PDA

View Full Version : Questions you would like to ask Turners

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

badhabit90
01-21-2012, 10:32 PM
im looking to get the Weathrby PA-459S model shotgun....do you have a price and availability?? and could you ship to my FFL? thank you for your time.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Any word on availability of CZ 75B in 9mm?
My friend put a deposit on one last week and is waiting to hear if they tracked one down so she can start the DROS.
Thanks.

CZ let us know at the show, that they were going to do a much better job of shipping product to us this year, but we are still looking at a back up of a few weeks for our current outstanding orders.

PM sent.

dphouse
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Are you having any deals on glock 26 gen 4's?

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Are these sales picked arbitrarily or do you get a manufacturer special of sorts? As much as I want this or that I know all too well that a sale WILL come down the pike....

I agree; I'm a regular at the Norwalk store, and was offered the FN assembled by Palm for $999.99, however, I'm glad I didn't get it, because it was $899.99 in this weeks ad..I would have been kind of upset if it went through.

I just try to do as much hw on the product as I can and wait it out till it drops to what I think is reasonable for me.

Items can go on sale for any number of reasons- special buy, time of year, just because, etc., but keep in mind that we will price protect you in most cases- unless otherwise noted in some types of ads- for a reasonable period of time. So if you buy something and it goes on sale within, say 30 days, we'll cover you on the lower price.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Did they have any good news?

Yes- sorry we updated this elsewhere and didn't double up here.

KSG's are on the way but it will be more like a trickle at first. We'll be getting a handful or so in the next week or so and than we'll be getting a few more additional guns on subsequent shipments but those shipments are scheduled for every 10 to 15 days until we are caught up.

And YES, we will start taking deposits again.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Is the tactical tomahawk in this weeks add available in pink?

Black only.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Why are all the Turner's stores so far south? You guys would probably make a killing if you opened a shop in Ventura or even Bakersfield or Paso Robles.

You guys have some very good deals weekly, but it's not worth it to drive four hours or so and then pay for gas.

It makes sense to me, but I am not sure what strategy goes on in the mind of the Turner's business think tank.

We are looking at two or three different areas for expansion during this year plus we plan to be online by midyear. And yes, a store north of LA is a possibility along with stores in our current operations area.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
How about an ammo express lane I waited 30 minutes for my number to be called it was number 2 it took 30 min to go from 94 to 97 all the sales guys were busy so I gave some guy my number and went a sporting good store around the corner I can't ever get in and out of your store in under 40 minutes

We'll get this solved. Our guys can easily get ammo to you while customers are filling out 4473 paperwork.

PM us with details and we'll address that.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
im looking to get the Weathrby PA-459S model shotgun....do you have a price and availability?? and could you ship to my FFL? thank you for your time.

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-23-2012, 1:24 PM
Are you having any deals on glock 26 gen 4's?

We are not doing single-shot Gen 4's, but if you're LEO we could order for you.

XDshooter
01-23-2012, 5:58 PM
We'll get this solved. Our guys can easily get ammo to you while customers are filling out 4473 paperwork.

PM us with details and we'll address that.

My experience at is that the entire DROS process is pretty clustered.

1) There should be bundles of forms ready-to-go for Handgun, Long Gun, PPT, and consignment. Put a checklist as the first page for the rep to use. That way the customer can fill everything out at once. Not one form at a time, then the rep forgets a form, says they have to go get it, etc, etc.

2) There should also be an area for filling and processing the DROS. That way people aren't all over the place and in the way of other customers perusing for guns to buy.

3) Clean up and arrange the ammo. Put all the ammo in one area, not spread out amongst the entire gun rack. Sort ammo by size not by manufacturer. Have nice easy to read tags stating the product name, quantity, and price. That way customers can see and decide before having to talk to a rep.

4) The biggest issue KEEP PRODUCTS IN STOCK. You can't sell what you don't have. Gun aside. I'm talking about non-DROS products.

RollingCode3
01-23-2012, 6:28 PM
When do you expect to receive a shipment of the new Ruger SR22 pistol in? Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-24-2012, 9:55 AM
My experience at is that the entire DROS process is pretty clustered.

1) There should be bundles of forms ready-to-go for Handgun, Long Gun, PPT, and consignment. Put a checklist as the first page for the rep to use. That way the customer can fill everything out at once. Not one form at a time, then the rep forgets a form, says they have to go get it, etc, etc.

All stores are set up that way- ppw is behind the gun counter- PM
us if your local store is not set up like that.

2) There should also be an area for filling and processing the DROS. That way people aren't all over the place and in the way of other customers perusing for guns to buy.

Depending on the store, we have multiple laptops and we utilize those areas for conducting DROS/4473. Being that we could have multiple sales and/or releases going on at once, we will overlap the gun cases- counter space is somewhat finite and at peak times it's not unusual for folks to need to share a bit of space.

3) Clean up and arrange the ammo. Put all the ammo in one area, not spread out amongst the entire gun rack. Sort ammo by size not by manufacturer. Have nice easy to read tags stating the product name, quantity, and price. That way customers can see and decide before having to talk to a rep.

Agreed, we'll be updating tagging as our new system begins to roll out shortly.

4) The biggest issue KEEP PRODUCTS IN STOCK. You can't sell what you don't have ...

Agreed; we only make money when you buy stuff...

We have an entire year's worth of orders written for most gun, ammo and general shooting lines and already submitted to factories, as we do every year between November and January. We expect this year to be as big as last year, which means we'll be hammering them to keep up on orders so that we don't run out.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-24-2012, 9:55 AM
When do you expect to receive a shipment of the new Ruger SR22 pistol in? Thanks

Imminently... SR22 and LCR-22's should be here soon.

Mac7504
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Not a question...

Finally got to pick up my M4 yesterdayÖ!!!

Shout out to Jesse at Norwalk Turners for taking the time to go over ever part of the rifle with me and teaching me some essential field stripping techniques and what to lookout for; best 40 mins ever! (Store was empty so I didnít take any of your precious time)! Lol.

Also, gave me some nice tips with regards to thumbs the safety on as I lower the rifle, and off as I raise it; I thought it was a very good practice to get use to. Customer service at itís best!

I donít want to double post, so Iíll post another thread Iíve got going as well, w/ pics.

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=526987

Mac7504
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Are we (Turners, CA) getting any P238 Scorpions .380 acp? By SIG irrc?

SwiftWiz
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Not a question...

Finally got to pick up my M4 yesterdayÖ!!!

Shout out to Jesse at Norwalk Turners for taking the time to go over ever part of the rifle with me and teaching me some essential field stripping techniques and what to lookout for; best 40 mins ever! (Store was empty so I didnít take any of your precious time)! Lol.

Also, gave me some nice tips with regards to thumbs the safety on as I lower the rifle, and off as I raise it; I thought it was a very good practice to get use to. Customer service at itís best!

I donít want to double post, so Iíll post another thread Iíve got going as well, w/ pics.

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=526987

Great guy. He did the same with me when I bought my 1911 from him. He even took the time to show me how to field strip it.:cool2:

fit1977
01-25-2012, 7:18 AM
Did you stop the Wednesday specials? I stopped receiving the emails a while ago.

FIT

dougolupski
01-25-2012, 7:27 AM
Nope they still do them. It was 250.00 off an LMT AR-15 and hydra shock 357 mag ammo for 19.98.

Ricky-Ray
01-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Did you stop the Wednesday specials? I stopped receiving the emails a while ago.

FIT

Check your spam box or just head back to Turner's website and signup again for the Wednesday special. I got the email yesterday.

Mac7504
01-25-2012, 1:30 PM
Great guy. He did the same with me when I bought my 1911 from him. He even took the time to show me how to field strip it.:cool2:

I've heard great things about him, and they were all true (my first time working with him)...

Mac7504
01-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Are we (Turners, CA) getting any P238 Scorpions .380 acp? By SIG irrc?

Bumpy

winnre
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
With my C&R and COE can I buy more than one new gun in 30 days from Turner's? CA says yes but store policy is a different thing at times.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-26-2012, 2:41 PM
Bumpy

Not on the DOJ list; doesn't look like it has mag disconnect or chamber loaded indicator so not likely either.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-26-2012, 2:42 PM
With my C&R and COE can I buy more than one new gun in 30 days from Turner's? CA says yes but store policy is a different thing at times.

We have someone working on that...

PM sent.

Mac7504
01-26-2012, 3:19 PM
Not on the DOJ list; doesn't look like it has mag disconnect or chamber loaded indicator so not likely either.

Awe man...I'm might have to look into a SSE...sigh.

h0use
01-26-2012, 4:12 PM
I am plaing on buying a few handguns next month at your san marcos store and I have a COE will you guys take this so i can dros both handguns?

dougolupski
01-26-2012, 8:07 PM
Ok I will be the whiner that asks this week. Are we going to get a Calguns only special?

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-27-2012, 6:47 AM
I am plaing on buying a few handguns next month at your san marcos store and I have a COE will you guys take this so i can dros both handguns?

PM sent...

sd_fox_racer
01-28-2012, 12:24 AM
just curious if there is a problem that comes up during the DROS do you call the customer as soon as you find out? or do you guys wait till they come in after the 10 days?

emgee00
01-28-2012, 8:37 AM

PM sent...

Is this even possible?

Tee Why
01-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I see Turners always having the Rock Island Armory GI and Tactical 1911, do they have any 1911 Match models?
Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-29-2012, 2:02 PM
just curious if there is a problem that comes up during the DROS do you call the customer as soon as you find out? or do you guys wait till they come in after the 10 days?

We generally call beforehand; surprises are not enjoyable.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-29-2012, 2:08 PM
Is this even possible?

Seemingly yes... PM sent

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-29-2012, 2:16 PM
I see Turners always having the Rock Island Armory GI and Tactical 1911, do they have any 1911 Match models?
Thanks.

They have a "Match" and a "Target" models listed on the DOJ handgun list; contact your local Turner's for pricing info and availability.

winnre
01-30-2012, 3:11 PM
Does the guy who does your web page know a gun from a knife from a bowling ball?

Right now at this second there is a description: "Excam/tanfoglio TA 90 9mm Revolver" at the KM store for $400. But it is a semi-auto. You can look at the picture and see that!

http://www.turners.com/shop/gunlisting.php

In the past I have seen bolt action shotguns and a pump 30-06, obvious errors, but they still squeak by.

inosaris
01-30-2012, 4:19 PM
What do you guys usually have the CZ SP-01's priced at? Do they ever go on sale?

Magnum Johnson
01-30-2012, 4:34 PM
Instead of crying about it why not just give the guys over at the store a call and let them know they have an error?

Does the guy who does your web page know a gun from a knife from a bowling ball?

Right now at this second there is a description: "Excam/tanfoglio TA 90 9mm Revolver" at the KM store for $400. But it is a semi-auto. You can look at the picture and see that!

