PDA

View Full Version : SB 798 - Lets call/email the Assembly Public Safety Committee!!

jeffsenpai
06-09-2011, 4:43 PM
See the sticky thread 7/1 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=451046

On June 14 this legislation will be heard by the public safety committee. I have compiled the emails of the Public Safety Committee for your copy/paste convenience:

assemblymember.ammiano@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.knight@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.cedillo@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymemeber.hagman@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymemeber.hill@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymemeber.mitchell@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.skinner@assembly.ca.gov

This is the message I sent - feel free to add to it or copy it as you wish!

Hello, I implore you to oppose SB 798 this June 14.

SB 798 will require that air rifles be colored brightly in a manner like a child's toy. Many many air rifles are used to hunt small game and can fire pellets in excess of 1000 feet per second. These air rifles are NOT toys, and requiring them to be colored in bright neons will make them appeal to younger children who can be seriously injured or killed if hit by a high-velocity pellet.

For the safety of children throughout California, please OPPOSE SB 798. Very ill-thought out legislation.

Thank you,

LETS DO THIS GUYS!! LET THEM KNOW PEOPLE ARE AGAINST THIS MEASURE!

Librarian
06-09-2011, 5:32 PM
just sent mine off

3 of those emails refused my message though :( said they were being spammed

You may have to use the 'contact' links, if any, on the members' web pages - find those at http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/acsframeset7text.htm

jeffsenpai
06-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Even better than what I suggested, go here:

http://www.pyramydair.com/SB798.shtml

Easy as cake, and still lets them know where we stand on this issue!

ldsnet
06-10-2011, 8:48 AM
done.

wait - they all bounced back as invalid or no longer used boxes. Use the phone or fax!

blahblah
06-10-2011, 9:06 AM
I just called my representative and told their assistant that this idea sounds very dangerous to me... that I try to teach my kids that BB are NOT toys and should be treated carefully. They in fact ARE NOT toys; they are potentially injurious weapons, and should not be painted like toys.

Courtesy of the NRA, here are the emails and phone numbers:

Assembly Public Safety Committee

Tom Ammiano (D-13), Chairman
(916) 319-2013
assemblymember.ammiano@assembly.ca.gov

Steve Knight (R-36), Vice Chairman
(916) 319-2036
assemblymember.knight@assembly.ca.gov

Gilbert Cedillo (D-45)
(916) 319-2045
assemblymember.cedillo@assembly.ca.gov

Curt Hagman (R-60)
(916) 319-2060
assemblymember.hagman@assembly.ca.gov

Jerry Hill (D-19)
(916) 319-2019
assemblymember.hill@assembly.ca.gov

Holly J. Mitchell (D-47)
(916) 319-2047
assemblymember.mitchell@assembly.ca.gov

Nancy Skinner (D-14)
(916) 319-2014
assemblymember.skinner@assembly.ca.gov

Write Winger
06-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I'd like to voice my opposition to SB798. While this legislation was probably spawned by a kid getting shot *by police for pointing a BB or pellet gun at them, making these guns appear as toys is the wrong message to send to children. These guns, though usually associated with youth, are not toys and should never be treated as such. As a responsible gun owner, I urge you to not consider these guns anything less that real guns that require the same amount of respect and safety as any other gun, and to not be considered toys. A colorful gun isn't any less dangerous to anyone if shot in a vital organ. This bill's requirement is an unnecessary burden on manufacturers, and not a good message to send to our children who we are trying to teach gun safety and responsibility. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Confusion
06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
just sent mine off

3 of those emails refused my message though :( said they were being spammed

3 of those email addresses have typos.. coincidence, I think not..

There was an extra 'e' memeber, not member. Silly internet..

Confusion
06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I received several 'Please Use The Website instead' automated responses. I'm kind of worried messages from there will be ignored since they are asking for mailing addresses.

Steveo8
06-10-2011, 1:10 PM
assemblymember.hagman@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.hill@assembly.ca.gov, assemblymember.mitchell@assembly.ca.gov,

Fixed these three

Confusion
06-10-2011, 1:22 PM
I received this response:
"Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to SB 798 (De León) which would classify all BB gun devices as imitation firearms, thereby subjecting them to new rules and specifications (i.e. color, packaging, etc).

