PDA

View Full Version : Questions you would like to ask Turners

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Brandon04GT
03-14-2012, 9:54 AM
Turners, any chance we'll see a deal on an RIA 1911 or XD9 again in the near future?

JCM
03-14-2012, 5:24 PM
Any idea when the Mossberg 715T that was on sale last week will be in stock?

My brother bought one from the Norwalk store last Wednesday. At the time they told him they didn't have one but wouldn't be long but now they're saying they have no idea when they'll get them from Mossberg.

Thanks.

navycorpsman
03-14-2012, 7:12 PM
Damn you just missed the RIA 1911A1 for 419.00 got mine for less than 500 out the door

dinkydau
03-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Do you have any legal Walther ppks 380 that are used or faily new on consignment? These would be the ones before the recall by S&W. I did see one Interarms for sale at a local gunshop in NorCal.

Vmutt92
03-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I am the bro for that mossberg 715, whats up with the long wait? is it turners or mossberg?

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-16-2012, 1:28 PM
Hey Turner's! The Buntline I want is finally on your SKU and I paid cash today for it, 100% down, I hope to see it soon! They estimate 60 days! Thanks for your push!

PM sent re: price question you asked- thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-16-2012, 1:31 PM
Turners, any chance we'll see a deal on an RIA 1911 or XD9 again in the near future?

XD's will be in our Spring Flyer; RIA will depend on supply.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-16-2012, 1:37 PM
Any idea when the Mossberg 715T that was on sale last week will be in stock?

My brother bought one from the Norwalk store last Wednesday. At the time they told him they didn't have one but wouldn't be long but now they're saying they have no idea when they'll get them from Mossberg.

Thanks.

I am the bro for that mossberg 715, whats up with the long wait? is it turners or mossberg?

As we've mentioned, this will be a year unlike any the gun industry as seen before.

We've placed orders to line up with each of our major flyers, seasonal needs (like dove opener), major promotions (like Ruger Days, Glock Days, etc.) and weekly ads based on our monthly sales.

It would be hard to name any factory who can hit those targeted ship dates, right now. But we did have quite a few tell us that we have 100's of guns on the way so hopefully Mossberg can catch up, too.

We did have more guns shipped last week then were sold but that is the first time that has happened in weeks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-16-2012, 1:41 PM
Do you have any legal Walther ppks 380 that are used or faily new on consignment? These would be the ones before the recall by S&W. I did see one Interarms for sale at a local gunshop in NorCal.

We see a few Interarms (Ranger Mfg, Gasden, AL) PPK/PPKS every once in a while but they disappear fairly quickly. More rare, we see a German PP or PPK every once in a while. If those are priced right, they go even quicker.

odslim
03-16-2012, 8:40 PM
when is your spring flyer sale com out ? Thanks

Stoopy
03-16-2012, 8:49 PM
Can you guys start carrying wolf match target .22lr ammo?

Vmutt92
03-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Cool, i can live with that, but i got that so the wifey can get into shooting, this just delays me getting any other gun. And no she umm dont tell me what i can and cannot buy

Vmutt92
03-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Cool, i can live with that, but i got that so the wifey can get into shooting, this just delays me getting any other gun. And no she umm dont tell me what i can and cannot buy

gr8dragon88
03-17-2012, 11:03 AM
when is your spring flyer sale com out ? Thanks

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8143202&highlight=spring#post8143202

LBDamned
03-18-2012, 1:11 PM
sure seems fishy (trolly actually) to have a log in created this month and only 8 posts... then troll a paying vendor's thread to promote a non-paying vendor's store... in a thread dedicated to questions.

BAN! :mad:

weber_2
03-18-2012, 5:11 PM
When does the spring sale start?

Ricky-Ray
03-18-2012, 8:52 PM
When does the spring sale start?

It was mentioned earlier and it should be around the last week of March.

ke6guj
03-19-2012, 6:38 PM
You need to learn how to read.
There card says "DONT TREAD ON ME" the background image is a Gadsden Flag...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag
Get the H out of here!! :kest:

Vmutt92
03-20-2012, 3:32 PM
So any update on the Mossberg 715t?

vintagedude88
03-21-2012, 5:24 PM
What happened to the 300 Blk Out uppers you promised would be coming last Dec.?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7598832&postcount=15

SoCal Gunner
03-22-2012, 8:13 AM
PM Inbound regarding TURNERS STORES and TURNERS STOCK to purchase something from TURNERS. Bill has always been upfront, professional and has gone out of his way to help in all my dealings with him.

You other guys need to give it a rest and get back to Turners business.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-22-2012, 1:55 PM
So any update on the Mossberg 715t?

Like most other major factories, Mossberg owes us quite a few guns. While some models are likely to arrive in a few weeks, others may take longer to arrive.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-22-2012, 2:45 PM
What happened to the 300 Blk Out uppers you promised would be coming last Dec.?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7598832&postcount=15

It's not a great answer but like a lot of things right now, we're asking the same.
S&W is slow to ship; Daniel Defense and LWRC are showing new uppers, too, but delivery is not imminent.

JAGGUY
03-25-2012, 1:02 PM
Got the Spring flyer, have been wanting a Heritage Rough Rider.
I don't need the magnum cylinder and really only want the 4 3/4" barrel but it seems like only the 6 1/2" barrel is on sale.
Any plans to put the short barrel revolver on sale without the mag cylinder?

Thanks! -greg

gr8dragon88
03-25-2012, 9:41 PM
It's not a great answer but like a lot of things right now, we're asking the same.
S&W is slow to ship; Daniel Defense and LWRC are showing new uppers, too, but delivery is not imminent.

I spoke to a FFL dealer today and he's saying the same thing as Turner's. He's going to take some unplanned vacation time since parts are hard to get right now.

Check out this article about why gun sales are still going up:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/23/10797851-gun-sales-soaring-boosted-by-gun-laws-concerns-about-obama

L4D
03-26-2012, 1:11 PM
Ok as much as I hate buying anything new at Turners I went ahead and dros'd a new Ruger SR-22. Paperwork was a bit long due to their "New system". Which I heard the cashier say as well.

Curious though as to what the "Dealer handling fee" is? It was an extra $5 on top of the $25 DOJ/Background check. My other purchases never had this fee associated with them?

rabw101
03-26-2012, 3:06 PM
hello, i just recently bought a colt M4 and just wondering if i can put an eotech 516 on if i take the carry handle off? would i need to buy a different rail or would it just fit on? help please! thx again

winnre
03-26-2012, 3:33 PM
Ok as much as I hate buying anything new at Turners I went ahead and dros'd a new Ruger SR-22. Paperwork was a bit long due to their "New system". Which I heard the cashier say as well.

Isn't an SR-22 what you need to give your insurance company after you get a DUI?

L4D
03-26-2012, 3:47 PM
Isn't an SR-22 what you need to give your insurance company after you get a DUI?

yup, lol.

ctseng15
03-27-2012, 12:17 PM
PM sent regarding new Marlin 336W purchased from Pasadena store (no sling). Appreciate reply back.

Thank you!!

xoutxkastx
03-27-2012, 3:00 PM
I believe I missed the cutoff for the spring mailer sent out. Any chance a pdf copy could be emailed?

emmzel
03-27-2012, 3:04 PM
Same here for a pdf copy, if possible. Will need to know how money will be spent and whether I will need to file for bankruptcy. JK

Distro
03-27-2012, 3:37 PM
They usually post a flash pdf on their site for the catalogs. I'm guessing it will be up for sure by Thursday afternoon when the new weekly ad is posted, or maybe later today if they set it up when they send out the Off the Hook Wednesday flyer.

