PDA

View Full Version : Questions you would like to ask Turners

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Boris
09-17-2011, 8:40 PM
Now, if Turner's were a nationwide company and they only charged the $5 in states that had the extra paperwork and waiting period, then ya... I could understand that... but Turner's is SoCal only at this point.

Last time I checked SoCal is part of California -- the most "extra paperwork and waiting period" intense State of the Union.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-17-2011, 9:23 PM
Does Turners have some kind of price match policy for guns currently being DROSed?

Last Friday (9/9) I paid for an XD40 Essentials kit and started my DROS, but I just saw the new weekly ad has it for $399.98.

Yes we do. Just contact one of the managers at the Turner's you bought it at and they'll take care of you.

dctex99
09-17-2011, 9:50 PM
If you are worried about $5,,I assume when you buy a car and they want to charge a $395 Document fee you tell them where to go since they made at LEAST $1000 on the deal,,whether it is "holdback",, low balling your trade, or the kickback on financing on the deal you THINK you got. I always do,,and they do away with it!!! I can eat $5, and appreciate the extra time to sell a gun vs buying something at 7/11 where you are in and out in 15 seconds!!!!! Think about it!!!!!!!!!!

Cokebottle
09-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Last time I checked SoCal is part of California -- the most "extra paperwork and waiting period" intense State of the Union.
Exactly what I was saying.

It's not like the California stores have to deal with issues that their AZ stores don't have to deal with.
Every store has exactly the same paperwork.

Cokebottle
09-17-2011, 10:17 PM
If you are worried about $5,,I assume when you buy a car and they want to charge a $395 Document fee you tell them where to go since they made at LEAST $1000 on the deal,,whether it is "holdback",, low balling your trade, or the kickback on financing on the deal you THINK you got. I always do,,and they do away with it!!
As a matter of fact, I do.

I go in prepped with what I want and what I will pay for it out the door.
If they can meet or beat that OTD price, they get my money and I get the car.
If not, I move on.

LBDamned
09-17-2011, 11:33 PM
oh boy... this will be one of those forever circles that live in forum immortality...

... not unlike politics & religion - many have different perception (I still think some are arguing the price - but many are arguing the principal)...

I'm sure there is a clear/concise explanation... many things in life have a reason - but often it's not obvious (or otherwise clearly defined --> not an invitation for more definition of "handling")... just one man's observation...

I'm sure the thread is better served by moving on...

blazeaglory
09-18-2011, 4:31 PM
Really? You're really comparing this to "every problem"?

This store is nice enough to provide representation on this forum, provide timely feedback to its customers, and generally from what I have seen, takes care of them better than most businesses of their size.

The $5 charge has been discussed ad naseum both in this thread as well as several others where links were provided. I'm relatively new to the forum and even I can find it.

Continuously wanking about the fee does nothing but show your limited mental capacity to comprehend what has already been said and explained several times, therefore, it is what it is.

If it bothers you that much, go somewhere else. Chances are when you do have a problem you won't find the customer service that Turners provides. Of course you can always buy online and save a few bucks, but then you would have to pay shipping and would have no limit on the FFL fee. Or you could drive around town looking for the best deal, wasting more than the $5 you are complaining about.

To me, $5 isn't that big of a deal to support a local store who takes an active interest in the community and takes care of their customers. Maybe if there were more businesses like that and more people who thought like that there would be fewer wal marts and other big box stores with the service of a morgue.

Hey just because you think $5 isnt a big deal doesnt mean other people dont. This is about asking questions and getting answers. I have no problem with Turners customer service or products and I have a very good relationship with the store and I have for years. I wanted an answer for a question I asked.

And if it has been discussed ad naseum or whatever you say then why couldnt you be nice enough to post a link instead of acting like a jerk just because YOUR sick of hearing about it. I still havent got a good reason why its being charged.

And the "oh this store is supporting the gun community" isnt a good answer because there are plenty of stores that do the same thing without a fee.

Most of what your saying to me I never had a problem with. It sounds to me like you have anger issues. Why are you getting so upset about a $5 question? What gives you the right to nit pick on what issues are good enough and what other are not? I have never paid any kind of "fee" large or small when buying a gun from any where else and all I did was ASK why it was being charged. If you read my first post I said I dont have a problem paying it if it was disclosed prior and explained.

And how have I continuously "wanked" about a fee? This was the first time I have said anything about it. Responding to others post in regards to this topic isnt wanking. Its discussing. You sound like you have issues dude. You would rather degrade me than help me find the previous posts? Thanks for the help. I didnt try to search. Sorry if that angered you oh great one.

And great customer service? I have been treated badly on several times at Turners and I have never complained about it because I like the store so much so keep your customer service experience for your self. Not everyone agrees on the same issues. And even though I have been treated rudely at Turners I will still go back and I dont hold it against them. Why should we feel so "grateful" to a shop that does what many others do? That doesnt give an excuse to act badly or charge whatever they wish.

Driving around looking for a store? Its called "the internet yellow pages" or a google search. Your putting words and situations in my mouth that Ive never enough brought up. So why bring my mental capacity into this? People who usually bash others have issues of their own that they are ashamed and insecure of. You fit that profile well.

If you dont have any solutions or quality responses other than " Just pay it or go somewhere else" then keep out!

This is a message board remember? And Im done dealing with you and discussing this topic. Thanks for the tongue lashing when this could have been solved with some friendly help in the right direction. Wierdo

blazeaglory
09-18-2011, 4:50 PM
Idk, maybe you guys are looking for a deeper explanation for the "handling" fee than "handling" but im thinking its for them handling the paperwork and storing the gun for your waiting period. I think this pretty much covers it.

LOL! Its a gun store! How much could it cost to store a gun and handle paper work? Thats what they are in business to do and they do it every day.

How is what you just said a good explanation?

So should Mcdonalds charge $5 for storing buns for my big mac? And paper work? I filled out all the paperwork so should they pay me for handling the paper work? Lol

Im done now. I dont even care about the fee. All I wanted was a LEGITIMATE explanation and what I received was angry ramblings and a generic explanation.

I love Turners to death. But now I know who to avoid in the Turners forum..Lol

Napalm Bulldog
09-22-2011, 3:00 AM
Last time I checked this was a things you would like to ask Turners thread! Not a things that Turners does that I cannot stand and want to keep arguing about it thread. Ask Turners your question. If answered than move on, Even if you didnt like the answer. If not answered after asking, Just take your money elsewhere. No big deal, but if you want to bash Turners over $5 than make your own thread.

This thread was not created to strain relationships with Turners but to enhance them! They have been more than pleasent and helpfull to more than a few members.

socal44
09-22-2011, 6:54 AM
Last time I checked this was a things you would like to ask Turners thread! Not a things that Turners does that I cannot stand and want to keep arguing about it thread. Ask Turners your question. If answered than move on, Even if you didnt like the answer. If not answered after asking, Just take your money elsewhere. No big deal, but if you want to bash Turners over $5 than make your own thread.

This thread was not created to strain relationships with Turners but to ehance them! They have been more than pleasent and helpfull to more than a few members.

Yes! Agree completely

Clownpuncher
09-22-2011, 1:01 PM
And if it has been discussed ad naseum or whatever you say then why couldnt you be nice enough to post a link instead of acting like a jerk just because YOUR sick of hearing about it. I still havent got a good reason why its being charged.

Here... It was about 6 posts above your initial question, which BTW, I had no issue with.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7027038&postcount=168

It sounds to me like you have anger issues. Why are you getting so upset about a $5 question?

Perhaps I do, but honestly I'm not upset about a $5 fee question, I'm upset about your snarky reply to my comment trying to move on. My apologies for trying to use this thread to do what it was designed for... you know... ask Turners a question, not discuss the merits of fee's in California.

And how have I continuously "wanked" about a fee? This was the first time I have said anything about it.

Poor choice of words on my part, should have said continuously discussed in a thread not really meant for it.

And great customer service? I have been treated badly on several times at Turners and I have never complained about it because I like the store so much so keep your customer service experience for your self. Not everyone agrees on the same issues.

I was referring to the service I see multiple people with problems, myself included, get on this message board, and in particular from this particular thread.

Wierdo

:43: Thank you

This thread was not created to strain relationships with Turners but to ehance them! They have been more than pleasent and helpfull to more than a few members

AMEN.... Sorry I couldn't say it this eloquently.

JoeinLA
09-22-2011, 1:35 PM
+100 to the above posts. These sponsor forums shouldn't turn into ***** and whine fests, or, even worse...

They're a VERY VALUABLE resource for direct communications with the vendor, and if you don't like the way they conduct things, take your money elsewhere. But let's not turn these sponsor forums into a negative for the sponsor.

Garand1911
09-22-2011, 3:01 PM
We need turners to get some Saiga rifles/shotguns.
Im looking to buy a 5.45 and .308 saiga rifle.

LBDamned
09-22-2011, 7:48 PM
^^^ +1 on .308!

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-22-2011, 8:12 PM
^^^ +1 on .308!

We've had the nicer looking Arsenal rifles and shotguns and now we're working on the price point rifles. We have a "legacy" legal issue to resolve- we won't go into details (so don't ask guys :p)- and we'll have these in stock, likely early next month.

Keep the suggestions coming guys; if you'll buy, we'll get it for you.

LBDamned
09-22-2011, 9:15 PM
We've had the nicer looking Arsenal rifles and shotguns and now we're working on the price point rifles. We have a "legacy" legal issue to resolve- we won't go into details (so don't ask guys :p)- and we'll have these in stock, likely early next month.

Keep the suggestions coming guys; if you'll buy, we'll get it for you.

I need a twelve-step program :p

Verci0013
09-24-2011, 9:49 PM
I need a twelve-step program :p

This. :(

So many good deals!

Psykoasn
09-25-2011, 1:14 PM
Will you guys be doing the glocktober sales again next month?

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-26-2011, 8:20 AM
Will you guys be doing the glocktober sales again next month?

Tentatively, yes. We are planning for the 3rd week in October but it's not set in stone quite yet.

Psykoasn
09-26-2011, 8:35 AM
Tentatively, yes. We are planning for the 3rd week in October but it's not set in stone quite yet.

Awesome thanks, I'll wait for the email from you guys

JaMail
09-27-2011, 3:09 PM
I saw in one of your previous postings that Turners locations should be doing PPT for properly configured fixed magazine AR15's regardless of where the item was purchased..

Does this also apply for Saiga 12's in sporter configuration?

Ornery Ol Bastard
09-27-2011, 3:24 PM
Have always enjoyed and been fully and professionally helped at the Fountain Valley store... but then again I go in knowing what I want already and am in and out. When I did have a question I always received as much help as I needed. I just wish One of the local gun stores would do Transfers at the Gun show...Last time I had to drive out to Beaumont because I couldn't find a local store to do it. I know its a pain...but the good will would go a long way...If I am wrong and just didn't look hard enough when I was there apologies...