In the past I have seen bolt action shotguns and a pump 30-06, obvious errors, but they still squeak by.

Matt1984
01-30-2012, 7:09 PM
Hi I have a quick question. I ordered a sig p2022 .40 cal.with night sights and free laser. I placed the deposit in late December for the item, since it was on back order at the chino hills store. I was wondering if you might know when they will be available. Thank you for your help.

-Matt

Mac7504
01-30-2012, 9:59 PM
Hi I have a quick question. I ordered a sig p2022 .40 cal.with night sights and free laser. I placed the deposit in late December for the item, since it was on back order at the chino hills store. I was wondering if you might know when they will be available. Thank you for your help.

-Matt

Funny, i was looking at the same gun but in 9mm....didnt know about the laser freebie..was that from the holiday catalog ?

Matt1984
01-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Funny, i was looking at the same gun but in 9mm....didnt know about the laser freebie..was that from the holiday catalog ?

Yup it was in the holiday catalog....so I totally understand about being on backorder just don't want to think about the ten days on top of that.:(

pchavez
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Any idea when we can expect a $65 stripped lower in the specials again? Itching to build another :D

Ricky-Ray
01-30-2012, 11:07 PM

-Matt

Don't feel bad. I have a deposit on one of thei AR lower's from the holiday catalog and I still haven't gotten the call that it's in yet.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-31-2012, 5:11 PM

It's not our web guy at all. The stores put these up and they have a "drop-down" menu for "Revolver", "Pistol", etc. They must have "flinched" and grabbed the wrong one ... or they were just testing you ...:43:

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-31-2012, 5:12 PM
What do you guys usually have the CZ SP-01's priced at? Do they ever go on sale?

SP-01's like all CZ's are tough to get right now. Contact your local Turner's for current price and availability. CZ has communicated that they will start shipping us more guns soon and do a better job of shipping over the next few months.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-31-2012, 5:14 PM

-Matt

Sig owes us about 30 for deposits for these; we have orders placed for those and we wrote a whole year's worth of orders that Sig has in-house. We expect that they will catch up shortly and get these out to us.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-31-2012, 5:16 PM

That was from the flyer but we've locked the deal in for future ads. Once they catch up, watch for more pistol/laser combo sales.

Yup it was in the holiday catalog....so I totally understand about being on backorder just don't want to think about the ten days on top of that.:(

Yep, it's tough. One we have serial numbers, we'll call so that you can start your 10-day.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-31-2012, 5:20 PM
Any idea when we can expect a $65 stripped lower in the specials again? Itching to build another :D

We'll have some more really well priced lowers in stock in shortly that are a step above in quality but still really inexpensive, from someone CGN guys know well.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-31-2012, 5:22 PM
Don't feel bad. I have a deposit on one of thei AR lower's from the holiday catalog and I still haven't gotten the call that it's in yet.

PM sent.

inosaris
02-02-2012, 1:14 AM
SP-01's like all CZ's are tough to get right now. Contact your local Turner's for current price and availability. CZ has communicated that they will start shipping us more guns soon and do a better job of shipping over the next few months.

Thanks for the quick response! Spoke to Alex? at the Torrance store, he stated $715 to "special order one and check for compliance" ...$55 above MSRP. Maybe when they do start coming in over the next few months there could be more competitive pricing?

LBDamned
02-02-2012, 7:11 AM
What is the expiration of the LAX Range coupon for 10% off gun purchase at Turners?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the quick response! Spoke to Alex? at the Torrance store, he stated $715 to "special order one and check for compliance" ...$55 above MSRP. Maybe when they do start coming in over the next few months there could be more competitive pricing?

That quote is way too high .... they are on the DOJ list and our price should be in the $650 range...

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-02-2012, 12:11 PM
What is the expiration of the LAX Range coupon for 10% off gun purchase at Turners?

Those coupons are available at LAX Range on Saturday, Feb. 4, only (NO COPIES, NO E-MAILS, etc.) and are good through Feb. 14.

cdmcdoug
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I just got the Turner's ad for tomorrow and the Colt LE6920CA is on sale for $1199.98.

What is the difference between the LE6920CA and the SP6920CA?
Why does Turner's MSRP say $1249 and galleryofguns.com's MSRP say $1185?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-02-2012, 1:13 PM
I just got the Turner's ad for tomorrow and the Colt LE6920CA is on sale for $1199.98.

What is the difference between the LE6920CA and the SP6920CA?
Why does Turner's MSRP say $1249 and galleryofguns.com's MSRP say $1185?

"LE" and "SP" are Colt's are two different pre-fixes that Colt is using for the same gun. They started shipping CA guns with the SP pre-fix and said they would change to the LE but we just got more of the former. The guns are all marked as M4 carbines.

... don't know what to tell you about online pricing or "MSRP" for online folks. (Did notice, though, that they had none in stock...)

cdmcdoug
02-02-2012, 1:27 PM
"LE" and "SP" are Colt's are two different pre-fixes that Colt is using for the same gun. They started shipping CA guns with the SP pre-fix and said they would change to the LE but we just got more of the former. The guns are all marked as M4 carbines.

... don't what to tell you about online pricing or "MSRP" for online folks. (Did notice, though, that they had none in stock...)

Thanks for the info. Can I get it today at that price? Are they in stock at the Chino Hills store?

joash
02-02-2012, 1:33 PM
How about some ready made low cost (Del-Ton) featureless ARs and featureless AKs?

Also Saiga 12?

When I went to pick up my last purchase, I had to wait more than an hour, which really sucked.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-02-2012, 1:53 PM
Thanks for the info. Can I get it today at that price? Are they in stock at the Chino Hills store?

We usually don't allow "early" ad pricing because it's unfair to run an ad with a start date and then offer the price early- especially when a lot of our ads feature hard to get items or great prices and/or in light of the fact that there are still times that folks feel we don't have enough ad items in stock.

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-02-2012, 2:25 PM
How about some ready made low cost (Del-Ton) featureless ARs and featureless AKs?

Also Saiga 12?

When I went to pick up my last purchase, I had to wait more than hour, which really sucked.

We'll have Saigas- rifles and shotguns- soon. We don't have any plans to carry "featureless" AR's.

Napalm Bulldog
02-02-2012, 3:33 PM
Do you guys know if we are going to be able to get the new Sig 1911 traditional models here in CA? Saw a video and they are making them in .45, 40 and 9mm. Very interested in one.

joash
02-02-2012, 6:14 PM
How about featureless AK's that accept AK mags?

What about an AK underfolder with a bullet button?

cdmcdoug
02-05-2012, 2:16 PM
Is Turner's going to have another special on the S&M M&P15 Sport? If not, how much are they selling for now?

Mac7504
02-06-2012, 2:03 PM
Sad day at Norwalk Turner's store: Went in yesterday to pick up a few things and checkout a S&W 686P and Kimber 1911, but was sad to see the implementation of a number system...sigh.

I hope I don't feel like cattle (like I do at Ammo Bros.)...

I do, however, understand that they do need it (been getting more and more folks at the counters and its harder to track who is next)...:nopity:

Akers
02-06-2012, 2:08 PM
We usually don't allow "early" ad pricing because it's unfair to run an ad with a start date and then offer the price early- especially when a lot of our ads feature hard to get items or great prices and/or in light of the fact that there are still times that folks feel we don't have enough ad items in stock.

PM sent.

And often times I have realized that Turner's in KM doesn't even have a supply to support the current ad when it hits the shelf. :rant:

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-06-2012, 2:56 PM
Do you guys know if we are going to be able to get the new Sig 1911 traditional models here in CA? Saw a video and they are making them in .45, 40 and 9mm. Very interested in one.

If they can pull off the "similar" or "also-listed" trick than yes- adding them to the list as a direct copy (except for allowable changes) of something else on the list.

If not, then likely not because they'd have to employ a mag safety and the loaded chamber indicator.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-06-2012, 3:15 PM
How about featureless AK's that accept AK mags?

What about an AK underfolder with a bullet button?

Straight-stocked AK's, likely.

Most AK underfolders we saw were less than 30". Is there one you had in mind with a longer barrel that wouldn't be called an AW?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-06-2012, 3:18 PM
Is Turner's going to have another special on the S&M M&P15 Sport? If not, how much are they selling for now?

Reg. is $699.98, Sale is $659.98. S&W raised the price mid-fall so $599.98 is history.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-06-2012, 3:20 PM
And often times I have realized that Turner's in KM doesn't even have a supply to support the current ad when it hits the shelf. :rant:

We hear you; we've written orders with factories for entire year's worth of product in order to bolster our inventory. Last year was busy to say the least; nothing indicates that this year will be any different with respect to high demand.

joash
02-06-2012, 5:54 PM
Straight-stocked AK's, likely.

Most AK underfolders we saw were less than 30". Is there one you had in mind with a longer barrel that wouldn't be called an AW?

For a large retailer like Turner's you could easily order one with a slightly longer barrel or flash hider.

Same goes for featureless AKs.

LBDamned
02-06-2012, 5:58 PM
Sad day at Norwalk Turner's store: Went in yesterday to pick up a few things and checkout a S&W 686P and Kimber 1911, but was sad to see the implementation of a number system...sigh.

I hope I don't feel like cattle (like I do at Ammo Bros.)...

I do, however, understand that they do need it (been getting more and more folks at the counters and its harder to track who is next)...:nopity:

I don't know how that could possibly be a sad thing... I think the number system is a great thing!

IMO, gathering around the counter with no order is more like cattle... at least with a number system there's some order and you dont have to jockey for position (or remind the guy next to you that you were there first).

Kudos Norwalk! Right move :)

joash
02-06-2012, 6:00 PM
How about converted Saiga 12s? I bet they'd sell fast!

joash
02-06-2012, 6:08 PM
I don't know how that could possibly be a sad thing... I think the number system is a great thing!

IMO, gathering around the counter with no order is more like cattle... at least with a number system there's some order and you dont have to jockey for position (or remind the guy next to you that you were there first).

Reseda has the number system and last time I was there, I had to wait for more than an hour for my number to be called.

ke6guj
02-06-2012, 8:02 PM
Reseda has the number system and last time I was there, I had to wait for more than an hour for my number to be called.

and even if they didn't have a number system, you'd still have had to wait more than a hour, unless you cut past the people already waiting to be helped.

joash
02-06-2012, 9:56 PM
Maybe they need more than one line to separate out people who are buying, picking up and those just asking questions, same as at the post office where they take you out of order for certain quick transactions.

Brandon04GT
02-07-2012, 8:06 AM
This is not a great big deal but I just picked up my XD last night and noticed on the box that Turner's stuck my name tag/customer info sticker directly over the factory sticker that shows the barcode/model #/serial #. I tried to remove it but wasn't able to because it was tearing off that factory sticker as well. It would be nicer if Turner's stuck customer tags somewhere else on the box.

