View Full Version : DPMS-less AR308 build getting closer to being finished *pic*

hella agg
06-30-2011, 7:56 PM
Hey all,

Not sure if you remember, but I made a thread a great while back (3-4 months?) about which receiver set to pick- Mega or JD Machine. Anyway, I went with Mega Machine's MA-TEN, and I couldn't be happier. I have all the parts together and I've built the complete rifle without using a single DPMS part.

The upper was built, coated and spec'd out by kendog4570, a fellow calgunner. Everthing is excellent and I suggest you guys go to him for your local gunsmithing needs. Almost all the parts were purchased through Ty at http://www.midwestpx.com, a Calguns supporting vendor.

Here's some eye candy as a teaser for now, until I get everything together.

Just a quick picture literally minutes after kendog4570 came and dropped it off in person.

Build as pictured is as follows:

Mega MA-TEN receiver set
Armalite AR10 BCG
Noveske 21" Fluted 7.62mm barrel
-coated by kendog4570
SJC Titan .308 Comp
-coated by kendog4570
Troy 13.8" TRX-308 hand guard
Noveske AR10 rifle length gas tube
Magpul PRS .308 stock
Armalite AR10 rifle extension, buffer and spring

Daniel Defense LPK
Phase 5 Tactical bolt catch
Armalite AR10 magazine catch
Raddlock Bullet Button
Ergo Tactical grip w/ palm shelf
Geissele SSA-E trigger
"Stubby" Magpul PMAGs from http://www.midwestpx.com

SWFA SS 5-20x50 HD scope is on the way, as well as scope mount (American Defense) and Atlas Bipod

Special thanks to Ken (kendog4570) for all of the gunsmithing work. Couldn't ask for anything better. As well as Ty @ http://www.midwestpx.com for supplying almost all the parts to this build.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated for profit with kendog4570 or Ty @ MidwestPX, just extremely satisfied with their work, products and services enough to post about them and give them my continued business.

06-30-2011, 8:12 PM
Looking good!

06-30-2011, 8:25 PM
what kind of a muzzle device is that?

hella agg
06-30-2011, 8:52 PM
SJC Titan .308

06-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Its prob crazy heavy huh? I really dig it tho. I LOVE my Ma-Ten, a plus side if you ever have issues or questions on mega stuff they have some of the bestestest customer service I have ever gotten from anyone. (not that JD doesn't)

Have fun with that thing. Choose your optics wisely, I already want to upgrade haha.

06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Very nice!!!

hella agg
07-01-2011, 1:57 PM
I think I'll be pretty good with the SWFA SS 5-20x50 HD. Still waiting on my scope to ship, though.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll take proper pictures of the rig when I get it mostly together.

And yup, it's pretty damn heavy. Not bad at the bench, though.

07-01-2011, 2:00 PM
Need break in help!

07-01-2011, 2:06 PM
I had the Titan brake on a previous rifle. They work Extremely well.

hella agg
07-01-2011, 2:07 PM
I'll let you know! ;)

I should be able to get the lower completely assembled this weekend, and I'll function test everything. Better pics will be posted! :D

If anybody is looking for help on the LR-308 platform or is confused with anything, feel free to PM me. I feel like I need to distribute all this knowledge I've accumulated.

I had the Titan brake on a previous rifle. They work Extremely well.

Good to hear! I did a fair amount of research on brakes/compensators. It was between the Titan or the JP Bennie Cooley. Heard more positive reviews with the Titan. I'll let you guys know how it shoots once my scope comes in.