PDA

View Full Version : Questions you would like to ask Turners

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-18-2011, 2:13 PM
I the holiday ad the same discounts as black friday? Or will there be another flyer for that?

There will be an in-store flyer- no mail, no internet- that we will hand out in the stores with additional discounted items. We will be posting that on Calguns, one or two days in advance.

We will also repeat last year's 12-Days of Christmas ads- a few items each day for the 12 days prior to Christmas, plus our normal weekly ads and weekly CGN specials and more "one-off" CGN specials like we did with the Colts and we hope to do with safes and other items.

kouki
11-18-2011, 7:33 PM
I'm looking for a CZ SP01 which seems like its hard to come by around the Long Beach area. Is there a way I can put down a deposit (preferrably @ the Signal Hill store) so I can get one whenever it comes in or is it simply a first come first serve type of thing?

DeathByDoubleDip
11-18-2011, 10:40 PM
CZ-85's are not on the current DOJ list; there are 13 some odd versions of the 75, 2 2075 variants, the mod 97B .45ACP and the mod 83 .380 on the list.

Ah bummer. Think I'm going to try to figure out how to MacGuyver the 75 into ambi mode then. Your holiday listing is the cheapest I've seen a new CZ75 go for :).

Ricky-Ray
11-18-2011, 11:23 PM
There will be an in-store flyer- no mail, no internet- that we will hand out in the stores with additional discounted items. We will be posting that on Calguns, one or two days in advance.

We will also repeat last year's 12-Days of Christmas ads- a few items each day for the 12 days prior to Christmas, plus our normal weekly ads and weekly CGN specials and more "one-off" CGN specials like we did with the Colts and we hope to do with safes and other items.

I have a feeling it's going to be a very broke christmas.... :facepalm:

But look at all the new toy's and goodies to be had. :43:

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-19-2011, 7:12 AM
thanks Bill... even at non sale price, is there a chance that Turners would get some?

Likely as a special order only; check in with the guys at Norwalk and they can work with our buyer and let you know.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-19-2011, 7:14 AM
I'm looking for a CZ SP01 which seems like its hard to come by around the Long Beach area. Is there a way I can put down a deposit (preferrably @ the Signal Hill store) so I can get one whenever it comes in or is it simply a first come first serve type of thing?

Yes, you can leave a deposit and when we get them in we fill any deposits prior to any guns going out to stores for new sales- first deposit, first served.

Get with Mike at Signal Hill and he'll take care of you.

Brandon04GT
11-20-2011, 1:21 AM
I just looked over your holiday flyer and see that it the prices are effective from the 25th. Will there be a separate flyer for black friday only deals?

Distro
11-20-2011, 8:39 AM
I just looked over your holiday flyer and see that it the prices are effective from the 25th. Will there be a separate flyer for black friday only deals?

This was their response earlier.

Distro
11-22-2011, 6:07 PM
Just wondering if there will be an Off the Hook Wednesday this week? Usually get the message during the day.

Tried modifying the URL on last weeks which normally works but I'm on my phone not my comp and it wouldn't load, not the "forbidden" message just a blank screen.

Mac7504
11-23-2011, 9:02 AM
How do I sign up for these specials? I've probably been overpaying for a few items...sigh...

Distro
11-23-2011, 9:27 AM
How do I sign up for these specials? I've probably been overpaying for a few items...sigh...

If you go to there site and join their e-mail list you will get weekly emails. On Tuesdays they mail out the "Off the Hook Wednesday" flyer(they didn't yesterday) , usually has a few items with a pretty good discount that is only good on Wednesdays and only available in that e-mail. On Thursdays they e-mail out the weekly sale flyer which is also available on their site. If you sign up for the quarterly catalog they mail you a physical copy but it is also available on their site separate from the weekly ad. The CalGuns only specials are posted as a sticky here weekly.

http://www.turners.com/ (join is on the left side.)

Mac7504
11-23-2011, 9:40 AM
If you go to there site and join their e-mail list you will get weekly emails. On Tuesdays they mail out the "Off the Hook Wednesday" flyer(they didn't yesterday) , usually has a few items with a pretty good discount that is only good on Wednesdays and only available in that e-mail. On Thursdays they e-mail out the weekly sale flyer which is also available on their site. If you sign up for the quarterly catalog they mail you a physical copy but it is also available on their site separate from the weekly ad. The CalGuns only specials are posted as a sticky here weekly.

http://www.turners.com/ (join is on the left side.)

Thank you for the info; will come in handy.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-23-2011, 9:58 AM
Just wondering if there will be an Off the Hook Wednesday this week? Usually get the message during the day.

Tried modifying the URL on last weeks which normally works but I'm on my phone not my comp and it wouldn't load, not the "forbidden" message just a blank screen.

Sorry for the late response- as you discovered, there is no off-the-hook special for this week.

We'll post up our Friday Calguns Special and our one-page Black Friday in-store ad later.

That Black Friday ad is a mix of some of the Holiday Flyer items with additional specials on selected guns and ammo.

bonzaiii
11-23-2011, 10:28 AM
I know when you offer up a great bargain like the Calguns Member's Only Special- 11-18-2011 there is sometimes no layaways accepted, will that be the case on the Black Friday adds ? I hope not because I'm planning on multiple purchases and that will have to change if layaway is not allowed.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-23-2011, 7:24 PM
I know when you offer up a great bargain like the Calguns Member's Only Special- 11-18-2011 there is sometimes no layaways accepted, will that be the case on the Black Friday adds ? I hope not because I'm planning on multiple purchases and that will have to change if layaway is not allowed.

Our regular layaway policy will apply to the ads breaking on Friday and on most CGN specials unless noted otherwise.

kalaca
11-24-2011, 7:30 AM
Dang i just bought an XD9mm from you guys and pick it up on 11/30/11 but i saw it somewhere else way cheaper in their black friday ad do you guys still price match!This
will be the second time its happen to me in the past 3 weeks .
Oh yeah you guys did help me out the first time it got fixed and was very impress with the service thanks bill!!

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-24-2011, 7:07 PM
Dang i just bought an XD9mm from you guys and pick it up on 11/30/11 but i saw it somewhere else way cheaper in their black friday ad do you guys still price match!This
will be the second time its happen to me in the past 3 weeks .
Oh yeah you guys did help me out the first time it got fixed and was very impress with the service thanks bill!!

Yep, we'll price protect the same model if it's in the new ad.

kalaca
11-25-2011, 7:34 AM
Yep, we'll price protect the same model if it's in the new ad.

WHat new ad confused!

ctseng15
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi Bill,

Sending you a PM regarding a defective factory Smith & Wesson 22a/22s 10-round magazine that I purchased on 9/16/2011 at the Pasadena store.

Appreciate your help on what I need to do to.

Many thanks,

Chris

AragornElessar86
11-28-2011, 2:25 PM
I read recently that Kel-Tec is expecting to ship KSGs over the Christmas holiday. Any input on that?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-28-2011, 4:51 PM
I read recently that Kel-Tec is expecting to ship KSGs over the Christmas holiday. Any input on that?

We know that they have a "non-manufacturing" issue that was holding them up. We haven't been given any updates but perhaps they've resolved that issue.

We'll call a few folks and see if there is anything new going on.

Cokebottle
11-28-2011, 5:52 PM
Non-manufacturing?

I wonder if that has something to do with the DOJ (California or one of the other states with capacity limitations) balking at the multiple magazines being considered "one feeding device"?

socalpistolero
11-29-2011, 3:59 AM
I have been a customer of Turners for a while now, when living in Los Angeles I would visit the Norwalk and Pasadena stores. When I moved to Norwalk forget about it, now that I moved to the Antelope Valley it has been hard to find a modern, well stocked clean store like Turners. I think a store in the A.V. would be great. Thanks.

bonzaiii
11-29-2011, 6:03 AM
I have been a customer of Turners for a while now, when living in Los Angeles I would visit the Norwalk and Pasadena stores. When I moved to Norwalk forget about it, now that I moved to the Antelope Valley it has been hard to find a modern, well stocked clean store like Turners. I think a store in the A.V. would be great. Thanks.

Sorry, but you can visit the one they build in Ventura county. Please Turners, don't make us go to the valley any longer!!!

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-29-2011, 7:33 AM
Non-manufacturing?

I wonder if that has something to do with the DOJ (California or one of the other states with capacity limitations) balking at the multiple magazines being considered "one feeding device"?

Rumor- and we're treating it as one without hearing something directly from Keltec- is that there was some patent contention with regards to some element of function or design.

Nothing we've heard as being the reason for this long delay has anything to do (at least at this point) with CA DOJ.

Uxi
11-29-2011, 9:59 AM
Yeah a difficulty from Ca DoJ would mean they would ship everywhere but Ca until they could gimp it for our market, kinda like they did with the RFB

Mac7504
11-29-2011, 11:08 AM
tl;dr...Please don't let it be a DOJ issue. sigh

LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
11-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Any word on when the Daniel Defense Rifles will be in?

I have a deposit down on SKU# 114086.

thanks,

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-29-2011, 2:49 PM
Any word on when the Daniel Defense Rifles will be in?

I have a deposit down on SKU# 114086.

thanks,

Daniel Defense will be giving us an update and/or backorder (hopefully not) report.

PM on the way.

bonzaiii
11-29-2011, 3:41 PM
I know that you will price match but I'm going to trow in a twist. You have a gun in your holiday flyer that I am going to be purchasing this weekend. I just saw the same gun for the same price at another shop in Orange County but they are offering a box of ammo or an extra clip with theirs. Will you be able to match that also? To be honest your more local so for the difference I am going to give you my business on this anyway but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-29-2011, 3:44 PM
I know that you will price match but I'm going to trow in a twist. You have a gun in your holiday flyer that I am going to be purchasing this weekend. I just saw the same gun for the same price at another shop in Orange County but they are offering a box of ammo or an extra clip with theirs. Will you be able to match that also? To be honest your more local so for the difference I am going to give you my business on this anyway but just thought I'd throw it out there.