Ricky-Ray
03-27-2012, 3:39 PM
Same here for a pdf copy, if possible. Will need to know how money will be spent and whether I will need to file for bankruptcy. JK

I believe I missed the cutoff for the spring mailer sent out. Any chance a pdf copy could be emailed?

This was mentioned in previous postings. The flyers are being mailed out this week. If you got them in the past then you should be getting them soon.

gr8dragon88
03-27-2012, 10:47 PM
hello, i just recently bought a colt M4 and just wondering if i can put an eotech 516 on if i take the carry handle off? would i need to buy a different rail or would it just fit on? help please! thx again

you don't need to buy another rail to use the eotech 516 with the carrying handle removed.

kalaca
03-28-2012, 5:43 AM
Are you guys going to get any of the Mossberg MVP rifle if so how much will they been on sale for!

Kainatos
03-28-2012, 5:17 PM
just wanted say thanks @ Turners @ Chino and Bobby for price adjusting my MP5 for the sale on the 30th.

Stoopy
03-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Can you guys start carrying wolf match target .22lr ammo?

???

sandeggo
03-29-2012, 7:01 AM
One question I would like to ask turners.
Why does it take so long to do a dros at turners? It's a minimum hour long ordeal every time I buy a firearm there. Other gun shops it's a maximum 15-20 minute process.

joash
03-29-2012, 7:15 AM
Any chance of getting a Tavor?

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 5:06 PM
I don't need the magnum cylinder and really only want the 4 3/4" barrel but it seems like only the 6 1/2" barrel is on sale.

Thanks! -greg

Not currently, but we'll let our buyers know.

Distro
03-29-2012, 5:09 PM

Thanks! -greg

Not currently, but we'll let our buyers know.

This weeks ad.

http://i.imgur.com/r4Gp4.png

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 5:11 PM

We should have one to download on our homepage tomorrow but it's a bit large to e-mail- 20+ megs....

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 5:13 PM
Are you guys going to get any of the Mossberg MVP rifle if so how much will they been on sale for!

These should be in stock in most stores. Contact your local store for price and up to date availability.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 5:17 PM
???

Not currently, though we stocked it in the past; higher end rimfire ammo moves slowly for us. If demand were better, we'd definitely stock it and others.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 5:21 PM
This weeks ad.

http://i.imgur.com/r4Gp4.png

Yep, but with the magnum cylinder; thought the OP was looking for the slightly cheaper model with the LR cylinder only.

SoCalSon
03-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I heard from the Chino Hills Turner that you guys will be receiving about 75 KSG. Do you know exactly when and who's getting it or where my pecking order is at about this point in time?

cannon
03-30-2012, 8:19 AM
Does Turners carry Colt pistols?

joash
03-30-2012, 3:36 PM
What's up with your "PRICES TOO LOW TO ADVERTISE"? That's a such a lame gimmick. Why not just tell people what the price is and if it's really that low, people will come in and buy up everything you have in stock? Isn't that what store owners want?

Ricky-Ray
03-30-2012, 3:47 PM
What's up with your "PRICES TOO LOW TO ADVERTISE"? That's a such a lame gimmick. Why not just tell people what the price is and if it's really that low, people will come in and buy up everything you have in stock? Isn't that what store owners want?

Lot's of manufacturer's have what's call Minimum Advertise Pricing (MAP) that means that the manufacturer set's the MINIMUM pricing on what the sellers can advertise it for. If the sellers want to advertise it for lower the only way around it is to put "Prices to low to advertise" or "Call for Price" or something like that.

winnre
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Here is a question for you: Who decides what to place in the ads? Because I am not impressed by some of them. When you have an item selling for $319.95 and then underneath it says "Regularly $329.95." Come on now! TEN lousy bucks om something over three hundred dollars? That is not a savings at all. Not even worth the ink to run the ad.

Then elsewhere you have something for $249.95 that is normally $299.95. Now that's much better! That's worth printing!

But the savings of 3%, just save that for in store.

metalton
04-03-2012, 8:15 AM
Are there any plans of putting the sw mp 15 sport or the Dpms oracle on sale anytime soon?

longv
04-03-2012, 9:44 AM
Here is a question for you: Who decides what to place in the ads? Because I am not impressed by some of them. When you have an item selling for $319.95 and then underneath it says "Regularly $329.95." Come on now! TEN lousy bucks om something over three hundred dollars? That is not a savings at all. Not even worth the ink to run the ad.

Then elsewhere you have something for $249.95 that is normally $299.95. Now that's much better! That's worth printing!

To add to that, why advertise a product, specifically the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 MOE version in your spring ad, when I ordered one a month ago and still haven't gotten a call to start Dros? Still waiting on my JD lower also...

h0use
04-03-2012, 12:28 PM
can you guys get the new Glocks in FDE?

wguy00
04-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Can Turners San Bernardino order a S&W M&P 9mm barrel for my g/f's .40? I don't need a Storm Lake or any match grade barrel. Just a factory 9mm. She's got a $50 gift card that she needs to spend, and she wants to start shooting 9mm.

sgeorge1970
04-03-2012, 1:18 PM
Any ETA on the next shipmentof JD lowers? Been waiting a couple weeks now with a preorder. I want to pickup a Remington 870 at the same time to save on dros. So..it's killing me to wait :)

SG

Brandon04GT
04-03-2012, 3:56 PM
While on the topic of JD Lowers....once they all come in, do you guys anticipate having any extras to be available for people who didn't preorder them when it was on the offthehook ad?

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:19 PM
Does Turners carry Colt pistols?

Yep, but supply is ugly right now and will be tough all year.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:21 PM

Lot's of manufacturer's have what's call Minimum Advertise Pricing (MAP) that means that the manufacturer set's the MINIMUM pricing on what the sellers can advertise it for. If the sellers want to advertise it for lower the only way around it is to put "Prices to low to advertise" or "Call for Price" or something like that.

Yep; no gimmick intended. Some factories will cut off dealers who advertise below given pricing thresholds. The alternative is to never run them on sale which is not an option for us... or for our customers.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:28 PM

Our ads are built on various factors- scheduled deliveries of guns (which will be rough this year), seasonal (more so for hunting guns), availability of guns (another tough spot), special buys (getting tougher to find- everybody's buying everything so no one thinks they have to discount much; our buying power mitigates some of that), etc.

Deeper discounts occur when we get better buys; lesser discounts happen when pricing is more static or when MAP issues arise (read up a few posts for that). The alternative to not offering at least a little discount is not to run certain guns on ad; we'd rather run more things on ad even if the discount is smaller on some guns than others.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:29 PM
Are there any plans of putting the sw mp 15 sport or the Dpms oracle on sale anytime soon?

Depends on supply; doesn't look good today, but that could change at any time.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:33 PM
To add to that, why advertise a product, specifically the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 MOE version in your spring ad, when I ordered one a month ago and still haven't gotten a call to start Dros? Still waiting on my JD lower also...

We scheduled our flyer around the guns the factories said they could ship when we put the flyer together just after SHOT Show. Then the factories took orders totally 1 Million plus units (Ruger, S&W, Remington, etc.) and things got real tough real quick. Most factories have 18+ months of orders based on their current production volume.

As for JD's we've have some updated info here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8351408#post8351408).

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:34 PM
can you guys get the new Glocks in FDE?

Gen 3? If we can find them.

Gen 4? Nope; not on the DOJ list.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:35 PM
Can Turners San Bernardino order a S&W M&P 9mm barrel for my g/f's .40? I don't need a Storm Lake or any match grade barrel. Just a factory 9mm. She's got a $50 gift card that she needs to spend, and she wants to start shooting 9mm.