As a California State Assemblyman, I wanted to be sure and let you know that I strongly OPPOSE this bill.

This bill is unnecessary and excessive. In fact, coloring BB guns and Airsoft products in bright colors will do little except give parents and children the impression that these devices are toys. This creates confusion and hides the fact that they can cause serious or fatal injury if misused or improperly handled.

We need to focus our efforts on strengthening the economy and creating jobs, not creating new hardships and restrictions for retailers, business owners, and responsible gun owners.

Unfortunately, this bill has already passed the State Senate. I urge you to contact your Assembly Representative and tell them to oppose this bill when it is brought to their attention. Thank you for your support.

It is an honor to serve you and the State of California. "

Fissssh
06-10-2011, 2:09 PM
Sent as is with a slight addition:

Hello, I implore you to oppose SB 798 this June 14.

SB 798 will require that air rifles be colored brightly in a manner like a child's toy. Many many air rifles are used to hunt small game and can fire pellets in excess of 1000 feet per second. These air rifles are NOT toys, and requiring them to be colored in bright neons will make them appeal to younger children who can be seriously injured or killed if hit by a high-velocity pellet.

For the safety of children throughout California, please OPPOSE SB 798. Very ill-thought out legislation.

Thank you,

PS: I have my Fathers Red Ryder BB Gun from 1938 and I have mine from 1960 and I gave one to my son in 1994 and I plan on giving all my Grandsons (3, 1 has one already) one in the near future. These are not toys.

andrewctai
06-10-2011, 5:40 PM
Dear Californians,

Please do not sit back and wait for others to fight for your right. De Leon has been moving the dates of the hearing to slow down our momentum. We need all Californians to call.

Do not become De Leon's political causality as his intention is to help himself up the political ladder. Please, be polite when we call, express your opinion before its too late.

Other Airsofters are doing great calling in opposing SB798, All CA Gun owners should call and oppose this senseless bill, before De Leon limits more of our 2nd Amendment, our right to bear arms!

Below are the numbers of the assembly members that every Californian should call:

The office of:
Senator Kevin De Leon - (916) 651-4022

Assembly Member Tom Ammiano - (916) 319 - 2013

Assembly Member Steve Knight - (916) 319 - 2036

Assembly Member Gilbert Cedillo - (916) 319 - 2045

Assembly Member Curt Hagman - (916) 319- 2060

Assembly Member Jerry Hill - (916) 319 - 2019

Assembly Member Holly Mitchell - (916) 319 - 2047

Assembly Member Nancy Skinner - (916) 319 - 2014

Thank you for your supports!

cineski
06-10-2011, 8:58 PM
As horrible as this would be, I'd have to laugh my rear off at DeassLick if criminals started painting their guns pink before committing a violent crime.

blahblah
06-11-2011, 3:19 AM
3 of those email addresses have typos.. coincidence, I think not..

There was an extra 'e' memeber, not member. Silly internet..

Thanks for catching that. I corrected my post. Note: It came from the NRA that way! Weird.

blahblah
06-11-2011, 3:21 AM
By the way, calling on the phone will make more impact I think. Most of these offices get so much email they are not even likely to open your message let alone consider its views before the legislation has already moved on.

LiquidFlorian
06-11-2011, 3:49 PM
Airsoft and Paintball inustries are all over this too. Even out of state players and companies are getting involved. :D

BodyPiercingByColt
06-11-2011, 4:03 PM
We need to do both.

Assembly Public Safety Committee

Tom Ammiano (D-13), Chairman
(916) 319-2013
assemblymember.ammiano@assembly.ca.gov

Steve Knight (R-36), Vice Chairman
(916) 319-2036
assemblymember.knight@assembly.ca.gov

Gilbert Cedillo (D-45)
(916) 319-2045
assemblymember.cedillo@assembly.ca.gov

Curt Hagman (R-60)
(916) 319-2060

Jerry Hill (D-19)
(916) 319-2019

Holly J. Mitchell (D-47)
(916) 319-2047

Nancy Skinner (D-14)
(916) 319-2014
assemblymember.skinner@assembly.ca.gov

BodyPiercingByColt
06-11-2011, 4:06 PM
Didn't see that someone else already had their phone numbers up till after I posted.:D (****-eating grin)

But my message still stands: email AND call!

