PDA

View Full Version : The EFFIN-A Compensator

Ares Armor
06-29-2011, 3:28 PM
To the CalGuns mods. Sorry about the strong language earlier. We won't post a video with cussing in it again.
Music added and volume tweaked to cover up any bad language

This is a demo of the EFFIN-A Compensator

2u76uDvAkYM

NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER http://www.aresarmor.com/install/ecom-prodshow/AA-EFFIN-AC556.html

-Warning-
Features in this product are well documented and we are already involved in the patent process.

RONIN.
06-29-2011, 3:38 PM
do you guys have any idea of what the cost will be??

ronin.

p.s. your sling still has not missed a beat, even here in the sandbox..

Ares Armor
06-29-2011, 3:42 PM
do you guys have any idea of what the cost will be??

ronin.

p.s. your sling still has not missed a beat, even here in the sandbox..

Our goal is an end retail price of 99.95 as of right now it looks like we will be able to meet that.

PaperPuncher
06-29-2011, 3:46 PM
Definitely interested in this comp. Very nice. Are they shooting factory ammo as well?

mlevans66
06-29-2011, 3:51 PM
I saw it in person today. The terrorist looking guy ( mideastern looking terrorist, not the domestic one, he was busty packing);) showed us the comp and some of the things it can do. Even had one on a rifle to show off. Very impressed with the future prospects of it. :thumbsup:

crob
06-29-2011, 3:53 PM
Will it be available in black as well?

Ares Armor
06-29-2011, 3:53 PM
Definitely interested in this comp. Very nice. Are they shooting factory ammo as well?

one was shooting steel core the other was shooting match grade. both were factory.

Ares Armor
06-29-2011, 3:55 PM
Will it be available in black as well?

Yes. First run will be 100 in Black and 25 in Stainless. The First Run will also be numbered as such. IE (1st Run 1 of 25) marked on the bottom of the comp.

mlevans66
06-29-2011, 3:57 PM
Yes. First run will be 100 in Black and 25 in Stainless. The First Run will also be numbered as such. IE (1st Run 1 of 25) marked on the bottom of the comp.

I'm getting one of each. Collectors item! :cool:

Untamed1972
06-29-2011, 3:59 PM
Hey! I know the range in that video :eek:

Nate87
06-29-2011, 3:59 PM
any plans for a 7.62/308 version?

triggs75
06-29-2011, 4:01 PM
Gonna be in .308 as well. yeah yeah yeah

chad

crob
06-29-2011, 4:01 PM

Thank You. Any idea when pre-order will be available? Really interested in this product...

tommyid1
06-29-2011, 4:04 PM
What's the weight of the device in 556 and 762? Can we get on a pre-preorder list now lol?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ares Armor
06-29-2011, 4:07 PM
Thank You. Any idea when pre-order will be available? Really interested in this product...

Most likely next week

MasterYong
06-29-2011, 4:16 PM
Holes facing down?

So no prone shooting (well, not in a dusty area).

Oh well.

Ares Armor
06-29-2011, 4:18 PM
Holes facing down?

So no prone shooting (well, not in a dusty area).

Oh well.

Those Holes can be closed.

Vandal.
06-29-2011, 4:21 PM
Our goal is an end retail price of 99.95 as of right now it looks like we will be able to meet that.

hmmm...

Ares Armor
06-29-2011, 4:24 PM
What's the weight of the device in 556 and 762? Can we get on a pre-preorder list now lol?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Pre-Orders will be soon I promise!

no 7.62 for now but that is already in the works.

The weight depends on how you set it up. Single Comp no cap is about 3.5 oz with cap 5oz, 2 stacked on top of each other is 8.5 with cap, a 3 stacker is 12 oz.

I guess i should have mentioned that earlier. These can be threaded onto one another to expand out the gas system and further tune it to the rifle.

All the open ports can be either open or closed. The entire thing is Tunable.

jcaoloveshine
06-29-2011, 5:21 PM
What's the widest barrel diameter you will offer? I have a 0.920 stainless bull barrel 20" 556 upper, so my brake choice is pretty limited.