JaMail
09-27-2011, 4:23 PM
have to say +1 for the new culture that Turners is trying to foster both in their stores and here on Calguns.net

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-27-2011, 4:30 PM
I saw in one of your previous postings that Turners locations should be doing PPT for properly configured fixed magazine AR15's regardless of where the item was purchased..

Does this also apply for Saiga 12's in sporter configuration?

Refer to one of the posts on this page or the prior page for info about Saigas; PM sent.

blazeaglory
09-28-2011, 7:00 PM
Send me a PM when you have a calguns only special on stripped lowers again! I missed the last one! :D

Im addicted to Turners. Im going to FV tomorrow to shop around. Im thinking about picking up some slugs and some lube and who know what else.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-28-2011, 7:58 PM
Send me a PM when you have a calguns only special on stripped lowers again! I missed the last one! :D

Im addicted to Turners. Im going to FV tomorrow to shop around. Im thinking about picking up some slugs and some lube and who know what else.

No problem :)

Pissedashell
09-29-2011, 2:39 AM
Hi! I am a happy new Turners customer, looking forward to many more fruitful visits:p So far I bought 3 stunning condition Mosin's, a 795 Marlin, a C9 Hi Point and a 995TS Hi Point 9mm Carbine.

Quick question about the Hi Point 995T: (this might also prove useful to prospective buyers)

How easy would it be to re-convert the 995TS with a new magazine release button purchased from Hi Point in the event of say, a move out of state, if it can be done period? I am tempted to take a look but am leery of disassembling the whole gun just to investigate this matter and then still not being entirely sure at that. I figured it was easier to just ask! Thanks a lot,
-A most pleased customer

JAGGUY
09-29-2011, 8:32 AM
Depends if/how much the hole for the mag release has been opened up. I don't have the new model 995 but I think I have seen the bb is screwed into the stock.

HiPoint will send you any parts free for the asking, so you might want to get those before you disassemble your stock so you can measure the hole and compare parts.

If the hole in the stock is too big you may need a new stock, or maybe make up a bushing to make up the difference.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-30-2011, 9:32 AM
Hi! I am a happy new Turners customer, looking forward to many more fruitful visits:p So far I bought 3 stunning condition Mosin's, a 795 Marlin, a C9 Hi Point and a 995TS Hi Point 9mm Carbine.

Quick question about the Hi Point 995T: (this might also prove useful to prospective buyers)

There is a possibility that I might relocate in the distant future, and would thus not have a need for a bullet button anymore. How easy would it be to re-convert the 995TS with a new magazine release button purchased from Hi Point in the event of a move out of state, if it can be done period? I am tempted to take a look but am leery of disassembling the whole gun just to investigate this matter and then still not being entirely sure at that. I figured it was easier to just ask! Thanks a lot,
-A most pleased customer

Depends if/how much the hole for the mag release has been opened up. I don't have the new model 995 but I think I have seen the bb is screwed into the stock.

HiPoint will send you any parts free for the asking, so you might want to get those before you disassemble your stock so you can measure the hole and compare parts.

If the hole in the stock is too big you may need a new stock, or maybe make up a bushing to make up the difference.

We'll run this past the folks that are doing the conversion for us and we'll let you know.

Pissedashell
09-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Thank you very much! I am sure anything can be done, where there's a will there is a way ... just might depend on the arduousness factor is all hehe as JAGGUY says (I am not super handy so I guess I wonder how much it might run me to pay someone to do it if there is machining there to be done and what not) OKthanks Peace!

Longhill
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Wondering why you don't carry the basic Ruger MKIII with the tapered barrel. I only see the bull barrels for sale. A light weight 22lr would be great for the wife.

Turner's Outdoorsman
09-30-2011, 3:28 PM
Wondering why you don't carry the basic Ruger MKIII with the tapered barrel. I only see the bull barrels for sale. A light weight 22lr would be great for the wife.

We can order these for you in 4" or 6". PM sent.

Wombats Are Dangerous
09-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Hi Turners!

Can I ask pricing questions here? I've been shopping around for a few weeks for a dove/skeet shotgun on the Calguns marketplace and my uncle recommended I look into a Weatherby SA-08. May I ask how much you sell them for in 12 ga.? My budget is $400.

By the way, the blackshirts at the gun counter in San Marcos have always been super friendly and really helpful to me since I started shooting earlier this year. Bought my Sig SP2022 and my Marlin 795 from them, not to mention countless other accessories and ammo. They've happily answered every question I've ever asked. It's a great relief for a new shooter to find a helpful gun store.

OC-Indian
10-02-2011, 4:43 PM
Who was the grip supplier for the Legacy/Citadel Wounded Warrior 1911's ?

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-03-2011, 9:48 AM
Hi Turners!

Can I ask pricing questions here? I've been shopping around for a few weeks for a dove/skeet shotgun on the Calguns marketplace and my uncle recommended I look into a Weatherby SA-08. May I ask how much you sell them for in 12 ga.? My budget is $400.

By the way, the blackshirts at the gun counter in San Marcos have always been super friendly and really helpful to me since I started shooting earlier this year. Bought my Sig SP2022 and my Marlin 795 from them, not to mention countless other accessories and ammo. They've happily answered every question I've ever asked. It's a great relief for a new shooter to find a helpful gun store.

Please contact our stores directly for price and availability questions. While we answer most posts within a day or two, our stores are open 7 days/week and they can answer you much more quickly. If they don't know the answer on a new item or if they are unsure as to a product's arrival, they can contact our buyers and then get back to you.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-03-2011, 9:49 AM

We'll get with LSI and get back to you via PM.

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-03-2011, 10:07 AM

PM sent.

dougolupski
10-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Does Turners carry the Uberti revolvers in store? I am looking for a .357 cowboy action gun to add to my collection. Dont want to drive all of the way down to Reseda from Santa Barbara if its a no go. Thanks ahead for the info.
Doug

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-03-2011, 2:07 PM
Does Turners carry the Uberti revolvers in store? I am looking for a .357 cowboy action gun to add to my collection. Dont want to drive all of the way down to Reseda from Santa Barbara if its a no go. Thanks ahead for the info.
Doug

We can place orders for Uberti revolvers but we do not stock them in the store.

DannyInSoCal
10-03-2011, 7:19 PM
Now you're just being mean.

Oct 3rd and the discontinued list isn't updated yet....

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-04-2011, 7:53 AM

You're right. We'll get someone on that....:o

kalaca
10-04-2011, 2:16 PM

what he said!!:sleeping:

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-05-2011, 2:41 PM

Here you go-10/5 Discontinued Gun List (http://www.turners.com/images/discontgun-10-05.pdf)

Clownpuncher
10-07-2011, 9:34 AM
I'm trying to get a solid answer on your layaway/deposit program on guns.
I have asked 6 associates and 3 have said I can put a deposit on a gun and start the DROS and pay the balance before pick up and 3 have said that the gun must be paid for in full prior to starting DROS.
I am just curious since I know a guy who is waiting on a bonus and he wants to get a Ruger you have on sale. He wants to go in and put down the 30%, or however much you guys normally keep in the event of a failed DROS or change of heart, and have the DROS started which gives him 30 days to pick up the gun. He knows he will have his bonus before then and he understands that he would loose all of that money in the event he didn't pay for the gun in full and he understands that he would have to pay another DROS fee if he didn't pick up the gun within the allotted time.
He would like to do that rather than have to wait and then wait for another 10 days after the gun is paid for in full.
Any help is appreciated.

dougolupski
10-07-2011, 10:21 AM
I am curious about this as well. My local guy in Santa Barbara does that for us.

Distro
10-07-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to get a solid answer on your layaway/deposit program on guns.
I have asked 6 associates and 3 have said I can put a deposit on a gun and start the DROS and pay the balance before pick up and 3 have said that the gun must be paid for in full prior to starting DROS.
I am just curious since I know a guy who is waiting on a bonus and he wants to get a Ruger you have on sale. He wants to go in and put down the 30%, or however much you guys normally keep in the event of a failed DROS or change of heart, and have the DROS started which gives him 30 days to pick up the gun. He knows he will have his bonus before then and he understands that he would loose all of that money in the event he didn't pay for the gun in full and he understands that he would have to pay another DROS fee if he didn't pick up the gun within the allotted time.
He would like to do that rather than have to wait and then wait for another 10 days after the gun is paid for in full.
Any help is appreciated.

Not sure if they make accommodations if you ask, they seem to try and be as flexible as possible with things, but on the bottom of the receipt the first sentence states:

"Waiting period will not begin until this invoice is paid in full."

pyr02k1
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
The guys at the corona store offered to dros before payment in full. I think it's a store by store basis. I paid in full by my choice but it was offered all the same

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Clownpuncher
10-07-2011, 12:19 PM
The guys at the corona store offered to dros before payment in full. I think it's a store by store basis. I paid in full by my choice but it was offered all the same

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thats kind of why I want clairification. I paid in full for mine as well but my buddy really wants to put some money down so he can get the gun on sale and start the 10 day wait now instead of next week when he gets his bonus.

Since the top of the invoice lists a layaway amount which is more than DROS plus a nominal "restock fee" there would be no chance of loosing money.

Plus, the fact that I go to the gun counter to pick up my gun, finish the paperwork and still have to go back to the cash register to get a stamp saying I have paid in full prior to them physically giving me my gun leads me to believe that, perhaps, a deposit will do to start the DROS.

dougolupski
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah I am in the same boat. I paid upfront for my Benelli a month or so ago at the Orange store. If they did that it would definitely help with my impulse buys like the 45LC I am looking. Funny thing Rugers are on sale right now Hint Hint guys.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-07-2011, 1:12 PM
Thats kind of why I want clairification. I paid in full for mine as well but my buddy really wants to put some money down so he can get the gun on sale and start the 10 day wait now instead of next week when he gets his bonus.

Since the top of the invoice lists a layaway amount which is more than DROS plus a nominal "restock fee" there would be no chance of loosing money.

Plus, the fact that I go to the gun counter to pick up my gun, finish the paperwork and still have to go back to the cash register to get a stamp saying I have paid in full prior to them physically giving me my gun leads me to believe that, perhaps, a deposit will do to start the DROS.

It looks like we have another great topic to discuss at next week's store manager's meeting.

In theory, we've had guns paid-in-full prior to DROS since late 90's when we had back-to-back-to-back changes in CA law- no more OTC curio rifle sales, one-handgun-a-month, 30-day DROS window, etc. Obviously the law didn't mandate it, we just developed it as a best practice in order to avoid any number of issues that could go wrong. Add in our less than great experiences with our POS systems and it seemed to be the best way to go.

In practice, managers and sales staff who deviate from that are trying to help you out. As with most things, it's up to us to find the right balance. Yet, we agree that having different policies in each store or worse, amongst different employees in the same store doesn't work.