Meplat
06-11-2011, 5:44 PM
Done!

AndrewMendez
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Here is a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-On-California-SB-798/220859654597216?sk=wall) for it.

LiquidFlorian
06-16-2011, 2:04 PM
I found out yesterday that the paintball industry has sold out Airsoft and Air Gun shooters by buying themselves an exemption in the bill. Any help you can render can help save the Airsoft Industry.

hill billy
06-21-2011, 1:03 PM
Was just told that it did not make it out of Public Safety?

socal-shooter
06-21-2011, 1:04 PM
wtf

Untamed1972
06-21-2011, 1:05 PM
798 was what bill?

hill billy
06-21-2011, 1:10 PM
Brightly colored BB and Airsoft guns.

infernl
06-21-2011, 1:16 PM
What is this site called again??

CALSOFT?

Bigbird19
06-21-2011, 1:17 PM
It got voted down 5-2 in the senate committee meeting. I don't think it's officially dead until de leon gives up on it.

hill billy
06-21-2011, 1:21 PM

CALSOFT?

That's a very short sighted view of the issue in question. Fight on every single front.

gun toting monkeyboy
06-21-2011, 2:13 PM
That's a very short sighted view of the issue in question. Fight on every single front.

^this^

If we let them get away with ANYTHING related to guns, they will use it as a stepping stone. What happens if they pass a law saying that toy guns have to be brightly colored? They end up using that as a basis for not allowing real guns to be brightly colored. And all those women that we have worked so hard to get into shooting lose all their "pretty" guns. My daughters end up losing their Crickett rifles because they are red, white and blue in one case, and bright pink in the other. How would that be fair? Never give these b@$+@rds an inch. They want to discourage guns any way they can.:mad:

-Mb

hill billy
06-21-2011, 2:14 PM
More than that, ANY win heartens Kevin DeLeon. I won't post in public what I think ought to happen to him, but at the very least I will say I want him to have nothing but 0's in the W category.

unusedusername
06-21-2011, 2:26 PM

+1.

BB guns are actually dangerous. Making them look like a harmless squirt gun is not a good thing.

Besides, if this passes I can see the smarter criminals going down to home depot to paint their sidearms orange or blue.

7.62 Charlie
06-21-2011, 2:34 PM
^this^

If we let them get away with ANYTHING related to guns, they will use it as a stepping stone. What happens if they pass a law saying that toy guns have to be brightly colored? They end up using that as a basis for not allowing real guns to be brightly colored. And all those women that we have worked so hard to get into shooting lose all their "pretty" guns. My daughters end up losing their Crickett rifles because they are red, white and blue in one case, and bright pink in the other. How would that be fair? Never give these b@$+@rds an inch. They want to discourage guns any way they can.:mad:

-Mb

+1

That's exactly what i was thinking.

donw
06-21-2011, 3:03 PM
More than that, ANY win heartens Kevin DeLeon. I won't post in public what I think ought to happen to him, but at the very least I will say I want him to have nothing but 0's in the W category.

i completely agree with you.

Deleon and those like him should NOT be allowed to hold ANY public office or job under ANY circumstance....:mad::chris:

RudyN
06-21-2011, 3:41 PM
SB798 was just a start. If DeLeon could get away with that, he would try something a little more instrusive and on and on. It is available for reconsideration so we should not rest and must keep an eye on things like this. I phoned every member of the committee and let them know I was opposed to this and I don't even play airsoft, but it does look like fun though.