They can contact S&W and find that out. Contact Jason and let's see what he can do.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 5:37 PM
Any ETA on the next shipmentof JD lowers? Been waiting a couple weeks now with a preorder. I want to pickup a Remington 870 at the same time to save on dros. So..it's killing me to wait :)

SG

While on the topic of JD Lowers....once they all come in, do you guys anticipate having any extras to be available for people who didn't preorder them when it was on the offthehook ad?

Here's some info on those here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8351408#post8351408); we have 100's of "extra's" on order if they'd ship them....

longv
04-05-2012, 7:25 PM
So any idea on when you'll be getting the S&W M&15-22 MOE?

mbaran
04-05-2012, 9:28 PM
Any better way to reserve the $499 price on a S&W M&P 9mm without leaving 30% and crossing our fingers?

I was told in Pasadena that there was no guarantee of receiving one in 2012... ouch.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-06-2012, 6:30 AM
So any idea on when you'll be getting the S&W M&15-22 MOE?

"When they get here" is a really sucky answer but recently that's what we're being told. Actually, when we press for specifics some factories are better than others on letting us know what is on the way but usually we are only getting a few days notice. It is becoming the norm to hear "in a week or two", week after week.

Any better way to reserve the $499 price on a S&W M&P 9mm without leaving 30% and crossing our fingers?

I was told in Pasadena that there was no guarantee of receiving one in 2012... ouch.

If you leave a deposit, you'll be in line but we have no guarantee of how long the wait will be for most (but certainly not all guns). S&W is playing it a bit more coy than Ruger. New orders placed with them will likely not ship until 3rd or 4th quarter. But our orders have been in place for months so as long as they don't stop producing guns, they should catch up and start shipping in earnest in the next few weeks.

winnre
04-06-2012, 6:16 PM
Is there a Turner's MAIN store? The one that has 10x the giuns of other stores, they have all the sale items no other store wants, they have one of everything sold at any \other store?

Ritz Camera had a store like that in Anaheim. Stuff piled everywhere, a photographer's dream, even for a place as cheesy as Ritz!

I just wonder if there is ONE Turner's that I have to see in this lifetime. I don't mind the drive to visit the Mother Lode.

Tee Why
04-06-2012, 8:55 PM
I've been stopping by the Pasadena store recently and have noticed that the CCI Blazer 115gr FMJ 9mm on sale for $10.98 is always sold out.
Any idea when the next deliver is?
Thanks.

Fastattack
04-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I bought a box of Xtreme plated bullets from the San Bernardino store a while ago. I like them so much I was ready to buy more but alas, both San Berdo and Cucamonga didn't know anything about Xtreme bullets. Do you plan on carrying this product?

KeithG
04-10-2012, 5:01 PM
Rumor has it that there are a few Beretta M9A1 in the warehouse. Any chance for a CG or Off-The-Hook special?

The SIG P226 I bought from you in January needs a playmate.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Brandon04GT
04-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Turners,

Just an idea that popped up in my head. Not sure if anyone has suggested this already, but what do you guys think of having a separate take-a-number system like at the DMV? I live closest to the Reseda store which from my experience is almost always a mad house. I see a lot of people complain about the wait time especially just to pick up ammo and etc. I remember once talking to someone who waited over an hour just to buy a knife and they already knew which one they wanted.

Do you guys think it would help fast track things to have maybe two separate ticket systems, one for guns and one for ammo/knifes/flashlights/etc? It sucks how people who want to do a quick in-and-out knife purchase have to wait behind a line of people going through the tedious gun sale process.

bonzaiii
04-11-2012, 6:37 AM
Turners,

Just an idea that popped up in my head. Not sure if anyone has suggested this already, but what do you guys think of having a separate take-a-number system like at the DMV? I live closest to the Reseda store which from my experience is almost always a mad house. I see a lot of people complain about the wait time especially just to pick up ammo and etc. I remember once talking to someone who waited over an hour just to buy a knife and they already knew which one they wanted.

Do you guys think it would help fast track things to have maybe two separate ticket systems, one for guns and one for ammo/knifes/flashlights/etc? It sucks how people who want to do a quick in-and-out knife purchase have to wait behind a line of people going through the tedious gun sale process.

REALLY!!!!

winnre
04-11-2012, 8:11 AM
I'd love an appointment system, even to where if I was one minute late I'd lose my spot!

Dirtbikindad393
04-11-2012, 8:54 PM
OK so I have been searching for an hour and couldn't find my answer so I am going to ask here.

I put a pistol on layaway last Sat. in Pasadena store, I have to wait my 30 days to start dros on it due to my last purchase which was out of my 10 days wait and available for p/u 4/10/12.

So I have 2 questions.....

First when do I start counting my 30 days? From the first day of my last dros or the last day or the day after the last day?

Second if my layaway goes past 30 days before I can start dros am I going to have a problem with the layway going past 30?

Ricky-Ray
04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
First when do I start counting my 30 days? From the first day of my last dros or the last day or the day after the last day?

Your 30 day's start from the day your first DROS starts.

Second if my layaway goes past 30 days before I can start dros am I going to have a problem with the layway going past 30?

Talk to the store manager and let them know what's going on. Lot's of times they will work with you so you don't lose you deposit and still get your next gun after your 30 day DROS.

weber_2
04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
You guys need to hire some more people or add some hours for your current employees. I was at the Pasadena store for over 3 hrs just to pick up a gun. Now that gun sales are spiking you need to have the labor to help us customers.

Dirtbikindad393
04-12-2012, 9:21 AM
Just did my math and I can start dros on April 30th so I am good since I started laywawy on April 7th.

SOLDSHORT
04-12-2012, 5:28 PM
are you guys going to get the new S&W M&P 9mm Shield?

Saym14
04-13-2012, 12:30 AM
last year you had the HK USPc9 on sale for 749.... will that happen again at the end of this year ?

cnj
04-13-2012, 6:46 AM
Now that the Ruger LCR-22 has been approved for sale in CA (on 4-12), When will Turner's be offering it's friends @ Calguns a smoking deal on this little bad boy?

geedavell
04-13-2012, 7:20 AM
Why is it so difficult to do a PPT at your orange store. Aweek or so ago I went into the store with the buyer and ask about a PPT. They informed us it would be 30-40 minutes and that we were next in line. After the guy finished with the party in front of us, he simply walked away to help other people. We waited in the store for 90 minutes before I got pissed and left. When getting in my car the girl from the counter came out and ask why I was leaving. i realize Turners is not making money off my transfer but I have approx 15 rifles and pistols. Most of which came from Turners. That was the last time I will ever go to that Turners! I'd rather pay 20$ more to support the gun shop thats closer to me.

chonrsinway8
04-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Do you know when we'll get an updated Discontinued Gun List?

joe321
04-13-2012, 1:36 PM
did you guys restock inventory this week in Torrance? I went in there on Wednesday and Thursday and didn't see any restock of Blazer 9mm ammo. Have you guys restocked yet?

iscozky
04-13-2012, 4:51 PM
Do you have a Ruger MkIII Hunter with a 5.5 in barrel? I was calling a few stores but I guess they are busy, I was on hold for a while, I was able to talk to a Reseda store staff though but their computer was down and they can't check it on the other stores for me.
Thanks.

dshortone
04-13-2012, 6:08 PM
Now that the Ruger LCR-22 has been approved for sale in CA (on 4-12), When will Turner's be offering it's friends @ Calguns a smoking deal on this little bad boy?

Next week or so would be great! I put a deposit down...

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
04-13-2012, 6:12 PM
when are you opening a store in Ventura county?

