PDA

View Full Version : Colt or Noveske?

Maddog5150
06-29-2011, 5:08 PM
Which one is better and why? Trying to decide which upper to get and I want to get a nice DI upper.

ERdept
06-29-2011, 5:43 PM
I did the same research and concluded Noveske. Merely due to the metal used and the finish of the product. Plus the emblem used and imprinted on the final product is, well..............Priceless. A form of Iron Cross with radiused edges in the design, similar to the Nazi Iron cross, but not the same.

HK Dave
06-29-2011, 6:17 PM
Noveske > Colt

Maddog5150
06-29-2011, 6:18 PM
Noveske > Colt

thanks for the huge insight and well articulated response to support that fact.
Why though?

Mute
06-29-2011, 6:20 PM
I would pick the one that comes closest to what you want. I own both and I would not hesitate to buy either one again.

dieselpower
06-29-2011, 6:24 PM
which is better...ford or chevy...toyota or honda...honda or ford.....

how about we back down on the troll threads and focus on reality based questions.

what is the end use? how often are you shooting? what are you shooting...search youtube for "every question on a gun forum" for the proper answers.... and don't post the vid here...its not allowed not even a cold link.

Maddog5150
06-29-2011, 6:44 PM

how about we back down on the troll threads and focus on reality based questions.

what is the end use? how often are you shooting? what are you shooting...search youtube for "every question on a gun forum" for the proper answers.... and don't post the vid here...its not allowed not even a cold link.

Yeah I know that but there are differences in quality in brands. Obviously if I posted, "which is a better upper, del ton or noveske" there are obvious reasons behind it.
Any yes I've already seen the cartoon. Its funny, you can have almost naked women here, videos of LEO's getting killed in the line of duty but not cartoons with bad language.

dieselpower
06-29-2011, 6:49 PM
sorry, you either avoided my question because you are trolling, or don't understand your own OP.

I will answer your OP.

The Colt is better because it is a .44 and the Nov is a .22lr. Since you are an action cowboy shooters, you need the Colt to get a period correct firearm.

Hope this helps. You should ask a mod to move this thread out of the centerfire rifles section since you are not dealing with them. Thanks.

docsmileyface
06-29-2011, 7:14 PM
Go LMT and save a couple hundred bucks.

SanPedroShooter
06-29-2011, 7:29 PM
He he, I just opened my box from LMT about two minutes ago...

This thing is bad. It looks like it can take some serious usage.

As some in this thread have pointed out, all of these brands are making a very similar product. I ditched the labels and went after the features I was looking for, or rather, the features that the people that use and extensively test these guns are looking for. Since I am unlikley to run my gear as hard as they do, I will take their word.

Also, most of the guns I own are or were used by the military in some form or another, I wanted something that could sit next to a gun like my Garand. Personally, guns are more than tools for me, I like a good story...

I found what I wanted in a few different brands. Then I went a little a deeper and checked into their history, how they treat customers Mil, LE and Private Citizens. Who owns the company? Who do they sell to? Does it seem like they might happily cut off all sales to Civilians if the Gov asked them to? How comitted are they to our Second Amendment?

I went with LMT. But that doesnt answer your question, sorry.

Maddog5150
06-29-2011, 7:30 PM
sorry, you either avoided my question because you are trolling, or don't understand your own OP.

I will answer your OP.

The Colt is better because it is a .44 and the Nov is a .22lr. Since you are an action cowboy shooters, you need the Colt to get a period correct firearm.

Hope this helps. You should ask a mod to move this thread out of the centerfire rifles section since you are not dealing with them. Thanks.

Right, whos the one trolling :rolleyes:
Simple question turns to a smart *** remark :thumbsup:

vintagearms
06-29-2011, 7:31 PM
.search youtube for "every question on a gun forum" for the proper answers.... and don't post the vid here...its not allowed not even a cold link.

"i can't. Its cordless":smilielol5::smilielol5:

Maddog5150
06-29-2011, 7:32 PM
He he, I just opened my box from LMT about two minutes ago...

This thing is bad. It looks like it can take some serious usage.

As some in this thread have pointed out, all of these brands are making a very similar product. I ditched the labels and went after the features I was looking for, or rather, the features that the people that use and extensively test these guns are looking for. Since I am unlikley to run my gear as hard as they do, I will take their word.

Also, most of the guns I own are or were used by the military in some form or another, I wanted something that could sit next to a gun like my Garand. Personally, guns are more than tools for me, I like a good story...

I found what I wanted in a few different brands. Then I went a little a deeper and checked into their history, how they treat customers Mil, LE and Private Citizens.

I went with LMT. But that doesnt answer your question, sorry.

Naw it kinda does. Doc has been telling me about LMT for a little bit now. Seems that I more than likely cant go wrong with them so they are something I will definately look into. Thanks

SanPedroShooter
06-29-2011, 7:34 PM
When I dont know, I ask those who do. I havent been steered wrong yet.

Knife Edge
06-29-2011, 8:05 PM

Thanks! The videos were over the top.

Rattlesnake6.8
07-09-2011, 7:46 PM
Noveske.. Its the Ferrari of AR15 as Colt is like a corvette.

CK_32
07-09-2011, 8:03 PM
I cant believe this is an actual question...

Noveske FTW!!!!!

All day everyday.

The true question would be LWRC or noveske... Thats a tough on in my book.. but either way too much for my pay check.

Harley
07-09-2011, 8:22 PM
Noveske.....

Dhena81
07-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Noveske is a Colt clone not to mention you could put a T-1 on top and be out about the same. It depends though if you want a SS barrel one thing I don't like about Noveske though is their handgaurds their to fat but that's just my opinion. Noveske's claim to fame is their barrels are excellent just about everything else is outsourced from my understanding.