PM us with the details and we'll take a look and let you know.

pr3d4t0r
11-29-2011, 4:05 PM
2 questions:

1. How is "used" and "consignment" different...is used one's that Turners bought to re-sell?

2. Are their any plans to allow branch transfer,...I'd like to buy a gun from Reseda and pick it up in San Marcos...but don't wanna drive 2 hours

Pissedashell
11-29-2011, 4:30 PM
2. Are their any plans to allow branch transfer,...I'd like to buy a gun from Reseda and pick it up in San Marcos...but don't wanna drive 2 hours

I am very curious to know if there is, or ever might be some thing like this as well!

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-29-2011, 4:48 PM
2 questions:

1. How is "used" and "consignment" different...is used one's that Turners bought to re-sell?

Used guns are those that we have bought outright from private parties to resell.

Used guns can be transferred amongst stores only after they've been in a store for 30 days. (CA 30-day pawn hold)

Consignment guns are those that we resell on behalf of our customers. When those guns sell, we pay the seller the purchase price less our consignment fee.

Consignment guns have to be held for the same 30-day period but the bigger obstacle to inter-store transfer is that not all consignee's are comfortable having their gun being sent from store to store until a buyer is found. Similarly, buyers are understandably reluctant to commit to a gun they've never seen in the flesh to make sure that the gun is everything they've been told it is. When it doesn't match up, then the gun ends up on the truck again- more handling equals more risk of a mishap, more cost in selling the gun, etc.

We've changed this up a few times and in the end, we've found it all works better for everyone in the long run when consignments are kept in the stores they were originally consigned in.

Cokebottle
11-29-2011, 5:51 PM
Yeah a difficulty from Ca DoJ would mean they would ship everywhere but Ca until they could gimp it for our market, kinda like they did with the RFB
That's why I said "California or other"

California is not the only state with magazine capacity restrictions.

ctseng15
11-30-2011, 4:27 PM
PM us with the details and we'll take a look and let you know.

Would also like to know if you can do a deal match as well on the GSG 1911 .22 Auto. I pm'd you the ad link just in case you did not receive it.

Thank you

stormy_clothing
12-01-2011, 4:32 PM
forget new people you guys need to get current people on the ball - out of rifle ammo, guns not in stock that are advertised, ar15 pistols with forward pistol grips on display angry managers. A full magpul section with no slings. Ptr rifles with no rail sections for sale. Its like endless the things that could improve around your rancho locations alone, no holsters for the glock 17 - do you actually use computers for inventory or just post it notes ?

When I go into the turners next to your corporate offices for christ sake it should be like my firearms wet dream considering thats where all of your customers are located when I go in.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-01-2011, 5:16 PM
forget new people you guys need to get current people on the ball - out of rifle ammo, guns not in stock that are advertised, ar15 pistols with forward pistol grips on display angry managers. A full magpul section with no slings. Ptr rifles with no rail sections for sale. Its like endless the things that could improve around your rancho locations alone, no holsters for the glock 17 - do you actually use computers for inventory or just post it notes ?

When I go into the turners next to your corporate offices for christ sake it should be like my firearms wet dream considering thats where all of your customers are located when I go in.

Which rifle ammo are you looking for? Let us know what you're looking for.

We've had a huge few weeks of sales on guns and accessories, so we are thin coming out of our biggest Black Friday weekend ever. Which ad gun were you ready to buy?

Let us know and we can update you as to where we are on our next shipments. There are more than a few guns where we have completely sold out for a bit but we will continue to take deposits as we have all of those guns on constant order and re-order.

BTW AR-15 pistols with vertical grips are NOT AOW's when they are at least 26" long. The Franklin Armory pistol you've seen is 26" overall.

LBDamned
12-01-2011, 6:27 PM
Is there a CalGuns special this week?... contrary to the Wed Off the Hook Specials - the CGN Friday specials are always in stock... and I look forward to them.

Distro
12-01-2011, 6:37 PM
Is there a CalGuns special this week?... contrary to the Wed Off the Hook Specials - the CGN Friday specials are always in stock... and I look forward to them.

Hope they don't mind if I post it in this thread. Adjusted the URL for 12-02 and this is what I got. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=506494)

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-01-2011, 7:46 PM
Is there a CalGuns special this week?...

Yep, we just posted it here. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=506494)

.... contrary to the Wed Off the Hook Specials - the CGN Friday specials are always in stock... and I look forward to them.

Funny you should say that :o ...the DPMS rifles arrived without rear sights (arrghhh) so we are pushing them out next week... but we are extending all items in this week's special for :twoweeks:

Cokebottle
12-01-2011, 8:07 PM
How about straightening out your "trainers" at Chino Hills on the laws of transporting firearms in California.

The ammo does NOT have to be locked up separately from the gun.
The gun does NOT have to be locked in the trunk with the ammo in the glove box.
The child-safe lock does NOT have to be installed on the gun for transport (that lock serves no legal purpose once the customer walks out your door.)
The handgun MUST be transported in a secure locked container, which CAN be the trunk. The child-safe lock alone with the gun in an unlocked case (including the factory furnished case) does NOT meet the requirements of 12026.1 or 12026.2.

And finally, magazines MAY be transported loaded, provided they are not inserted into the gun.

I've bought 4 handguns and my wife has bought 2 over the last 3 years at Chino Hills (most recently June of this year) and we've heard the above every time... with the exception of the child-safe lock being "enough"... only heard that once 2 years ago... but every time we get the lecture about locking the gun in the trunk and the ammo separately (we both drive SUVs, no trunk).

The law does not require the "lecture"... and I understand it's simply a CYA thing for Turner's. The law requires only that the safe handling demonstration be demonstrated by the clerk, and repeated by the customer.

I love buying guns from you guys because of the price and selection.
I really dread "pickup day" because of the lecture adding 10 minutes onto what should be a 3 minute process, as well as the back and forth with the employee and manager having to check and double check everything.
If a sale and a pickup need a manager's okay, just have them process it while the employee "feeds" them more customers, rather than keep multiple customers waiting while two employees are occupied with one customer.

badhabit90
12-01-2011, 8:17 PM
:D Best Price shipped for a CMMG dedicated .22 upper M4 style. shipped to 93436 please!!! thank you:o

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-01-2011, 8:26 PM
How about straightening out your "trainers" at Chino Hills on the laws of transporting firearms in California.

The ammo does NOT have to be locked up separately from the gun.
The gun does NOT have to be locked in the trunk with the ammo in the glove box.
The child-safe lock does NOT have to be installed on the gun for transport (that lock serves no legal purpose once the customer walks out your door.)
The handgun MUST be transported in a secure locked container, which CAN be the trunk. The child-safe lock alone with the gun in an unlocked case (including the factory furnished case) does NOT meet the requirements of 12026.1 or 12026.2.

And finally, magazines MAY be transported loaded, provided they are not inserted into the gun.

We thoroughly agree; since we came on board CGN in July we've heard this complaint a few times. We've addressed this and will continue to do so. As you know by perusing this board, hanging out at the range, etc. FUD runs both ways, but you shouldn't hear it from the folks behind the counter who should know better.

The law does not require the "lecture"... and I understand it's simply a CYA thing for Turner's.

Again, we agree but frankly it's not really CYA, it's just unnecessary.

...because of the lecture adding 10 minutes onto what should be a 3 minute process, as well as the back and forth with the employee and manager having to check and double check everything...
Now this is CYA... given our annual volume, we'll double check ATF, DOJ, and where it's mandated, local paperwork each time. In the 40 years we've been in business we can count those dealers who have been selling guns (especially handguns) during that same 40 years on one hand, maybe two. Yet, we've lost track of the folks who've surrendered their licenses to ATF, DOJ or LAPD a long time ago...

If a sale and a pickup need a manager's okay, just have them process it while the employee "feeds" them more customers, rather than keep multiple customers waiting while two employees are occupied with one customer.

In principal you're right; in practice we can always improve our processes and get folks to multitask better rather than get caught up in tunnel vision.

As always, we appreciate your straightforward feedback.

Clownpuncher
12-01-2011, 9:13 PM
In principal you're right; in practice we can always improve our processes and get folks to multitask better rather than get caught up in tunnel vision.

Lean Six Sigma.... Works like a champ.

Whip those boys into shape :D

Ed_Hazard
12-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Any movement or word on participating in GSSF program?

CA Esq.
12-05-2011, 9:42 PM
We've had a huge few weeks of sales on guns and accessories, so we are thin coming out of our biggest Black Friday weekend ever. Which ad gun were you ready to buy?

Let us know and we can update you as to where we are on our next shipments. There are more than a few guns where we have completely sold out for a bit but we will continue to take deposits as we have all of those guns on constant order and re-order.

As you may be able to tell I am a new member of Calguns.net and quite frankly new to this wonderful hobby.

On November 27, I visited the Corona Turner's location and had a very good experience with the salesperson who helped me. This was my 2nd handgun purchase overall (my first being a Bersa Thunder .380 from Faith Armory in Temecula in September 2011) and I ended up going with the Sig Sauer SP 2022 chambered in 9mm. I got a great deal on this item as it also comes with a Sig laser free of charge! Nice touch...

Anyway, the salesperson indicated to me that the Corona store was out of stock on that particular model but that I could put a deposit down and Turner's would call me when their next shipment arrived so that I could complete the DROS process and begin the 10-day waiting period. So, I did just that but decided to just pay the entire purchase price right then and there.

My question is could you possibly give me some indication as to when I might expect a call from Turner's informing me that the item is in? I know you guys are likely running low on stock for most of your advertised specials, and that the SP 2022 is no exception but honestly, I am just chomping at the bit to get the DROS process started. Any insight you could provide would at least tide me over.

Thank you kindly...

dshortone
12-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Saw the .300 AAC Blackout ammo that you're carrying. Which rifles/uppers are you definitely planning on stocking, and what prices are you looking at too?

h0use
12-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Was wondering if you guys can get Draco pistols at a good price?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Any insight you could provide would at least tide me over.

Thank you kindly...

PM Sent. Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Saw the .300 AAC Blackout ammo that you're carrying. Which rifles/uppers are you definitely planning on stocking, and what prices are you looking at too?

S&W for sure- retail is still TBD- and possibly others like CMMG. We are doing special orders for still others. Contact your nearest Turner's and they can update you on the S&W pricing and availability and research pricing on other options.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Was wondering if you guys can get Draco pistols at a good price?

Contact the folks at Kearny Mesa or San Marcos and they can work with our buyer and see what we can do for you.