LBDamned
02-07-2012, 8:11 AM
and even if they didn't have a number system, you'd still have had to wait more than a hour, unless you cut past the people already waiting to be helped.

Exactly. A number system isn't going to cause more delays - an hour wait is an hour wait, number system or not.

A seperate ammo/knife/optic section would probably help... it sucks waiting for a gun lookie-loo when you just need a few boxes of ammo or want to check out a knife.

Mac7504
02-07-2012, 10:23 AM

LOL, was mostly a joke; but I'm the guy that gets moved in front of other folks anyway,:p know why - they know I'm buying...

There's no jocking for position for me BTW...I still didn't use it, one of the salesmen (Wayne) saw me, and called me right over...:balloon::seeya: (Don't know if others were in line or not).

Well, I guess now I get to pull a number a look around a bit more.

winnre
02-07-2012, 11:09 AM
I HATE LOSING MY PLACE IN LINE WILE I AM BEING SERVED!

I went to the RC store to get my 9mm yesterday. Go to the counter, they check the forms, give you a paper to take to the register, then back to the country to claim your gun. Except I get back to the counter, just hand me my dang gun, but no, you decide to talk to a guy about gun oils, and you tell me to wait a second, then you walk the guy over to the cleaning section and start selling.

Come on dude! We only have five more seconds of business to conduct! Don't make me go to the end of the freaking line! And the other salesmen? They walk right by me because I am not their customer.

The cashier ended up coming back and helping me, the same person who cleared the gun at the register. I'd rather the salesman himself walk the paperwork to the register so that I can stay the course. instead I get out of line to get clearance at the register and lose my place.

This has happened before and now I can see it is NOT a fluke, it's the way you work. I disagree with it. I was here first, just excuse yourself from the new customer and say "Just one second please, let me finish up with the gentleman who was here before you." I'm sure it would be that easy!

/rant off.

Mac7504
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I HATE LOSING MY PLACE IN LINE WILE I AM BEING SERVED!

I went to the RC store to get my 9mm yesterday. Go to the counter, they check the forms, give you a paper to take to the register, then back to the country to claim your gun. Except I get back to the counter, just hand me my dang gun, but no, you decide to talk to a guy about gun oils, and you tell me to wait a second, then you walk the guy over to the cleaning section and start selling.

Come on dude! We only have five more seconds of business to conduct! Don't make me go to the end of the freaking line! And the other salesmen? They walk right by me because I am not their customer.

The cashier ended up coming back and helping me, the same person who cleared the gun at the register. I'd rather the salesman himself walk the paperwork to the register so that I can stay the course. instead I get out of line to get clearance at the register and lose my place.

This has happened before and now I can see it is NOT a fluke, it's the way you work. I disagree with it. I was here first, just excuse yourself from the new customer and say "Just one second please, let me finish up with the gentleman who was here before you." I'm sure it would be that easy!

/rant off.

While I've not had that issue, I really like that idea...I mean, they do have to wait for us to get back to the counter anyway, why not just take the paperwork and finish up the transaction - agreed.

aamay1986
02-07-2012, 2:34 PM
When is Turners having the wasr 10 with the double stack mags on sale again? And what would be the cost, special and reg price?

AeroEngi
02-07-2012, 6:28 PM
Any plans on having the Sig SP2022 in 9mm with night sights on sale any time soon?

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-08-2012, 10:19 AM
When is Turners having the wasr 10 with the double stack mags on sale again? And what would be the cost, special and reg price?

We have some deposits to fill first, before we can run them on sale again.

Any plans on having the Sig SP2022 in 9mm with night sights on sale any time soon?

Thanks.

Ditto- Sig owes us guns from our prior ads; we have them backlogged pretty heavy. Once we have enough guns to clear those deposits and enough additional guns for an ad, we'll run them. BTW, we'll have the free laser deal throughout the year on SP2022's.

Mac7504
02-08-2012, 10:45 AM

Ditto- Sig owes us guns from our prior ads; we have them backlogged pretty heavy. Once we have enough guns to clear those deposits and enough additional guns for an ad, we'll run them. BTW, we'll have the free laser deal throughout the year on SP2022's.

This is great news. I've been holding off on a 9 just for this unit; the laser deal is not bad to hear either... : ))

Hope to see some Diamond back units... : ))

AeroEngi
02-08-2012, 10:50 AM

Cool...thanks for the quick response! I'll be checking the sale catalog frequently.

glowinthedark
02-08-2012, 2:47 PM
Hello I put a deposit a couple months back on a wasr 10 single stack. Any update on the shipment?

Mac7504
02-08-2012, 4:08 PM
Will there be any FNX-9 in (By FNH USA)?

I believe it has replaced the FNP-9...???

CDC54
02-09-2012, 6:52 AM
What's the price for the 7.62x54r ammo cans of 440 rounds ?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-09-2012, 8:54 AM
Hello I put a deposit a couple months back on a wasr 10 single stack. Any update on the shipment?

We are bugging them a couple of times a week on WASR's both singles and doubles. They owe us plenty of both.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-09-2012, 9:23 AM
Will there be any FNX-9 in (By FNH USA)?

I believe it has replaced the FNP-9...???

Remember, new centerfire semi-auto handguns can be added to the approved list one of two ways.

The first is that they can be added as "similar" models to handguns already on the list provided that the differences between the new model and the existing model are mostly cosmetic, as opposed to functional changes, size differences, etc.

New models can be added outright, if the new pistols have a magazine safety disconnect and loaded chamber indicator. Rimfire pistols (the SR22 for example) only need to have one or the other.

In this case the gun would have to be the same as the FNP except for cosmetics. If it gets added, we'll carry it.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-09-2012, 9:25 AM
What is your price and layaway plan for the Colt LE6920CA?

Thanks in advance...

A 30% deposit will hold a gun for 30 days. Contact the Turner's nearest you for up to date availability and pricing.

What's the price for the 7.62x54r ammo cans of 440 rounds ?

Contact your nearest Turner's for pricing and availability on that ammo.

Mac7504
02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Remember, new centerfire semi-auto handguns can be added to the approved list one of two ways.

The first is that they can be added as "similar" models to handguns already on the list provided that the differences between the new model and the existing model are mostly cosmetic, as opposed to functional changes, size differences, etc.

New models can be added outright, if the new pistols have a magazine safety disconnect and loaded chamber indicator. Rimfire pistols (the SR22 for example) only need to have one or the other.

In this case the gun would have to be the same as the FNP except for cosmetics. If it gets added, we'll carry it.

Doh' I forgot about that lil thing called the law (our DOJ approved list)...I just see something new, get exicited, and inquire before thinking...:facepalm:. I'll remember this next time before asking. :o

GMANtt
02-10-2012, 2:30 PM
Do you carry Walther P22s? If so, what would it run me.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-10-2012, 3:08 PM
Do you carry Walther P22s? If so, what would it run me.

We can order any of the P22's that are on the DOJ list. We carry one or two models but there are another 5 or 6 that we can order for you. Contact your nearest Turner's for up to date price and availability.

larryis1
02-10-2012, 5:10 PM
Do you have any planned upcoming sales on the Glock 19? If so, when?

richard310
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Will a copy of my utility bill or lease agreement work for proof of residency? I can't seem to find the original but I do have a copy of it.

LBDamned
02-12-2012, 2:15 AM
Will a copy of a utility bill or lease agreement work for proof of residency? I can't seem to find the original but I do have a copy of it.

^^^ at the risk of being too legally analytical, you should rephrase the question so it indicates the utility bill or lease agreement is "yours" (as in "a copy of my utility bill or lease agreement")... the way it's presently stated, Turners would be foolish to say "yes" - because you could walk in with my (or anyone else') documents. Of course that doesnt mean you'd have legal grounds to justify the use... just sayin'

Oh, btw, the utility bill has to be issued by the county (SCE or property manager wont work)... and a copy of "your" lease agreement indicating physical address should be sufficient (that's what I use). But of course you should wait for Turners to respond.

More to your point - copies are accepted (at least they have been from me). In fact, I usually forget to tell them its a copy for them and they make a copy of the copy I gave...

Cokebottle
02-12-2012, 2:32 AM
Oh, btw, the utility bill has to be issued by the county (SCE or property manager wont work).
Incorrect.

As part of the DROS process, the buyer must present "clear evidence of identity and age" which is defined as a valid, non-expired California Driver's License or Identification Card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. A military identification accompanied by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California is also acceptable.

If the buyer is not a U.S. Citizen, then he or she is required to demonstrate that he or she is legally within the United States by providing to the firearms dealer with documentation that contains his/her Alien Registration Number or I-94 Number.

Purchasers of handguns are also required to provide proof of California residency, such as a utility bill, residential lease, property deed, or government-issued identification (other than a drivers license or other DMV-issued identification). (PC Section 12071)

Utility bill does not have to be government-issued. Many FFLS are confused on this and mistakenly inform their customers that is the case, but it is NOT a legal requirement.
SCE, SoCal Gas, PG&E, Metropolitan Water, Verizon (landline only), GTE (landline only), etc... they are all acceptable. Cell phone bills are not acceptable... the DOJ wants a physical connection to the property.

If none of the above are available, then a government-issued ID is acceptable other than the DL or other DMV-issued ID.
Personally, I've always used my DL and vehicle registration for handguns. The vehicle registration is not considered "DMV-issued ID"

LBDamned
02-12-2012, 2:56 AM
Incorrect.

Utility bill does not have to be government-issued. Many FFLS are confused on this and mistakenly inform their customers that is the case, but it is NOT a legal requirement.
SCE, SoCal Gas, PG&E, Metropolitan Water, Verizon (landline only), GTE (landline only), etc... they are all acceptable. Cell phone bills are not acceptable... the DOJ wants a physical connection to the property.

If none of the above are available, then a government-issued ID is acceptable other than the DL or other DMV-issued ID.
Personally, I've always used my DL and vehicle registration for handguns. The vehicle registration is not considered "DMV-issued ID"
you are correct - I mistakenly considered my past situations... my driver's license and registration have mailing address (which is/was a PO Box) - physical address is required and only a government issued document suffices... first question FFL (all of 'em) always asks is "utility bill" - since SCE isnt gvnmnt they never accept it.

So yes, if you have some other government issued ID, such as document from DMV, then it wont be an issue.

Having a PO Box is the biggest pita ever! Especially now that they dont accept DMV brown card (change of address)... typical of most other CA goofy laws it makes no sense. I can live in a house today, present a license with that address to tomorrow, move to a new address the following day and get a gun. But if I have the same PO Box for 10 years I have to jump through hoops.

richard310
02-13-2012, 2:37 AM
I've read a many instances where that has happened but they do need it to be an actual hardline to the actual address whether its gas, electrical, or even trash bill. I just wanted to know whether a copy of either my utility bill or lease agreement should be okay. Thanks for the inpt though guys.

brptrailrider
02-13-2012, 7:56 AM

I agree. Good move.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Do you have any planned upcoming sales on the Glock 19? If so, when?