Saym14
04-14-2012, 1:57 AM
so may questions, no answers? as far as PPT at turners, I will avoid that, however that may be what they prefer they do everthing step by step by step by the book and then some. after you wait your turn. I avoid PPT ther eif at all possible.

S2V
04-14-2012, 9:45 AM
Q: When you buy a Daniel Defense M4... what kind of magazine comes with it (in California)? I know that the standard 30 round PMAG is included... Does Turners make the magazine into a 10/30 Mag? If not, then is a standard 10 round magazine given? what happens to the PMAG that is part of the gun when you buy it...

THanks!

ke6guj
04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Q: When you buy a Daniel Defense M4... what kind of magazine comes with it (in California)? I know that the standard 30 round PMAG is included... Does Turners make the magazine into a 10/30 Mag? If not, then is a standard 10 round magazine given? what happens to the PMAG that is part of the gun when you buy it...

THanks!

my assumption is that when Turners orders from DD, that they have them install the maglock and a 10-round mag at the factory.

there probably is never a PMAG for that gun. Just because DD normally includes a PMAG on their 49-state guns doesn't mean that the CA models that DD does would have a PMAG included.

ctseng15
04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
PM sent regarding upcoming fair at Raahauges Shooting Sports Complex In Corona on June 1-3.

ThemBastards
04-16-2012, 4:26 PM
If my DL and Registration have my old address on them what documents can I furnish for a long gun PTP?.

Do all of the Turners follow the same rules? I have been told that an H6 form from the DMV will do the trick. What other documents would be accepted if any?

SoCal Gunner
04-16-2012, 7:39 PM
^ Utility Bill in your name

ThemBastards
04-17-2012, 7:31 AM
^ Utility Bill in your name

I don't think they'll take that in lieu of the DL or Registration or H6 form. I just need to confirm that the H6 form is accepted at Turners' as I have been told by Turners employees- and just incase I go to the DMV today and the line is 8 hours long is there anything else that is acceptable? Rental agreement? W2? Can I use utilities?

I have read a bunch of different answers. Would like to hear from the one that is going to matter. PTP long gun...

Please let me know Turners.

Thanks

Saym14
04-18-2012, 8:06 PM
why no answers from Turners?

Deep_color
04-18-2012, 10:15 PM
I have used the H-6 form in the past @ Turners in Corona but I had to include a utility bill to meet all of the requirements for my handgun purchase.

ThemBastards
04-19-2012, 8:50 AM
why no answers from Turners?

I don't know- was hoping for something. It may be that they do not want to give an answer in writing. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my question?

So I went to the DMV and got the H6 form- can I get confirmation that this(H6 form) is all I will need to purchase a long arm in a private party transfer?

Both I and the selling party will be driving pretty far to meet in the middle at Turners and knowing for sure that this will work would be great. You can PM me Turners if you want. Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 4:10 PM
OK so I have been searching for an hour and couldn't find my answer so I am going to ask here.

I put a pistol on layaway last Sat. in Pasadena store, I have to wait my 30 days to start dros on it due to my last purchase which was out of my 10 days wait and available for p/u 4/10/12.

So I have 2 questions.....

We have a lot of "handgun-of-the-month" club members. If you have multiple handgun purchases with us and your DROS'ing one each 30 days, that essentially excuses you from the 30-day layaway issue. The only time that gets sticky is if you stop paying guns off and/or not DROS'ing them.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 4:15 PM
Rumor has it that there are a few Beretta M9A1 in the warehouse. Any chance for a CG or Off-The-Hook special?

The SIG P226 I bought from you in January needs a playmate.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Given the demand we're seeing and the amount of interest that the Weds or CGN specials are generating, we're going to need guns we have quite a few of for those specials. A handful of guns for a weekly special is going to annoy the 95% of folks who don't get a gun.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:08 PM
are you guys going to get the new S&W M&P 9mm Shield?

They say the will have a CA version at some point; we'll carry it when they do.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:09 PM
last year you had the HK USPc9 on sale for 749.... will that happen again at the end of this year ?

Not sure; will depend alot on supply.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:10 PM
Why is it so difficult to do a PPT at your orange store. Aweek or so ago I went into the store with the buyer and ask about a PPT. They informed us it would be 30-40 minutes and that we were next in line. After the guy finished with the party in front of us, he simply walked away to help other people. We waited in the store for 90 minutes before I got pissed and left. When getting in my car the girl from the counter came out and ask why I was leaving. i realize Turners is not making money off my transfer but I have approx 15 rifles and pistols. Most of which came from Turners. That was the last time I will ever go to that Turners! I'd rather pay 20$ more to support the gun shop thats closer to me.

PM sent!

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:16 PM
Do you know when we'll get an updated Discontinued Gun List?

Sorry but we're not able to put that out right now.:(

did you guys restock inventory this week in Torrance? I went in there on Wednesday and Thursday and didn't see any restock of Blazer 9mm ammo. Have you guys restocked yet?

CCI ammo just came back into the warehouse- some bulk packs and regular- Blazer Brass though, didn't see any aluminum.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:18 PM
when are you opening a store in Ventura county?

That's classified, but sooner than you may think ....

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:33 PM

THanks!

my assumption is that when Turners orders from DD, that they have them install the maglock and a 10-round mag at the factory.

there probably is never a PMAG for that gun. Just because DD normally includes a PMAG on their 49-state guns doesn't mean that the CA models that DD does would have a PMAG included.

The 30-round P-MAG never ships with their CA rifles. DD chooses from a variety of mags when they ship guns- currently they are using Precision Mags.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:39 PM
I don't think they'll take that in lieu of the DL or Registration or H6 form. I just need to confirm that the H6 form is accepted at Turners' as I have been told by Turners employees- and just incase I go to the DMV today and the line is 8 hours long is there anything else that is acceptable? Rental agreement? W2? Can I use utilities?

I have read a bunch of different answers. Would like to hear from the one that is going to matter. PTP long gun...

Please let me know Turners.

Thanks

For CA residency (on handguns) your proof of residency (utility bill, car registration, etc.) needs to match your CDL or a DMV change of address document. But a change of address doc from the DMV or the standard DMV printout do not, in itself, replace the documents needed for CA handgun residency.

For ATF purposes, if your CDL shows an old address or P.O. Box, you must provide a govt-issued document showing your actual, residence address. In this case, the DMV printout or DMV change of address doc will work to satisfy the ATF.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 5:46 PM
I don't know- was hoping for something. It may be that they do not want to give an answer in writing. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my question?

So I went to the DMV and got the H6 form- can I get confirmation that this(H6 form) is all I will need to purchase a long arm in a private party transfer?

Both I and the selling party will be driving pretty far to meet in the middle at Turners and knowing for sure that this will work would be great. You can PM me Turners if you want. Thanks

Sorry for the slow response- you're in the clear- see above.

AR-MAN88
04-19-2012, 7:37 PM
Hey Guys, After taking a look in your springs sales event, i went over to your Signal hill Store and requested to purchase the .22lr H&k Mp5 and was told that they were completely out of stock and had to wait for a new shipment to arrive. Disappointed but i still went ahead and put it on layaway..As soon as i paid the gun off, which would be next week. How long would the ETA be? By-the-way, I was told to wait at least 2 months since it had to be built and shipped from Germany. Would this be correct?

ThemBastards
04-19-2012, 8:52 PM
Sorry for the slow response- you're in the clear- see above.

No worries. Thanks for the confirmation

Saym14
04-19-2012, 8:58 PM
wow! impresive!!!! thank....

S2V
04-19-2012, 9:24 PM
The 30-round P-MAG never ships with their CA rifles. DD chooses from a variety of mags when they ship guns- currently they are using Precision Mags.

