $5 or DROS by $5, but it is not so ambiguous that way.

I think the point people have been making in this thread is it seems to be presented as a "hidden" fee (as in uncommon and not openly explained)...

Thanks for your input though (even though I'm pretty sure your aren't a representative of turners)

Khanan
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM
+1 on a Ventura location, Heck anywhere from Simi Valley, Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura would be great
+1 million on anywhere in Ventura County

nbirnbaum2
09-16-2011, 2:26 PM
Originally Posted by bonzaiii

The next flyer (or catalog ) will be mailed in mid-November and will start on Black Friday.

So um will we have access to the black friday catalog shopping a day early and perhaps allowed to get the amazing deals a day early if we go in to the store purchase?

Cmon help out a fellow Cal Gunner... I hate being told sold out and insane lines.... Oh um how about some $ 5 dollar fee waiver coupons for us early shoppers? I heard santa is going to get me a nice new AR 15 for XMAS :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-16-2011, 4:01 PM
The next flyer (or catalog :) ) will be mailed in mid-November and will start on Black Friday.

So um will we have access to the black friday catalog shopping a day early and perhaps allowed to get the amazing deals a day early if we go in to the store purchase?

Cmon help out a fellow Cal Gunner... I hate being told sold out and insane lines.... Oh um how about some $ 5 dollar fee waiver coupons for us early shoppers? I heard santa is going to get me a nice new AR 15 for XMAS :)

You'll definitely have the catalog well before Turkey Day, so that we'll have you all fired up on the day it starts :D

Not likely that we can do a preview sale, but you're on to something with regards to the fee- but better than a one-time waiver- details to follow soon...

And we'll have take-a-number machines in all stores- and we'll hand out tickets for those waiting outside before we open to eliminate the line-jumpers and alleviate as much back up as we can...

kouki
09-16-2011, 4:59 PM
Does Turners have some kind of price match policy for guns currently being DROSed?

Last Friday (9/9) I paid for an XD40 Essentials kit and started my DROS, but I just saw the new weekly ad has it for $399.98.

Cokebottle
09-16-2011, 6:02 PM
We don't need a definition... we know what it is.

But their prices honestly are not THAT good. They're making money on the sale of the gun... then they're throwing another $5 on top of it all.
Their regular prices are just "okay".
Their sale prices are just "okay"... you can do better from Davidson's, Bass Pro, and even some local shops.

Now, if Turner's were a nationwide company and they only charged the $5 in states that had the extra paperwork and waiting period, then ya... I could understand that... but Turner's is SoCal only at this point.

It's just an extra $5 of pure profit tacked on that the customer forgets about.

And I did. I bought a G26 last Spring. It was on sale.
Sale price was $5 lower than OC Indoor's regular OTC price.
No, it didn't cost me any more... but had I remembered the extra $5, I would have given my business to OC Indoor.