We'll have something coming in early to mid-March and then again when we have Glock in our spring flyer.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Will a copy of my utility bill or lease agreement work for proof of residency? I can't seem to find the original but I do have a copy of it.

Utility bills and/or lease agreements in your name (or joint) will work for CA handgun residency proof.

Incorrect.

Agree, relative to CA handgun residency; utilities can be public or private.

The confusion you cite likely comes from the fact that ATF regs require that the address on your CDL or CID match the address used for the 4473.

If your current address is not printed on your CDL, ATF does allow the use of alternate documentation in the form of "government issued" documents. Lacking specific definition of what constitutes a "document"- bills issued by government/municipal utilities would seemingly meet that requirement.

Perhaps some FFL's are bringing mashing these two distinct requirements and asking that the utility bill for CA handgun residency be from a govt. utility.

Matt1984
02-13-2012, 1:10 PM
Hi just wondering if their was an updated status for those of us waiting on those backordered sigs from December. Thank you

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-13-2012, 4:28 PM
Hi just wondering if their was an updated status for those of us waiting on those backordered sigs from December. Thank you

They told us about 10 days ago that they were shipping us .40 S&W nite sight models, but they are not here yet.

PM sent.

ledman
02-14-2012, 9:59 PM
I have been a Turner's customer for about 8 years now. Fred over in Orange is my "go to guy" as he does know his stuff and he's a really nice guy to boot! I have bought several handguns and rifles from the Orange store over the years and have never been dissapointed with my purchases.

My question is...is there any way to set up an area just to do DROS/PPT's OTHER Than on the gun display cases?

My issue is, and I know other customers there have agreed with me...that the display counter is covered with DROS paperwork, and people buying guns blocking the display cases and access to see the rifles and ammo behind the counter...that is great for Tuners in a way...
BUT...for us guys and gals trying to see into the display cases and behind the counter...it's a little akward, to say the least, trying to look between some dudes legs while he is being asked if he has ever been instutionalized in a mental hospital!

To say the least, and I feel like I am evesdropping on them, and it makes me not want to look at the guns and makes customers uncomfortable having people lurking around behind them while they are purchasing their weapon of choice.

If there was an area in the store that could be better utilized, and I know that allot of stoes do not have allot of room, but, I do see un-used space...like the fishing counter...no one is EVER there...do the DROS there, or over the knife case or something, but some more privacy for the buyers would be great too as they are being asked some personal questions, and it would also to open up the display cases for more perspective buyers, it would do allot of good to put some people more at ease, I beleive. Any thoughts on this?
Talk to the big honcho's about it?
I know the computers are there behind the counter that you use do to the DROS and it just makes it convienient to do it all right there...but an actual DROS/PPT station that is seperate from the actual display counter would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Turner's Customer,
Mike

Brandon04GT
02-15-2012, 4:32 PM
So are PPTs $40 now? I was at the Reseda location yesterday and overheard a Turners rep tell people that PPT's "can be no more than $40 as required by law."

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-15-2012, 6:11 PM
So are PPTs $40 now? I was at the Reseda location yesterday and overheard a Turners rep tell people that PPT's "can be no more than $40 as required by law."

No, nothing has changed- $35.

XDshooter
02-15-2012, 7:51 PM
No, nothing has changed- $35.

BUT, doesn't Turner's charge a $5 handling fee? So, that makes it $40.

ke6guj
02-15-2012, 7:59 PM
BUT, doesn't Turner's charge a $5 handling fee? So, that makes it $40.

Turner's charges a $5 dealer fee on standard dealer sales, so it is $25 DROS + $5 dealer fee, $30 total. They charge a $10 dealer fee on PPT transfers, so it is $25 DROS + $10 dealer, $35 total.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-15-2012, 8:31 PM
Thank you, Jack.

GMANtt
02-15-2012, 8:44 PM
Do you carry the Beretta PX4 and are you able to special order different "Types" on it? If so how much would the special order charge be.

ledman
02-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Any thoughts on my question/suggestion above?:cool:

DLANOD_C7U
02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Any deals on a Sig 522? Making it down to the SoCal area and wanna go back home with one ;)

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Do you carry the Beretta PX4 and are you able to special order different "Types" on it? If so how much would the special order charge be.

We try (depending on shipments) to stock the PX4 in 9 and 40. Both F and G variants on on the DOJ list; we can order either one for you. Please contact your local Turner's for price and availability.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Any thoughts on my question/suggestion above?:cool:

You're correct that our counter space is limited at times. We have been quite busy, month after month, for some time now, and given the current demand for guns, that won't likely change.

That said, we also have limited space in general in most stores so it will be a bit tough at times for the folks browsing (or holding numbers) to window shop while we attend to folks who are already in the buying/picking up process.

In stores (San Bernardino, for example) where the fishing/gun counters are adjacent, we can spread things out a bit. But in stores where things are on opposite side of the store, throwing the sales/DROS/pick-up folks to the other side of the store creates even bigger issues.

Our new system is running in a couple of stores and our warehouse and will be rolled out in all stores by the end of March. That will move things along much faster (as well as eliminate the 2 hour PPT misery ...) and that should make a difference as well.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Any deals on a Sig 522? Making it down to the SoCal area and wanna go back home with one ;)

Sorry, not at the current time...

GMANtt
02-17-2012, 8:58 AM
Did GLOCK resolve the issue with their Gen 4s? I'm heading to turners after work to purchase a G22 but I dont want to deal with the voluntary recall that could ensue after my purchase.

dougolupski
02-17-2012, 9:02 AM
As far as I have heard and seen yes. The Gen 4 is not on the CA DOJ list. So you have to do a single shot excemption which I dont think Turners has the correct FFL license.

GMANtt
02-17-2012, 9:14 AM
God I hate California.

So if I see Glocks at gun stores what gen are they? I'm a little confused on all this roster / off roster stuff.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-17-2012, 9:36 AM
As far as I have heard and seen yes. The Gen 4 is not on the CA DOJ list. So you have to do a single shot excemption which I dont think Turners has the correct FFL license.

We don't have to have a mfg license to sell single shots, but we would if we wanted to mfg them.

There is huge advantage for dealers who do- they cut out another middleman who adds cost to the gun- but they also incur a new and equally large part of the product liability.

God I hate California.

So if I see Glocks at gun stores what gen are they? I'm a little confused on all this roster / off roster stuff.

The Glocks that can be sold in CA are Gen 3; unless they are single shot or for LEO.

In order for Gen 4's to be added to the DOJ list, Glock would have to add a mag safety and loaded chamber indicator or they would have to convince DOJ that the differences between the two Gen's are cosmetic. If so the Gen 4's could be added without the mag safety or loaded chamber gizmo.

Gen 4's can also be sold as single shots with the addition of a very long barrel that meets/exceeds the 10" overall length requirement and with a single shot sled. Once the dealer has sold the gun to the consumer, it is legal for the consumer to replace the long barrel with a stock barrel and remove the single shot sled.

LEO's are exempt from the list... as are the folks they may PPT those guns to ...

GMANtt
02-17-2012, 9:41 AM
I see. Same reason why the PPQ isn't available for sale.

Gen 3 G22's are the problem free ones?

dougolupski
02-17-2012, 9:47 AM
Yes
or get the G17 RTF like I have:D

Saw Turners has them for 499.00 on the discontinued guns list.

GMANtt
02-17-2012, 9:56 AM
Hmm seems tempting I already have a 9mm though wanted to get familiar with a 40

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-17-2012, 10:06 AM
I see. Same reason why the PPQ isn't available for sale.

Gen 3 G22's are the problem free ones?

As we just posted elsewhere, we move quite a few Glocks and we're not hearing or seeing anything from our Glock-owning customers. From Glock's perspective, Gen 4 spring replacements for little guns aside, nothing seems to be brewing on their side either.

clbshooter
02-17-2012, 11:03 AM
In your Calgun special for the Ruger SR-22 you said that our price would be better than the regular sale price. Imagine my surprise when I got the U-T this morning and it is/was the same. Am I missing something or is my eyesight getting bad. Not trying to give you a hard time just trying to figure this out.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
In your Calgun special for the Ruger SR-22 you said that our price would be better than the regular sale price. Imagine my surprise when I got the U-T this morning and it is/was the same. Am I missing something or is my eyesight getting bad. Not trying to give you a hard time just trying to figure this out.

Yep, you've missed something .... :oji:, no worries :).

This post from the SR22 CGN special thread-

These will be in this week's Ruger Day's ad. The CGN special was intended to give CGN folks a head start much like we did with the Colt's. In this case though, it looks like we'll carry that price over into the ad so anyone that missed it will still be good at the preview price.

Originally we had the intention of saving CGN folks a few bucks more than our sale price. But given the response to this gun we carried the sale price forward for everyone- CGN folks who missed the special and everyone in general.

Depending on the gun or item, some CGN specials will be cheaper just for CGN folks, while other specials will be the same price, but CGN members get the first shot at it.

clbshooter
02-17-2012, 1:12 PM
Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

chris_m90731
02-17-2012, 1:22 PM
Why, after 60 days of selling my consignment Ruger Super Blackhawk, have you yet to cut me a check? I've had nothing but problems with their consignment program. Save your time & money--go through Calguns.

indobos72
02-17-2012, 1:22 PM
Any word on getting Saiga rifles?

We're working on it....

Should I start a new thread to keep track of this? Or do I need to keep an eye on this thread?:whistling:

We'll announce it in a separate thread when we have things squared away.

Any word yet on this? Not wanting to go elsewhere if you have a time frame yet.

Thanks,

kalaca
02-17-2012, 8:31 PM
any s&w mp15 going on sale, tax return burning in my pockets!!and do u guys price matc!

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Why, after 60 days of selling my consignment Ruger Super Blackhawk, have you yet to cut me a check? I've had nothing but problems with their consignment program. Save your time & money--go through Calguns.

Agreed- PM sent so that we can see what's going on with it.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Any word yet on this? Not wanting to go elsewhere if you have a time frame yet.

Thanks,

These are ordered on our side, but backordered with our distributor. They told us they should be here in a 1-3 weeks.

winnre
02-20-2012, 10:20 AM
My Turner's dropped the ball on a special order. They told me it was going to be a six month wait to get the firearm that I want, so they gave up. Can I not pay up front and wait six months? Or is your system not set up for such a long manufacturer wait and you will lose money or something?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 10:22 AM
any s&w mp15 going on sale, tax return burning in my pockets!!and do u guys price matc!

Not right now and nothing in the next few weeks.