Now that we have a new POS system in development, we may have some controls and safeguards that we didn't have in the past. So, as we have with other feedback from CGN members, let us take a new look at this and see what we can do.

Cokebottle
10-07-2011, 2:36 PM
In practice, managers and sales staff who deviate from that are trying to help you out. As with most things, it's up to us to find the right balance. Yet, we agree that having different policies in each store or worse, amongst different employees in the same store doesn't work.
I hear that... and I can see it being on a case by case basis, based on the relationship that the customer has with the employees and manager.

Like Chino Hills... John and the other manager as well as Andy see me in there all the time, and they've done multiple safe handling demonstrations. They know that I normally simply pay cash and DROS on the same day... but I can see them bending a bit and allowing me to begin DROS with 50% down.
OTOH, if I were to walk into Berdoo, they don't know me from Adam and I wouldn't expect any favors. Even if they could pull up my purchasing history from Turner's (5 or 6 handguns in the last 24 months?), they still don't know that I didn't begin 20 layaways and end up blowing those off and buying something else.

DannyInSoCal
10-07-2011, 2:41 PM
As long as it's paid in full before the DROS expires -

Taking partial payments shouldn't be an issue.

Gotta be lots of potential clients out there who want to take advantage of a sale -

But don't have all the $$$$ upfront...

Cokebottle
10-07-2011, 2:52 PM
Gotta be lots of potential clients out there who want to take advantage of a sale -

But don't have all the $$$$ upfront...
And they do that. 30 day layaway is used all the time.

The issue is whether or not the store will initiate DROS before PIF is tendered. Legally, DROS initiates the ownership transfer. I can understand a corp policy that does not allow DROS prior to full payment.

But the whole issue SHOULD be mooted when the 10 day wait goes away in :twoweeks:

JaMail
10-12-2011, 6:33 PM
scanned through a couple pages, but going on you preferred vendor status with kel-tec, have you guys gotten any vendor hints as to when your will get your first shipment of KSG's?

I was somewhat surprised when you guys took deposits on them so soon, but i heard through the grapevine it had something to do with a promise from a distributor from kel-tec that you guys would get one of the first big shipments, due to your continual sales of the su16..

AragornElessar86
10-12-2011, 9:22 PM
scanned through a couple pages, but going on you preferred vendor status with kel-tec, have you guys gotten any vendor hints as to when your will get your first shipment of KSG's?

This.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-13-2011, 8:45 AM

I was somewhat surprised when you guys took deposits on them so soon, but i heard through the grapevine it had something to do with a promise from a distributor from kel-tec that you guys would get one of the first big shipments, due to your continual sales of the su16..

The latest news on these is that we'd see things no sooner than November and frankly even that was seemingly qualified with a "likely" or "maybe".

We ordered these at SHOT last year, like every dealer or distributor, knowing that they'd sell well and that demand would be huge. And everyone knew that it might be months. No one, though, could have guessed that Kel-Tec would have gotten ahead of themselves so much that the wait has been become so much longer than even they guessed it might be.

J20DB
10-13-2011, 1:44 PM
Any word on when you might have the MPA .45 carbines in, and what the pricing will be? Thanks! :D

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-13-2011, 4:08 PM
Any word on when you might have the MPA .45 carbines in, and what the pricing will be? Thanks! :D

These should be in any day now. You can contact your nearest Turner's for up to date availability and pricing info.

AragornElessar86
10-13-2011, 5:29 PM
The latest news on these is that we'd see things no sooner than November and frankly even that was seemingly qualified with a "likely" or "maybe".

We ordered these at SHOT last year, like every dealer or distributor, knowing that they'd sell well and that demand would be huge. And everyone knew that it might be months. No one, though, could have guessed that Kel-Tec would have gotten ahead of themselves so much that the wait has been become so much longer than even they guessed it might be.

Do you have any comment on this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7315150&postcount=16)? I ask because I pre-ordered mine in February, and I'm understandably impatient. :D

Also, any way to check where in the pre-order lineup I am? As in, whether or not mine will be in the first shipment?

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-13-2011, 6:17 PM
Do you have any comment on this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7315150&postcount=16)? I ask because I pre-ordered mine in February, and I'm understandably impatient. :D

Also, any way to check where in the pre-order lineup I am? As in, whether or not mine will be in the first shipment?

The info in our earlier post was relayed from purchasing this morning. We'll have them update all stores so that stores are not relaying older information about October- which had been the prior promised date.

As far as place in line relative to shipments, we can try but it depends on how many guns get shipped at a time. For example, 32nd in line doesn't sound half bad, unless they only ship us 10 guns at a time.

We do have the amount on order that is quoted elsewhere and while we'd like to think that the entire quantity will be filled from the get go and completely, it may not go that way. Likewise we should have them "first" but that's likely a term as relative as your place in line; it would be great to truly have them first and it should work out that way, but a few might pop up elsewhere here and there.

We'll bug them weekly and let everyone know the minute we have guns or an update. Thanks for your patience.

memento286
10-13-2011, 9:33 PM
Hello, I just recently purchased a Remington 870 Express Tactical from Turner's. The price was $379.99 I am still waiting on my ten days, and noticed this week Turners was having a sale on that shotgun. New price is $349.99

What is Turner's policy on gun purchases and then sale on the same item within 5 days?

AragornElessar86
10-14-2011, 12:38 AM
The info in our earlier post was relayed from purchasing this morning. We'll have them update all stores so that stores are not relaying older information about October- which had been the prior promised date.

As far as place in line relative to shipments, we can try but it depends on how many guns get shipped at a time. For example, 32nd in line doesn't sound half bad, unless they only ship us 10 guns at a time.

We do have the amount on order that is quoted elsewhere and while we'd like to think that the entire quantity will be filled from the get go and completely, it may not go that way. Likewise we should have them "first" but that's likely a term as relative as your place in line; it would be great to truly have them first and it should work out that way, but a few might pop up elsewhere here and there.

We'll bug them weekly and let everyone know the minute we have guns or an update. Thanks for your patience.

Sweet! Keep up the good work guys. :thumbsup:

ctseng15
10-14-2011, 9:59 AM
Hi Bill,

Just sent you a PM regarding price match.

Thank you

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Hello, I just recently purchased a Remington 870 Express Tactical from Turner's. The price was $379.99 I am still waiting on my ten days, and noticed this week Turners was having a sale on that shotgun. New price is $349.99

What is Turner's policy on gun purchases and then sale on the same item within 5 days?

No problem; PM on the way.

Brandon04GT
10-14-2011, 4:00 PM
I see that the XD9/40 essentials package with a coupon for 3 extra mags is on sale again. Do you guys anticipate the XD45 ever being on sale soon?

wtkaiser
10-15-2011, 6:24 PM
Gentlemen,

It has been posted elsewhere, but this is such an obvious situation, I thought I would ask you directly. When going to Turner's in Corona/Riverside, I have frequently been disappointed with the reloading components available. There is never a consistent, reliable supply of any particular bullet, powder or primer. There are large gaps in the displays of these, as well. So my question is does each store have it's own buyer, or is there just one for the entire chain and you dole out supplies as available? Great prices don't mean as much if the product is not there. I have seen similar posts on this site and I just joined TODAY. Whoever is doing your buying seems like the reloading segment of the market is unimportant to him. That can't be the case, can it?

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-17-2011, 1:09 PM
I see that the XD9/40 essentials package with a coupon for 3 extra mags is on sale again. Do you guys anticipate the XD45 ever being on sale soon?

We're seeing far less .45's than we are 9's or 40's. We've got to have quite a few in stock for a weekly ad and lots more than that for a 4 or 5-weeks long quarterly flyer.

We'll talk it over with our buyers and let you know if we have enough on the way for a sale sometime in the near future.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-17-2011, 1:37 PM
Gentlemen,

It has been posted elsewhere, but this is such an obvious situation, I thought I would ask you directly. When going to Turner's in Corona/Riverside, I have frequently been disappointed with the reloading components available. There is never a consistent, reliable supply of any particular bullet, powder or primer. There are large gaps in the displays of these, as well. So my question is does each store have it's own buyer, or is there just one for the entire chain and you dole out supplies as available? Great prices don't mean as much if the product is not there. I have seen similar posts on this site and I just joined TODAY. Whoever is doing your buying seems like the reloading segment of the market is unimportant to him. That can't be the case, can it?

As you view a few threads in our forum, you'll see that we are in a big rebuilding phase throughout our product lines and reloading is one of those areas that is finally getting attention.

Primer supplies while markedly improved over just two years ago, are still a bit spotty at times but it is still getting better.

We are in the process of adding some component lines directly to our warehouse as opposed to having distributors fill those in for us. We've just added Berger bullets and we are redoing each bullet company line-up. We are in the process of revamping our powder line-up and looking to completely re-do our press and accessory assortment. And as we add a true online store to our website, we'll offer even more.

seainc
10-17-2011, 3:54 PM
How about some MP5 clone pistols or rifles? Thanks.

ncrotalus
10-17-2011, 4:11 PM
When do you anticipate the Xmas and black Friday ads coming out? Can't wait to see them!

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-18-2011, 1:50 PM
How about some MP5 clone pistols or rifles? Thanks.

We are carrying the GSG carbines and have been waiting on the Umarex clones. They're on order but Umarex has had a series of delays that pushed our order back.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-18-2011, 1:53 PM
When do you anticipate the Xmas and black Friday ads coming out? Can't wait to see them!

The Christmas Flyer should be in the mail (40 pages long, just like our Fall Flyer) by the 2nd or 3rd week of November. The Black Friday ad will be e-mail blasted- you are signed up, right? :D- the week of Thanksgiving and show up in the Thursday papers.

As we have in the past, we'll open at 8:00 that day.

seainc
10-18-2011, 3:27 PM
I mean in 9mm or .223 cal not in .22LR. Thanks

We are carrying the GSG carbines and have been waiting on the Umarex clones. They're on order but Umarex has had a series of delays that pushed our order back.

ncrotalus
10-18-2011, 8:26 PM
yup, signed up and anxiously waiting :D

The Christmas Flyer should be in the mail (40 pages long, just like our Fall Flyer) by the 2nd or 3rd week of November. The Black Friday ad will be e-mail blasted- you are signed up, right? :D- the week of Thanksgiving and show up in the Thursday papers.

As we have in the past, we'll open at 8:00 that day.

Distro
10-19-2011, 4:46 AM
The Christmas Flyer should be in the mail (40 pages long, just like our Fall Flyer) by the 2nd or 3rd week of November.[...]

Will it also be available on the site? Like pdf or the interactive flash type ones?

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I mean in 9mm or .223 cal not in .22LR. Thanks

We don't have a lead or connection with someone who is doing a complete gun at the moment. We see a lot of completion kits, SBR or AOW options, etc. But we need someone who can handle 14-store demand, standard product liability, service- repairs or otherwise- after the sale, etc.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Will it also be available on the site? Like pdf or the interactive flash type ones?