PyroFox79
06-29-2011, 6:21 PM
Would this be Kosher for a featureless rifle? If so I really want it.

SanPedroShooter
06-29-2011, 6:28 PM
I clicked on the link for the foul language, but I didnt hear any... I am dissapointed.

But that's a sweet comp! Pretty good price too.

MasterYong
06-29-2011, 6:33 PM

Well THAT is fan-effing-tastic!

You now have my attention. Will have to catch up on this thread to learn more...

Arnelcheeze
06-29-2011, 7:11 PM
how is the pressure wave?

BANG BANG
06-29-2011, 9:48 PM
Tag for when the pre-order is ready! Is this marketed as a comp only? This will be going on a featureless build

thrillhouse700
06-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes how is the side blast :)

Jeffu
06-30-2011, 2:51 AM
Goodjob Aaron & Dmitri

Ares Armor
06-30-2011, 8:56 PM
I clicked on the link for the foul language, but I didnt hear any... I am dissapointed.

But that's a sweet comp! Pretty good price too.

We will do our best to swear louder next time ;)

Tag for when the pre-order is ready! Is this marketed as a comp only? This will be going on a featureless build

This will be marketed as a Comp and nothing else.

Yes how is the side blast :)

The side blast changes depending on how you have it configured.

SanPedroShooter
06-30-2011, 9:01 PM

How does that work? Is it a permanant factory mod? Our something you can do after you buy it?

santacruzstefan
06-30-2011, 9:09 PM
This sounds very interesting, tag for description of how it works/ release date. Might have to hold off on the Battlecomp I was considering...

Can you post pics of it disassembled?

pc_load_letter
06-30-2011, 9:24 PM
Looks good!! Glad I didn't go ahead with the Griffin or Batlecomp purchase for my new LWRCI.

Count me in for a pre-order. I am in San Diego so I can pick up.

MP

mspiredm3
06-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Subscribed, this looks promising!

thrillhouse700
07-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm impressed, you guys are pumping out new products so quickly. Even cooler OC armory carries your stuff and they are super close to me. Keep up the good work fellas.

NYY
07-01-2011, 12:17 AM
I saw it in person today. The terrorist looking guy ( mideastern looking terrorist, not the domestic one, he was busty packing);) showed us the comp and some of the things it can do. Even had one on a rifle to show off. Very impressed with the future prospects of it. :thumbsup:

So what exactly are the "things it can do" ?

762.DEFENSE
07-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Put me down for one when they come out. :D

Ares Armor
07-01-2011, 3:35 AM
How does that work? Is it a permanant factory mod? Our something you can do after you buy it?

It is user configurable.

Ares Armor
07-01-2011, 3:41 AM
So what exactly are the "things it can do" ?

depends on how clever you are ;)

they can be stacked on top of each other to lengthen the gas dispersion, and all the ports can be stopped individually to tune it to your rifle.

They can also be used in conjunction with other comps that thread on

247Nino
07-01-2011, 6:13 AM
very nice, looks like it works well and it will be hard to not buy one if you keep it at that price

KaLiFORNIA
07-01-2011, 8:44 AM
I'll take one for your quoted price

Maddog5150
07-01-2011, 11:20 AM
How is the raport with these comps? Are they more or less as loud as an A2?

Outta Control
07-01-2011, 11:27 AM
How about weight since you are stacking.

tomd1584
07-01-2011, 12:06 PM
is it long enough to be pinned to a 14.5"?

Poppy83
07-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm in the middle of a build and haven't decided on a compensator yet. Get these things out the door! At that price, I'll be seriously looking at them to purchase.

PEBKAC
07-01-2011, 12:20 PM
The weight depends on how you set it up. Single Comp no cap is about 3.5 oz with cap 5oz, 2 stacked on top of each other is 8.5 with cap, a 3 stacker is 12 oz.