As for price matching, contact your local Turner's with the price or ad that you're asking us to take a look at. If it's a local competitor and the gun is in stock, we're likely to match that verified price.

badhabit90
02-20-2012, 10:23 AM
looking for the Springfield Armory XDm competition 5.25'' 9mm.....can you order and ship to my FFL?? i am LEO... thank you in advance.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 10:24 AM
My Turner's dropped the ball on a special order. They told me it was going to be a six month wait to get the firearm that I want, so they gave up. Can I not pay up front and wait six months? Or is your system not set up for such a long manufacturer wait and you will lose money or something?

PM sent for some details.
Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
looking for the Springfield Armory XDm competition 5.25'' 9mm.....can you order and ship to my FFL?? i am LEO... thank you in advance.

PM sent.

badhabit90
02-20-2012, 12:49 PM
PM sent.

??? NEVER RECEIVED... :confused:

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
??? NEVER RECEIVED... :confused:

Sorry, had multiple windows open at once, logged off of one, killed the PM send on the others.... doh ...

badhabit90
02-20-2012, 9:40 PM
Sorry, had multiple windows open at once, logged off of one, killed the PM send on the others.... doh ...

:facepalm: :p

hahahah....ahh well things happen. i got the pm and replied. thank you.;)

al8550
02-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Any word yet on when the KSG will be in stock. I've already placed a deposit and paid the difference at Norwalk but I keep getting different responses.

AragornElessar86
02-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Any word yet on when the KSG will be in stock. I've already placed a deposit and paid the difference at Norwalk but I keep getting different responses.

This. I'm surprised that you guys don't seem to have more pull with/through your distributor.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-21-2012, 8:34 AM

At SHOT we were told Feb/March for initial shipments and the longer we go without anything new, the more we have to think that it might not be on track.

This. I'm surprised that you guys don't seem to have more pull with/through your distributor.

We have great pull with our distributor, but they can't ship what they don't have. Given just the orders that we've given them, we're assuming that they in turn would have great pull with Kel-Tec. But again if Kel-Tec is not shipping them 100's of guns, we're not going to see anything.

LBDamned
02-21-2012, 11:00 AM
We have great pull with our distributor, but they can't ship what they don't have. Given just the orders that we've given them, we're assuming that they in turn would have great pull with Kel-Tec. But again if Kel-Tec is not shipping them 100's of guns, we're not going to see anything.

I wonder is Kel-Tec is purposely limiting production to create a buzz... I know it's been "a buzz" for quite a while now - but what could be the reason for delay?

I'm sure many people will just say forget it... When Ford introduced the retro Mustang I was considering getting one... but as late as Oct 2004 they were still just taking names (creating a "buzz")... I said forget it and bought a G35... I'm kinda losing interest in the KSG now too.

*of course this is not Turners fault - just my mini-rant

h0use
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
do you ever plan on carrying 4seven lights?

Mac7504
02-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Will you guys be getting any; Federal XM193 - Brown Box 5.56mm 55gr FMJ in?

These are the individual boxes, either that, more more PMC .223, or .556 x-tac PMC?

The .223/.556 ammo selection is limited (at least at the Norwalk store). I'd much rather purchase from you guys rather than, online, out of state (even price around the same with shipping).

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Will you guys be getting any; Federal XM193 - Brown Box 5.56mm 55gr FMJ in?

These are the individual boxes, either that, more more PMC .223, or .556 x-tac PMC?

The .223/.556 ammo selection is limited (at least at the Norwalk store). I'd much rather purchase from you guys rather than, online, out of state (even price around the same with shipping).

If your local store doesn't have any XM-193, have them call around through our other stores. We received some about 2 weeks ago- the warehouse is out again but not all stores look like they have sold through.

Just like we did with guns, we have ordered our whole year's worth of ammo already and based on sales, we'll be ordering over and above that as the year goes on. But we also can see a point where it will be tougher and tougher for the factories to keep up just like we saw in '08/'09.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
do you ever plan on carrying 4seven lights?

Not sure; we'll have our shooting sports buyer take a look.

Mac7504
02-22-2012, 1:21 PM
If your local store doesn't have any XM-193, have them call around through our other stores. We received some about 2 weeks ago- the warehouse is out again but not all stores look like they have sold through.

Just like we did with guns, we have ordered our whole year's worth of ammo already and based on sales, we'll be ordering over and above that as the year goes on. But we also can see a point where it will be tougher and tougher for the factories to keep up just like we saw in '08/'09.

I loathed that time...Damn ammo table was empty on all my goodies.

I will take that advice and see what they could do for me.

Cruznegao
02-22-2012, 1:32 PM
Sorry if it was asked before, but I don't have the time to go thru all 22 Pages...

Have you guys ever considered a calguns special on the RIA 1911?

I know they are already the cheapest and profit margins might be small. But I imagine a lot of people would buy another one just because.

Maybe a combo deal: gun + box of ammo for $400
Or even a $400 OTD;)

I think a lot of us would go for that...

winnre
02-22-2012, 5:04 PM
Your shops are running out of guns and the salesmen say it is because of their new computer system, and they have to sell display guns as a result.

Gonna get it fixed soon?

AragornElessar86
02-22-2012, 6:08 PM
I wonder is Kel-Tec is purposely limiting production to create a buzz... I know it's been "a buzz" for quite a while now - but what could be the reason for delay?

I'm sure many people will just say forget it... When Ford introduced the retro Mustang I was considering getting one... but as late as Oct 2004 they were still just taking names (creating a "buzz")... I said forget it and bought a G35... I'm kinda losing interest in the KSG now too.

*of course this is not Turners fault - just my mini-rant

Same here. I'm seriously considering ditching the KSG and using the money for that LC9 and P345 I've been eyeing for the last few months. Maybe another 10/22.

*Again, not Turners' fault, I'm just frustrated. It's been over a year since I put my deposit down.

al8550
02-22-2012, 6:26 PM
Same here. I'm seriously considering ditching the KSG and using the money for that LC9 and P345 I've been eyeing for the last few months. Maybe another 10/22.

*Again, not Turners' fault, I'm just frustrated. It's been over a year since I put my deposit down.

Same here!!! Getting close to saying F--- it let me get a saiga

glowinthedark
02-23-2012, 5:43 AM
A couple months back, you had a WASR 10 single stack as a sale item. I went to the Pasadena store to buy one after they confirmed it was in stock. It wasn't in stock, and now I've been waiting over two months for it to arrive. Any word on this shipment? Considering it was a sale item I assume other people put an order in as well.

deviljon
02-23-2012, 8:26 AM
When will you have the super cheap stripped lowers again? :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-23-2012, 8:45 AM

Same here!!! Getting close to saying F--- it let me get a saiga

If you want to roll your deposits in to other guns, that is fine with us. Just contact the store manager and let them know what you want to do.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-23-2012, 8:46 AM
A couple months back, you had a WASR 10 single stack as a sale item. I went to the Pasadena store to buy one after they confirmed it was in stock. It wasn't in stock, and now I've been waiting over two months for it to arrive. Any word on this shipment? Considering it was a sale item I assume other people put an order in as well.

Our distributor owes us single stack and double stack WASR's. They have promised us weekly that they are working on it. We bug them twice a week :mad:

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-23-2012, 8:48 AM
When will you have the super cheap stripped lowers again? :)

We've got a new line on the way- a brand CGN folks are familiar with. Once they're in, we'll do something special with them.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-23-2012, 8:48 AM
Sorry if it was asked before, but I don't have the time to go thru all 22 Pages...

Have you guys ever considered a calguns special on the RIA 1911?

I know they are already the cheapest and profit margins might be small. But I imagine a lot of people would buy another one just because.

Maybe a combo deal: gun + box of ammo for $400
Or even a $400 OTD;)

I think a lot of us would go for that...

We'll take a look and see if we can figure something out.

deviljon
02-23-2012, 9:28 AM
We've got a new line on the way- a brand CGN folks are familiar with. Once they're in, we'll do something special with them.

Sweet! Any way to get an email subscription for these CGN member specials? I tend to forget checking all the way down the webpage since it's listed in alphabetical order.

drunktank
02-23-2012, 4:15 PM
How do I get a hold of Rob Z? I've left no less than 2 emails, 8 phone calls with messages, a customer feedback survey, customer support e-mail, and spoken to Bill O. No replies except a missed call on a Saturday afternoon in which I called back 30 seconds later to no avail. I've also posted a not so favorable thread here with no response. Thanks in advance.

pbsmind
02-23-2012, 4:20 PM

Nice, I'm in the market again. =)

Head416
02-23-2012, 4:41 PM

Now you've got my attention!

Ricky-Ray
02-23-2012, 4:46 PM
Sweet! Any way to get an email subscription for these CGN member specials? I tend to forget checking all the way down the webpage since it's listed in alphabetical order.

Go to Turner's webpage www.turners.com. On the left hand side there's a link that says "Join our email list" and follow the instructions from there.

ke6guj
02-23-2012, 4:49 PM
Go to Turner's webpage www.turners.com. On the left hand side there's a link that says "Join our email list" and follow the instructions from there.
but they don't email the CGN specials, which is what deviljon was asking about.

drunktank
02-23-2012, 6:40 PM
How do I get a hold of Rob Z? I've left no less than 2 emails, 8 phone calls with messages, a customer feedback survey, customer support e-mail, and spoken to Bill O. No replies except a missed call on a Saturday afternoon in which I called back 30 seconds later to no avail. I've also posted a not so favorable thread here with no response. Thanks in advance.

Had a nice conversation with Rob tonight. Him, Bill, Carol & Darron from RC store, and Hector from Pasadena are good people. Think I'll keep shopping at Turners since these people obviously give a Sxxx about doing a good job.

Thanks

mywytefeet
02-24-2012, 1:41 AM
Any chance you guys might start carrying Arsenal SGL-23-61 AK rifles?

gr8dragon88
02-24-2012, 6:38 AM

have you tried subscribe to the turner's forum? you'll get a daily email update of postings there.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-24-2012, 9:20 AM
have you tried subscribe to the turner's forum? you'll get a daily email update of postings there.

We "sticky" the current special in the forum, too, so it will always be in the top 5 or 6 threads in our forum.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-24-2012, 9:41 AM
Any chance you guys might start carrying Arsenal SGL-23-61 AK rifles?

We do- when Arsenal has them to ship. We are out, but we have orders placed for shipments throughout the year.

Brandon04GT
02-24-2012, 2:14 PM
Turners I'm sure you've had to address this before but can you quickly just run by me the gun lock policy for handgun PPT's?

Is it either the gun has to come with an OEM lock (with the manufactuers name on it) or we have to bring one in with a receipt showing it was purchased within 30 days?

This might sound strange but are gun locks returnable after buying them?