SwiftWiz
12-07-2011, 4:41 PM
Any turner's stores carry Speer ammunition? I've called Norwalk and they don't seem to carry any. Looking for Speer Gold Dot 45acp.

S.A.
12-07-2011, 5:02 PM
I'm hoping Turner's can start carrying .480 ammo. Thanks.

Slugo
12-07-2011, 9:35 PM

.480 Ruger? If so, I think I saw some at the Fountain Valley location when I was there the other day to get some primers. It might be worth a phone call to see if it is still there.

Good luck,

Slugo

Tee Why
12-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Hello,
I've a couple of issues I'm hoping you can help me with. First I wanted to get the Springfield XD 9 Essential kit before the 11/30/11 deadline to pick up the 3 extra magazines. So I stopped by the Pasadena store on 11/28/11 during lunch time to order one and start the DROS later as I just bought another gun from there on 11/04/11. The salesman looked on the computer and was calling other stores to reserve one for me as I was told I need to have a serial number on a gun prior to 11/30 to qualify for the free magazine offer. Well, he couldn't find one and I left to go back to work so I left him my number to call me.

I never got a call telling me of what happened, so I stopped by the store again on 11/30 to order the gun and try to qualify for the free magazines and was told that they are all sold out. So I put down a deposit to get on the waiting list that day. I called the store 2 days ago on 12/05/11 and was told they had one but it was promised to another customer. I then called on 12/6/11 and was told nothing is in stock. I e=mailed you 2 days ago and the general customer service e-mail yesterday to regarding this matter as I'm wondering when I can expect to start the DROS and have yet to get a response.

My second issue is on 11/21/11 I picked up my S&W M&P 45 from the Pasadena store and the gun was having consistent FTF issues, so I took it back on the 11/24/11. They told me that they would send it back to the warehouse to ship back to S&W for repairs and I'm wondering about how long that would take to get my gun back from S&W as I've been told that their service department may close down for the holidays. I'm starting to think that I made a mistake in going through the store since the gun was new and things may have been faster if I called S&W directly for repair services.

Thank you.

TriumphAndrew
12-08-2011, 8:39 AM
Any word on when you'll be carrying circuit judges?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-08-2011, 9:28 AM
Hello,
I've a couple of issues I'm hoping you can help me with....

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-08-2011, 9:34 AM
Any turner's stores carry Speer ammunition? I've called Norwalk and they don't seem to carry any. Looking for Speer Gold Dot 45acp.

We can order it for you, but we do not stock it these days as unfortunately it sells much slower than Winchester, Federal or Hornady defense ammo loadings.

Contact the nearest Turner's and they'll get you taken care of.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-08-2011, 9:38 AM

.480 Ruger? If so, I think I saw some at the Fountain Valley location when I was there the other day to get some primers. It might be worth a phone call to see if it is still there.

Good luck,

Slugo

.480 Ruger is a fairly slow seller for us and we've all but discontinued it. But as pointed out, we do have some (mostly Hornady) available here and there. We can always special order a specific load for you but you can also contact the Turner's nearest you and ask them to have some transferred from other stores if they don't have any in stock.

bonzaiii
12-08-2011, 9:45 AM
This is probably a dumb question but here goes. I purchased a gun at your Covina store yesterday. Is there any way to have it sent to the Reseda store to be picked up?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-08-2011, 9:52 AM
Any word on when you'll be carrying circuit judges?

How about :twoweeks:

Just kidding, we'll be getting something going on these shortly. We'll post in our "Now in stock" thread when we have them.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-08-2011, 9:53 AM
This is probably a dumb question but here goes. I purchased a gun at your Covina store yesterday. Is there any way to have it sent to the Reseda store to be picked up?

PM sent.

Tee Why
12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
PM sent.
Thank you for the prompt reply.

itlog
12-08-2011, 6:16 PM
I made a deposit on the SA XD9 5" (the one on the 2011 holiday flyer). I have been waiting more than a week now and nothing yet. Can someone tell me when it will be available?

Thanks!

AR-MAN88
12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
you'll need to pay in "full" first, plus a 10 day waiting period.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-09-2011, 8:22 AM
I made a deposit on the SA XD9 5" (the one on the 2011 holiday flyer). I have been waiting more than a week now and nothing yet. Can someone tell me when it will be available?

Thanks!

We got a ton of 4" Essentials this week from S.A. but they still owe us quite a few 4" and 5" standards. They should be here shortly.

you'll need to pay in "full" first, plus a 10 day waiting period.

Definitely yes on the 10-day wait but we are flexible in that we'll start a DROS on a gun we have in stock with a minimum layaway deposit, allowing you to pay the balance off at the end of your 10-day wait.

Joe Register
12-09-2011, 9:56 AM
When will you get more of the Chiappa .22 M1 carbines?

GOPOSTALMAIL
12-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Are there any hope for SCAR 17s FDE to come thru for people on waiting list next 6 months ?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-09-2011, 10:28 AM

Thanks!

PM sent with update.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-09-2011, 10:33 AM
When will you get more of the Chiappa .22 M1 carbines?

We have more on the way; we'll get an update on their expected ship date.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Are there any hope for SCAR 17s FDE to come thru for people on waiting list next 6 months ?

PM sent.

SwiftWiz
12-09-2011, 2:26 PM
Not a question, just agnoligement on a turners salesman. His name is Jesse at the Norwalk location. Best service at any gunshop I've been. He sold me an RIA tactical, went threw all the bells and whistles with great customer service. Give that guy some recognition :)

LBDamned
12-09-2011, 4:01 PM
^^^Is that the Asian/Philipino with a beard? (Sorry if I'm butchering his nationality)... if its same guy - I agree, he is very knowledgeable and great customer service - extremely helpful!

ogarcia_02
12-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Do you have an approximate date on when you will have a Weatherby PA 08 available? I put a deposit on one at the beginning of this month but nothing yet.

SwiftWiz
12-09-2011, 11:40 PM
^^^Is that the Asian/Philipino with a beard? (Sorry if I'm butchering his nationality)... if its same guy - I agree, he is very knowledgeable and great customer service - extremely helpful!

He does have a beard and does kinda look like a Filipino, but he is Hispanic. Dude is extremely helpful like you said.

gprotein
12-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I picked up a handgun last month, and I am in the process of buying 3 rifles at your Orange store but running into a few issues along the way. Not in stock, long transit time and a little bit of something else happened yesterday. Not too excited about the entire experience, I will send a PM to you as well.

ctseng15
12-11-2011, 9:57 PM
Hi Bill,

Sent you a PM regarding RIA 1911. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

MTD
12-11-2011, 9:59 PM
Beside calling each store, is there a better way to find out which Turner's would have NHC 1911 in stock?

Tee Why
12-11-2011, 10:37 PM

Thanks!

I made a deposit on a xd 9 essential kit on 11/30/11, from what I hear there was a shipment on 12/9/11. I was waiting for them to call and yesterday decided to call instead of waiting, they actually had one saved for me but I guess they were too busy to call. So I'd advise calling and checking.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Do you have an approximate date on when you will have a Weatherby PA 08 available? I put a deposit on one at the beginning of this month but nothing yet.

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-12-2011, 10:55 AM
I picked up a handgun last month, and I am in the process of buying 3 rifles at your Orange store but running into a few issues along the way. Not in stock, long transit time and a little bit of something else happened yesterday. Not too excited about the entire experience, I will send a PM to you as well.

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Beside calling each store, is there a better way to find out which Turner's would have NHC 1911 in stock?

Any of our stores can do that for you. Call the store that is closest to you and ask them if they have what you're looking for. If they do not, ask them to call and/or check our system for that item. They can also have that item transferred to that same store.

doubledgarage
12-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I saw a Sentry Safe Home Defense Center at the Pasadena store.

http://www.sentrysafe.com/Home_Defense/Home_Defense_Center

I didn't see a price tag. How much is that selling for? Forgot to check the weight. You guys think I can manhandle it into an upstairs room? Or will it be a 2 person job?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-13-2011, 2:52 PM
I saw a Sentry Safe Home Defense Center at the Pasadena store.

http://www.sentrysafe.com/Home_Defense/Home_Defense_Center

I didn't see a price tag. How much is that selling for? Forgot to check the weight. You guys think I can manhandle it into an upstairs room? Or will it be a 2 person job?

PM Sent on re: price.

Weight according to Sentry is 122#; but we lift and stack them by hand when when assembling store orders in the warehouse and they feel a bit lighter than that. Worst case, you can tip it over and slide it on the box a few steps at a time.

--
Bill

doubledgarage
12-13-2011, 3:06 PM
PM Sent on re: price.

Weight according to Sentry is 122#; but we lift and stack them by hand when when assembling store orders in the warehouse and they feel a bit lighter than that. Worst case, you can tip it over and slide it on the box a few steps at a time.

--
Bill

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

LBDamned
12-13-2011, 8:02 PM
is the 12 days of Christmas ad replacing this weeks Off the Hook Special?...

I usually get email by Tuesday afternoon for Wed Off the Hook Special... nothing today...

I have been contemplating the Remington 700 though :D

dre147
12-13-2011, 8:44 PM
Does Turners give any discount on floor model guns say if there are none left and its the only one left?

Distro
12-14-2011, 1:27 AM
is the 12 days of Christmas ad replacing this weeks Off the Hook Special?...

I usually get email by Tuesday afternoon for Wed Off the Hook Special... nothing today...

I have been contemplating the Remington 700 though :D

Yup.

These are pretty smoking prices very similar to our Weds "off-the-hook" specials and guns, shooting and even some fishing specials. (Please note that there will not be any Weds specials during the next two weeks.)

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-14-2011, 8:33 AM
Yup.

Yup, what he said :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-14-2011, 9:52 AM
Does Turners give any discount on floor model guns say if there are none left and its the only one left?

If the gun is not pristine, yes. This time of year, guns are moving in and out so fast, that a lot of displays show little if any sign of being on display but things happen - customers and sometimes ourselves :o.

If we are down to the display model, just get one of the managers involved and we'll see what we can do.

Ihatezombies
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Turners is a great place to buy a gun!

gprotein
12-14-2011, 3:51 PM
If the gun is not pristine, yes. This time of year, guns are moving in and out so fast, that a lot of displays show little if any sign of being on display but things happen - customers and sometimes ourselves :o.