Dr Pete
06-21-2011, 3:49 PM
#1 Let him hold the target since it's "just a toy" I pick the lead projectile used in the airgun of my choice ;)

@ OP, in consideration for the masses who don't know wtf 798 dead means please consider in the future a more succinct post title and helpful information.
Part of our job is to educate. Just saying.

socal-shooter
06-21-2011, 3:49 PM
thats good, now lets focus on the long gun registration bill that just passed to the next level

stix213
06-21-2011, 4:03 PM
Good! Now hopefully this dies for good so it won't kill any of our police officers (bad guy paints real gun bright orange, aims at officer, officer hesitates just a moment too long)

Sonic_mike
06-21-2011, 4:04 PM

CALSOFT?

only to the members that are over 50 years old :p

Wernher von Browning
06-21-2011, 4:56 PM
#1 Let him hold the target since it's "just a toy" I pick the lead projectile used in the airgun of my choice ;)

Is this your boy?

http://blog.joehuffman.org/content/binary/ChineseTargetStand.jpg

http://www.honeyisland.org/images/chinese.jpg

(Just one underloaded round... just one... Think Chinese quality control...)

mossy
06-21-2011, 7:17 PM
good the color of air guns was not the true point of this bill. if the bill passed and became law they would then try to regulate the color of firearms so police wont get the two confused.

bw762308
06-21-2011, 8:20 PM

Damn right. Don't give that d&$)(; bag deleon an inch.

Swiss
06-21-2011, 9:04 PM
I believe this is in the Assembly PS Committee. Does anyone have the votes handy?

It got voted down 5-2 in the senate committee meeting. I don't think it's officially dead until de leon gives up on it.

LiquidFlorian
06-21-2011, 9:12 PM
It was defeated today, but held for reconsideration. So, the fight isn't over yet...

Someone said their was a picture of Deleon muzzle sweeping the rest of the committee durring the hearing. A friend of mine was with the Airsoft Safety Foundation and saw this happen. He said it was up on calguns... Also, apparently Tom Ammiano dressed him down for putting forth such a ridiculous bill. Another senator showed him the picture of the Duracoat booth from ShotShow and asked him what do we do about these real guns that are brightly colored. I wish I could've been there. :D

WCFT1
06-21-2011, 10:07 PM
We at 2nd Amendment Entertainment and West Coast Firearms Training would like to thank all those that support No on SB 798. This bill will have a direct negative impact on both of my companies. We use airsoft every week to train our clients in the safe use of firearms because of the realistic feel and the way they operate. Two weeks ago we trained 176 Boy and Girl Scout's how to shoot,
three M-4 Colt airsoft rifles in five hours with only three adult.
AJ

bw762308
06-21-2011, 10:10 PM
I believe this is in the Assembly PS Committee. Does anyone have the votes handy?

California SB798 Assembly Safety Committee vote tally
Tom Ammiano - Chair Dem-13 NO
Steve Knight - Vice Chair Rep-36 NO
Gilbert Cedillo Dem-45 YES
Curt Hagman Rep-60 NO
Jerry Hill Dem-19 NO
Holly J. Mitchell Dem-47 YES
Nancy Skinner Dem-14 NO

From AEX

InGrAM
06-21-2011, 10:20 PM
This is a good thing. :)

puppy8a9
06-21-2011, 10:47 PM
What happened today was rare. There were preemption issues with this which is probably why it was not passed but failed and held for reconsideration. The group offered ways to amend that would be acceptable but were refused by DeLeon's office, now he will probably have to make revisions but I hope this will make this bill go away.

Today there was a very impressive group of people and I was well educated by the leaders today where they explained better to me the difference between an air gun and an air soft. I had no idea that air guns get used in hunting until today. Right now I think this is the coolest thing.

So the committee room was so packed that I and many others were not allowed in so I monitored for AB 809 (long gun reg) today instead which I was glad I did. Interesting how they tried to rush through that hearing today when they thought none of the gun lobbyists could make it. This has been the tactic all this year is to time it so gun lobbyists cannot get to both hearings. Tom and Ed were able to make it along with a few others including myself. The author ran in and straight to presentation, luckily I had a text pre-assembled for this to happen. The rush stopped when Ed and Tom came in under my panic.

We have a hell of a crew there at the capitol this year in gun lobbying and even though we are strongly opposed we have a "team" that I am really impressed with. This team work is what it takes to kick some butt. We shall not stand divided any longer.

Kathryn Lynch of Lynch and Associates lead the way to defeat SB 798 and I really do give her huge kuddos for pulling this off the way she and her team did.