Thanks

TJB92694
02-25-2012, 8:02 AM
I put a deposit on an RIA 1911 Tactical over a month ago at the Norwalk store. Any idea on when you will be getting more in?

larryis1
02-25-2012, 7:22 PM
I just looked at the Turner's Outdoorsman Ad and noticed that the G19 is on sale for $519.99 (this is a $50 price reduction). The ad refers to at "Glock 17 or 19 Fixed" at this sale price. The fixed refers obviously to the sights. Is this the normal version of the G19 and does this permit future sight upgrades to either metal or night sights? Your input will be greatly appreciated as I would like to go to the Orange store tomorrow to make the purchase.

Thanks,
Larry

GMANtt
02-26-2012, 8:24 AM
Do you guys carry Speer Gold Dot?

rolly
02-26-2012, 12:41 PM
do you carry H&K EXPERT or ELITE handguns?

al8550
02-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I put a deposit on an RIA 1911 Tactical over a month ago at the Norwalk store. Any idea on when you will be getting more in?

Don't hold your breath I put a order in for a Glock 29SF, paid it in full, and never heard back, whenever I call to check the status they simply tell me that they'll call me. It's been over a month as well

BeirutMarine83
02-26-2012, 3:40 PM
Why are the employees at the San Marcos store borderline rude to anybody asking a question at the gun counter? They act like it's a hassle to be shown a firearm. When I asked about special ordering a rifle scope (an almost $500.00 scope w/ equally expensive scope rings) the employee had no clue if he could do it or not. I had already emailed management at Turner's corporate office, who told me "Just go into the store, no problem, they'll order it for you". As it turned out, I ended up going to a competitor in San Marcos - I had the Leupold scope and rings within the next business week. It's the same everytime I'm in there - and I've spent money in there, not JUST looking. I wonder how they treat people who are "on the fence" whether to purchase or not. Same store, I was interested in a Kimber Ultra Covert II - you had a similiar model to what I wanted, I live a couple of miles away... I instead traveled to a competitor in Oceanside and am now in DROS for the firearm. Sad.

CDC54
02-26-2012, 7:00 PM
Seems like that's the case sometimes. Others think they know everything and there 17

h0use
02-26-2012, 9:01 PM
Why are the employees at the San Marcos store borderline rude to anybody asking a question at the gun counter? They act like it's a hassle to be shown a firearm. When I asked about special ordering a rifle scope (an almost $500.00 scope w/ equally expensive scope rings) the employee had no clue if he could do it or not. I had already emailed management at Turner's corporate office, who told me "Just go into the store, no problem, they'll order it for you". As it turned out, I ended up going to a competitor in San Marcos - I had the Leupold scope and rings within the next business week. It's the same everytime I'm in there - and I've spent money in there, not JUST looking. I wonder how they treat people who are "on the fence" whether to purchase or not. Same store, I was interested in a Kimber Ultra Covert II - you had a similiar model to what I wanted, I live a couple of miles away... I instead traveled to a competitor in Oceanside and am now in DROS for the firearm. Sad.

the only 2 guys i deal with in san marcos turners is Mike Z or mike H both managers. both have helped me and have ordered many things. i only go in to turers when they are working. only 2 guys that are helpfull....

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Turners I'm sure you've had to address this before but can you quickly just run by me the gun lock policy for handgun PPT's?

Is it either the gun has to come with an OEM lock (with the manufactuers name on it) or we have to bring one in with a receipt showing it was purchased within 30 days?

This might sound strange but are gun locks returnable after buying them?

Thanks

If the gun in the PPT is being transferred with a CA-listed OEM lock, that will work. Alternately a receipt for a lock purchased within the last 30 days will also work (remember that the lock/device has to be presented with the receipt.) (http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/fsdcertlist) Or you can purchase the lock at the store at the time of transfer.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-27-2012, 12:23 PM

Demand for all guns is very high right now. Armscor/RIA just shipped us guns that had been back ordered since November and they still owe us for more orders. Contact Jessie or Rich at Norwalk and have them follow up on your specific order.

Don't hold your breath I put a order in for a Glock 29SF, paid it in full, and never heard back, whenever I call to check the status they simply tell me that they'll call me. It's been over a month as well

Ditto- we have orders in place with our factories and distributors for the entire year and some still owe us orders from the huge amounts of guns sold in December, January and the current month. Some factories are telling us that this year will be crazy and most likely it will exceed the fury of 2008-'09 in terms of demand.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
I just looked at the Turner's Outdoorsman Ad and noticed that the G19 is on sale for $519.99 (this is a $50 price reduction). The ad refers to at "Glock 17 or 19 Fixed" at this sale price. The fixed refers obviously to the sights. Is this the normal version of the G19 and does this permit future sight upgrades to either metal or night sights? Your input will be greatly appreciated as I would like to go to the Orange store tomorrow to make the purchase.

Thanks,
Larry

Yes, they are "normal" Glock 19's with fixed sights that can be swapped out for any sight, OEM or aftermarket, that are made to fit G19's.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Do you guys carry Speer Gold Dot?

Not day-in-day out, but we can order for you. Contact your local Turner's for pricing and availability.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-27-2012, 12:47 PM
do you carry H&K EXPERT or ELITE handguns?

We made a few special buys on these last year; if they are available again this year, we'll do the same.

DrDavid
02-27-2012, 5:46 PM
If the gun in the PPT is being transferred with a CA-listed OEM lock, that will work. Alternately a receipt for a lock purchased within the last 30 days will also work (remember that the lock/device has to be presented with the receipt.) (http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/fsdcertlist) Or you can purchase the lock at the store at the time of transfer.
If you own a gun safe, isn't that ok too? And, does that need to be within 30 days too? Or, is a safe all you need?

gr8dragon88
02-28-2012, 8:23 AM
If you own a gun safe, isn't that ok too? And, does that need to be within 30 days too? Or, is a safe all you need?

A safe won't work for handguns, only for long guns.

http://www.turners.com/engage/faq.php#6

For long guns safes, they need to meet these requirements:

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/gsaff.pdf

h0use
02-28-2012, 9:29 AM
will you guys carry kns precision non-rotating trigger/hammer pins?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM

A safe won't work for handguns, only for long guns.

http://www.turners.com/engage/faq.php#6

Yep; the CSLA does not recognize CA's safe affidavit provision, so while safe ownership still applies to long guns, the affidavit cannot be utilized for handguns.

orlydose1
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Turners, are you guys ever planning on stocking fiocchi can heat 12g? You had it advertised in your spring flyer last year. I had gone to reseda and pre-paid as I was told it has not shipped yet. 10 months later im still being told it hasnt shipped yet and when I ask if it will ever be in stock they cant give me a straight answer

TheHammerOfTruth
02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Orlydose, you must have read my mind. I was just going to ask the same thing. I went a step further and called fiocchi and guess what? Even they dont know. Ive been told all kinds of stuff by them over the last 6 months, the last time was "we dont have the packaging" for this stuff". I did get some of the 45 though. Cool! still waiting on the other.

Garand1911
02-28-2012, 8:13 PM
Just curious -- the JD machine stripped lower, says 21+yo to buy, why ?
im over 21yo and not going to buy one but just wondering.

i see the pistol grip shotguns are 21+yo only too, i assume ATF changed ruling on those ?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 1:24 PM
will you guys carry kns precision non-rotating trigger/hammer pins?

We're adding more and more goodies; we'll check with our buyers about adding these.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 1:31 PM
Turners, are you guys ever planning on stocking fiocchi can heat 12g? You had it advertised in your spring flyer last year. I had gone to reseda and pre-paid as I was told it has not shipped yet. 10 months later im still being told it hasnt shipped yet and when I ask if it will ever be in stock they cant give me a straight answer

PM sent

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 1:38 PM
Just curious -- the JD machine stripped lower, says 21+yo to buy, why ?
im over 21yo and not going to buy one but just wondering.

i see the pistol grip shotguns are 21+yo only too, i assume ATF changed ruling on those ?

Shotguns configured with pistol grips and lowers are considered firearms by ATF and based on that determination, they say buyers must be 21 or older. Firearms are those guns that are not configured in long barreled and/or shoulder-fired configuration at time of sale.

XDshooter
02-29-2012, 2:33 PM
Shotguns configured with pistol grips and lowers are considered firearms by ATF and based on that determination, they say buyers must be 21 or older. Firearms are those guns that are not configured in long barreled and/or shoulder-fired configuration at time of sale.

So the ATF is saying that a lower DROS'd as a rifle could then be made a handgun? Otherwise is this also part of a California law problem?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 4:44 PM
So the ATF is saying that a lower DROS'd as a rifle could then be made a handgun? Otherwise is this also part of a California law problem?

Maybe ... :shrug:

What part of CA firearm law is not confusing, when compared to ATF, when you're defining firearms....?

aamay1986
02-29-2012, 6:01 PM
Heard turners is planing to switch the wasr 10 AK for other AK manufacturers? Is this true? What brands are they going to carry and are they going to carry a tradition looking AK with wood furniture. I only ask because I am in the market for one and there seem to be a shortage, but I want the traditional classic looking AK.

bonzaiii
03-01-2012, 8:57 AM
Just curious when the next seasonal flyer will be coming out?

winnre
03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
I went to the San Bernardino store to pick up a shotgun. I was #57 and they were on #53. It took me TWO HOURS to be seen and get out. I was going to buy another gun while I was there but I was so frustrated I just left after getting the new one.

You guys need to shut down for a day and fix your "new and improved" computer system!!!

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-02-2012, 7:22 AM
Just curious when the next seasonal flyer will be coming out?

Our Spring Flyer will start on March 30th.

They will be mailed the prior week.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-02-2012, 7:25 AM
I went to the San Bernardino store to pick up a shotgun. I was #57 and they were on #53. It took me TWO HOURS to be seen and get out. I was going to buy another gun while I was there but I was so frustrated I just left after getting the new one.

You guys need to shut down for a day and fix your "new and improved" computer system!!!

We're taking a look; while they're have been a few bumps in each of the other 5 stores now running it, we haven't had any issues like the one you mention.

winnre
03-02-2012, 9:07 AM
We're taking a look; while they're have been a few bumps in each of the other 5 stores now running it, we haven't had any issues like the one you mention.

The employees complain loudly about it. I ask why do they need to print a new invoice? Why do you not have guns on the shelf and have to sell display guns? How come not everyone is using the computer and they pass the work to others? Same answer each time: They have a new system and it takes getting used to. If the employees have no faith in the system, why should I?

On another note, when I got my shotgun last night I needed to once again fill out a stupid Turner's checklist with things on it like "I will treat every gun as if it were loaded." This is not a state form, it is your junk. If I do not fill it out will you still sell me the gun? It's a waste of time and paper, the HSC covers that stuff anyway, and I'm HSC exempt and can write the book on that form. Please drop it or just get one when we buy the first gun then keep it on file.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-02-2012, 10:00 AM
...Same answer each time: They have a new system and it takes getting used to....

