PDA

View Full Version : Limbersaver recoil pad for 870

akjunkie
06-30-2011, 7:21 PM
I'm interested in a limbsaver for my 870 Wingmaster.

The limbersaver suppose to be pre fitted for the 870 buttstock but i also hear there are several variations on the size/shape of the buttstock?

my WM is circa mid 60s. w/ a wood stock.

anybody know exactly which model I need to get?

also is the Limbsaver the softest recoil pad available?

aippi
06-30-2011, 9:05 PM
Your search may be a nightmare. Stocks are vendor parts and different stocks may have had different pads.

There is a pad made by Remington that is for the wood stocks. I think there is a good chance this will fit. the good news is that it is only $19. It is the New Remington Supercell pad that replaced the one Limbsaver made for Remington. The one you would want is part number 306497. It is soft and gets good reviews. It is worth a try as Remington ensured vendors stayed somewhat consistant with the demensions of the wood stocks over the years. So simply call 800-423-9700 and follow the prompts to order parts.

Dozen Gauge
06-30-2011, 9:35 PM
You can use this pdf file from Limbsaver to help you find the proper fit:

http://limbsaverproducts.com/svl-templates/LS_templates.pdf

BigDogatPlay
07-01-2011, 2:58 PM
An older stock, such as 1980's or before vintage, I'd likely go with a grind to fit pad rather than a pre-fit in a Limbsaver. I had a helluva time finding a pre-fit for an early 1980's vintage Mosberg 500 with OEM wood. Eventually gave up and went with a grind to fit.

Thanks, as usual, JD for a good tip.

Barbarossa
07-01-2011, 3:16 PM
[QUOTE=akjunkie;6689562]
/QUOTE]

Is it one of the nice walnut stocks? :(

aippi
07-01-2011, 3:55 PM
thanks for the templates Gauge. Now that the R3 is history I will have start using the Limbsavers. I would not have thought to look for anything like that so you have made life a little easier.

Dozen Gauge
07-01-2011, 4:18 PM
come on JD, it's gotta make life more than a "little easier".

aippi
07-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Easy is a relative term. Finding the right Supercell was a night mare. You call and tell the cubical clowns which stock you need it for and end up with a dozen or so pads that fit nothing. Not being the sharpest knife in the draw it took me some time to realize to order one pad, try it then order more. So after wasting money on pads that I still don't know what they fit I have a large stock of Supercell pads for the 14" Lop synthetics and 13" LOP stocks. No thanks to the parts people at Remington but more to trial and error.

The templates I down loaded that you posted will save me that headache for ordering Limbsaver pads.

L84CABO
07-03-2011, 9:02 PM
I'm interested in a limbsaver for my 870 Wingmaster.

The limbersaver suppose to be pre fitted for the 870 buttstock but i also hear there are several variations on the size/shape of the buttstock?

anybody know exactly which model I need to get?

also is the Limbsaver the softest recoil pad available?

Check here:

http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/products/firearms/cross_reference.php

If that doesn't work there's a phone number and email link. I would think they could help you.

Peace

akjunkie
07-04-2011, 5:28 PM
Well, took the buttpad off today and tried to match it to one of the Limbsaver templates.
None of them match. Probably take my Wingmaster to a smith and have a butt pad "grind fitted" to my stock.

evidens83
07-04-2011, 6:01 PM
Glad this question came up. I want a Limbsaver for my 870 Express but I dont want to make it any longer than it is. Is the Limbsaver what I need? Anybody with the correct part #?

Sanderhawk
07-04-2011, 6:01 PM
I just took my 870 to Turners and they let me take it over to the limbsaver display and try out a bunch of them. I ended up with the 870 sleeve the specific limbsaver for the 870 wouldn`t fit my buttstock. The sleeve works well and doesn`t look bad at all.