We'll use a Flash powered app as we did with a Fall Flyer, so that you can "flip" through the pages.

AragornElessar86
10-19-2011, 4:57 PM
We'll use a Flash powered app as we did with a Fall Flyer, so that you can "flip" through the pages.

Ooh, this brings to mind: how about an Android app? It alerts me when a new weekly/seasonal/whatever flyer comes out, and I can browse the products on my phone. I'd be on that like Jon Pinet on a buffet.

dougolupski
10-19-2011, 5:03 PM
I'd be on that like Jon Pinet on a buffet.

You been here four hours, you go now! No you no pay, you eat out of house and home you go now!

Seriously though an app would be cool since it seems the internet guys have been keeping up with your used list on the site. There definetly some stuff that can be useful. But if you do do one and theres no windows phone 7 app I be pissed:mad:

10-19-2011, 10:42 PM

can you post a link of flyer?:)

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-20-2011, 3:58 PM
Ooh, this brings to mind: how about an Android app? It alerts me when a new weekly/seasonal/whatever flyer comes out, and I can browse the products on my phone. I'd be on that like Jon Pinet on a buffet.

You been here four hours, you go now! No you no pay, you eat out of house and home you go now!

Seriously though an app would be cool since it seems the internet guys have been keeping up with your used list on the site. There definetly some stuff that can be useful. But if you do do one and theres no windows phone 7 app I be pissed:mad:

Stay tuned :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-20-2011, 4:00 PM
can you post a link of flyer?:)

We're looking at non-Flash options but size prevents a .pdf at any decent resolution, ditto for .gif or .jpeg files.

We may have an easy way to move it to HTML as an option since the original file includes hi-res images that makes the file size so large.

Sanderhawk
10-20-2011, 5:05 PM
Not sure if this is the place to post this up. Is there a reason the XD45 is never on sale? I notice that the XD40 and XD9 are on sale alot but I never see the XD45. ( 5 inch barrel if it matters) Really want one just want one on sale. :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-20-2011, 7:14 PM
Not sure if this is the place to post this up. Is there a reason the XD45 is never on sale? I notice that the XD40 and XD9 are on sale alot but I never see the XD45. ( 5 inch barrel if it matters) Really want one just want one on sale. :)

We hear you .... Springfield XD-45's (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7338906&postcount=317)

Ed_Hazard
10-20-2011, 7:31 PM
I always wondered why Turner's is not a Glock LE dealer, Blue label I believe it's called. The main reason being that it would be nice to have a major retailer like you guys to help service the GSSF members who want use their GSSF discount certs.

Right now the only options in SoCal are 1 shop in San Diego, the LAPA store, and Proforce in Brea. All 3 locations tend to be LE only and not the freindliest place to shop.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-20-2011, 7:43 PM
I always wondered why Turner's is not a Glock LE dealer, Blue label I believe it's called. The main reason being that it would be nice to have a major retailer like you guys to help service the GSSF members who want use their GSSF discount certs.

Right now the only options in SoCal are 1 shop in San Diego, the LAPA store, and Proforce in Brea. All 3 locations tend to be LE only and not the freindliest place to shop.

Like a lot of factories, Glock spreads their LE dealers out geographically- LAPRAC (LA), Brea (OC), etc.- and likewise sparingly, apparently so that they don't have to compete with each other.

PM sent.

AragornElessar86
10-20-2011, 8:53 PM
Stay tuned :)

Sweet! Put me on the beta test/early notice list.

RayPDA
10-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Question for you - I am purchasing a shotgun online from out of state; if the individual I'm purchasing it from sends it from an FFL, is Turners able to receive it and complete the paperwork? Also, if you wouldn't mind going over the best procedure for handling this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

P.S. Your Chino Hills store is awesome, good people working there most of all.

ke6guj
10-21-2011, 6:57 AM
Question for you - I am purchasing a shotgun online from out of state; if the individual I'm purchasing it from sends it from an FFL, is Turners able to receive it and complete the paperwork? Also, if you wouldn't mind going over the best procedure for handling this, it would be much appreciated.

yes, they can't but they apparently don't want to, since they set their transfer fee at $25 DROS + $100-125 dealer fee.

You can find many other dealers that will do it for less than $50 dealer fee.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-21-2011, 7:45 AM

Thanks,

Ray

P.S. Your Chino Hills store is awesome, good people working there most of all.

Thanks for the positive feedback about Chino Hills. Contact the staff and they'll walk you through the steps.

yes, they can't but they apparently don't want to, since they set their transfer fee at $25 DROS + $100-125 dealer fee.

You can find many other dealers that will do it for less than $50 dealer fee.

We do handle quite a few in the course of a year but we are not the cheapest nor can we be; we simply can't do them for $50.

From a response to a similar question in the first week here on Calguns:

Over the last 20 years, we've moved up and down on FFL transfer prices for a number of reasons. As it has become increasingly interesting (and expensive) to do business in CA, our transfer fees have gone up.

Today, we've focused our firearm business on the sale of new/used/consigned guns in our retail stores. Conducting transfers for guns sold outside of our stores is not our primary focus but moreover conducting those transfers cost us as much as the guns that are sold in our stores but just without the benefit of us being the primary seller.

By the way, we charge reduced fees for some types of transfers (LEO, military, industry partners and industry media, amongst others) and we charge no fees for transfers of guns sold/raffled/won at NRA/CRPA/DU/CWA/RMEF/SCI, etc. dinners and events.

XDshooter
10-21-2011, 2:10 PM
We do handle quite a few in the course of a year but we are not the cheapest nor can we be; we simply can't do them for $50.

How about this:

If Turners does not carry that particular firearm or simply can not get one, have a nice $50 transfer fee.

For the opposite case, a higher transfer fee.

This does get people in the store, but will be counter-productive if the store staff are a-holes about the hole thing, kind of how they are with PPT's.

Lu(ky
10-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Hello,

Do you guys have a price guarantee if a gun I purchased and paid for, but now on the 10-day waiting period to be released? The gun is a LMT CQB Defender GAS 16" model? Can I bring in my receipt to get the difference back?

Also the SIGNAL HILL location has some really nice and informative guys working there. They helped me on my recent purchase of a GLOCK 19.

Thanks

Ricky-Ray
10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Hello,

Do you guys have a price guarantee if a gun I purchased and paid for, but now on the 10-day waiting period to be released? The gun is a LMT CQB Defender GAS 16" model? Can I bring in my receipt to get the difference back?

Also the SIGNAL HILL location has some really nice and informative guys working there. They helped me on my recent purchase of a GLOCK 19.

Thanks

Contact the store manager and they will make it right.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-24-2011, 8:53 AM
Contact the store manager and they will make it right.

Hello,

Thanks

Yep- what Ricky-Ray said.

If a new sale price breaks for a gun that you have in the wait, we'll take care of you. There are other situations where we'll do the same. You can always contact our staff at the store with any question you have along these lines and they'll do their best to make it happen.

JaMail
10-24-2011, 4:14 PM
Is turners eventually going to do something similar for calguns like the NRA roundup? give people the option to round up purchase prices for donation to the CGF ?

Cokebottle
10-24-2011, 4:18 PM
Is turners eventually going to do something similar for calguns like the NRA roundup? give people the option to round up purchase prices for donation to the CGF ?
Me likey!

I do the NRA roundup at Midway, but not Turners.
If they did a CGF roundup, I'd be buying crap there every day!

stitchnicklas
10-24-2011, 5:14 PM
Me likey!

x 1,000,000

kalaca
10-24-2011, 5:16 PM
When are the smith&wesson mp15 sport go on sale and xd9mm just got a bonus at work and would like to save it for this guns! Thanks

TheHammerOfTruth
10-24-2011, 8:53 PM
"Round Up" is a great idea for CGF!!

indobos72
10-24-2011, 9:36 PM
What's the chance you guys would get your hands on these? I have bought pretty much all my firearms through you guys and would like a convenient spot to get these.

Thanks,

AragornElessar86
10-25-2011, 8:54 AM

Indeed, I usually do round up for NRA when I'm at Turners, but I've always wished it went to CGF instead.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM

Me likey!

x 1,000,000

Indeed, I usually do round up for NRA when I'm at Turners, but I've always wished it went to CGF instead.

When Gene Lumsden bought Turner's one of first things he did was to have Turner's get involved with the NRA's Add-a-Buck program (http://www.turners.com/engage/events_addabuck.php). Each dollar contributed at Turner's goes directly to the NRA's Civil Rights Defense Fund (http://www.nradefensefund.org/). Amongst the programs that dealers can support via Add-a-Buck, the CRDF makes the most sense, aiding those gun owners who may fall into the myriad of legal issues facing CA gun owners. We're sending 5-digit checks to the NRA each quarter towards that cause.

As for adding a CGF donation, you guys are nearly clairvoyant- we just traded some ideas with CGN regarding the growth of our relationship and this exact idea is on the table; we're just working on a few final details and should be able to have something going shortly.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-25-2011, 10:59 AM
When are the smith&wesson mp15 sport go on sale and xd9mm just got a bonus at work and would like to save it for this guns! Thanks

S&W Sports and Springfield Essentials will be in our Christmas Flyer beginning on Black Friday.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-25-2011, 11:12 AM
What's the chance you guys would get your hands on these? I have bought pretty much all my firearms through you guys and would like a convenient spot to get these.

Thanks,

We've got something in the works on these; stay tuned.

indobos72
10-25-2011, 1:19 PM
Okay last question for now. How about taking in dealer transfers? That would be very nice.:flowers:

Thanks,

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-25-2011, 3:17 PM
Okay last question for now. How about taking in dealer transfers? That would be very nice.:flowers:

Thanks,

Scroll up just a bit in this thread for FFL transfer info...

indobos72
10-25-2011, 3:52 PM
Scroll up just a bit in this thread for FFL transfer info...

I checked that out and so I understand now. Didn't realize you could, just isn't the most cost effective way. By the way, what makes the cost go so far up on doing a dealer transfer? Is it that much more involved than doing a PPT? Not trying to be rude, just wanted to understand the process. I have seen some transfers that were around the $30 mark so are other shops just eating it in a big way? Thanks again for your responses.

kalaca
10-25-2011, 4:23 PM
S&W Sports and Springfield Essentials will be in our Christmas Flyer beginning on Black Friday.

:confused: I was hoping the xds went on sale before the extra mag promo from sprinfield expired!

Cokebottle
10-25-2011, 4:24 PM
As for adding a CGF donation, you guys are nearly clairvoyant- we just traded some ideas with CGN regarding the growth of our relationship and this exact idea is on the table; we're just working on a few final details and should be able to have something going shortly.
:jump: :jump:

AragornElessar86
10-25-2011, 8:59 PM
I checked that out and so I understand now. Didn't realize you could, just isn't the most cost effective way. By the way, what makes the cost go so far up on doing a dealer transfer? Is it that much more involved than doing a PPT? Not trying to be rude, just wanted to understand the process. I have seen some transfers that were around the $30 mark so are other shops just eating it in a big way? Thanks again for your responses.