If we are down to the display model, just get one of the managers involved and we'll see what we can do.

That's exactly what happened to me at Orange: none in stock, long transit time, so I have to take the floor models. One manager said yes, but the other overrode him. I'm pretty irritated. Btw, I called Rob, but no reply. I'm thinking about canceling all 3 rifles.

robz@turners
12-15-2011, 4:36 PM
That's exactly what happened to me at Orange: none in stock, long transit time, so I have to take the floor models. One manager said yes, but the other overrode him. I'm pretty irritated. Btw, I called Rob, but no reply. I'm thinking about canceling all 3 rifles.

Pm sent

FLIPSIDE
12-15-2011, 8:15 PM
I have a shotgun on DROS right now picking it up monday 12/19 I'm thinking about getting the wasr 10 & mosin nagant since they are on sale this week can I get them w/o going thru the 10 day waiting period

SwiftWiz
12-15-2011, 8:20 PM

Well last week I picked up a 1911 that was down to the display model, in all the stores. I asked twice if I could get a discount for it being the display model for quite a while and I was denied. I was pretty bummed about it.

Garand1911
12-15-2011, 10:07 PM
If i buy 2 long guns at turners do i need to fill out 2 FFL 4473s ?
The clerk says yes, that each gun needs its own, but i know there are multiple lines on the back.

Also ive noticed that the DROS fees get combined with the gun cost, and then together they are taxed ? at least it appears that way.
I thought you couldnt charge taxes on DROS fees ???

ke6guj
12-15-2011, 11:28 PM
The clerk says yes, that each gun needs its own, but i know there are multiple lines on the back.there should be no problem buying two long guns at the same time at Turners and filling out one 4473 and one DROS.

Also ive noticed that the DROS fees get combined with the gun cost, and then together they are taxed ? at least it appears that way.
I thought you couldnt charge taxes on DROS fees ???it may appear that way to you, but the DROS fees are considered tax exempt and should be coded that way in Turner's system. To confirm that, take the cost of the gun and figure out what the tax would be on just that and see if that is what you actually paid in tax. It was that way when I checked it recently.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-16-2011, 8:52 AM
:)I have a shotgun on DROS right now picking it up monday 12/19 I'm thinking about getting the wasr 10 & mosin nagant since they are on sale this week can I get them w/o going thru the 10 day waiting period

We've heard that some dealers will do this outright, and others do this on the sly on occasion, but we've been directed by DOJ (and thus our lawyers) not to do this.

We've read the nearly epic threads here on CGN and elsewhere with folk's opinions- some are very thoughtful, others not so much... And, so this doesn't turn into another one about this subject, we do understand and appreciate a lot of what's been said relative to what folks think the DOJ can or cannot do with regards to this practice, but we'll continue to do what we've been advised to do.

So, once we've started DROS with one long gun (or more ), we will not "add-on" additional long guns to that same DROS at a later date.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-16-2011, 8:58 AM
Well last week I picked up a 1911 that was down to the display model, in all the stores. I asked twice if I could get a discount for it being the display model for quite a while and I was denied. I was pretty bummed about it.

Keep in mind, we can always (unless a gun is discontinued, one-time buy, etc.) get a non-display back in stock, but depending on the gun, it could take a few days to a few weeks, sometimes longer.

If the guns has cosmetic issues, managers can jump in and work with our buyers or their sales/mgmt director and see what we can do. If the gun is looks good, it's less likely to be discounted.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-16-2011, 9:04 AM
The clerk says yes, that each gun needs its own, but i know there are multiple lines on the back.

This is a limitation due to some of the POS system issues we've discussed elsewhere; we'll put multiple firearms on the 4473 beginning in Jan/Feb. Trust us we hate filling them out as much as you do.

I thought you couldnt charge taxes on DROS fees ???

The cumulative DROS fees (DROS, Safety Fee, EQ fee) are not taxed. The .39 to .41 is tax on the dealer portion of the DROS fee.

Ricky-Ray
12-16-2011, 3:25 PM
Not a Turner's Firearms question but still a Turner's question.

Would Turner's consider carrying Mexican Fishing License? I usually get my CA license at the pasadena location but in order to get my Mexican license I have to 30 miles to one of my other tackle shops to get the license.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-16-2011, 6:46 PM
Not a Turner's Firearms question but still a Turner's question.

Would Turner's consider carrying Mexican Fishing License? I usually get my CA license at the pasadena location but in order to get my Mexican license I have to 30 miles to one of my other tackle shops to get the license.

We carried them for a bit in our SD stores, Fountain Valley and Reseda for a bit a few years back but we didn't sell a ton of them and dealing with the federales was an interesting and exhausting exercise at times (it's not quite like dealing with CA DFG...)

We're going to take a fresh look at it and see if it might be a bit easier to deal with these days.

gprotein
12-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Pm sent

The issue is resolved and everything is good again. Thanks for your reply.

LBDamned
12-19-2011, 3:12 PM
Does (or will) Turners have the pink Federal 12 gauge target loads? http://www.federalpremium.com/promotions/press_releases.aspx?id=342&brand=5&year=2011

I'm taking GF and her daughter to range pretty soon and need some low recoil ammo - and the fact that this is pink is perfect for them!

Cheaper than Dirt carries it for $5.66 per box - but thought I'd try and get it from Turners first...

ke6guj
12-19-2011, 3:19 PM
Does (or will) Turners have the pink Federal 12 gauge target loads? http://www.federalpremium.com/promotions/press_releases.aspx?id=342&brand=5&year=2011

I'm taking GF and her daughter to range pretty soon and need some low recoil ammo - and the fact that this is pink is perfect for them!

Cheaper than Dirt carries it for $5.66 per box - but thought I'd try and get it from Turners first...
pretty sure that I saw some at the Rancho store on Saturday.

LBDamned
12-19-2011, 3:20 PM
pretty sure that I saw some at the Rancho store on Saturday.

cool thanks... I'm going to the Norwalk store tomorrow, I'll check for it

Edit - just called Norwalk and Signal Hill... both are out... I guess it was released in Oct for breast cancer awareness... I dont know why Cabella's lists it as "new" :confused: - but I ordered some from them...

Zwhetz
12-19-2011, 9:13 PM

Edit - just called Norwalk and Signal Hill... both are out... I guess it was released in Oct for breast cancer awareness... I dont know why Cabella's lists it as "new" :confused: - but I ordered some from them...

I just bought a few boxes from the Chino Hills store a couple days ago, I think they still have them.

steadyrock
12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm wanting to pick up two Marlin 795s to teach my boys on - too late for Christmas possession, but that's OK. I called the Orange store today, he said he and all the other stores were out. Is my best bet to come in and put a deposit on the next 2 he gets in? We can't do the DROS and start the 10 day without the actual rifles in hand. Can I still get the Marlin $25 rebate on these if the transit process takes longer than there are days left in the rebate period? I guess to say it another way - what is the likelihood that I can get these in time to take advantage of the rebate, and what can I do to increase that likelihood?

onegtalon
12-20-2011, 2:47 AM
Sorry if this was asked before... Why aren't you up north?

Sent from my iPhone...

dougolupski
12-20-2011, 4:01 AM
I'm wanting to pick up two Marlin 795s to teach my boys on - too late for Christmas possession, but that's OK. I called the Orange store today, he said he and all the other stores were out. Is my best bet to come in and put a deposit on the next 2 he gets in? We can't do the DROS and start the 10 day without the actual rifles in hand. Can I still get the Marlin $25 rebate on these if the transit process takes longer than there are days left in the rebate period? I guess to say it another way - what is the likelihood that I can get these in time to take advantage of the rebate, and what can I do to increase that likelihood?

that's a good father.

04_e46
12-20-2011, 5:08 AM
went to the Rancho Cucamonga store the other day in hopes of getting a SA 1911 Loaded, but that store was out. Do you know how long it'll take to get one on order?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-20-2011, 9:33 AM

Corona had quite a few, too. We had them ship some up here to Rancho, but I believe we didn't clean them out.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-20-2011, 9:39 AM

We'll honor sale prices through the end of the flyer, so you'll be good there. But Marlin will not be shipping us another order until January .... :mad:; they are just plain sold out of 795's and 60's.

Unlike some other factories we work with, Marlin's rebate has a hard stop date of 12/31- any gun not picked up by that date will not be eligible for the rebate. (Other factories give our customers a bit of leeway when they are slow to ship and in light of our 10-day waiting period; Marlin does not.)

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-20-2011, 9:46 AM
Sorry if this was asked before... Why aren't you up north?

Sent from my iPhone...

We'll be doing something in 2012 with new stores but how far north that will be is yet to be determined... but anything north of mid-state will have to wait a bit longer.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-20-2011, 9:50 AM
went to the Rancho Cucamonga store the other day in hopes of getting a SA 1911 Loaded, but that store was out. Do you know how long it'll take to get one on order?

Some, well, most... SA pistols are taking a bit of time to get. It's best to get the model information to the Turner's store closest to you and have them work with our buyer and our SA rep and see if they can narrow it down for you a bit.

Sonny188
12-22-2011, 7:19 AM
I went to Turner's Kearny Mesa last Saturday morning wanting to purchase a HK MP5SD .22lr but had to put a downpayment on it as it is not in stock. I am wondering why this is on sale if it is not in stock? Thanks for any input.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I went to Turner's Kearny Mesa last Saturday morning wanting to purchase a HK MP5SD .22lr but had to put a downpayment on it as it is not in stock. I am wondering why this is on sale if it is not in stock? Thanks for any input.

We've sold out of the Umarex MP5SD's twice since our Christmas flyer started on November 24th; they as popular as the GSG version and Umarex has been to slow to ship so we've run out in between reorders.

We have them on perpetual reorder but Umarex is just not keeping those orders. As we always do, we'll fill deposits in order of earliest paid date.

Sonny188
12-22-2011, 2:25 PM
Many thanks for the explanation Turners!

h0use
12-27-2011, 1:53 PM
At turners san Marcos both registers are down still... Allmost 20min due to taking in consignments? Still waiting to be checked out?!

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-27-2011, 2:56 PM
At turners san Marcos both registers are down still... Allmost 20min due to taking in consignments? Still waiting to be checked out?!