Thank you for the response... I since have picked up my DDM4V5 and love it! It did in fact come with a Precision 10 round mag... time to pick up some 10/30's!!:)

ncrotalus
04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Have you received any ruger 22/45's? Ordered one almost two weeks ago and was told you would hopefully get a shipment from ruger soon. This was at the Kearny mesa store.

Thanks. Btw, very pleased with the service that day.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey Guys, After taking a look in your springs sales event, i went over to your Signal hill Store and requested to purchase the .22lr H&k Mp5 and was told that they were completely out of stock and had to wait for a new shipment to arrive. Disappointed but i still went ahead and put it on layaway..As soon as i paid the gun off, which would be next week. How long would the ETA be? By-the-way, I was told to wait at least 2 months since it had to be built and shipped from Germany. Would this be correct?

Umarex has been slow shipping due to any number of factors, especially the high demand for their products but also due to an issue or two they've had relative to importation logistics. It is far harder to forecast shipments from them than from other factories.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Have you received any ruger 22/45's? Ordered one almost two weeks ago and was told you would hopefully get a shipment from ruger soon. This was at the Kearny mesa store.

Thanks. Btw, very pleased with the service that day.

PM sent.

winnre
04-30-2012, 8:16 AM
On your used gun page you do not always show shotgun gauges. I assume 12 unless otherwise noted?

Any chance the C&R guns that you have for sale can be noted as such?

Why can't all the firearms for sale have photos?

Where's my flying car? :-)

kbeez21
05-02-2012, 3:36 PM
I put a 30% deposit on my first firearm purchase (Benelli Supernova Tactical). Did my 10 day wait period start on the deposit? Or does it start when the gun comes into the shop and I pay the balance?

Ricky-Ray
05-02-2012, 3:45 PM
I put a 30% deposit on my first firearm purchase (Benelli Supernova Tactical). Did my 10 day wait period start on the deposit? Or does it start when the gun comes into the shop and I pay the balance?

DROS usually start's when the gun is paid in full.

kbeez21
05-02-2012, 4:03 PM
I have a Driver's License with my old address but i can also provide a utility bill with my current address. Will that suffice when purchasing a SG? I mentioned it to the girl at turners but she was a little unclear. Is it absolutely necessary that my driver's license address is updated?

XDshooter
05-02-2012, 5:00 PM
Does Turner's carry Stoeger shotguns? I'm looking specifically for the 20 gauge competition model O/U.

ArcherDog
05-02-2012, 7:58 PM
I have a Driver's License with my old address but i can also provide a utility bill with my current address. Will that suffice when purchasing a SG? I mentioned it to the girl at turners but she was a little unclear. Is it absolutely necessary that my driver's license address is updated?

Not sure about Turners but my local gun store made me go onto the DMV website and print out a page showing my current address. That plus my truck registration were needed to pick up my handgun.

gr8dragon88
05-02-2012, 11:27 PM

Your 10 days wait, aka DROS does not automatically start with the deposit. You can ask Turner's to submit the DROS with only deposit on the firearm and pay for it in full when you pick up. This is a new Turner's policy on new and used firearms.

For the longest time, we didn't start DROS until the gun was paid in full but we did change that last year. If you have an issue where you are being told otherwise, please make contact with one of the managers in the store. If that doesn't resolve the issue PM us for assistance.

gr8dragon88
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM

From CA DOJ's web site:

What happens if there is a problem with the purchaser's driver's license?
If DROS information conflicts with the DMV driver license files or if the license is suspended or invalid, the DOJ will cancel the transaction and notify the firearms dealer. The purchaser should contact DMV to correct or update information in DMV's files. Once the DMV problem has been cleared, a new DROS may be initiated.

(PC section 12071(b)(3)(B))

CA requires drivers to notify DMV of address changes within 10 days of the change.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/dmv/dmv14.htm

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-04-2012, 1:07 PM
On your used gun page you do not always show shotgun gauges. I assume 12 unless otherwise noted?

When none is listed, you can assume 12ga, but they should always note the gauge in any case ...

Any chance the C&R guns that you have for sale can be noted as such?

Good idea; we get that done

Why can't all the firearms for sale have photos?

Agreed .... e-mail on way to someone here .... :43:

Where's my flying car? :-)

The CA-approved ones with the bullet button and no LCI?

:twoweeks:

XDshooter
05-04-2012, 6:37 PM
Does Turner's carry Stoeger shotguns? I'm looking specifically for the 20 gauge competition model O/U.
---

0351USMC
05-04-2012, 8:44 PM
is Ruger SR22 pistol in stock?

bonesurf
05-06-2012, 9:06 AM

I am also wondering/interested in this

SemperFlexibus
05-06-2012, 1:53 PM
if you want to know in a hurry, call any Turner's store and they can check...

DeathByDoubleDip
05-06-2012, 4:21 PM
At the Pasadena store, are all the used guns on display, or is there used inventory that I can request an employee to look up for me?

Brandon04GT
05-06-2012, 6:27 PM
When purchasing a gun, does anyone know if you can put down 30% in cash to initiate the DROS and then after the 10 days get a refund of that cash and put it all on a credit card?

joash
05-21-2012, 9:23 PM
Do you guy sell the $99 polymer AR lowers? If not, any plans to get them in?

SoCal Gunner
05-23-2012, 1:16 PM
Bill, will you be out at the Sports Fair @ Raahaugee's?

AR-MAN88
05-24-2012, 1:10 AM
UMAREX .22LR MP5? I started my layaway "LAST" month, "PAID OFF/START-ENDED DROS PERIOD" this month. Once again!..having to wait longer than it has to be. This is F.U.B.A.R":censored::taz:

socalbowhunter
05-24-2012, 9:34 AM
UMAREX .22LR MP5? I started my layaway "LAST" month, "PAID OFF/START-ENDED DROS PERIOD" this month. Once again!..having to wait longer than it has to be. This is F.U.B.A.R":censored::taz:

Sure does sound like you're placing blame on Turners for this. Not sure how it is their fault that the manufacturer can't make them fast enough.

h0use
05-25-2012, 4:09 PM

interested in one as well

Grey
05-26-2012, 7:01 AM
Is there any chance you might consider stocking 1911s in 9mm?

Fastattack
05-26-2012, 1:19 PM
I was in your Reseda store yesterday and was happy to see several models of pistol vaults for sale. Unfortunately not a single one had a display model out to look at. Is that policy? I also noticed a couple of nice rifle shooting bags, but with no price. Sorry I didn't ask anyone for help since the store is always so busy. I left with no purchase.

Tee Why
05-26-2012, 1:31 PM

Stopped by the Pasadena Store today and they were in stock and on sale.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-31-2012, 12:09 PM
---

I am also wondering/interested in this

if you want to know in a hurry, call any Turner's store and they can check...

Folks, we are not necessarily on the board every day, so the best way to get info on current pricing or availability is to contact your local Turner's directly.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-31-2012, 12:11 PM
At the Pasadena store, are all the used guns on display, or is there used inventory that I can request an employee to look up for me?

The used or consignment guns in stock in a given store will be on display.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-31-2012, 12:12 PM
When purchasing a gun, does anyone know if you can put down 30% in cash to initiate the DROS and then after the 10 days get a refund of that cash and put it all on a credit card?

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-31-2012, 12:20 PM

We had plans to look into these before things went nuts; if availability improves, we'll bring this back to the front of the line.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Bill, will you be out at the Sports Fair @ Raahaugee's?

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Is there any chance you might consider stocking 1911s in 9mm?

We've ordered Kimbers and have received a few here and there. They will be tough to get this year but we may get a few more.