It was defeated today, but held for reconsideration. So, the fight isn't over yet...

Someone said their was a picture of Deleon muzzle sweeping the rest of the committee durring the hearing. A friend of mine was with the Airsoft Safety Foundation and saw this happen. He said it was up on calguns... Also, apparently Tom Ammiano dressed him down for putting forth such a ridiculous bill. Another senator showed him the picture of the Duracoat booth from ShotShow and asked him what do we do about these real guns that are brightly colored. I wish I could've been there. :D

Swiss
06-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Skinner's my rep...if anyone can report on her outlook on this issue I'd appreciate it.

GOEX FFF
06-21-2011, 11:07 PM
What happened today was rare. There were preemption issues with this which is probably why it was not passed but failed and held for reconsideration. The group offered ways to amend that would be acceptable but were refused by DeLeon's office, now he will probably have to make revisions but I hope this will make this bill go away.

Today there was a very impressive group of people and I was well educated by the leaders today where they explained better to me the difference between an air gun and an air soft. I had no idea that air guns get used in hunting until today. Right now I think this is the coolest thing.

So the committee room was so packed that I and many others were not allowed in so I monitored for AB 809 (long gun reg) today instead which I was glad I did. Interesting how they tried to rush through that hearing today when they thought none of the gun lobbyists could make it. This has been the tactic all this year is to time it so gun lobbyists cannot get to both hearings. Tom and Ed were able to make it along with a few others including myself. The author ran in and straight to presentation, luckily I had a text pre-assembled for this to happen. The rush stopped when Ed and Tom came in under my panic.

We have a hell of a crew there at the capitol this year in gun lobbying and even though we are strongly opposed we have a "team" that I am really impressed with. This team work is what it takes to kick some butt. We shall not stand divided any longer.

Kathryn Lynch of Lynch and Associates lead the way to defeat SB 798 and I really do give her huge kuddos for pulling this off the way she and her team did.

NICE!! Thanks for your hard work too!
Gun lobbyists need to set up tents and camp out never missing out on a hearing. We see how incredibly important it is just to "show-up". :thumbsup:

I think we all need to send a letter of THANKS to the ones that opposed and defeated this nonsense bill. I'll be writing my own thank you letter in the AM.

LiquidFlorian
06-22-2011, 11:53 AM

From what it sounded like they were really trying to screw the gun rights teams by manipulating the schedule like they did. The airsofters were committed to coming up when ever it went down, and will probably be back on the 5th. I'm glad our mutual communities were able to defeat their BS games and make it to both committee meetings.

Did you speak with Sean from Spartan Imports by chance?

JDPhx501
06-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks to all those involved in the legal fight for their dedication and hardwork!

Some of us here like both real guns and airsoft! Any attack on our right to freely have these will have an effect on each other.

Wherryj
06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
good the color of air guns was not the true point of this bill. if the bill passed and became law they would then try to regulate the color of firearms so police wont get the two confused.

I think that you are missing the even bigger picture. It wasn't about color of guns at all, it is about making the toy/replica/BB guns undesirable so that the younger generation won't want them. Less exposure to firearms over a generation or two might lead to more people with an irrational fear of firearms. This could lead to more success in the future with anti-gun agenda via "denormalizing" firearms for the general population. That is how it happened in the UK.

Glock22Fan
06-22-2011, 2:10 PM
I have to admit that when I read the thread title, I thought there had been some huge natural (or terrorist) disaster, getting on for a thousand dead.

Glad it was only the bill.

LiquidFlorian
06-22-2011, 2:23 PM
I think that you are missing the even bigger picture. It wasn't about color of guns at all, it is about making the toy/replica/BB guns undesirable so that the younger generation won't want them. Less exposure to firearms over a generation or two might lead to more people with an irrational fear of firearms. This could lead to more success in the future with anti-gun agenda via "denormalizing" firearms for the general population. That is how it happened in the UK.

This was exactly the plan. Airsoft is a bit of a gateway drug for many into firearms ownership and shooting sports. Myself included.

Kinsel83
06-22-2011, 3:58 PM
Just a FYI

SB798 defeated for now.....