They have an intermittent issue with that. We've got a workaround for that.... we'll ask them why they didn't use it :facepalm:

Our new system will be going in starting mid/late Jan and will be complete in all stores by late Feb. Once it's gone, we'll have more less relic from the prior ownership to overcome- can't wait.

LBDamned
12-27-2011, 7:57 PM
are we going back to weekly "Off the Hook Special" and CalGuns special?...

I maxed out the 12 days of Christmas and the after Christmas sale... now I'm itchin' for the regular weekly deals (it's what gets me through the week :p)

Ricky-Ray
12-27-2011, 11:41 PM

I maxed out the 12 days of Christmas and the after Christmas sale... now I'm itchin' for the regular weekly deals (it's what gets me through the week :p)

man.....you've got it bad... LOL

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-28-2011, 2:51 PM

Well... that was the plan but... there were some crossed wires along the lines of them continuing the week after Christmas (today) vs. the week after the flyer ended (Jan. 4th).

They will be back on Jan. 4th.

Calguns Specials have been weekly for the last few months and we plan on keeping that way...

LBDamned
12-28-2011, 4:21 PM
^^^ thank you sir.

I guess just sit here and twitch until Friday (and next Wed)... :D

h0use
12-28-2011, 6:44 PM
Can't wait for more deals!!

drunktank
12-29-2011, 6:40 PM
Hi there, any idea how long it takes to get a CZ75 SA in 9mm? It's special ordered and paid for. Salesman told me no idea, but a ballpark figure would be great! AcuSport told me they've only had 3 all year! Thanks!

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-30-2011, 5:55 AM
Hi there, any idea how long it takes to get a CZ75 SA in 9mm? It's special ordered and paid for. Salesman told me no idea, but a ballpark figure would be great! AcuSport told me they've only had 3 all year! Thanks!

CZ has been slow to ship all year. We're told that some of the issues on some models for CA are just a matter of magazine availability but we're sure that current strong demand is also a factor.

Contact the store and have one of the managers contact our office or our CZ rep and press them for to see if they can give you a more definite delivery window.

drunktank
12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks!

bonzaiii
12-31-2011, 7:54 AM
I'm just curious about something. I've been in the Reseda store several times and it seems as if the store is pretty much divided in half with the guns being on the right and fishing equipment on the left. What I have noticed is every time I've been there the gun side is packed with people but I've yet to see anyone on the fishing side. I'm just curious if the gun side really does a much more business than the fishing side as it appears and if so why more space is not used for gun supplies. Just something I've wondered.

LBDamned
12-31-2011, 10:21 AM
^^^ I shop at three different Turners, Nor, SH, FV - I'm in Nor & SH often... you are correct, there is very little (if any) traffic in the fishing area - and yes the gun side always has customers.

Maybe the mark-up on the fishing stuff is enough to keep it around - even with minimal sales?

Cokebottle
12-31-2011, 2:55 PM
Same with Chino Hills.

Now that you mention it, not all of the Turner's I've been to have two counters... but of those that do, ya.. the employee covering the fishing counter could spend all day posting on Bloodydecks and not miss a sale :D

hash browns
01-01-2012, 9:28 PM
Are gun locks returnable, if unopened, with receipt?

ke6guj
01-01-2012, 9:30 PM

I've returned them before.

LBDamned
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM

I do it with Walmart all the time... I dont do it with the gun dealer just because I dont want to burden them (kind of a weird respect thing)... it's a minor hassle, but it happens so seldom that I dont mind ( and I end up buying other stuff at Walmart when I return it - so they arent getting screwed).

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-02-2012, 1:06 PM
I'm just curious about something. I've been in the Reseda store several times and it seems as if the store is pretty much divided in half with the guns being on the right and fishing equipment on the left. What I have noticed is every time I've been there the gun side is packed with people but I've yet to see anyone on the fishing side. I'm just curious if the gun side really does a much more business than the fishing side as it appears and if so why more space is not used for gun supplies. Just something I've wondered.

^^^ I shop at three different Turners, Nor, SH, FV - I'm in Nor & SH often... you are correct, there is very little (if any) traffic in the fishing area - and yes the gun side always has customers.

Maybe the mark-up on the fishing stuff is enough to keep it around - even with minimal sales?

We constantly evaluate our store layout's and selection and we'll do so as we move forward in 2012. Keep in mind that we've been doing this since 1971 and over that 40+ years, we've been fortunate to have good shooting sports sales in soft fishing years and certainly, this last 3 years notwithstanding, we've had tackle years that helped us through years of soft gun sales.

Southbay
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Will you be selling the Ruger SR22 pistol?

Thanks

Mark

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-03-2012, 2:05 PM
Will you be selling the Ruger SR22 pistol?

Thanks

Mark

Yes and we should have them in the system later this month and available shortly thereafter. We'll have firm pricing by then as well.

Captain Neon
01-03-2012, 8:16 PM
Okay, I've thought of a question.

I special ordered a Walther P99 and paid in full, back in August. Of the guns I've ordered over the years I've never had to wait this long. I'm aware Walther has spotty import intervals so I could be waiting a while.

Do special orders expire?

I asked at West Covina and manager Jordon didn't know if they do or not, though he recalled an eight month wait once.

drifter2be
01-03-2012, 9:28 PM
Here's my question. Why are the people that work at the Rancho Cucamonga store such *******s? The guy who was in charge of the gun counter on Saturday was a complete dick, and refused to perform a PPT. Needless to say the entire experience has turned me off from ever returning to one of your stores, went to Bass Pro and they were helpful, courteous, and informed me that you are not allowed to turn away a PPT if you are an FFL. Luckily I am not as much of an ******* as the guy who was incharge behind the gun counter on the 31st otherwise I would have reported what happened. Between that and the Pasadena location being unable to perform a PPT in under 75 minutes from start to finish and the general incompetence of the employees at the San Marcos location I am just done with you guys.

Only nice thing I have to say is that the employees at the Corona location are awesome, manager is a great guy, and the guys working the gun counter are extremely helpful and courteous. One was kind enough to spend half an hour going over everything on a gun that my GF bought. You guys need to work on your customer service elsewhere though. I have done almost all my purchases through turners over the last year, and you have now lost me as a customer.

Iowegian
01-04-2012, 6:14 AM
The latest news on these is that we'd see things no sooner than November and frankly even that was seemingly qualified with a "likely" or "maybe".

We ordered these at SHOT last year, like every dealer or distributor, knowing that they'd sell well and that demand would be huge. And everyone knew that it might be months. No one, though, could have guessed that Kel-Tec would have gotten ahead of themselves so much that the wait has been become so much longer than even they guessed it might be.

Any word for the tortured souls on the pre-order list??;)

gametime
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Any idea on when/if you'll be stocking the new Winchester Model 70 Featerhweight? I'll be looking for one later this year and wanted to know if you might be carrying it in 30-06.

Regards,
Manuel

Garand1911
01-04-2012, 1:02 PM
This might of been asked before.
What is the policy, procedures, and fees in regards to Special Order C&R handguns from places like AIM or classicarms ?

Sonny188
01-05-2012, 4:48 PM
Hi Turner's,

Any info on the Umarex HK MP5 SD shipments? Please advise if they have arrived.

Thanks,
Sonny188

Japsican
01-06-2012, 9:24 AM
Hello,

Will Turner's price match on a firearm that has already been purchased? At my 10 day pickup (yesterday) I noticed that the rifle is on sale for cheaper in the Turners ad.

Thanks

Ricky-Ray
01-06-2012, 9:41 AM
Hello,

Will Turner's price match on a firearm that has already been purchased? At my 10 day pickup (yesterday) I noticed that the rifle is on sale for cheaper in the Turners ad.

Thanks

It has been discussed before. Talk to the store manager and they will make some sort of adjustment.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Okay, I've thought of a question.

I special ordered a Walther P99 and paid in full, back in August. Of the guns I've ordered over the years I've never had to wait this long. I'm aware Walther has spotty import intervals so I could be waiting a while.

Do special orders expire?

I asked at West Covina and manager Jordon didn't know if they do or not, though he recalled an eight month wait once.

Contact our store manager in WC and have him work with our buyers for a more definitive date. Your order will not expire per say, but there is no cancellation fee if you want to roll into something else or if you want to cancel the order in cases where a gun is just not available.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
.... Rancho Cucamonga... PPT... refusal...

PM sent...

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Any word for the tortured souls on the pre-order list??;)

We hope to get an update from them directly when we meet at SHOT, the week after next.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Any idea on when/if you'll be stocking the new Winchester Model 70 Featerhweight? I'll be looking for one later this year and wanted to know if you might be carrying it in 30-06.

Regards,
Manuel

We'll not likely stock that rifle, but we can do special orders on it when it becomes available.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 10:40 AM
This might of been asked before.
What is the policy, procedures, and fees in regards to Special Order C&R handguns from places like AIM or classicarms ?

We generally do not do FFL transfers on guns bought from online and/or out-of-state dealers.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi Turner's,

Any info on the Umarex HK MP5 SD shipments? Please advise if they have arrived.

Thanks,
Sonny188

We just received the standard model but not SD's ....:mad:

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Hello,

Thanks

It has been discussed before. Talk to the store manager and they will make some sort of adjustment.

Yep, PM sent with same info; thank you.

pchavez
01-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Members only special this week?

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Members only special this week?

Yes... :o

We're in the middle of year-end inventory and we're more than a bit out of synch ....

socalbowhunter
01-06-2012, 3:55 PM
Any chance of a reloading seminar? I think a lot of us would be interested in seeing exactly what needs to be done and exactly what to buy. Maybe Rob Zubak could do one in the San Bernardino store or even at the new store in Rancho. Heck, I'd probably drive to OC for one.
I want to get into reloading but I'd like to see what it takes, equipment and process.
Thanks

monk
01-06-2012, 4:10 PM
Yes... :o

We're in the middle of year-end inventory and we're more than a bit out of synch ....

If you guys need any help unloading that inventory just let us know. :D

Batman
01-06-2012, 6:49 PM
Any plans for a Calguns Special on the new Masterpiece Arms MPA30SST-CA?

sph
01-06-2012, 9:06 PM
Hi there- I bought a sig pro 2022 on wednesday evening in Pasadena. As part of the sale I am supposed to receive a free laser, but I forgot to get confirmation on my receipt and I imagine that when I pick up my gun after the 10 day, the promotion will no longer be active. Can you provide me with some sort of voucher in a PM just to make sure there is no issue.