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I was in your Reseda store yesterday and was happy to see several models of pistol vaults for sale. Unfortunately not a single one had a display model out to look at. Is that policy? I also noticed a couple of nice rifle shooting bags, but with no price. Sorry I didn't ask anyone for help since the store is always so busy. I left with no purchase.

PM Sent.

A-J
05-31-2012, 2:23 PM
I don't want to start a thread that turns into a Turner's bashing as most do, so I'll ask here. And I am 100% serious, not trying to instigate.

I understand stock shortages and that retailers are at the mercy of suppliers and manufacturers, but why would you offer guns at sale prices knowing that:

1. you have zero in stock
2. there is a massive backorder with that manufacturer or that model?

I "bought" my PX4 storm and an M9 more than a month ago, and a SIG mosquito two-tone not long after that, and they are still not in stock. The same thing happened when I went to buy a SIG SP2022. Not only did you guys have none in stock, there wasn't even a floor model. Yet it was "on sale" a few times since the beginning of the year.

Boris
05-31-2012, 9:04 PM
why would you offer guns at sale prices knowing that:

I'm pretty sure they've stated that they get promises from suppliers that they'll have the goods delivered by the time the ad prints. Blame the suppliers. Hate the game. Not the player.

SemperFlexibus
06-01-2012, 8:05 AM
I'm pretty sure they've stated that they get promises from suppliers that they'll have the goods delivered by the time the ad prints. Blame the suppliers. Hate the game. Not the player.

yeah, come on... let's show Turner's some love... they are just a poor victim of everthing that's wrong...:(

SemperFlexibus
06-01-2012, 8:20 AM
I don't want to start a thread that turns into a Turner's bashing as most do, so I'll ask here. And I am 100% serious, not trying to instigate.

I understand stock shortages and that retailers are at the mercy of suppliers and manufacturers, but why would you offer guns at sale prices knowing that:

I "bought" my PX4 storm and an M9 more than a month ago, and a SIG mosquito two-tone not long after that, and they are still not in stock. The same thing happened when I went to buy a SIG SP2022. Not only did you guys have none in stock, there wasn't even a floor model. Yet it was "on sale" a few times since the beginning of the year.

I've a couple of items that have been on back order for a year. They were on sale again in the last Spring flyer but not in stock....

A-J
06-01-2012, 9:58 AM

Actually, if you re-read my post you'll see that they went into the sale *knowing* that the guns are not available and had no ETA for when they would be. Not a situation of "supplier X promised me Y but I got nothing but zzzzzs. And it's not hating going on, it's asking a simple question. And as I also stated in my OP, I'm not trying to bash Turner's - there are enough folks who will happily do so on here already. In fact, without trying to do some leg humping, I will say that I have consistently had good experiences with them in the past. Believe me, if it was about hate, my posts would be far more inflammatory.

turbineinfo
06-01-2012, 4:00 PM
I picked up a Ruger SR9 this Wednesday
The only sr9 in stock was a stainless slide. Would I have to re-dros in order to get the all black slide?

Deep_color
06-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Would I have to re-dros in order to get the all black slide?

Yes you would New Model new DROS.

winnre
06-07-2012, 10:54 AM
On the Online Gun Rack for Used and Consigned Guns can you add a script at the bottom of the page maybe to show when it was last updated? I check a couple times a day when I can but if I can see the update time then I'll know there was a change and it's not just my eyes. Your web guy can make this happen so there is no other input needed when you make a change, even if it is just a typo correction or something small.

Oh BTW on the used .44's, a pistol having an 8 3/8" barrel is not the same as having an 8.38" barrel.

kalaca
06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Do calguns members get any type of discount when buying a rifle like 10%.

SoCal Gunner
06-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Look for the "Calguns" weekly special at the top of Turner's vendor area.

iscozky
06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
I saw your weekly ad that there will be a Ruger sale, I'm just wondering if the 10/22 tactical target bull barrel is included? Thanks.

SemperFlexibus
06-21-2012, 1:45 PM
I saw your weekly ad that there will be a Ruger sale, I'm just wondering if the 10/22 tactical target bull barrel is included? Thanks.

you may want to call the stores since they don't check the board daily.

iscozky
06-21-2012, 8:46 PM
you may want to call the stores since they don't check the board daily.

I just did and they say it's not included, thanks.:(

hash browns
06-24-2012, 2:39 PM
Can Tuner's customers add additional long-guns to an existing DROS/purchase if the DROS period has not expired and the items have not been picked up?

Thanks

BP22
06-24-2012, 9:39 PM
Can Tuner's customers add additional long-guns to an existing DROS/purchase if the DROS period has not expired and the items have not been picked up?

Thanks

I'd actually like to know that as well. Thanks.

winnre
06-25-2012, 9:04 AM

Thanks

Legally they can, but no employee has said they will. Same with my exemption for 1 in 30, other stores recognize it but not Turner's. If you get an answer here from Turner's be sure to print it out and take it with you!

esiegel91
06-25-2012, 10:41 AM
What would i need to bring if i wanted to do a PPT on a m&p 15...im military and buying from a member on here.

bonesurf
06-25-2012, 11:08 AM
You just go there with the seller with a current valid I'd and DROS it. You can do at any shop. Have the seller include a lock or you are gonna have to buy. Alternatively you can buy a lock within the 30 days of the transaction show the receipt too

esiegel91
06-25-2012, 12:57 PM
You just go there with the seller with a current valid I'd and DROS it. You can do at any shop. Have the seller include a lock or you are gonna have to buy. Alternatively you can buy a lock within the 30 days of the transaction show the receipt too

Awesome thanks!! Ill be sure to bring a lock

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

esiegel91
06-25-2012, 1:04 PM
Oh one last question do I have to leave it for 10 days or whatever? What's the reasoning for that if so?

winnre
06-25-2012, 1:16 PM
Buy a lock, I kinda want to get an anchor chain and lock to see if that works!

hash browns
06-25-2012, 6:22 PM
I'd actually like to know that as well. Thanks.

On a recent multiple long-gun purchase, from Turner's, they allowed multiple long-guns to be grouped into one DROS / background check, but required individual DROS forms to be completed for each item, along with an additional Turner's $5.00 handling fee per item.

The ability to add an additional long-gun after the initial purchase could only help increase sales.

BP22
06-25-2012, 6:39 PM
On a recent multiple long-gun purchase, from Turner's, they allowed multiple long-guns to be grouped into one DROS / background check, but required individual DROS forms to be completed for each item, along with an additional Turner's $5.00 handling fee per item.

The ability to add an additional long-gun after the initial purchase could only help increase sales.

Thanks hb. I have a SR9c that I am 3 days into the waiting period. I am going to try and get over there tomorrow to see if I can add a 10/22 to same DROS.

TheHammerOfTruth
06-25-2012, 7:32 PM
You can't add a long gun to a handgun DROS.

TheHammerOfTruth
06-25-2012, 7:34 PM
Likewise, you can't add a long gun to a long gun DROS on your pick up day.

BP22
06-25-2012, 7:42 PM
You can't add a long gun to a handgun DROS.
Oh well, thanks for the info.

SemperFlexibus
06-26-2012, 7:13 AM

I know someone who bought 8 long guns on one DROS from Turner's last month and there was no extra $5 handling fee per each additional gun...

SemperFlexibus
06-26-2012, 7:17 AM
Oh one last question do I have to leave it for 10 days or whatever? What's the reasoning for that if so?

What is the process for purchasing a firearm in California?

All firearms purchases and transfers, including private party transactions and sales at gun shows, must be made through a licensed dealer under the Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) process. California imposes a 10-day waiting period before a firearm can be released to a buyer or transferee. A person must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a rifle or shotgun. To buy a handgun, a person must be at least 21 years of age, and either 1) possess an HSC plus successfully complete a safety demonstration with the handgun being purchased or 2) qualify for an HSC exemption.