SB427 passed. Going to Assembly floor.

SB819 passed. Going to Appropiarions committee.

That's what I got when I called this morning.

vincnet11
06-22-2011, 4:29 PM
Is SB427 identical to AB962 in any way which prohibits online ordered ammo?

Kinsel83
06-22-2011, 4:43 PM
They are very similar. It's senator de Leon's second attempt bill. SB427 is worse I believe. Making rifle ammo illegal and demanding stores carry permits to sell ammo.

NovaTodd
06-22-2011, 9:20 PM
SB427 was ammended in the Assembly so it will have to go back to the Senate

Kinsel83
06-23-2011, 6:21 AM
These bills could possibly be defeated. We need to keep calling these senate and assembly offices. Everyday.

SB427 if and when passed, could spell the fate for a lot of gun owners. Not to mention De Leon made sure to try and specify his second attempt bill at a ammo type ban. But....SB427 STILL doesn't have enough specification in it. It's scary to me.

SB798 is just a piece of crap bill. DOJ has no right to raid our nest egg of background fee acruement. It might mean higher background fees for sure when the money is dwindled down to nothing. I'm surprised the state government itself didn't raid it.

Texas Boy
06-23-2011, 8:46 AM
What is the chance of an emergency injunction against SB427 should it pass? If I recall correctly, this bill would make possession of most rifle ammo a felony. Given the large number of people in this state who posses rifles, you are going to turn a major portion of the state into felons overnight. Seems like plenty of grounds for the courts to stop it cold in its tracks. Of course it is always better to stop the bill before it becomes law.

donw
06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
What is the chance of an emergency injunction against SB427 should it pass? If I recall correctly, this bill would make possession of most rifle ammo a felony. Given the large number of people in this state who posses rifles, you are going to turn a major portion of the state into felons overnight. Seems like plenty of grounds for the courts to stop it cold in its tracks. Of course it is always better to stop the bill before it becomes law.

remember who we're dealing with here...a legislature, one in particular, Kevin DeLeon, who doesn't care about what you and i think or believe and our legal rights...to them, it's THEIR agenda that's most important. the constitution is just a stumbling block to their pressing agenda....:mad:

they prove it time and time again...:(

Sillyguy
07-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Hey Guys

So SB 798 is going up for reconsideration on July 5th. It was already voted against a couple weeks ago, but De Leon has the right to re-amend this bill and put it up for consideration.

We need everyone's help to oppose it!

Check out the facebook page for more info:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-On-California-SB-798/220859654597216

I've been writing letters and making phone calls to our state representatives politely opposing this bill.

The phone calls literally take seconds to do.

Thanks guys for all the help and support!

Sillyguy
07-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Hey Guys

So SB 798 is going up for reconsideration on July 5th. It was already voted against a couple weeks ago, but De Leon has the right to re-amend this bill and put it up for consideration.

We need everyone's help to oppose it!

Check out the facebook page for more info:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-On-California-SB-798/220859654597216

I've been writing letters and making phone calls to our state representatives politely opposing this bill.

The phone calls literally take seconds to do.

Thanks guys for all the help and support!

aklon
07-01-2011, 8:26 AM
On Thursday DeLeon pulled a "gut and amend" on SB798. Now it does away with state pre-emption in matters of regulating "imitation" firearms. In other words, he can't get the state to regulate these things, so he's going to leave it up to cities and counties.

The danger here is that doing away with this small sliver of state perogatives sets a precedent: today the cities and counties regulate imitation firearms; tomorrow they get to regulate the real thing.

Wherryj
07-01-2011, 8:40 AM

Airsoft GI is stating that DeLeon has already started a minor rewording of the bill in an attempt to reintroduce it. We all know how he likes to just keep throwing is *Censored* at the wall until something sticks.

(Feel free to insert "bills" into the blank above. In DeLeon's case, the two are synonymous.)

SupportGeek
07-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Most rifle ammunition can penetrate metal, which is a defining characteristic of illegal ammunition in SB427.

Pretty sure ALL rifle ammo can penetrate metal. Even a 22LR will blow clear through a fridge (both sides) easily and that's just a rimfire, I dont think there is a centerfire cartridge weaker than that.