Basically the other shops probably are smaller and the owners likely do the filing themselves. This means that the extra time they spend doing paperwork isn't paid employee time, so there is, or at least it seems like there is, less cost. This isn't the case with Turner's. And frankly, a store like Turner doesn't want to do PPTs, because that's all the money they're making on the transaction. On a gun sale they make the their fee (I think it's $30) plus the markup on the gun itself, and the time to do the paperwork is probably partially figured into the sale price, so they can charge less for the separate fee. Another way to think of it is that they could instead take $95 off the sale price of each gun, and still charge you $125 for the paperwork, but that would be disingenuous.

AragornElessar86
10-25-2011, 9:05 PM
While i'm thinking about it, make sure you have plenty of forward pistol grips on hand when the KSGs come in. K-T should really just include one with the gun. I'm partial to the Magpul RVG myself.

Uxi
10-26-2011, 8:06 AM

Great to hear!

Captain Neon
10-28-2011, 9:28 PM
In the past I've found the Chino Hills store to be, ummm, unpleasant, more than once. The folks at West Covina told me there's been a manager change at Chino Hills, and CH should be friendly now. I checked it out and they are, that's great! I noticed the big spenders rifle room has been changed into a high end black rifle room. That's got to be an improvement considering that space was warehousing rifles that weren't selling.

I bought a rifle from Chino Hills and it wasn't until later I noticed something different about the invoice: the spaces for the cancellation fee and the terms & conditions were left blank.
Last week I bought a PTR 91 on sale from the West Covina store and that invoice has that stuff on it.

I'm not completely sure but I think your staff training needs to cover making sure to fill out that part of the invoice form. Either that or looking up my records inspired the fellow to leave that part blank. ( I'm being serious about that )

Speaking of the PTR 91, when I went to buy one the computer wasn't accepting the sale, the manager had to work at it for close to ten minutes before the computer would do that, and when it accepted, it showed a price of $1299 when the sale price was $1199. This had something to do with that rifle having two SKU numbers. The manager redid the invoice for me, he used his Super Manager Powers to override the computer.

Turner's computer system needs work. You need it to do business but when it becomes an obstacle it takes valuable time away from your staff for their other duties. Also, having to correct the price is annoying.

I stopped by the San Bernardino store recently, it was a bit rednecky but I imagine that's one of Turner's strengths: adapting to the area the store's located in. I really liked how that store displays the black rifles: they are up on the wall horizontally. This makes them a lot easier to see.

I like the NRA add a buck program, I almost always add a few dollars. I notice the donation is included in the sub total for the sales tax, shouldn't a donation not count as a sale and be tax free? I sometimes give $20 and the taxes add up.

I needed a case for a long rifle, I was at the Rancho Cucamonga store and the manager got a tape measure and measured the cases for me. That was a neat touch. Every store should have a ready alert tape measure for these occasions!

The big lesson in all this? Don't scrimp on managers. The managerial staff I've met impresses me.

Cokebottle
10-29-2011, 12:35 AM
I haven't been in the CH store in a couple of months, but the last time I was there, the two managers were the same guys that were there before they moved to their current location.

Distro
10-29-2011, 1:56 PM
Weird question, did the West Covina store move from a different location to where it is now, say within the last 10-11 years?

chino
10-30-2011, 9:56 PM
old covina store was around francisquito off the 10

Distro
10-31-2011, 7:42 AM

thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Weird question, did the West Covina store move from a different location to where it is now, say within the last 10-11 years?

The prior West Covina store was located at Francisquito and Sunset, south of the 10. It had actually been moved once within the same shopping center a few years prior to closing.

That store was closed and moved to our current location on Azusa just north of the 10.

Uxi
10-31-2011, 3:36 PM
I like the current location in West Covina much better than the old.

DeathByDoubleDip
11-01-2011, 7:21 AM
Any chance you guys might have some of the SIG P225/P6's police trade-ins from a 2009 sale still lying around for another sale?

Delta-9
11-01-2011, 8:22 AM
I had the pleasure of being ignored by John C. at CH when I was picking up my gun. He was behind the terminal typing away, then he'd talk to other employees and walk around, never acknowledging me.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Any chance you guys might have some of the SIG P225/P6's police trade-ins from a 2009 sale still lying around for another sale?

Unfortunately we do not. It seems that those distributors that had them bought and imported all that was available.

Captain Neon
11-01-2011, 6:36 PM
Hey Delta 9, John C was the guy who sold me the rifle I got recently. He finished all the 4473 paperwork and told me, "See you in ten days!". So I responded with, "What? It's free? I don't have to pay for it?". Turns out it wasn't free.

I suspect John C isn't a bad guy, he just gets wrapped up in what he's doing and forgets details from time to time.

wc12
11-02-2011, 7:49 AM
Can you price match DDs on the hi-point 995ts? They're selling for $289.95. Also, a ventura county location will be good as earlier mentioned.

AdidasCJ
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
I drive down to the Turners in Rancho by BassPro from Apple Valley. (one up here would be NICE!). But each time i have been to the store they have been the upmost friendly people! I enjoy them showing me whatever i wanna see, even if im not in the market to buy just yet. They also help me find whatever i need! I goto this store for most of my reloading needs, more sales on tumblers etc might be an idea.... :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Can you price match DDs on the hi-point 995ts? They're selling for $289.95. Also, a ventura county location will be good as earlier mentioned.

We can match prices at times for deals in our local area for in-stock items.

PM sent.

Mac7504
11-02-2011, 3:35 PM
Any Black friday previews?

HA, that's funny; I'm looking for a .45 acp hi-point carbine. Hopefully my Norwalk store can help me out for a decent price (picking up my shotgun today, so hopefully I can start dros on one, if available). If not, there always online...sigh..lol.

cabrera303
11-02-2011, 7:54 PM
My question for turners is can I put the sigma 9mm on lay a way even if I am 15 days short of my 21st bday?
I've been wanting to buy this pistol and of course it goes on sale a week and a half before my 21st....and the sale ends tomorrow

cabrera303
11-02-2011, 7:55 PM
My question for turners is can I put the sigma 9mm on lay a way even if I am 15 days short of my 21st bday?
I've been wanting to buy this pistol and of course it goes on sale a week and a half before my 21st....and the sale ends tomorrow

AdidasCJ
11-02-2011, 9:16 PM

Those are always on sale, and get the .40 IMO, i have it and do love it. I took the trigger down ALOT so its not so stiff, and now love it.

cabrera303
11-02-2011, 9:59 PM
really why do you prefer 40 ya ive heard lots of good and bad but overall it seems to be a great gun for the price.

DannyInSoCal
11-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Tell Rob to update the discontinued list for Nov -

I keep waiting for that Howa 308 to hit $349.....

:43:

Distro
11-03-2011, 7:15 AM

Logically it would seem okay, the paperwork doesn't start until you pay it off anyway, but this is California. If you can't though, Turners seems to do an awesome job of working with people on here to accommodate them, just wait for the "PM Sent!" from Turners, lol.

Also the X-Mas flyer and Black Friday should be out in a week or two probably, it is highly likely the Sigmas will be on sale, they have been on sale a lot in the past few flyers so their inventory probably has enough for the sale to continue.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-03-2011, 7:34 AM

Not yet .... :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-03-2011, 7:45 AM
Logically it would seem okay, the paperwork doesn't start until you pay it off anyway, but this is California. If you can't though, Turners seems to do an awesome job of working with people on here to accommodate them, just wait for the "PM Sent!" from Turners, lol...

We thoroughly agree with the logic, but to avoid any issues or even the appearance of an issue, we will not write an invoice for anyone who is underage (18 or 21) even if we wouldn't execute the DROS until the customer turns 18 or 21.

Also the X-Mas flyer and Black Friday should be out in a week or two probably, it is highly likely the Sigmas will be on sale, they have been on sale a lot in the past few flyers so their inventory probably has enough for the sale to continue.

Yep... :)

But if this wasn't the case, the "PM Sent" would let you know that we'd cover the sale price for you once your birthday rolled around!

Mac7504
11-03-2011, 9:36 AM

HA, that's funny; I'm looking for a .45 acp hi-point carbine. Hopefully my Norwalk store can help me out for a decent price (picking up my shotgun today, so hopefully I can start dros on one, if available). If not, there always online...sigh..lol.

So I had an epic fail yesterday at Norwalk Tuners. While I was in the process of picking up my shotgun, I inquired about a few other guns, namely the HP.45 carbine.

The guy I spoke with said they haven't gotten the packaged deal (Grip, laser, light etc.) from hi-point, only the barebones unit, and that they sent it out to another shop (hi velocity iirc) to retrofit it with a bullet button. I was shocked, because for some dumb reason I didn't think pistol caliber rifles needed a button. SMG. :facepalm:

They guy looked at me and said “Nooo, that is illegal, anything rifle with pistol grip needs a button.”. LOL.
I was this close to placing an order with buds for one with a push button mag drop. What would have happen when it arrived at insight? Would I have lost what I paid for the rifle?

I’m really glad I avoided this; it’s good to ask questions. Lol.

cabrera303
11-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Ha cool thanks turners...it works out better that way I can go crazy in Vegas win some money and bring it back and go crazy at turners on black Friday.

Mac7504
11-03-2011, 1:07 PM
Yes, they are California legal.

And yes, we are selling them; but they won't arrive until later this year.
In fact we've quit taking deposits because any new deposit we take (after the first 200+ we have in the system) will not likely arrive until Q1, 2012.

See my PM...

Those are sick...I also hope to pick one up, but doesn't look like anytime soon. Sigh.

Will the CA version still hold two tubes, 7 rounds a tube???

c483125117
11-03-2011, 7:49 PM
I received an e-mail from Glock indicating that the Rancho Cucamonga store is having a "Glock Days" event tomorrow, Nov 4th. What can we expect? Will there be lower pricing?

Garand1911
11-03-2011, 9:02 PM
Any word on getting Saiga rifles?

Longhill
11-04-2011, 7:25 AM
ISSC-Austria MSR MK22 .22LR - SCAR .22LR any chance of getting this rifle in stock?

http://www.issc-austria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

Mac7504
11-04-2011, 7:52 AM
Those are sick...I also hope to pick one up, but doesn't look like anytime soon. Sigh.

Will the CA version still hold two tubes, 7 rounds a tube???

I'm going to retract my question; I read that it is CA safe because you actually have to flip a switch/button to access the other tube (7).

Is there a contact list for when you guys actually do start taking deposits again? I'd like to be in on the next round that comes in.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 9:41 AM
Tell Rob to update the discontinued list for Nov -

I keep waiting for that Howa 308 to hit $349.....