As part of the DROS process, the buyer must present "clear evidence of identity and age" which is defined as a valid, non-expired California Driver's License or Identification Card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. A military identification accompanied by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California is also acceptable.

whofarted
06-27-2012, 7:44 PM

funny thing about this subject is I have only once had anybody ever mention this to me and believe it or not it was at Big5. The guy told me.. "heres your chance to add something else or swap for another rifle before you leave" when I was picking up my rifle.

bonesurf
06-27-2012, 7:52 PM
I think as long as they haven't filled in the number on the DROS they can add but once that number has been filled in it can't be changed I think

TheHammerOfTruth
06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
I think as long as they haven't filled in the number on the DROS they can add but once that number has been filled in it can't be changed I think

You are correct, and the number gets filled in immediately upon initiation of the DROS.

winnre
06-28-2012, 3:22 PM
You are correct, and the number gets filled in immediately upon initiation of the DROS.

Then how do we add a long gun?

kalaca
06-29-2012, 8:14 PM
Hello I just purchase two rifles from you guys and my pick up date is on the 2nd of July wanted to get a scope because one of the rifles does not has any sights do you guys carry Redfield brand! Thanks!

angry
06-29-2012, 8:55 PM
were is the oxnard store going to be

Rhythm of Life
07-02-2012, 2:43 PM
When are you going to put in AC in the Reseda store. I break a sweat just walking to the gun counter. I couldn't imagine being a worker there for 8 hours.

Help us AND your employees out! PLEASE!

You might want to replace Rob from answering customer suggestions. He acts indifferent to ideas almost to the point of insinuating me a liar. If I was in the store, I'm pretty sure I have a better handle on what temp it was inside than a person who wasn't even there.

darksands
07-02-2012, 3:56 PM
Hello I just purchase two rifles from you guys and my pick up date is on the 2nd of July wanted to get a scope because one of the rifles does not has any sights do you guys carry Redfield brand! Thanks!

I believe I saw a Redfield scope in the case at West Covina. However, I only saw one so don't expect a large selection.

Deep_color
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM
don't expect a large selection.

I was in the Chino Hills Turners earlier today and I saw a rather decent selection of Redfield optics about 5-8 different scopes. Even a rangefinder and a pair of binos. I would assume that some stores carry more than others though.

Brandon04GT
07-03-2012, 1:02 PM
Can anyone tell me whats on the Off The Hook special for this week? The images just never seem to show in the emails I've been getting lately

BP22
07-03-2012, 1:09 PM
Can anyone tell me whats on the Off The Hook special for this week? The images just never seem to show in the emails I've been getting lately

Bushmaster XT15 ORC 5.56 - $799.98
Taurus M85 .38 Special +P - $299.98

Brandon04GT
07-03-2012, 1:43 PM
Bushmaster XT15 ORC 5.56 - $799.98
Taurus M85 .38 Special +P - $299.98

Thank you sir :D

Burbur
07-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Where in Oxnard is the new store going to be?

SemperFlexibus
07-04-2012, 12:15 PM
When are you going to put in AC in the Reseda store. I break a sweat just walking to the gun counter. I couldn't imagine being a worker there for 8 hours.

Help us AND your employees out! PLEASE!

You might want to replace Rob from answering customer suggestions. He acts indifferent to ideas almost to the point of insinuating me a liar. If I was in the store, I'm pretty sure I have a better handle on what temp it was inside than a person who wasn't even there.

Why change when Reseda has the cheapest rent in the entire chain with little to no competition? :confused:

larryis1
07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
"Is the M (match grade) version of the Springield XD9 available for purchase in your Orange, CA store?

SemperFlexibus
07-05-2012, 1:06 PM
"Is the M (match grade) version of the Springield XD9 available for purchase in your Orange, CA store?

Turner's only sell new/used hand guns that are on the DOJ's approved list and none of the XD-M models are on it.

larryis1
07-06-2012, 8:16 AM
Turner's only sell new/used hand guns that are on the DOJ's approved list and none of the XD-M models are on it.

Thanks, that was my objective to determine if the XD9M was on the list or not.

DisturbedAle
07-09-2012, 6:39 PM
If I buy a long gun via ppt can I add a long gun under the same dros fee? Thus I only pay for ppt fee, long gun and tax?

busteronly1987
07-09-2012, 6:41 PM
i was at gun show at cal expo couple weeks ago and while there i saw that they were sellin 100 mag clips and 20 round pistol clips how can they do that if cali law stats 10 round clips and were they legal

SemperFlexibus
07-09-2012, 10:43 PM
If I buy a long gun via ppt can I add a long gun under the same dros fee? Thus I only pay for ppt fee, long gun and tax?

not legal, Turner's ain't going to do it..:)

SemperFlexibus
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
i was at gun show at cal expo couple weeks ago and while there i saw that they were sellin 100 mag clips and 20 round pistol clips how can they do that if cali law stats 10 round clips and were they legal

it's legal as long as they are sold as rebuild kits...

nhattran_1528
07-10-2012, 6:58 PM
Ammo brothers is having a sale on glock 26/27. Do u guys price match? If yes, may i be able to put it on layaway for the price matched price?

GuillermoAntonio
07-13-2012, 2:07 AM
Is anyone from turners keeping an eye on this thread?

enilyks
07-13-2012, 8:44 AM
Does anyone know if I can get a refund on the 30% (of the purchase price) I put down on pre-ordering a Kel-Tec KSG last year in March with Turner's?
It's been 16 months now and I don't see any KSG's around :confused: plus I'm relocating out-of-state.
Thank you.

SemperFlexibus
07-13-2012, 1:06 PM
Does anyone know if I can get a refund on the 30% (of the purchase price) I put down on pre-ordering a Kel-Tec KSG last year in March with Turner's?
It's been 16 months now and I don't see any KSG's around :confused: plus I'm relocating out-of-state.
Thank you.

yes, you can...:)

Nobama2012

enilyks
07-13-2012, 5:41 PM
yes, you can...:)

Nobama2012

Nice! Is there anything that'll support me to do so (such as their policies)?
Thank you!

Boris
07-13-2012, 7:34 PM
Nice! Is there anything that'll support me to do so (such as their policies)?
Thank you!
Fifth thread down on their vendor forum will tell you all about it. They're not going to hold you to anything. All you gotta do is ask for the refund.

enilyks
07-13-2012, 9:58 PM
Fifth thread down on their vendor forum will tell you all about it. They're not going to hold you to anything. All you gotta do is ask for the refund.

Thanks Boris. Appreciate it!:)

nhattran_1528
07-15-2012, 9:35 PM
Ammo brothers is having a sale on glock 26/27. Do u guys price match? If yes, may i be able to put it on layaway for the price matched price?

Still no answer? I guess thats why i go to places like ammobros and riflegear.

Burbur
07-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Came back looking for an answer, found it in The Star

The new Turners in Oxnard will be at The Rose, by Wallmart

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/jul/10/turners-outdoorsman-scheduled-to-open-in-oxnard/

Rhythm of Life
07-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Why change when Reseda has the cheapest rent in the entire chain with little to no competition? :confused:

I know the real business answer, I just want to know if they are willing to say it.

over 5 years that store always has fans running inside to help circulate. Even after the "remodel"

Rhythm of Life
07-19-2012, 8:43 PM
Spent 2 hours today at the Reseda store waiting on lost paperwork. The wait was absolutely bull**** however when all was said and done I was taken care of but for god sakes fire your AC contractor. He apparently came and fixed it today but my buddy, myself and several other customers were sweating. YOUR RESEDA STORE IS TOO HOT. ffs I watched customers walk in and walk out..... your employees are trying their best running fans but its not enough, I shouldn't be going outside in the valley to feel cooler than in a store with "AC."