Thanks a lot!

kalaca
01-07-2012, 8:41 AM
When is the Temecula store coming!

KeithG
01-09-2012, 8:46 AM
Is this one of the times I should be more patient?

Having decided to buy a SIG P226 Navy (E26R-9-NSWG), I visited Turner's Torrance store and saw one displayed. Asking about availability NIB (the display item had a nicked crown), I was told, "no problem." I continued shopping that weekend and returned on Monday, December fifth to make my purchase (another local store had inventory but wouldn't match the Turner's price, and Turner's is less than a mile from my home :) ).

When the salesperson finished the purchase paperwork and started on the DROS, she told me that she did not have a serial number, but should have one in seven to ten days. No problem for me. When I asked her to write that on the paperwork, she said she would write, "up to two months." Still no problem so long as I am assured that I would definately be getting the pistol I wanted. I was told that there would be no problem.

Not having the pistol to shoot, I have spent a fair bit of time since then reading all about it. I caught an article about the SIG MK25 that suggested that the Navy was being discontinued. I telephoned SIG in Exeter, NH and they said that the Navy was "still available in the market," but was indeed being replaced by the MK25 (I would be happy with the MK25, but is is not on the Safe Guns list). Concerned, I visited Turner's to speak with a manager. He took my contact information and said he would follow up, which he did. When the manager called me, I was again assured that Turner's would deliver, but not until February: Better late than never.

Now I see that SIG has made it official: they have moved the item to the Discontinued Pistols (http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/discontinued-products-discontinued-pistols.aspx) page.

In the meantime, my other local store that had inventory in December is now sold out. Other area retailers report the same condition (though I have seen a couple Internet ads from out-of-state sellers). Finally, the Turner's display model has been sold.

Can I trust what Turner's has promised or am I going to be disappointed?

Thank you.

~ Keith

JNunez23
01-10-2012, 1:21 AM
When will you be receiving more of the JD Machine stripped lower receivers? I was told Pasadena had them in stock, and of course this is not true once I actually get there to buy one. If I back order one, when will I actually receive it?

Also, is it true Turners will be carrying Spike's Tactical soon?

Thanks for your time,

JN

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-10-2012, 9:10 AM
Any chance of a reloading seminar? I think a lot of us would be interested in seeing exactly what needs to be done and exactly what to buy. Maybe Rob Zubak could do one in the San Bernardino store or even at the new store in Rancho. Heck, I'd probably drive to OC for one.
I want to get into reloading but I'd like to see what it takes, equipment and process.
Thanks

As we rebuild our reloading dept- and we just got Dillon back into the warehouse, it should be in most stores next week- we are going to do some training for our employees and we'll see if we can pull off a consumer seminar, too.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-10-2012, 9:11 AM
Any plans for a Calguns Special on the new Masterpiece Arms MPA30SST-CA?

Not until you mentioned it; we'll take a look and see if we can.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-10-2012, 9:12 AM
Hi there- I bought a sig pro 2022 on wednesday evening in Pasadena. As part of the sale I am supposed to receive a free laser, but I forgot to get confirmation on my receipt and I imagine that when I pick up my gun after the 10 day, the promotion will no longer be active. Can you provide me with some sort of voucher in a PM just to make sure there is no issue.

Thanks a lot!

You should be fine. Just call Dustin at the store and he'll take care of you.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-10-2012, 9:12 AM
When is the Temecula store coming!

Soon ... :p

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-10-2012, 9:19 AM
Is this one of the times I should be more patient?

Having decided to buy a SIG P226 Navy (E26R-9-NSWG), I visited Turner's Torrance store and saw one displayed...

Thank you.

~ Keith

PM Sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-10-2012, 9:29 AM
When will you be receiving more of the JD Machine stripped lower receivers? I was told Pasadena had them in stock, and of course this is not true once I actually get there to buy one. If I back order one, when will I actually receive it?

Also, is it true Turners will be carrying Spike's Tactical soon?

Thanks for your time,

JN

We are buying (and selling) quite a few J.D. lowers at a time. They seem to be shipping us every 10-14 days, so we should have some more shortly. They are great quality and a great buy so demand is huge.

Keep in mind that JD builds so many OEM lowers for other brands, that is unlikely that we'll add other JD-made lowers marketed under other name brands.

PM sent.

0351USMC
01-10-2012, 10:29 AM
you sell Saiga Sporting Rifles ?

KeithG
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
PM Sent.

DROS date 01/10/2012 10:30 AM

Thank you Turner's!

~ Keith

Sleighter
01-10-2012, 1:23 PM
I'm interested in picking up a CZ 75b or SP-01 as soon as I can find one. I asked at the Rancho store about availability and was told it could be "2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months...who knows." While I understand there is some leeway in order deliveries, can you help nail down when you might see them, or should I look elsewhere?

JackRydden224
01-10-2012, 1:50 PM
Any plans for a President's Day sale?

I'm looking for the GSG 1911 at $319. It was at this price back in August or September of last year but ever since then it has been at $349. Thanks!

JCM
01-10-2012, 3:44 PM
See the Rossi M92 in 44mag is the special tomorrow... see the .44 all the time but never the .357, you guys have that?

drunktank
01-10-2012, 6:37 PM
I've sent an email to Rob Z. regarding a complaint about an assistant manager. If I email corporate will it have a negative impact on the store manager as well? Thanks for the help.

FourLoko
01-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Couldn't find any AR mags at the Reseda store. Also I think you claim you stock the UBBT mags. Might be wise to get some in stock considering all of the S&W AR15s being sold.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm interested in picking up a CZ 75b or SP-01 as soon as I can find one. I asked at the Rancho store about availability and was told it could be "2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months...who knows." While I understand there is some leeway in order deliveries, can you help nail down when you might see them, or should I look elsewhere?

CZ continues to ship us very slowly, and when they do, we are not getting a lot of guns. Unfortunately, the store is correct- we cannot get them to commit to any specifics. We do have a meeting with them next week at SHOT, so hopefully we can get some updates on what they can ship and when it'll ship.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Any plans for a President's Day sale?

I'm looking for the GSG 1911 at $319. It was at this price back in August or September of last year but ever since then it has been at $349. Thanks!

GSG raised their prices in the early fall, so our sale priced changed along with it. If we have enough in stock, maybe we'll have a CGN special somewhere down the road.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
See the Rossi M92 in 44mag is the special tomorrow... see the .44 all the time but never the .357, you guys have that?

Drop by Norwalk and talk with Rich or Jessie and we'll see if we can find one for you.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I've sent an email to Rob Z. regarding a complaint about an assistant manager. If I email corporate will it have a negative impact on the store manager as well? Thanks for the help.

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Couldn't find any AR mags at the Reseda store. Also I think you claim you stock the UBBT mags. Might be wise to get some in stock considering all of the S&W AR15s being sold.

They should have PMags this week; we had quite a few just arrive in the warehouse but they won't last long.

It's just not S&W's; all black rifles are flying and keeping any mag in stock right now is keeping our buyers pretty busy.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
you sell Saiga Sporting Rifles ?

We are carrying the higher end Arsenal models and we will be carrying some other models shortly.

Mac7504
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Edit: Just got a call from Russ....MINE IS IN

FourLoko
01-11-2012, 4:06 PM
We are carrying the higher end Arsenal models and we will be carrying some other models shortly.

Since he went there, the AK selection at Reseda was severely lacking. The only wood furniture AK had a tag on it saying "Do Not Sell" and the only Arsenal anything was their silly shotgun.

banzaijohn
01-11-2012, 4:19 PM
Why does it take the Reseda store so long to update their listing of used and consigned firearms? They have a Yugo SKS listed at $299 that has been sold for over two weeks. I called two weeks ago and was told, "If it's on the website, then it's available." I drive 40 miles only to find that it had been sold, coincidentally in the 45 minutes it took me to get there. I keep looking through the listings and the gun is still listed.

winnre
01-11-2012, 4:26 PM
I want to buy a single action Uberti 1873 Revolver buntline target pistol, new, fully legal in California, and available at MSRP $659. I took the web printout to a store manager and they said they can get it. I said okay get it and got a blank stare. Do you want 100% cash up front? Any other forms or what? I take it from the response that you do not do too much ordering from third parties.

Garand1911
01-11-2012, 5:53 PM
is Turners going to be at SHOT show ?

JackRydden224
01-12-2012, 2:22 AM

Any plans on carrying the 20" barrel models? You don't see those in any stores or any where else. I bet you guys can get a good amount of people who will go for it.

Viper49
01-12-2012, 7:29 AM
Any chance you folk will carry the CZ455 Combo sometime in the future?:)

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-12-2012, 4:05 PM
Why does it take the Reseda store so long to update their listing of used and consigned firearms? They have a Yugo SKS listed at $299 that has been sold for over two weeks. I called two weeks ago and was told, "If it's on the website, then it's available." I drive 40 miles only to find that it had been sold, coincidentally in the 45 minutes it took me to get there. I keep looking through the listings and the gun is still listed.

:confused: we agree ...., e-mail on the way to store...

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-12-2012, 4:09 PM
I want to buy a single action Uberti 1873 Revolver buntline target pistol, new, fully legal in California, and available at MSRP $659. I took the web printout to a store manager and they said they can get it. I said okay get it and got a blank stare. Do you want 100% cash up front? Any other forms or what? I take it from the response that you do not do too much ordering from third parties.

We can buy from a number of sources, including direct with most manufacturers.

PM Sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-12-2012, 4:13 PM
is Turners going to be at SHOT show ?

Yep.

Our purchasing and senior staff, and a few of our store managers will be there in "buying" mode.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-12-2012, 4:15 PM
Any plans on carrying the 20" barrel models? You don't see those in any stores or any where else. I bet you guys can get a good amount of people who will go for it.

We'll take a look. BTW, who's the importer for the one you had in mind?