:43:

Done...

Nov. 4th Discontinued Gun List (http://www.turners.com/images/discontgun11-04.pdf)

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 9:43 AM
I received an e-mail from Glock indicating that the Rancho Cucamonga store is having a "Glock Days" event tomorrow, Nov 4th. What can we expect? Will there be lower pricing?

Ooops.... not today... I'm not sure where they (Glock) crossed their wires but Glock days will be next week. November 11th.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 9:43 AM
Any word on getting Saiga rifles?

We're working on it....

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 9:47 AM
ISSC-Austria MSR MK22 .22LR - SCAR .22LR any chance of getting this rifle in stock?

http://www.issc-austria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

Yes!

But we do not have finalized pricing or availability at this time.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 9:49 AM
I'm going to retract my question; I read that it is CA safe because you actually have to flip a switch/button to access the other tube (7).

Is there a contact list for when you guys actually do start taking deposits again? I'd like to be in on the next round that comes in.

Not right now; we're focused on them following through with a hard delivery date for that first big shipment that we placed way back when....

Once we know, or rather once they know, when this initial release is going to arrive, then we can make plans beyond that.

Mac7504
11-04-2011, 9:52 AM
Not right now; we're focused on them following through with a hard delivery date for that first big shipment that we placed way back when....

Once we know, or rather once they know, when this initial release is going to arrive, then we can make plans beyond that.

Grrr...Understandable, I'll try to stay informed.

Thanks for the reply.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 9:57 AM
Grrr...Understandable, I'll try to informed.

Thanks for the reply.

PM sent.

Mac7504
11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
PM sent.

Thank you sir. Replied.

indobos72
11-04-2011, 2:51 PM

Thanks,

We've got something in the works on these; stay tuned.

Should I start a new thread to keep track of this? Or do I need to keep an eye on this thread?:whistling:

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 3:09 PM
Should I start a new thread to keep track of this? Or do I need to keep an eye on this thread?:whistling:

We'll announce it in a separate thread when we have things squared away.

indobos72
11-04-2011, 5:51 PM
Perfect time for you to use the 2A Line.

TWO MORE WEEKS!! ;)

LBDamned
11-04-2011, 9:23 PM
I send so much money to out-of-state vendors simply due to online convenience and savings...

I hate seeing Cabela's and MidwayUSA listing "in store pick up" when I have to pay shipping

Any chance of Turners going live with E-Commerce so I can continue support my habit while supporting my local dealer?...

jbush
11-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd just like to comment on the fact that you are addressing the concerns of follow shooters and listening to their issues. I while back I thought the customer service at your Rancho store was really bad. The few times I went in there it seemed like I was ignored. One night about 20 minutes before closing I wanted to purchase a $700 dollar sale item and I must have been invisable to the staff, because with 5 salespeople and cashiers and only 2 customers I walked out after about 15 minute because no one would help me. I addressed the problem in a long and detailed email to your office. Your manager Carol was all over it ( hope she's still there), she called me a day or two later, we talked, she had viewed store videos and saw the problem. I promised I'd never come back, she promised she'd address the problems. Well, I've been back and she did address the problems. I've since purchased 4 guns from that store and the customer service is awesome now. Great friendly staff, go out off their way to service a sale.

One quick note. I own a retail store and understand nobody likes to wait, but firearms purchases are time consuming in California and if I have to wait because someone else is completing a purchase my world won't come to an end. It'a difficult as a retailer to determine when to have extra staff and when it's not need, and it always seems like customer come in all at once. I think you've done a great job at keeping the flow going in Rancho. Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-06-2011, 9:09 AM
I send so much money to out-of-state vendors simply due to online convenience and savings...

I hate seeing Cabela's and MidwayUSA listing "in store pick up" when I have to pay shipping

Any chance of Turners going live with E-Commerce so I can continue support my habit while supporting my local dealer?...

We will go online a bit after we put our new computer system in place. We were planning on this for this quarter but it's been pushed back until mid-January while they tune things up a bit.

We'd like to be online by the end of Q1 2012.

LBDamned
11-06-2011, 9:44 AM
We will go online a bit after we put our new computer system in place. We were planning on this for this quarter but it's been pushed back until mid-January while they tune things up a bit.

We'd like to be online by the end of Q1 2012.

cool, thanks for the update

tbc
11-06-2011, 3:00 PM
I would like to get myself a present for this upcoming Holliday. I'm looking for an m&p9 compact. Do you have them?

baby_booce
11-06-2011, 5:47 PM
Hi
I have a question about my winchester sx3. I bought it from this guy that says he only shoots skeet with it but when i bought it from him, i try to ho skeet shooting with it. It cycles the 7 1/2 - 1 1/8 grain shells fine until u have put out a boc off 25. Then it starts to warm up a bit and then it doesn't cycle all the way out anymore. The first shell will get stuck and the 2nd shell can't be cycled into the chamber? Is ir because it hasn't been broken in with heavier loads yet or is it the rear spring that is in the stock??? Do u have any ideas on what the problem is? Would really appreciate it. Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I would like to get myself a present for this upcoming Holliday. I'm looking for an m&p9 compact. Do you have them?

We just added them; PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi
I have a question about my winchester sx3. I bought it from this guy that says he only shoots skeet with it but when i bought it from him, i try to ho skeet shooting with it. It cycles the 7 1/2 - 1 1/8 grain shells fine until u have put out a boc off 25. Then it starts to warm up a bit and then it doesn't cycle all the way out anymore. The first shell will get stuck and the 2nd shell can't be cycled into the chamber? Is ir because it hasn't been broken in with heavier loads yet or is it the rear spring that is in the stock??? Do u have any ideas on what the problem is? Would really appreciate it. Thanks

It may be any number of things- dirty gun, dirty or tight chamber, the gun might prefer another brand of ammo. Contact the Turner's store closest to you and they can run it past our Winchester rep.

pacifico23
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I was curious if there was any of the pmc .45acp starfire from that calguns special still available at the Reseda Turners? Thanks.

Distro
11-07-2011, 1:04 PM
Regret selling my old one, so thinking of getting a Glock 19 or 23 (then an aftermarket 9mm conversion). With Glock Days coming 11/11 is there a decent price difference between those sales and the Black Friday deals? If it's the same price or simply $10-$15 savings I would rather just buy sooner than later.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-07-2011, 2:15 PM
I was curious if there was any of the pmc .45acp starfire from that calguns special still available at the Reseda Turners? Thanks.

It is always best that you contact our stores directly for any product availability check.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-07-2011, 2:17 PM
Regret selling my old one, so thinking of getting a Glock 19 or 23 (then an aftermarket 9mm conversion). With Glock Days coming 11/11 is there a decent price difference between those sales and the Black Friday deals? If it's the same price or simply $10-$15 savings I would rather just buy sooner than later.

Glock will not be in our Christmas Flyer. Glock days pricing will be a bit lower than our prior weekly sale prices plus there's some Glock swag included (hat and a gun rug), too.

Captain Neon
11-07-2011, 5:43 PM
Okay, I've got a question on how the firearm buying process has changed at Turner's.

The old way went like this:

I pick out a gun I want. The salesman talks me through the 4473 and Dros forms. I get photocopies of my identity documents made, an inquiry goes through the computer, and since I'm a good person everything is OK. The salesman prints out the invoice and explains all the items on it. I initial the part that talks about the pick up dates and time and the order cancel fee.

Now I go to the cashier and pay for everything; the cashier staples the receipt to the invoice and stamps the invoice "Paid". Then I go back to the firearms sales counter and give one copy of the invoice to the salesman, who promptly files it away. Then I go and wait ten days.

More recently, the process goes like this:

I pick out a gun I want. The salesman talks me through the 4473 and Dros forms. I get photocopies of my identity documents made, an inquiry goes through the computer, and since I'm a good person everything is OK. The salesman prints out the invoice and explains all the items on it. I initial the part that talks about the pick up dates. He then wishes me a happy ten days.

My questions are:

Is the order cancel fee something that's waived for reliable long time customers like me? I see some of the other customers initialing that part.

Can I pay for the gun at any point during the waiting period? I make a point to pay for it that same visit, but its implied that's not necessary.

ncrotalus
11-08-2011, 8:41 AM
Any updates on when we might be seeing the Christmas ad? Wouldn't mind seeing the black Friday one either :).

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Is the order cancel fee something that's waived for reliable long time customers like me? I see some of the other customers initialing that part.

Our manager's can reach out to our Store Sales/Mgmt Director whenever they want to make a case for waiving (or using store credit, in lieu of) a cancellation charge.

All parts of the layaway apply to all customers, but when life happens our managers can work with customers on a case-by-case basis and figure something out.

Can I pay for the gun at any point during the waiting period? I make a point to pay for it that same visit, but its implied that's not necessary.

This was just addressed recently. There were numerous and very valid reasons why we have insisted why we would only start DROS at the time that the gun was paid-in-full. We went over this at our last Store Manager's Meeting and we have loosened this up a bit.

Today, we will start DROS at time of minimum (30% of total ticket) deposit.

If a customer fails to come in before 30 days and pay it off and pick-up, they'll have to come back in pay off the gun and pay for new DROS fees and start a new 10-day wait.

If they don't make it in by 45 days and no arrangement has been agreed upon by the Store Manager and the customer, the customer will be assessed the cancellation charge.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Any updates on when we might be seeing the Christmas ad? Wouldn't mind seeing the black Friday one either :).

Soon :)...

Distro
11-08-2011, 11:31 AM
[..]
This was just addressed recently. There were numerous and very valid reasons why we have insisted why we would only start DROS at the time that the gun was paid-in-full. We went over this at our last Store Manager's Meeting and we have loosened this up a bit.

Today, we will start DROS at time of minimum (30% of total ticket) deposit.

If a customer fails to come in before 30 days and pay it off and pick-up, they'll have to come back in pay off the gun and pay for new DROS fees and start a new 10-day wait.

If they don't make it in by 45 days and no arrangement has been agreed upon by the Store Manager and the customer, the customer will be assessed the cancellation charge.

Is this something we have to bring up to the salesman at the time of deposit or is it automatic now? When I put a deposit down my intention is to come back within 2-4 days (Deposit Thursday. Payoff Sunday) removing those extra days from the wait would be awesome.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Is this something we have to bring up to the salesman at the time of deposit or is it automatic now? When I put a deposit down my intention is to come back within 2-4 days (Deposit Thursday. Payoff Sunday) removing those extra days from the wait would be awesome.

Being that it is new and optional, you'll definitely want to let them know at the onset that you want to start DROS and pay off on your pick-up day.