IGOTDIRT4U
07-01-2011, 11:51 AM
And aluminum foil is also metal.

You two guys with the last posts just presented the plaintiffs with all the elements of the potential future lawsuit/injunction. Vagueness at it's best.

wjc
07-01-2011, 2:12 PM
emails sent.

stitchnicklas
07-01-2011, 2:20 PM
:shrug:

stitchnicklas
07-01-2011, 2:26 PM
the ammo bill would deny all rifle owners of ammunition thereby violating 2A rights

wjc
07-01-2011, 2:27 PM
I sent separate emails for SB798 and SB124. I'm tired of these bills.

cmichini
07-01-2011, 2:30 PM

CALSOFT?

CALSOFT - the newest addition to the state penile code.

Librarian
07-01-2011, 2:42 PM
798 is a problem. I stickied the 798 post http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=451046

But De Leon was granted reconsideration to allow him to amend SB 798 to address the federal preemption issues. Rather than address the federal preemption issues, however, in a move three-card monte dealers would envy, Senator De Leon instead amended SB 798 to repeal California section 53071.5, the state law preempting regulation of BB and airguns by California localities. Of course, even if this new amended version of De Leon’s bill passed, local regulations would still be subject to the same federal preemption issues which Senator De Leon has ignored all along.

124 is a BIG problem - be sure to get on that one.

Assembly Public Safety is the place to be ...

I stickied the 124 post http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=451012

specialDFX
07-01-2011, 2:44 PM
Can someone please quote or point to where SB427 makes possession of rifle ammo a felony?

I believe I have read the bill in its entirety.

Librarian
07-01-2011, 2:50 PM
Can someone please quote or point to where SB427 makes possession of rifle ammo a felony?

I believe I have read the bill in its entirety.

Has anyone said that 427 does that?

It's 124 (http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0101-0150/sb_124_bill_20110425_amended_sen_v98.html) that creates a problem for rifle ammo, by sloppy definition of 'armor piercing' and including rifle ammunition as handgun ammunition.

specialDFX
07-01-2011, 3:09 PM
Has anyone said that 427 does that?

It's 124 (http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0101-0150/sb_124_bill_20110425_amended_sen_v98.html) that creates a problem for rifle ammo, by sloppy definition of 'armor piercing' and including rifle ammunition as handgun ammunition.

It was stated numerous times in the thread that this one replaced - or was deleted, whichever the case.

Thanks for the clarification.

CMonfort
07-01-2011, 3:33 PM
It was stated numerous times in the thread that this one replaced - or was deleted, whichever the case.

Thanks for the clarification.

See the stickied threads re 124, 427, and 798 for the current status of these bills, what they really do, and the best way you (and others) can help. Cheers.

Patriot Man
07-01-2011, 3:36 PM
Dear Californians,

Please do not sit back and wait for others to fight for your right. De Leon has been moving the dates of the hearing to slow down our momentum. We need all Californians to call.

Do not become De Leon's political causality as his intention is to help himself up the political ladder. Please, be polite when we call, express your opinion before its too late.

Other Airsofters are doing great calling in opposing SB798, All CA Gun owners should call and oppose this senseless bill, before De Leon limits more of our 2nd Amendment, our right to bear arms!

Below are the numbers of the assembly members that every Californian should call:

The office of:
Senator Kevin De Leon - (916) 651-4022

Assembly Member Tom Ammiano - (916) 319 - 2013

Assembly Member Steve Knight - (916) 319 - 2036

Assembly Member Gilbert Cedillo - (916) 319 - 2045

Assembly Member Curt Hagman - (916) 319- 2060

Assembly Member Jerry Hill - (916) 319 - 2019

Assembly Member Holly Mitchell - (916) 319 - 2047

Assembly Member Nancy Skinner - (916) 319 - 2014

Thank you for your supports!

Just sent 21 emails to all relevant Assembly persons via Pyramid Air from link on this thread. Now time to make calls. Thanks for these #'s. It's all about incrementalism- strips rights one little bit at a time. We must vigorousy fight every battle! :)