PM sent...

On another note, when I got my shotgun last night I needed to once again fill out a stupid Turner's checklist with things on it like "I will treat every gun as if it were loaded." This is not a state form, it is your junk. If I do not fill it out will you still sell me the gun? It's a waste of time and paper, the HSC covers that stuff anyway, and I'm HSC exempt and can write the book on that form. Please drop it or just get one when we buy the first gun then keep it on file.

That form is a reflection of doing gun business in this state. It's not just the laws, it's the civil legal system that allows businesses to be sued when people misuse firearms. It was developed as an outgrowth of the municipal suits and numerous other nuisance suits that we've faced over the last 40+ years- we see them every year. (There is Federal law that prevents some of these suits but it does nothing for quite a few others.) Yes it is redundant when you buy more than one gun, or ten or twenty but our legal counsel (and huge Calguns guru) advises it for each purchase.

If a customer doesn't want to sign it, we'll note that and have another employee witness sign off to that effect.

skis
03-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Any idea when you'll be getting any more XD 9mm subcompacts? I paid for one a month ago and every time I call the Pasadena store regarding it I am told they are "too busy to help me right now".

XDshooter
03-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Maybe ... :shrug:

What part of CA firearm law is not confusing, when compared to ATF, when you're defining firearms....?

True, LOL.

There should be no reason for 18-20yr olds to purchase stripped lowers. There is no legal way for the lower to be made into a handgun, so what's the problem?

It's DROS'd as a rifle.

ke6guj
03-02-2012, 1:07 PM
True, LOL.

There should be no reason for 18-20yr olds to purchase stripped lowers. There is no legal way for the lower to be made into a handgun, so what's the problem?

It's DROS'd as a rifle.it isn't DROS'ed as a rifle, it is DROSed as a long gun, and that only deals with CA law.

Federal law says that a dealer transfer ANY firearm to a person under 21, and then exempts rifles and shotguns from that law. ATF said that a strpped lower isn't a rifle because it isn't assembled as one. And ATF also said that a CA long gun DROS does not make it a rifle in ATF's eyes.

al8550
03-02-2012, 5:06 PM
If I placed a special order on a firearm a while back and Turners cant seem to locate that specific firearm can I cancel the transaction and have my money returned?

Ricky-Ray
03-02-2012, 5:16 PM
If I placed a special order on a firearm a while back and Turners cant seem to locate that specific firearm can I cancel the transaction and have my money returned?

It's been asked before and the answer is yes, you can get your money back or apply it towards a different purchase.

al8550
03-02-2012, 5:34 PM
It's been asked before and the answer is yes, you can get your money back or apply it towards a different purchase.

Great thanks

XDshooter
03-02-2012, 5:57 PM
it isn't DROS'ed as a rifle, it is DROSed as a long gun, and that only deals with CA law.

Federal law says that a dealer transfer ANY firearm to a person under 21, and then exempts rifles and shotguns from that law. ATF said that a strpped lower isn't a rifle because it isn't assembled as one. And ATF also said that a CA long gun DROS does not make it a rifle in ATF's eyes.

Sorry, I meant "long gun".

Ridiculous to say the least. End of topic.

al8550
03-02-2012, 7:39 PM

Okay, so I found the firearm on gunbroker, would turners be willing to accept the transfer and how much would it be to do so?

Lowbux
03-02-2012, 8:22 PM
Are you ever going to consider offering the following anymore? Bought a few of each several years back and haven't seen them since. I still see each offered out of state but with the high out of state transfer fees, I would much rather give you the direct business again.

1. Yugo M59/66 SKS with the grenade launcher graciously removed and a muzzle brake welded on.

2. SIG P6 german police trade in.

Thanks

sdbolts
03-05-2012, 4:17 PM
Any plans on carrying reloading presses? More specifically Hornady LnL Auto Progressive press?

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 4:49 PM
Okay, so I found the firearm on gunbroker, would turners be willing to accept the transfer and how much would it be to do so?

PM Sent for details.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 4:55 PM
Are you ever going to consider offering the following anymore? Bought a few of each several years back and haven't seen them since. I still see each offered out of state but with the high out of state transfer fees, I would much rather give you the direct business again.

1. Yugo M59/66 SKS with the grenade launcher graciously removed and a muzzle brake welded on.

2. SIG P6 german police trade in.

Thanks

1- There are few (if any) folks offering CA versions of Yugo's. If we find them and they're price right, we'll get them in.

2- We may do some of these down the road; the distributor who has them on the CA list, just renewed them.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 4:57 PM
Any plans on carrying reloading presses? More specifically Hornady LnL Auto Progressive press?

We are stocking these in the LNL Classic kit- not all stores have them in stock though based on how much reloading they carry.

If you need just the LNL press, we can special order that for you.

Check your local Turner's for pricing and availability.

rsosa
03-05-2012, 5:00 PM
How does Turner's deal with returns without the receipt? Or do they at all?

I bought a Blackhawk Knoxx stock about 6 months ago. Installed it on my Remington 870, shot about 10 rounds and found I really didn't like the set up.
Took it off my shotgun and set it aside meaning to return it. Needless to say, out of sight out of mind and I just stumbled across it in my closet but can't for the life of me find the original receipt.

I'm not looking to get a cash refund, just store credit towards something else.

Will you guys do an exchange/return without the receipt?

whisperingdoom
03-05-2012, 7:15 PM
fs2000, SCAR, PS90---- when and how much?

maxwell07261990
03-06-2012, 2:56 AM
I've only been to the Pasadena store, so I don't know if it's the same for all stores
but from what I've seen the only surplus firearms you guys sell are Mosin Nagants, why is that?
I asked the manager at the Pasadena store he said the Mosins are usually on sale for $100 when they get them, and they sell out very quickly
My question is why not other surplus guns? like the Nagant revolver or SKS
few weeks ago I saw two spam cans of 7.62x54R for sell in the store, is this a sign that in the future you will introduce more surplus products? I don't care if they are slightly more expansive so you guys can make some money as long as you make them more available, and I think many people would agree.

Pissedashell
03-06-2012, 3:57 AM
few weeks ago I saw two spam cans of 7.62x54R for sell in the store,

wow ... where (and when) can I get a couple of those spam cans?? I never saw one in Reseda, or in Pasadena. But, I'm fairly new to all of this!
( Hint hint, future Calguns Member Special?:D ...)

h0use
03-06-2012, 9:42 AM
will you ever carry the FMK 9C1 pistol?

winnre
03-08-2012, 9:38 AM
Does Turner's plan to tell folks WTF happened at the San Bernardino store? I don't want the place closing on a dime like CWS did. I'm afraid to buy there now because I have no idea what will happen in the next ten days!

Oh, and the rumor mill is rampant with discussion, so you'd be better of filling in the blanks with the truth... just sayin'.

bonzaiii
03-08-2012, 9:51 AM
Does Turner's plan to tell folks WTF happened at the San Bernardino store? I don't want the place closing on a dime like CWS did. I'm afraid to buy there now because I have no idea what will happen in the next ten days!

Oh, and the rumor mill is rampant with discussion, so you'd be better of filling in the blanks with the truth... just sayin'.

Dang, I'm hanging out in the wrong rumor mill again, I have not heard a word about this until the above post!

monkeylice
03-08-2012, 12:18 PM
wow ... where (and when) can I get a couple of those spam cans?? I never saw one in Reseda, or in Pasadena. But, I'm fairly new to all of this!
( Hint hint, future Calguns Member Special?:D ...)

Wondering the same! I am in and out of the Pasadena store all the time and haven't seen spam cans of 7.62x54r! Very interested.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
How does Turner's deal with returns without the receipt? Or do they at all?

I bought a Blackhawk Knoxx stock about 6 months ago. Installed it on my Remington 870, shot about 10 rounds and found I really didn't like the set up.
Took it off my shotgun and set it aside meaning to return it. Needless to say, out of sight out of mind and I just stumbled across it in my closet but can't for the life of me find the original receipt.

I'm not looking to get a cash refund, just store credit towards something else.

Will you guys do an exchange/return without the receipt?

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-08-2012, 12:41 PM
fs2000, SCAR, PS90---- when and how much?

All three are on order and all three are very scarce right now. We don't have any firm ship date from FNH at all right now, but contact your local Turner's and they'll update you on pricing.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I've only been to the Pasadena store, so I don't know if it's the same for all stores
but from what I've seen the only surplus firearms you guys sell are Mosin Nagants, why is that?
I asked the manager at the Pasadena store he said the Mosins are usually on sale for $100 when they get them, and they sell out very quickly
My question is why not other surplus guns? like the Nagant revolver or SKS
few weeks ago I saw two spam cans of 7.62x54R for sell in the store, is this a sign that in the future you will introduce more surplus products? I don't care if they are slightly more expansive so you guys can make some money as long as you make them more available, and I think many people would agree.

We're constantly on the lookout for curio's in decent quantities- some of the items out there are not available in the numbers we need to stock our stores, let alone run an ad. Likewise, finding CA SKS's has been mostly a "miss" for some time. But we'll keep looking.

As for ammo, that is one of the recent good finds. But we did not get a lot in. Again, we'll keep looking and buy what we can when price, quality and supply line up.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-08-2012, 12:49 PM

We'll let our buyers know that there is some interest and see how it lines up.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-08-2012, 1:12 PM

Our San Bernardino store is not closing. Not sure who/what CWS is/was and how that is relative to our store? And the "rumor mill", is just that.

That out of the way, there is lot going on in the transition to the new system and we are very aware that it has been a lot harder in some stores than others based on various factors.

winnre
03-08-2012, 1:59 PM
CWS was Cold Was Shooters, they simply locked up one day, no more guns, no business, no refunds. It eventually got figured out but there was plenty of drama and many threads here about them.

LBDamned
03-08-2012, 6:43 PM

I thought I saw one on the discontinue list recently - I just looked and dont see it now though :confused:

I have one with very few rounds (literally less than 50)... might consider selling if you can't find one.

XDshooter
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
When will the discontinued gun list be accurate?

The day it's released means that every gun on there was accounted for within the last week at the most. A couple days would be better.

I have yet to get a gun from the list that wasn't sold months prior.

bill_k_lopez
03-09-2012, 6:45 AM
Is there a special sale schedule for the year (i.e. when do you have the 'Ruger Days' sales, when is the 'Holiday' sale' etc.)? Basically I'm wondering when the sales go on throughout the where year that you publish more items in a paper outside your regular weekly specials.

I'm still wishing I had purchased a few more items from the Holiday sale last year - I only found out about the special flyer a few days before the sale was over.

Thanks.

LBDamned
03-09-2012, 7:51 AM

The day it's released means that every gun on there was accounted for within the last week at the most. A couple days would be better.