TriumphAndrew
11-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Got a question: in August, I purchased a Walther P-1 from the Kerney Mesa store for $299. I was in the same store last week and saw the same guns for 269. Being that a couple of months have passed, would I still be able to get the difference back? Even if it was in store credit it would be nice. Also, do you have plans to carry the Taurus circuit judge?

h0use
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
will you guys ever carry colt striped lowers?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Got a question: in August, I purchased a Walther P-1 from the Kerney Mesa store for $299. I was in the same store last week and saw the same guns for 269. Being that a couple of months have passed, would I still be able to get the difference back? Even if it was in store credit it would be nice. Also, do you have plans to carry the Taurus circuit judge?

Typically we price protect for about 30 days after pick-up.

On the P-1's, we dropped the price on the remaining guns because they are getting fairly picked over. A lot of those remaining pistols do not have the cross-pin or heavier slide upgrades that the bulk of these pistols had and/or they are just not as in good as condition as the one's we ran at $299 or higher.

As for the Circuit Judge, we're working on that.

dtjester
11-08-2011, 4:23 PM

Couldn't you buy a regular lower and then stripe it yourself?

Cokebottle
11-08-2011, 4:39 PM
The point of buying a stripped lower is:

1 - To avoid buying a bunch of stuff you don't want
2 - To put the gun together little bit at a time.

#1 is a big money saver if you can't find a buyer for that A2 or Commercial buffer telescoping stock, or for that 1:12 barrel.

#2 may end up costing more money in the long run, but for someone on a tight weekly budget, it's easier to spend $1400 on a rifle over 12 months than it is to drop $900-$1200 at once.

dtjester
11-08-2011, 5:26 PM
The point of buying a stripped lower is:

1 - To avoid buying a bunch of stuff you don't want
2 - To put the gun together little bit at a time.

#1 is a big money saver if you can't find a buyer for that A2 or Commercial buffer telescoping stock, or for that 1:12 barrel.

#2 may end up costing more money in the long run, but for someone on a tight weekly budget, it's easier to spend $1400 on a rifle over 12 months than it is to drop $900-$1200 at once.

But he said he wanted a striped lower

h0use
11-08-2011, 6:49 PM
miss spelled. stripped lower is what i want. i want to ad my own parts but would like a colt lower.

knucklehead
11-09-2011, 12:44 AM
just curious of why no pictures can be taken of a gun that was drosed? paid in full an started the 10 day wait? after all the paper work was done i went to take a picture from my phone an sales clerk said no. sorry if this has been covered before. thsnks for the feed back

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 8:14 AM

miss spelled. stripped lower is what i want. i want to ad my own parts but would like a colt lower.

Wow, tough crowd ...!

We've put the question to our local Colt reps, but it doesn't look like Colt is going to go anything with lowers at this time. We'll keep pushing the issue and let you know if anything changes.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 8:16 AM
just curious of why no pictures can be taken of a gun that was drosed? paid in full an started the 10 day wait? after all the paper work was done i went to take a picture from my phone an sales clerk said no. sorry if this has been covered before. thsnks for the feed back

Like most gun stores, we do not allow photography in our stores as a general rule; however, taking a picture of "your" gun should not be an issue. We'll address this- thanks for the feedback.

a90cal
11-09-2011, 3:53 PM
Ok I can say with confidence that Turners you are my fav gun store despite being a couple hundred miles away. Turners usually has some great deals and some funky guns. I need you to reaffirm your place as the best small chain gun store by finding me a good price on a 9mm kel-tec ca legal sub 2000 that takes glock 19 mags. Consider the gauntlet thrown

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 6:34 PM
Ok I can say with confidence that Turners you are my fav gun store despite being a couple hundred miles away. Turners usually has some great deals and some funky guns. I need you to reaffirm your place as the best small chain gun store by finding me a good price on a 9mm kel-tec ca legal sub 2000 that takes glock 19 mags. Consider the gauntlet thrown

We'd hate to turn down your noble challenge but we'd have a bit to do make this one worthwhile. The few changes needed to make it CA legal- OAL and fixed mag- add cost; as will the additional step in distribution for this to get to us.

We'll let you know but it's not likely at this time.

Raptor3000
11-10-2011, 9:17 AM
Hi Turners,

You have mentioned in one of the threads that, Turners price protects on gun purchases for 30 days after they are picked up, by pick up you mean after the day you take the gun home right?

What i was told at Turners store was once you pick up the gun (take it home), there is no price protection.

Which one is right? I bought a gun at turners 10 days ago and can pick it up today, but i am waiting until your hoilday catalog comes out. If you guys price protect it for 30 days after pickup (after you take the gun home) I will pick it up today.

Please clarify this, and also can you let us know when you catalog is going to be out? Want to buy Arsenal SGL 21 :)

Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-10-2011, 9:56 AM
Hi Turners,

You have mentioned in one of the threads that, Turners price protects on gun purchases for 30 days after they are picked up, by pick up you mean after the day you take the gun home right?

What i was told at Turners store was once you pick up the gun (take it home), there is no price protection.

Which one is right? I bought a gun at turners 10 days ago and can pick it up today, but i am waiting until your hoilday catalog comes out. If you guys price protect it for 30 days after pickup (after you take the gun home) I will pick it up today.

Please clarify this, and also can you let us know when you catalog is going to be out? Want to buy Arsenal SGL 21 :)

Thanks

Our current policy is that we'll price protect as follows:

If a gun is in waiting period or on layaway (and not past 30 days), we'll make a price adjustment if the gun goes on ad.

If a gun has been picked up and goes on sale within 30 days after pick-up, we'll issue a store credit for the price difference.

Be aware that this policy may not apply to special buys, discontinued guns, used guns, certain curio/relic buys or consignment sales.

As for the Christmas flyer, mailing will begin on Monday 11/14... but Arsenal's will not be in the flyer; we've placed orders but we do not have a lot of inventory at this time.

Raptor3000
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the quick response.

I am also planning on buying Ruger Single Six convertible stainless will these be on the christmas flyer? I will buy one now if they will not be on the flyer.

thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the quick response.

I am also planning on buying Ruger Single Six convertible stainless will these be on the christmas flyer? I will buy one now if they will not be on the flyer.

thanks

The new Single-Ten (Stainless, .22LR) will be in the flyer but not the Single-Six stainless convertible.

hardrivr
11-10-2011, 1:32 PM
Any chance of new stores around the Temecula/Murrieta area?

Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-10-2011, 2:06 PM
Any chance of new stores around the Temecula/Murrieta area?

Thanks

Yep.... :D .... it's long overdue.

cdmcdoug
11-10-2011, 2:19 PM
I noticed that the S&W M&P15 Sport goes on sale tomorrow for $659.98. You had previously said that it would be in the Black Friday flyer. Is it still in the Black Friday flyer and will it be a lot less money?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-10-2011, 2:30 PM
I noticed that the S&W M&P15 Sport goes on sale tomorrow for $659.98. You had previously said that it would be in the Black Friday flyer. Is it still in the Black Friday flyer and will it be a lot less money?

It will be at the same price in the flyer.

a90cal
11-10-2011, 2:48 PM
Any chance of Turners opening stores near the central valley?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-10-2011, 3:47 PM
Any chance of Turners opening stores near the central valley?

Somewhere down the road perhaps, but our next stores will very likely be here in the generally southern part of the state.

CLIFF
11-11-2011, 12:10 AM
I purchased a Wasr 10 for 429.99 on your soft opening in Torrance July 1st, picked it up on the 11th, 2-3 weeks later i saw it on sale for 389 if im can remember. Is it too late? Or would this still apply towards store credit?:confused: It would help on the Colt m-4 ill be purchasing next month.

Chaos47
11-11-2011, 4:12 AM
I purchased a Wasr 10 for 429.99 on your soft opening in Torrance July 1st, picked it up on the 11th, 2-3 weeks later i saw it on sale for 389 if im can remember. Is it too late? Or would this still apply towards store credit?:confused: It would help on the Colt m-4 ill be purchasing next month.

Not trying to be a jerk but:

Interesting that just tonight this http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7478789&postcount=10
was posted about the sale price earlier this year

And you just now remembered something that happened 3 months ago and you didn't take care of...

If they do a price match for you they are going super above and beyond. It's your responsibility to take care of things like this timely.

CLIFF
11-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Not trying to be a jerk but:

Interesting that just tonight this http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7478789&postcount=10
was posted about the sale price earlier this year

And you just now remembered something that happened 3 months ago and you didn't take care of...

If they do a price match for you they are going super above and beyond. It's your responsibility to take care of things like this timely.

From what was told by an employee at Turner's that there was no price protection after pick up, only during DROS during the 389.00 sale AD went out 3 months ago. The only reason im asking again is because Turners posted their policy. Look above. Not for some post you might think is the reason.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-11-2011, 11:34 AM

The $389.98 price was for the Grand Opening sale; as noted above, we would price protect it if it ran on ad within 30-days (with some exceptions.)

It as been some time; we'll see what we can do and send you a PM.

iscozky
11-12-2011, 3:11 AM
Will there be another HK sale coming? I'm planning to get an Expert .45 this month.
Thanks!

kalaca
11-12-2011, 8:45 AM
Are the discontinue gun prices firm or can you offer a price thanks!

h0use
11-12-2011, 2:16 PM
do you think you will do another springfield XD sale?

Chaos47
11-14-2011, 1:08 PM
As for the Christmas flyer, mailing will begin on Monday 11/14.

I know I am being impatient but any word when this will be uploaded online? I can't wait! lol :chris:

m3zona
11-14-2011, 1:14 PM
I put a down payment for a Colt SP6920CA at the Corona store. The next day, I visited the Rancho Cucamonga store and they had the rifle in stock. I was told I would have to wait until the Corona store received their shipment and complete the sale there. Is there a reason why I couldn't complete the payment at the Rancho Cucamonga store and DROS one of the in-stock rifles there?

Chaos47
11-14-2011, 2:10 PM
If they are nice to you it should go something like this. Bring your paperwork to Rancho and see if the manager will call Corona and have them cancel the order and have them put the balance on a Gift Card. They will then give Rancho the gift card number and then they will use it to start the sale there. You will have to do all your paperwork over.

It's a bit of a pain (mostly for them) but its worth it if it gets it in your hands faster ;)

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-14-2011, 2:25 PM
Will there be another HK sale coming? I'm planning to get an Expert .45 this month.
Thanks!

HK is not in our Christmas flyer but they may pop up in our weekly ad- it all depends on how well they ship us if we'll have enough for another ad.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-14-2011, 2:36 PM
Are the discontinue gun prices firm or can you offer a price thanks!

These prices are firm, some being near or at our cost. If a given model doesn't sell we may further reduce the price down the road.

If the gun is a display model and has some handling wear and tear, the manager can reach out to our buyers to see if there is room for a bit more of a discount.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-14-2011, 2:36 PM
I know I am being impatient but any word when this will be uploaded online? I can't wait! lol :chris:

Sorry, not yet...