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-12-2012, 4:18 PM
Any chance you folk will carry the CZ455 Combo sometime in the future?:)

We can order just about anything from CZ (them shipping it... well, sometimes that's another story ... :rolleyes: ) but it'd be likely to be a special order item instead of a regularly stocked item.

mltcjl76
01-13-2012, 8:29 AM
Like others have posted, layaway is the reason I have been able to buy several guns from Turners. Bringing it back to 90 or even 120 days would make a big difference in my purchasing habits.

I don't understand why I have seen a lot of sales staff knock certain brands and then say the higher priced competitor is better. I research just about every detail you can on a purchase. The items I finally buy are based on quality of the product and manufacturers response to my pre-sales questions. I have not purchased a SGL-21 from Arsenal Inc. because they have not responded to emails or phone calls. I own Accurate reels and LMT rifles because they understand what it takes to be a leader in their field. Yet, when I have asked about Accurate reels with your staff, they were supposedly pulled from your stores because they "suck." My guess is that the true story is related to past financial issues with previous owners.

My final comment is with the inconsistency of how guns are delivered. In my case, I have been around guns for about 20 years so, I am familiar with what I am buying and can speak the language. I have seen with most customers when picking up, the sales person goes through the entire weapon in detail with the customer. In my case it is typically serial number check and final paperwork see ya later. The sales staff should never assume that the buyer knows what they are doing. I had no clue what I was doing with my M1A when I purchased it.

Sgt. J Beezy
01-13-2012, 8:57 AM
Why doesn't anyone (including Turners) offer discounts for veterans? I served my country proudly and honorably, having been deployed to combat zones multiple times, and now when the service members are out its as if the time they had served is done and forgotten. A military discount should extend to those having served in the military and did so honorably. I will always carry myself to a higher standard because I am a veteran, and it just disappoints me that society is so quick to deny a measly 10% discount because I am not currently "active duty." It is B.S.! Especially for a generation who if you have been in the military in the last ten years there is a great possibility that you served our country in a combat zone. I don't see how anyone can justifiably deny a combat vet a 10% discount, but every time I buy something from Turners I get denied because it is "Company Policy." Please explain and justify this "policy."

ke6guj
01-13-2012, 9:18 AM
why not just offer the best prices you can to everyone?

socalbowhunter
01-13-2012, 2:34 PM
I DROS'd a handgun at the San Berdoo store on Dec 28th. Picked it up on Jan 7th. I have another handgun on layaway at the San Berdoo store. When can I start the DROS on it? Is it 30 days after I initiate the previous DROS or is it 30 days after I pick the previous gun up?

Thanks

ke6guj
01-13-2012, 3:14 PM
I DROS'd a handgun at the San Berdoo store on Dec 28th. Picked it up on Jan 7th. I have another handgun on layaway at the San Berdoo store. When can I start the DROS on it? Is it 30 days after I initiate the previous DROS or is it 30 days after I pick the previous gun up?

Thanks
12072(a)(9)(A) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person within any 30-day period.

socalbowhunter
01-13-2012, 3:40 PM
Yes, I know what the law says but does that mean I can start a new DROS 30 days after initiating the previous DROS and 20 days after picking that gun up?

Ricky-Ray
01-13-2012, 3:52 PM
If i remember correctly it's 30 day's after the dros starts.

JNunez23
01-13-2012, 4:25 PM
Hello,

Doe's Turners carry RIA 1911's? Or can you possibly order one in the store? Thanks for your time.

ke6guj
01-13-2012, 4:40 PM
Yes, I know what the law says but does that mean I can start a new DROS 30 days after initiating the previous DROS and 20 days after picking that gun up?
make an application = start a DROS

Reloaderdave
01-13-2012, 5:39 PM
I have a simple question....
I'm a gun guy but a real good friend of mine is a fisherman. He told me that he does not go to Turners for any fishing gear because no one will help him when he has questions on fishing gear, that all the attention in the store, whatever store he is in has all the attention centered on the firearms side of the store. He said he would never shop for fishing supplies at Turners because no one seems to care about the fishing supplies and no one will offer any assistance.
Any feedback on this?
Dave

Cokebottle
01-13-2012, 5:50 PM
I'm a gun guy but a real good friend of mine is a fisherman. He told me that he does not go to Turners for any fishing gear because no one will help him when he has questions on fishing gear, that all the attention in the store, whatever store he is in has all the attention centered on the firearms side of the store. He said he would never shop for fishing supplies at Turners because no one seems to care about the fishing supplies and no one will offer any assistance.
Any feedback on this?
Dave
Not an answer to your question, but personally, a shop employee, unless it's an old timer that I know and trust (and know to have good results) is the last person I'm going to ask questions/advice of.

For fishing, Bloodydecks and other forums are a far better source of information than the kid working the counter at Big-5 or Turner's.

Reloaderdave
01-13-2012, 6:04 PM
I agree, but he told me that no one would help him even if he knew what
he wanted to purchase, and had it in his hand. Basically what he was
saying was he was not getting any sales assistance in the fishing dept
at all. He would give Turners his business, but as he told me, no one seems
to care. So he goes to Longfin in Orange to make his purchases.

socalbowhunter
01-13-2012, 8:01 PM
Any feedback on this?
Dave

Wow, I've been in a lot of Turners and I honestly can't believe that would happen. The guys who work the fishing counters usually love fishing and talking about gear. Every time I've been in a Turners the fishing guys are usually bored because no one comes to talk to them.
Tell your buddy to try again. Turners in Orange usually has great tackle guys. Fountain Valley as well.

LBDamned
01-14-2012, 1:12 AM
Any feedback on this?
Dave

can't he just shoot the fish? :p

JackRydden224
01-14-2012, 1:50 AM
We'll take a look. BTW, who's the importer for the one you had in mind?

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-762x39-rifle-with-20-barrel-iz133-p-432.html

Saiga. This is the specific one I am talking about with 20" barrel. I believe people use this model to convert the Saiga into the Saiganov. You can find the 16" barrel in most places but no one carries the 20" model. I've been looking online for the past week and cannot find one.

I think it will be to Turner's benefit to carry this model just because it's so rare. It'll be like having an exclusive.

Chaos47
01-14-2012, 2:58 AM
Hello,

Doe's Turners carry RIA 1911's? Or can you possibly order one in the store? Thanks for your time.

Yes they carry RIA. Iv'e seen both GI and Tactical in their stores.

JNunez23
01-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the response, any thoughts on them?

Yes they carry RIA. Iv'e seen both GI and Tactical in their stores.

socalbowhunter
01-14-2012, 5:59 PM
Thanks for the response, any thoughts on them?

Decent entry level 1911.

JNunez23
01-14-2012, 6:48 PM
More or less what I'm looking for. As this would be my first 1911. I won't argue price and quality as I'm not comparing apples to apples with the bigger names. But decent entry I take from all I have read. Thanks for your input.

Nice Lab btw! I have a 2 year old blonde English lab, he's a handful.

Decent entry level 1911.

CDC54
01-15-2012, 6:07 PM
Why no online store ?

chknlyps2
01-15-2012, 8:38 PM
Why is there no powder for sale at the San Marcos Store????

Tee Why
01-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Any word on availability of CZ 75B in 9mm?
My friend put a deposit on one last week and is waiting to hear if they tracked one down so she can start the DROS.
Thanks.

gr8dragon88
01-16-2012, 1:13 AM

Thanks

since there're 31 days in December, you can start a new DROS on 1/27.

i'd wait until 1/28 to be safe, unless you know exactly what time the DROS was submitted on 12/28 so you don't do it earlier than that on the 1/27.

Distro
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Why no online store ?

According to earlier last year it was scheduled for the end of 2011 but it was delayed. I think they said that they want to install a new sales system in their stores first. But, it supposed to be still in the works for sometime this year (hopefully earlier than later.) and hopefully it's awesome.

CDC54
01-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Yah during Xmas they has the Uplula speed loader on sale for like $25. I drove to two different ones both out. It would at least be nice to pay online and secure the price then pick up in store.

Mac7504
01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Yah during Xmas they has the Uplula speed loader on sale for like $25. I drove to two different ones both out. It would at least be nice to pay online and secure the price then pick up in store.

It would be awesome, but they'd have to have a entire different department just to manage this...(Hopefully, wouldn't affect costs).

Also, want to give a WHOOT (shout-out) to Huy at the Norwalk store for takin time to show me the Eotech + magnifier setup; he mounted it up, and showed me how to properly set it up. Thumbs up! He also showed me another lil something I was interested in.

CDC54
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
You mean wouldn't right ?

Mac7504
01-16-2012, 11:57 AM
You mean wouldn't right ?

Opps; fixed..lol.

CDC54
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Yah we don't need higher prices on anything else.

Distro
01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
If in-store pickup was too much too soon I would settle for the site simply showing what is in stock and in which store. It would be great, the small risk that it gets sold by the time I head over wouldn't be an issue.

CDC54
01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm down for that. Gas ain't cheap and even when you call half the time they can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Mac7504
01-16-2012, 1:20 PM
Yah we don't need higher prices on anything else.

Agreed; the online sales thing has the potential to boost sales, which, in turn, may actually help lower margins on a few items…Well, we can hope, can’t we? :p

CDC54
01-16-2012, 2:32 PM
Probably a 100k from the CalGunners alone

winnre
01-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Why doesn't anyone (including Turners) offer discounts for veterans? ....

They can't give everyone who made it out of basic training a discount! The line has to be drawn somewhere. There are those who also push it.

I never ask for a discount anywhere but if they see my Army ID in my wallet some folks offer a discount and I feel kinda honored and embarrassed. And I can assure you not many of us who are eligible scream for a discount. I don't pull anyone's chain or demand attention or praises or anything, I just have a job and do it. Now if they had a huge sign saying to claim my discount, fine. But nothing less will get me to ask. I'm kind of embarrassed by your post and cry for attention actually.

Today I saw a woman demanding a discount because she has a freakin' guard card! And no doubt the salesmen hear war stories from folks who served for six months before being chaptered out.

By the way Knott's gives all vets free admission in November, check it out.

Scratch705
01-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Why doesn't anyone (including Turners) offer discounts for veterans? I served my country proudly and honorably, having been deployed to combat zones multiple times, and now when the service members are out its as if the time they had served is done and forgotten. A military discount should extend to those having served in the military and did so honorably. I will always carry myself to a higher standard because I am a veteran, and it just disappoints me that society is so quick to deny a measly 10% discount because I am not currently "active duty." It is B.S.! Especially for a generation who if you have been in the military in the last ten years there is a great possibility that you served our country in a combat zone. I don't see how anyone can justifiably deny a combat vet a 10% discount, but every time I buy something from Turners I get denied because it is "Company Policy." Please explain and justify this "policy."