I'd look into LMT, Colt, DD, or a KAC upper. If you go KAC I'd put it on a billet ambi lower like a spikes with a Sopmod, BAD-*** selector, KNS pins, and a LWRC lower parts kit it wouldn't be cheap probably cheaper than Noveske if purchased online. Another thing to think about is Noveske is about to change their lowers to new billet lowers with flared mag wells if that matters to you just a heads up.

BigNick
07-10-2011, 1:29 AM
I'm sold on noveske. I am now a believer. They just flat out shoot, accurate as hell.

locosway
07-10-2011, 1:48 AM
Noveske has the better barrel, but the rest of the rifle is the same for the most part. I actually really like my LMT, even if it doesn't have that super trick barrel that Noveske is running around with. Also, everyone who shoots my LMT raves about it, so I guess they're doing something right.

NHP1127
07-10-2011, 9:19 AM
No AR brand has been better field proven than Colt.... that is important to some. Personally, I think its splitting hairs between all the top quality AR's. Ford / Chevy.

cmace22
07-10-2011, 11:39 AM
As a "tool" which they are and should be, any quality AR will be the same as the next. If you are concerned with fit and finish which have little to no impact on how the tool functions then Id start a thread with that in the title.

Id have a very hard time paying for a Noveske. Id Buy a Colt if I could get a 6920. I own LMT's because they have the features, history and reputation that I want and are inline with my pocket book.

For 99% of people Stag, DD, LMT, Noveske, Colt, on and on and on will fit your needs. It come down to what name and roll mark you want on the side of your rifle.

Now if you are a long range/competitive shooter/Run and gunner things change a bit.

tiger222
07-10-2011, 12:58 PM
If DI - CHF /CL bbl midlength gas tube. If gas piston ADCOR bear shows promise
Of the two you listed Colt - only colt has the TDP, the only colts I have are rifles, only my 9mm is a carbine - that said the 6940 should serve you well. To the poster who was idolizing the Nazi cross - ask some Germans what they thought of the war- it was horrific, no glory there, only insanity and pain. All those guys thinking they are bad sporting that symbol are clueless morons.

Mr. Blonde
07-10-2011, 4:53 PM
Noveske w/o a doubt. Better quality parts designed to their specs. Probably the most accurate AR's on the market.

Colt-45
07-10-2011, 4:55 PM
Right, whos the one trolling :rolleyes:
Simple question turns to a smart *** remark :thumbsup:

Op, ignore Dieselpower. He likes to troll every time he see's a thread where Noveske is discussed.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=449421&highlight=Noveske&page=2

Now back to your question, I'd go with Noveske BUT buy all the parts and build it yourself. There seems to be a $500-$600 dollar fee added into the cost of the gun for their magical hands to assemble the gun.

I say this because if you buy the same exact Noveske parts and build it yourself you end up saving $500-$600 dollars. I'm faithful to Colt 1911's but not when it comes to AR's. When it comes to AR's I prefer to go with Noveske and LWRC rifles.

The only thing you won't find is a Noveske brand lower parts kit. Noveske contracts the lower parts to different companies among them CMT(who makes stag) and not all of the lower parts come from the same company. Use a Daniel Defense lower parts kit or an LWRC lower parts kit and you're up to par(or maybe even above) in terms of quality.

ZX-10R
07-10-2011, 7:16 PM
Both are great quality but it is the same with Colt versus SA in 1911s...In that route, I would take a Colt everyday due to name, resell, and quality that would be almost similar. I would like a Colt AR but it seems they are tough to get. When I was in WA I wanted a Colt...I have a DD and like it but Colt is Colt.

-hanko
07-10-2011, 7:29 PM
I did the same research and concluded Noveske. Plus the emblem used and imprinted on the final product is, well..............Priceless. A form of Iron Cross with radiused edges in the design, similar to the Nazi Iron cross, but not the same.
Priceless?? WTF:eek:

I lost my great grandparents thanks to murder by the Nazi's. Not to mention the murder of a few million people simply because of their religious beliefs.

You think that's priceless??

I thought the only Arian/Nazi/ARSEHOLES still around were in prison...my bad;).

Tiger222, I appreciate your thoughts...All those guys thinking they are bad sporting that symbol are clueless morons. Even clueless morons would be offended by cretins who idolize the Iron Cross...though I realize it did exist before the rise of the Nazi party.

-hanko

Colt-45
07-11-2011, 5:21 PM
So Noveske sucks now because somehow =Nazi?

Great logic.:rolleyes:

-hanko
07-11-2011, 5:55 PM
So Noveske sucks now because somehow =Nazi?

Great logic.:rolleyes:
Nope. Re-read my post. PM me if you're still wondering.

-hanko

Colt-45
07-11-2011, 6:12 PM
This thread has nothing to do with Nazi's.

patriot_man
07-11-2011, 6:33 PM
It all depends on what you're using your rifle for. A Noveske comes in mind when going for accurate shots while a Colt comes in mind when thinking of a durable and long lasting rifle ready for a fight.

A Colt is an excellent choice if you don't need the accuracy of a Noveske. Don't get me wrong but a Colt is an accurate rifle but not quite so as a Noveske.

HK Dave
07-11-2011, 6:50 PM
thanks for the huge insight and well articulated response to support that fact.
Why though?

Noveske does everything the Colt does and is everything that a Colt is, except it has a more accurate barrel.

Not only is the Noveske more accurate, the barrel has double thickness chrome lining, my guess is it'll outlast the Colt.

There's a reason Noveske costs more than a Colt.

If they were the same price, I'd buy Noveske every time. Since the Noveske is generally more expensive hmm... I'd get a Larue. ;)