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-14-2011, 2:44 PM
I put a down payment for a Colt SP6920CA at the Corona store. The next day, I visited the Rancho Cucamonga store and they had the rifle in stock. I was told I would have to wait until the Corona store received their shipment and complete the sale there. Is there a reason why I couldn't complete the payment at the Rancho Cucamonga store and DROS one of the in-stock rifles there?

If they are nice to you it should go something like this. Bring your paperwork to Rancho and see if the manager will call Corona and have them cancel the order and have them put the balance on a Gift Card. They will then give Rancho the gift card number and then they will use it to start the sale there. You will have to do all your paperwork over.

It's a bit of a pain (mostly for them) but its worth it if it gets it in your hands faster ;)

We can do what Chaos47 suggests above, but you can start your DROS in Corona now assuming that the Corona store is closest to home for you and pay off your rifle on your pick-up day. Likewise Corona gets their truck tomorrow with the rifle they allocated for you the day you left your deposit.

Contact the store manager at Corona and let him know what you'd like to do.

kalaca
11-14-2011, 4:36 PM
These prices are firm, some being near or at our cost. If a given model doesn't sell we may further reduce the price down the road.

If the gun is a display model and has some handling wear and tear, the manager can reach out to our buyers to see if there is room for a bit more of a discount.

So I took my fiancé to look at a shotgun that was on your disc page and it was sold already so we bought a mossberg 500 tactical and highpoint carbine 9mm as we head home from driving 40 miles we stop at the local sporting good store and the same shotgun was $30 cheaper do you guys price match or is it too late since she already paid for them!
Thanks

Cokebottle
11-14-2011, 4:40 PM
As for the Christmas flyer, mailing will begin on Monday 11/14.
Must have hand-delivered mine... I already have it!

AragornElessar86
11-14-2011, 7:03 PM
Must have hand-delivered mine... I already have it!

We must have been assigned the same courier. Just took mine outta the mailbox when I got home from work.

dshortone
11-14-2011, 9:24 PM
Are there any plans to sku/stock the ACR in A-TACS camo (p/n: BMACRSS16M4A; UPC: 604206129680)? The wife thinks it's pretty cool, and I'm a fan myself.

ojisan
11-14-2011, 9:27 PM
The new roster-approved Browning 1911-22 expected availability date?

pacifico23
11-15-2011, 6:26 AM
When do you plan on releasing the black friday specials online? Thanks!

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 7:06 AM
do you think you will do another springfield XD sale?

They will be in our Christmas flyer-3" or 4" Essentials and 5" Standards- 9MM and .40S&W only.

The Springfield rebate- 3 mags and a double mag pouch- still applies to any XD purchase.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 7:07 AM
So I took my fiancé to look at a shotgun that was on your disc page and it was sold already so we bought a mossberg 500 tactical and highpoint carbine 9mm as we head home from driving 40 miles we stop at the local sporting good store and the same shotgun was $30 cheaper do you guys price match or is it too late since she already paid for them!
Thanks

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 7:14 AM
Are there any plans to sku/stock the ACR in A-TACS camo (p/n: BMACRSS16M4A; UPC: 604206129680)? The wife thinks it's pretty cool, and I'm a fan myself.

Not at this time; but you can always contact your nearest Turner's with regards to a special order on models that we do not stock in our warehouse.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 7:15 AM
The new roster-approved Browning 1911-22 expected availability date?

We've had these on order since they intro'd them last winter. Now that they are on the list, we'll get an updated ETA from our rep.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 7:18 AM
When do you plan on releasing the black friday specials online? Thanks!

We'll release our flyer online shortly.

We'll also have an in-store Black Friday special sheet out, but likely we won't see that until early next week.

Raptor3000
11-15-2011, 7:58 AM
Will there be another flyer for christmas, inaddition to the black friday flyer?

thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 8:07 AM
Will there be another flyer for christmas, inaddition to the black friday flyer?

thanks

Our Christmas Flyer begins on black friday and will run from 11/25 through 12/29.

That is on the way to the folks on our snail mail list and will be online as soon as tomorrow and will be available for pick-up in our stores about that same time.

We will also have in-store specials on black friday (maybe good for that day only, or maybe through Sunday, or something like that.)

Additionally, we'll run our weekly ads, our Weds e-mail blasts (aka "off the hook specials"), and CGN specials.

cxr
11-15-2011, 8:14 AM
do you guys price match?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 8:28 AM
do you guys price match?

We'll try to do price matching whenever we can for dealers that are in our local area only (pretty much most of So Cal ...), for guns that are in stock.

There are cases where we can't- discontinued items, close-outs, LE dealer's, online prices, etc.- but it never hurts to ask the managers at the Turner's store where you shop- get them the info, telling them who has it in stock, and at what price and we'll see if we can do it.

Head416
11-15-2011, 2:20 PM
Okay, stupid question (it's been a while since I've bought a gun). Buying a stripped lower it would be the cost of the lower, plus normal sales tax and $25 DROS, is that correct? Or is there another fee I'm missing?

So these would come out right around $100?

Mister.E
11-15-2011, 2:57 PM
Do you guys run any deals on the Ruger Vaquero? Looking for .357, 4-5/8" barrel, not sure if I want SS or Blued.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 3:07 PM
Okay, stupid question (it's been a while since I've bought a gun). Buying a stripped lower it would be the cost of the lower, plus normal sales tax and $25 DROS, is that correct? Or is there another fee I'm missing?

So these would come out right around $100?

Lower, plus tax, DROS/Dealer Fee- all in is closer to $106.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 3:09 PM
Do you guys run any deals on the Ruger Vaquero? Looking for .357, 4-5/8" barrel, not sure if I want SS or Blued.

We'll have two pages of Ruger in the flyer, but no Vaquero's.

PM Sent.

dougolupski
11-15-2011, 3:12 PM
I wouldn't mind a pm on the Vaquero's as well, same model and spec as above ironically. Been looking for awhile and been eying the one that was is on the discont. list. Thanks in advance.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 3:30 PM
I wouldn't mind a pm on the Vaquero's as well, same model and spec as above ironically. Been looking for awhile and been eying the one that was is on the discont. list. Thanks in advance.

Sent...

rally200
11-15-2011, 7:14 PM
Hi are any of your stores stocking the hk usp45 v1 with demos in the store? I'm ready to by an hk 45 ap and want to try the grip fit of the hk usp fullsize in 45. Help me bring home another hk.
Thanks!

biker777
11-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I have to ask even though I am sure its been answered already somewhere here

I bought a rifle on the 14th and just got my Black Friday ad on the 15th.. the rifle I bought is going on sale for $15.00 less.. My pick up date is the 24th but thats Thanksgiving day and you are closed of course..so I pick it up Friday the 25th the day it goes on sale for less..will I be able to get a store credit for the difference>>???

Ricky-Ray
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM

I bought a rifle on the 14th and just got my Black Friday ad on the 15th.. the rifle I bought is going on sale for $15.00 less.. My pick up date is the 24th but thats Thanksgiving day and you are closed of course..so I pick it up Friday the 25th the day it goes on sale for less..will I be able to get a store credit for the difference>>???

Talk to the store manager and either they will make the price adjustment or do store credit.

cxr
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
where did you get the bf ad from? im looking at the website and dont see it.

h0use
11-16-2011, 1:07 PM
Were did you get the AD from as well? Also here the christmas flyer is out?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 2:17 PM
Hi are any of your stores stocking the hk usp45 v1 with demos in the store? I'm ready to by an hk 45 ap and want to try the grip fit of the hk usp fullsize in 45. Help me bring home another hk.
Thanks!

We have them on order right now, but it looks like we are out of stock at the moment with no specific ETA, other than "soon".

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 2:19 PM

Yes; sent you an e-mail.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 2:21 PM
where did you get the bf ad from? im looking at the website and dont see it.

Were did you get the AD from as well? Also here the christmas flyer is out?

The Christmas flyer, which begins on Black Friday is in the mail- lots of folks already got it. We'll be passing it out in stores tomorrow and it should be online shortly.

The in-store Black Friday specials will be available early next week.

kalaca
11-16-2011, 2:28 PM
The Christmas flyer, which begins on Black Friday is in the mail- lots of folks already got it. We'll be passing it out in stores tomorrow and it should be online shortly.

The in-store Black Friday specials will be available early next week.

Did you get my pm yet don't know if that was the right info you needed!

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 3:19 PM
Did you get my pm yet don't know if that was the right info you needed!

Just sent you a PM while you were posting this.

LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
11-16-2011, 5:43 PM
PM just sent on pricing in the new flyer.

Sabot
11-16-2011, 9:34 PM
It sure would be nice to have a Turners in Ventura County, we have a lot of gun owners out here.

bonzaiii
11-17-2011, 12:02 AM
It sure would be nice to have a Turners in Ventura County, we have a lot of gun owners out here.

I could not agree more, I hate having to go into the valley to visit Turners!

dougolupski
11-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I could not agree more, I hate having to go into the valley to visit Turners!

Who LIKES going to the valley :p

LBDamned
11-17-2011, 8:14 PM
I notice the weekly ads (and the Christmas catalog) often has Fobus holsters on sale... I also noticed that Fobus' website no longer lists the Roto UVM (universal mount for home & vehicle), although many online retailers and Amazon still have it.

I'm wondering if it's a discontinued item - and if so, since Turners seems to have frequent sales on inventory, is there any chance of getting these (and possibly blow them out on sale)?

Napalm Bulldog
11-17-2011, 9:40 PM
Nice flyer.

DeathByDoubleDip
11-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Saw the CZ-75B for sale in the Holiday ad, and I'm wondering if you guys have CZ-85's in stock as well for the southpaws.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-18-2011, 12:12 PM
I notice the weekly ads (and the Christmas catalog) often has Fobus holsters on sale... I also noticed that Fobus' website no longer lists the Roto UVM (universal mount for home & vehicle), although many online retailers and Amazon still have it.

I'm wondering if it's a discontinued item - and if so, since Turners seems to have frequent sales on inventory, is there any chance of getting these (and possibly blow them out on sale)?

We're not doing that much with FOBUS in general but our buyer will keep an eye out for any deals.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Saw the CZ-75B for sale in the Holiday ad, and I'm wondering if you guys have CZ-85's in stock as well for the southpaws.

CZ-85's are not on the current DOJ list; there are 13 some odd versions of the 75, 2 2075 variants, the mod 97B .45ACP and the mod 83 .380 on the list.

LBDamned
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
We're not doing that much with FOBUS in general but our buyer will keep an eye out for any deals.

thanks Bill... even at non sale price, is there a chance that Turners would get some?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Nice flyer.

Thank you.

Here is the link (http://www.turners.com/) to our homepage for the digital version. The flash-animated graphic will not work on i-Phone or i-Pad but if you click in the "?", the digital edition flyer will open in a new window allowing you to flip through each page.

pacifico23
11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
I the holiday ad the same discounts as black friday? Or will there be another flyer for that?