I got my FMK 9C1 from the discontinued list (quite a while back)... there was some chat about the pistol in the handgun forum, I was intrigued by the BOR micro engraving on the slide (novelty) - some nice CalGunner mentioned it on the discontinued list and I nabbed it that day...

I also picked up a shotgun off the list a while back (just a trinket gun).

I guess timing is everything - I must have got lucky... however, I did miss out on a better shotgun (actually worth having) - It was on the list, went to Norwalk ready to buy - but it was already accounted for (so yeah, timing is everything = lucky X 2, unlucky X 1 :()

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 7:55 AM

I thought I saw one on the discontinue list recently - I just looked and dont see it now though :confused:

I have one with very few rounds (literally less than 50)... might consider selling if you can't find one.

When we first got these (with the B of R and other RKBA engraving) they sold well. But when they slowed down quite a bit and we moved on.

If there is enough interest, we'd bring something back in or at least keep doing special orders if possible.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 8:05 AM

Here's an attempt at a delicate answer ...

In the soon-to-be-old-though-it-can't-happen-fast-enough system, the discontinued list was 100% accurate when it was published provided that the stores had attached each sold serial number in their store to an order. So if there was an available gun on the list in a given store, a quantity would be shown for stock.

But for various reasons there were situations where a customer would have money and their name on a gun on that list but not have the serial number tied to that order- thus creating a false positive listing for the disc. list.

The new system will allow stores to ensure more quickly that the disconnect does not happen but the transition is extremely... interesting... at the moment. Capturing all active info from a nearly broken system and having it transfer to the new one is challenging us at every level. And as with all IT change, it comes with its share of bumps and bugs, and all of this comes at a time when gun sales and demand are at the highest levels we've seen.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 8:24 AM
Is there a special sale schedule for the year (i.e. when do you have the 'Ruger Days' sales, when is the 'Holiday' sale' etc.)? Basically I'm wondering when the sales go on throughout the where year that you publish more items in a paper outside your regular weekly specials.

I'm still wishing I had purchased a few more items from the Holiday sale last year - I only found out about the special flyer a few days before the sale was over.

Thanks.

Great question; thanks for asking!

Weekly ads break each Friday, 52 weeks a year in your local area newspapers and the Western Outdoor News. They are also e-mailed to those folks on our e-mail list. Sign-up here! (http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001MsT4_iATVeTIgTugwhGtMTx8iZTtraYLn7B0_ggOnQ CNf8SGSNoSbGoyvHN719GF5p9L7vzKKM8%3D) If you select the Hunt Ads or Fish Ads option when you sign up, you will also receive our one day only "Off-the-Hook" specials each week.

This year the timing for Ruger, Glock, S&W, etc. will be driven by product availability- which will be very tight. So, while we try to calendar them in advance, we'll be challenged to do so months in advance.

Additionally, we put out 3 40-page flyers each year- Spring, Fall and Christmas. The Spring Flyer will start on March 30th. Sign-up here! (http://www.turners.com/engage/mailinglist_signup.php) (Please note that the mailing list for that flyer is already locked down.) That flyer is also available in our stores during the first few weeks of the flyer.

And we are planning on getting a weekly Calguns special out each week as we have been since last summer when we joined Calguns.

LBDamned
03-09-2012, 8:37 AM
Additionally, we put out 3 40-page flyers each year- Spring, Fall and Christmas. The Spring Flyer will start on March 30th. Sign-up here! (http://www.turners.com/engage/mailinglist_signup.php) (Please note that the mailing list for that flyer is already locked down.) That flyer is also available in our stores during the first few weeks of the flyer.

"mailing list for flyer locked down"? Not sure what that means - but I have a new mailing address... I dont know of a way to update it, so I was going to just sign up with new address... is there a way to update my mailing address?

monk
03-09-2012, 1:21 PM
I have two questions.

This Monday I had gone to Turners to take advantage of their PSA lower discount. While waiting I was looking at the other firearms and noticed that there was a lot fewer handguns then I remember. BTW, I also saw some CA legal "MAC 10's" :cool:.

The question is, is the fewer amount of guns just a product of increased sales or are manufacturers lagging, or have stores just not gotten around to ordering?

Also, I only saw one other upper available. I also remember there being at least 3 or 4 others last time. Is this the same situation as above?

ETA: Forgot to ask, is there a specific ETA on when the PSA lower gets in? I know it's 3 weeks but was wondering if there's anything more definitive.

Thanks!

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 2:18 PM
"mailing list for flyer locked down"? Not sure what that means - but I have a new mailing address... I dont know of a way to update it, so I was going to just sign up with new address... is there a way to update my mailing address?

We have compiled the list for the Spring Flyer, so any additions or changes will not be in effect for this mailing- looks like the folks in your old place may beat you to the good deals...:D

We'll post it online like we did during Christmas and we'll have them in the stores as well. You can submit a your new address via the current system.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 2:32 PM
...The question is, is the fewer amount of guns just a product of increased sales or are manufacturers lagging, or have stores just not gotten around to ordering?

Demand for guns is off the charts. As you may have read or heard, February was the 20th+ month in a row that nationwide background checks were above the same month last year. At this pace, the industry will outdo the numbers from '08/'09.

Usually factories catch up in Jan/Feb. Not so this year; Jan and Feb gun sales were unprecedented. And there is no sign of things slowing down.

Our stores order from our warehouse, so they are waiting on us but some of the system transition issues we mentioned in this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=545751) have them off balance a bit.

The good news is that we have received a lot of guns in the last 3 days. And the better news is that we wrote 12 months of orders with most factories late last year and early this year so we are "in line" for guns with every factory and quite a few distributors.

Also, I only saw one other upper available. I also remember there being at least 3 or 4 others last time. Is this the same situation as above?

Yep, ditto; we'll need a lot of uppers for the crazy amount of lowers being sold, so we've ordered lower parts and accessories and uppers from multiple vendors.

ETA: Forgot to ask, is there a specific ETA on when the PSA lower gets in? I know it's 3 weeks but was wondering if there's anything more definitive.

Thanks!

PSA told us we've have them in two weeks- which means that we're hoping for next week but we would not be surprised if they came in at the end of the week.

dougolupski
03-09-2012, 3:11 PM
PSA told us we've have them in two weeks- which means that we're hoping for next week but we would not be surprised if they came in at the end of the week.

If they come in before my JD Machine one from the off the hook special I be pissed. :D

h0use
03-09-2012, 4:24 PM
any chances on carrying armscor revolvers?

Tee Why
03-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Went to the Pasadena store to look at the Rock Island GI 1911 that was on sale and the Sig Sauer 1911 XO that is currently on sale as of today, and maybe the Sig 2022. None of those guns were on the shelves and the handgun counter looked pretty barren with some less popular guns spread here and there. I just read the post about the lack of guns, so I'm hoping the Pasadena store will be stocked back up soon.

CharlesV
03-11-2012, 4:46 PM
I just now caught the Turners thread and cant read all 25 screen pulls of posts so forgive me if i ask old questions.

1) What is your current policy on accepting transfers of weapons purchased out of state, either PPT or from other FFLs? And prices?
2) Can you order guns you dont have in stock or dont normally carry?

Comment to people--im very happy with the service in the Long Beach and Corona stores. Last year i did 4 PPT and also purchased one longgun in Corona. Also regularly buy ammo, cases, accessories, etc. usually from Corona. Great staff and treatment, everyone is friendly and professional, no complaints at all and i'll continue to give Turners first crack at everything i do.

But i will easily abandon Turners on bad service. Customers care far more about professional knowledge and service than the item which is a dead thing and means nothing by itself. Look for ways to continue training to upgrade, it makes all the difference.

The reason i recently bought the longgun in Corona was BECAUSE of a staff member. He is a fishing guy, and i believe his expertise when he talks about fishing. But he described all the things was doing to greatly increase his gun knowledge so that he could get to know customers, their needs, and give the best service possible. Thats a perfect statement from a retail clerk.

Whenever i go in, he greets me, asks how im doing, remembers everything i bought before. How did the last batch of ammo work out, do i want to change anything? Oh here, we just got this, i want you to try this. He is very patient about questions, doesnt rush or ignore me and is in fact much more knowledgeable than he admits.

I could buy guns and gear anywhere, just shop for bottom price and go. But even when i have to pay a bit more at Turners, i dont mind because i get really good personal service and knowledge.

Im writing this because gun dealers, as a lot, arent famous for good attitudes and in many cases, good knowledge. Why should a gun be any different than anything else one buys? The whole secret is in the service, sales ability and knowlege about what youre selling. Maybe some of you dont care and think it doesnt matter but for me thats why i try Turners first and hope it continues.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-12-2012, 10:24 AM
any chances on carrying armscor revolvers?

It's not likely that we will, but it would be no problem to special order any of the three models approved for CA sale.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-12-2012, 10:26 AM
If they come in before my JD Machine one from the off the hook special I be pissed. :D

Went to the Pasadena store to look at the Rock Island GI 1911 that was on sale and the Sig Sauer 1911 XO that is currently on sale as of today, and maybe the Sig 2022. None of those guns were on the shelves and the handgun counter looked pretty barren with some less popular guns spread here and there. I just read the post about the lack of guns, so I'm hoping the Pasadena store will be stocked back up soon.

We had quite a few guns arrive last week- a lot from Beretta, Ruger and Weatherby amongst others. We should see S&W, Springfield, JDM and PSA this week or next.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-12-2012, 10:58 AM
I just now caught the Turners thread and cant read all 25 screen pulls of posts so forgive me if i ask old questions.

1) What is your current policy on accepting transfers of weapons purchased out of state, either PPT or from other FFLs? And prices?
2) Can you order guns you dont have in stock or dont normally carry?

First thanks for the feedback; again, we agree that staff is the most important component in any retail environment but especially so when dealing with firearm sales.

Since we primarily focus on new, used and consignment sales, we do not do that much in the way of FFL transfers in our stores for sales made by other dealers. We do handle FFL transfers for transfers amongst family members, LEO programs, industry folks (test evaluators, industry journalists, etc.), NRA dinner guns, and those for other non-profit industry groups, and commemorative sales.

Our pricing varies depending on the transfer and some types of transfers may require collection of "use tax" per CA BOE. Contact your nearest store for details.

We can special order most any gun you're looking for. We can order direct from quite a few factories and/or we can order from most distributors if needed. Your local Turner's can work up price and check availability for you.

winnre
03-13-2012, 7:28 PM
Hey Turner's! The Buntline I want is finally on your SKU and I paid cash today for it, 100% down, I hope to see it soon! They estimate 60 days! Thanks for your push!

Brandon04GT
03-14-2012, 9:54 AM
Turners, any chance we'll see a deal on an RIA 1911 or XD9 again in the near future?