As a company what do you think of this slogan:

First time, every time.

I think you guys might want to think about that.......

Gem1950
07-20-2012, 6:49 AM
How about putting on sale the regular 10 round mags. rather than the 10/30 version?

ViciousJellyfish
07-20-2012, 7:51 PM
When is the next 'Ruger Days' sale? Turner's in Orange said I just missed it a couple weeks ago. Corona store says it's coming in a couple weeks. Only Ruger Days ad I've seen was from February. Just lookin for a solid answer.

BP22
07-20-2012, 8:05 PM
They had one last month when I bought my SR9c and 10/22.

0351USMC
07-23-2012, 9:51 PM
When is the next 'Ruger Days' sale? Turner's in Orange said I just missed it a couple weeks ago. Corona store says it's coming in a couple weeks. Only Ruger Days ad I've seen was from February. Just lookin for a solid answer.

last ruger sale was June 22-28

Matt1984
07-25-2012, 7:23 PM
Hi just wanted to see what my expected wait time is for the Umarex hk mp-5 .22lr. I placed a deposit last week and I am hoping its not going to be a 3 mo. wait like my sig was.

Thanks for the help

efnick
07-26-2012, 7:51 PM
hi, does turners do lay away on used guns, an if a used gun has been on the shelf for a long time, will they negotiate the price at all?

Bangzoom
07-28-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Reseda store

why bother transffering my call to the gun dept when NOBODY EVER answers? No matter what time of day I have never had anybody pickup..so I end up going in and everytime I see somebody behind the counter not busy with a customer and I just know somebody else Is waiting on the phone to be helped

Matt1984
07-30-2012, 2:22 PM
Does Turners ever respond back anymore?

Mac7504
07-30-2012, 3:05 PM
I don't think they like us on the forum anymore, there is no more Turners presence here :laugh

Probably too many whiners...

LBDamned
07-30-2012, 3:41 PM
in case there is still interaction... Turners, please respond in thread linked below - thank you

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=601522

Brandon04GT
08-02-2012, 8:34 AM
Is anyone else not able to view the weekly ads/OTH ads that Turner's emails out? After I reformatted my PC I would get the emails but it wouldn't show the image.

KeithG
08-02-2012, 9:29 AM
Is anyone else not able to view the weekly ads/OTH ads that Turner's emails out? After I reformatted my PC I would get the emails but it wouldn't show the image.

It's your software. Hope this isn't a big surprise. I can even use my phone to view their emails....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Ricky-Ray
08-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Yep. No problems here on any of my computers or my phone.

Captain Neon
08-03-2012, 9:05 PM
Today I went to the Chino Hills store and advance ordered a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. I found out the $399.98 special price expired yesterday but because I asked nicely they gave me the advance price and waived the $30 special order fee.

What I'm curious about is why doesn't the flyer for the Shield show the expiration date? If you take the flyer literally the advance price will hold until the day these guns show up at the warehouse.

I imagine quite a few purchasers are going to be surprised by this.

williakr
08-06-2012, 6:05 PM
Evening, I was curious if there has been any news on the fulfillment of KSG pre orders? Have my order at Turners in Norwalk, since February 2011.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Matt1984
08-07-2012, 1:18 PM
Since 2011 holy poop I thought waiting 3 months was bad......you should be a priest since you can hold out pretty long

williakr
08-07-2012, 1:24 PM
Lol, Ya I'm 2nd in line for that specific store. Patience is a virtue, but I have to think of it like this.... Ya never mind I should become a priest lmao!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

monk
08-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Are there any plans to order a Taurus PT92? I've been looking but haven't seen them for the longest.

General
08-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Turners, when are you going to open a store in Sacramento area.
I read all your ads.
It reminds me of when I was kid looking at the toys in the Sears catalog.:santa:

gr8dragon88
08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Are there any plans to order a Taurus PT92? I've been looking but haven't seen them for the longest.

they were on discontinued sale list last year so i doubt turner's would be ordering them again.

Brandon04GT
08-28-2012, 3:06 PM
What's on the OTH special this week anyone? I still can't figure out why I can't view the ads in my email.

billp053
08-28-2012, 3:14 PM
What's on the OTH special this week anyone? I still can't figure out why I can't view the ads in my email.I don't know what e-mail program you're using, but you might try checking your spam folder, your e-mail program might think Turners ads are spam.

FWIW, your mileage may vary....

Brandon04GT
08-28-2012, 3:16 PM
I don't know what e-mail program you're using, but you might try checking your spam folder, your e-mail program might think Turners ads are spam.

FWIW, your mileage may vary....

Gmail....I am getting the emails in my inbox...just nothing shows up when I click on it.

billp053
08-28-2012, 3:49 PM
In g-mail, once you click on the e-mail, look for a box or button that says show remote content or something like that, also if you're using MS e-mail client, try switching to Thunderbird.

gr8dragon88
08-29-2012, 7:45 AM
What's on the OTH special this week anyone? I still can't figure out why I can't view the ads in my email.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=xezs8zfab&v=001MtYzh8Ksh1BfAXyRQ-hQvpEC5bRW90POgcxbnZlyknVmMlSUvs8OubPy26IQ5Rmj8qOl 8aCZqBMd-I4ljj7zjf5uOgja3J0EF0IV3CEA2Bo%3D

TF_CAM
08-29-2012, 11:50 PM
customer service?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=542720

WieDonE
09-29-2012, 9:53 PM
Can an out of state FFL ship to Turners for a transfer? If so, what is the cost for such a transfer and what kind of paperwork does the FFL need to send if any. Fountain Valley location for this would be used.

thanks

seainc
09-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Try Riflegear or OC Armory.

Can an out of state FFL ship to Turners for a transfer? If so, what is the cost for such a transfer and what kind of paperwork does the FFL need to send if any. Fountain Valley location for this would be used.

thanks

SemperFlexibus
09-30-2012, 9:41 AM

thanks

Turner's has said on this forum they prefer to sell their own stock or take special order and not deal with FFL transfers.

You can call FV store and ask them directly...

Atlantaboi2012
09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
That's not a bad idea. We hope to cut all wait times- initial sale and pick-ups- drastically as we roll out our new system. Some of our stores have used numbering systems, but with mixed success. It does cut down on the confusion of who's next, but it can make customers feel rushed.

As the new system goes online, we'll take a look at ideas like yours and see what works. Thanks for the suggestion.

I went to Turners for the first time here in San Diego and it was a little hectic for a few minutes. I knew what I wanted and couldnt wait to get done with my DROS and leave..Most of the annoyance stemmed from 'knowitall" gunners just in there to get out the house and away from their wives. One guy asked to see damn near every AR on the wall..another was yapping nonstop about what guns he already had...others were in there just ready to buy and gtfo of there. I could tell the guys behind the counter have developed a thick skin because I wouldnt have the patience.The weekly sales make it worth the hassle

Napalm Bulldog
10-17-2012, 8:48 AM
IS the Remington R1 1911 enhanced being sold here in ca.

billp053
10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Nope! Not on the roster.

IS the Remington R1 1911 enhanced being sold here in ca.

Paper Boy
10-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Okay, so I found the firearm on gunbroker, would turners be willing to accept the transfer and how much would it be to do so?

PM Sent for details.

Can you also PM me as well. Same situation.

DeathByDoubleDip
10-18-2012, 4:20 PM
So my friend wants to order a Browning BL-22 and was wondering how would the breakdown of fees go, including DROS, lock, handling, etc.