It is great that you chose to go and serve the country but to "demand" a discount because of it? that just sounds like a baby crying for attention.

You stated yourself that you carry yourself to a higher standard than average citizens, and you can proudly say you are of the few that can call themselves veterans, what more do you really want? Veterans have 2 national holidays, many other businesses offer discounts if not free items to veterans, how much more do you want? And where do you draw the line? Do you also demand discounts at the grocery market, car dealership, electronics store, etc too? What makes a gun store that much more important to give a discount than every other business out there?

LBDamned
01-20-2012, 6:47 AM
They can't give everyone who made it out of basic training a discount! The line has to be drawn somewhere. There are those who also push it.

I never ask for a discount anywhere but if they see my Army ID in my wallet some folks offer a discount and I feel kinda honored and embarrassed. And I can assure you not many of us who are eligible scream for a discount. I don't pull anyone's chain or demand attention or praises or anything, I just have a job and do it. Now if they had a huge sign saying to claim my discount, fine. But nothing less will get me to ask. I'm kind of embarrassed by your post and cry for attention actually.

Today I saw a woman demanding a discount because she has a freakin' guard card! And no doubt the salesmen hear war stories from folks who served for six months before being chaptered out.

By the way Knott's gives all vets free admission in November, check it out.

Respectable, honorable and commendable!!! Great post, you deserve a discount for that post alone!

dshortone
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
winnre, Scratch705, and LBDamned

I actually was infuriated at the DEMAND of a discount (which is always optional from retailers!). I didn't want this tarnishing our image that we have worked so hard to make, and it makes you really wonder why some folks join.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Like others have posted, layaway is the reason I have been able to buy several guns from Turners. Bringing it back to 90 or even 120 days would make a big difference in my purchasing habits.

I don't understand why I have seen a lot of sales staff knock certain brands and then say the higher priced competitor is better. I research just about every detail you can on a purchase. The items I finally buy are based on quality of the product and manufacturers response to my pre-sales questions. I have not purchased a SGL-21 from Arsenal Inc. because they have not responded to emails or phone calls. I own Accurate reels and LMT rifles because they understand what it takes to be a leader in their field. Yet, when I have asked about Accurate reels with your staff, they were supposedly pulled from your stores because they "suck." My guess is that the true story is related to past financial issues with previous owners.

My final comment is with the inconsistency of how guns are delivered. In my case, I have been around guns for about 20 years so, I am familiar with what I am buying and can speak the language. I have seen with most customers when picking up, the sales person goes through the entire weapon in detail with the customer. In my case it is typically serial number check and final paperwork see ya later. The sales staff should never assume that the buyer knows what they are doing. I had no clue what I was doing with my M1A when I purchased it.

We appreciate your feedback; we'll pass this along to our sales/mgmt director but we agree with regards to knocking one brand vs. another or assuming how much a customer knows or doesn't know.

As for layaway, demand continues to be very high for most guns. We find it very hard to set aside a gun with a 30% deposit for months when we have folks ready to buy now and not enough guns available for both. Some folks have asked us to simply just "buy more guns" but that is an issue in itself with regards to current demand, and overall inventory position.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Thanks

12072(a)(9)(A) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person within any 30-day period.

Socalbowhunter, Jack has this right but the wording in the law makes it sound screwy.

Maybe the easier way to say it is that you can buy as many guns as you want from us (... of course :) ) but you may only DROS one, each 30 days. Essentially, then (PPT's & Consignments, excepted) you will can only receive one handgun each 30 days.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Hello,

Yes, we carry a few different models. Contact the store nearest you for specific pricing and current stock.

Decent entry level 1911.

Yep, we sell quite a few and for the money, it's a decent way to get into your first 1911, while for others it's a second 1911 to play around with project wise.

More or less what I'm looking for. As this would be my first 1911. I won't argue price and quality as I'm not comparing apples to apples with the bigger names. But decent entry I take from all I have read. Thanks for your input.

You'll enjoy it; we see a few folks who even keep them after they've purchased a 2nd, more expensive 1911 because they simply reliable.

Mac7504
01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
We appreciate your feedback; we'll pass this along to our sales/mgmt director but we agree with regards to knocking one brand vs. another or assuming how much a customer knows or doesn't know.

As for layaway, demand continues to be very high for most guns. We find it very hard to set aside a gun with a 30% deposit for months when we have folks ready to buy now and not enough guns available for both. Some folks have asked us to simply just "buy more guns" but that is an issue in itself with regards to current demand, and overall inventory position.

That's understandable, I see more and more folks at the counters these days and I've heard that more women are purchasing more than ever so it add to the demand a bit.

A 45 day plan could be a bit more beneficial as well (vs 90 day, which seems excessive); the store wouldn't have to wait as long to for payment and those who are not comfortable drop x amount at one time, would feel more making certain purchases, but I guess that same could be argued with the 30 day plan...meh.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Any feedback on this?
Dave

I agree, but he told me that no one would help him even if he knew what
he wanted to purchase, and had it in his hand. Basically what he was
saying was he was not getting any sales assistance in the fishing dept
at all. He would give Turners his business, but as he told me, no one seems
to care. So he goes to Longfin in Orange to make his purchases.

Some of our stores have had more issues with this than others but its does need to be addressed. While business has been crazy on the gun side, Southern California just experienced its 5th consecutive poor saltwater season resulting in a drop in our fishing business. That turndown pushed a few more fishing-only shops out of business this year. But that said, we don't need to make things worse by pushing folks away.

We intend to continue our commitment to fishing but we'll have to work hard to balance our store staffing so that you can get taken care of in fishing or hunting equally well.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 12:58 PM

For fishing, Bloodydecks and other forums are a far better source of information than the kid working the counter at Big-5 or Turner's.

We'd bet that most of our "kids" -say the 21 to 45yr olds- get more time on the water than most folks and more than a lot of people spending times on the fishing forums.

We definitely have a ways to go in all of areas we need to improve on but we have quite a few extremely active anglers throughout the chain.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 12:59 PM
http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-762x39-rifle-with-20-barrel-iz133-p-432.html

Saiga. This is the specific one I am talking about with 20" barrel. I believe people use this model to convert the Saiga into the Saiganov. You can find the 16" barrel in most places but no one carries the 20" model. I've been looking online for the past week and cannot find one.

I think it will be to Turner's benefit to carry this model just because it's so rare. It'll be like having an exclusive.

Ok, we'll take a look.
Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 1:12 PM
Why no online store ?

We plan on getting that done a few months down the road after our new system finally gets implemented.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 2:21 PM
Why is there no powder for sale at the San Marcos Store????

We're working on that right now.
PM sent.

CDC54
01-20-2012, 2:22 PM
Do you guys sell the Marlin M60SS ? If so what is the price on it ?

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 2:24 PM
Do you guys sell the Marlin M60SS ? If so what is the price on it ?

We can get anything from Marlin. As always, please contact the nearest Turner's store for up-to-date pricing and availability.

CDC54
01-20-2012, 2:26 PM
Thank you much

winnre
01-20-2012, 2:27 PM
I cannot pay full price after seeing these weekly sales. I see a gun selling for $1299 but know it will be $1199 when the sale hits and even $1149 once in a while. I know what goes on sale and wait for it.

Are these sales picked arbitrarily or do you get a manufacturer special of sorts? As much as I want this or that I know all too well that a sale WILL come down the pike. Hence I do not buy.

I am a regular at the San Berdoo store, they all know me well. Maybe I'm just hoping the manager can give me the last sale price or tell me the next sale they know about. No reason it should be a corporate secret, especially when ou know I am going to buy.

Mac7504
01-20-2012, 3:46 PM
I cannot pay full price after seeing these weekly sales. I see a gun selling for $1299 but know it will be $1199 when the sale hits and even $1149 once in a while. I know what goes on sale and wait for it.

Are these sales picked arbitrarily or do you get a manufacturer special of sorts? As much as I want this or that I know all too well that a sale WILL come down the pike. Hence I do not buy.

I am a regular at the San Berdoo store, they all know me well. Maybe I'm just hoping the manager can give me the last sale price or tell me the next sale they know about. No reason it should be a corporate secret, especially when ou know I am going to buy.

I agree; I'm a regular at the Norwalk store, and was offered the FN assembled by Palm for $999.99, however, I'm glad I didn't get it, because it was $899.99 in this weeks ad..I would have been kind of upset if it went through.

I just try to do as much hw on the product as I can and wait it out till it drops to what I think is reasonable for me.

Iowegian
01-21-2012, 6:39 AM
We hope to get an update from them directly when we meet at SHOT, the week after next.

Did they have any good news?

Joe Register
01-21-2012, 7:08 AM
Is the tactical tomahawk in this weeks add available in pink?

Emdawg
01-21-2012, 2:32 PM
Why are all the Turner's stores so far south? You guys would probably make a killing if you opened a shop in Ventura or even Bakersfield or Paso Robles.

You guys have some very good deals weekly, but it's not worth it to drive four hours or so and then pay for gas.

It makes sense to me, but I am not sure what strategy goes on in the mind of the Turner's business think tank.

LBDamned
01-21-2012, 2:46 PM
^^^ not to speak for Turner's - but they are implementing e-commerce (web store) soon

... that hits the mark not only in Central and Northern Cal, but nationwide... economically more favorable (from a business aspect) than opening more brick & mortar ~

bam11
01-21-2012, 4:32 PM
How about an ammo express lane I waited 30 minutes for my number to be called it was number 2 it took 30 min to go from 94 to 97 all the sales guys were busy so I gave some guy my number and went a sporting good store around the corner I can't ever get in and out of your store in under 40 minutes

dtjester
01-21-2012, 4:34 PM
How about an ammo express lane I waited 30 minutes for my number to be called it was number 2 it took 30 min to go from 94 to 97 all the sales guys were busy so I gave some guy my number and went a sporting good store around the corner I can't ever get in and out of your store in under 40 minutes

+1, good idea.