I guess i should have mentioned that earlier. These can be threaded onto one another to expand out the gas system and further tune it to the rifle.

:eek:

This description is tempting me to do something utterly ridiculous with several of these. :D

Very interesting design. I'll definitely take a look at these for a future build.

NorCalAthlete
07-01-2011, 12:25 PM

+1....if so, buh-bye Noveske firepig, hellooooooo Ares!

Ares Armor
07-01-2011, 12:25 PM
How is the raport with these comps? Are they more or less as loud as an A2?

With All the ports open they are louder than the A2 but this can be mitigated by playing with the ports.

tomd1584
07-01-2011, 12:56 PM
+1....if so, buh-bye Noveske firepig, hellooooooo Ares!

a KX3 has nooo business on a 14.5" barrel to begin with!

NYY
07-01-2011, 1:22 PM
count me in for one! pre-order for sure right here

Ares Armor
07-01-2011, 4:28 PM

Yes a single one by itself will bring you to within legal limits.

Ares Armor
07-01-2011, 7:45 PM
This should help explain things a little better :)

http://www.aresarmor.com/images/stories/EFFIN-A%20COMP2.jpg
(http://www.aresarmor.com/)
http://www.aresarmor.com/images/stories/EFFIN-A%20COMP1.jpg (http://www.aresarmor.com/)

L4D
07-01-2011, 7:47 PM
whoa. So each hole is threaded?

darkgrue
07-01-2011, 9:53 PM
Very innovative. [When pre-orders open] I'm in for one!

EvoXRiley
07-01-2011, 10:00 PM
looks awesome im in!

may I ask what range that is?

Droppin Deuces
07-01-2011, 10:08 PM
looks awesome im in!

may I ask what range that is?

It's a private range.

cortayack
07-01-2011, 10:16 PM
I would be interested in a 7.62......Very nice!

$P-Ritch$
07-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Very interesting, I could possibly be able to order one of the first run batch. Will know more in a few days.

Congrats on your guys' innovation on making a new featured compensator. As opposed to taking a known concept and just putting your own wrapping on it. Another +1 to all those CA based companies making all kinds of cool gun stuff.

evidens83
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
NICE! Very interested. Watch out BCE looks like you guys have some competition ;)

NorCalAthlete
07-02-2011, 3:23 AM
a KX3 has nooo business on a 14.5" barrel to begin with!

What makes you say that? I'm curious because Sac Black Rifle was the shop that built my AR and that's what they put on it to bring it within legal limits.

count me in for one! pre-order for sure right here

+1. I'm very interested.

$P-Ritch$
07-02-2011, 7:57 AM
What makes you say that? I'm curious because Sac Black Rifle was the shop that built my AR and that's what they put on it to bring it within legal limits.

My understanding is that the KX3 was designed to help SBRs run better by increasing back pressure to help cycle the weapon system. Full size ARs do not need this extra back pressure to operate. Also, the KX3 is right at a half pound. So, it's a lot of unnecessary extra weight way out in front of the rifle. Lots of people put them on their 14.5"+ barrels just because they like the way it looks. If you going from an operational standpoint, like the previous poster stated, it does not belong there.

Merc1138
07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Ares Armor, are those inserts for the ports threaded? Looks like they would be, there's no issues with them coming loose and turning into a projectile? The reason why I ask, is because based on the 3d model shown, it seems like an extremely simple concept and I'm surprised no one else has implemented something like that before.

UserM4
07-02-2011, 12:41 PM
How much does it weigh and hurry the hell up! :p

$P-Ritch$
07-02-2011, 2:30 PM
People keep asking about the weight, this was answered in post #19 quite thoroughly.

Pre-Orders will be soon I promise!

no 7.62 for now but that is already in the works.

sreiter
07-02-2011, 2:45 PM
Ares Armor, are those inserts for the ports threaded? Looks like they would be, there's no issues with them coming loose and turning into a projectile? The reason why I ask, is because based on the 3d model shown, it seems like an extremely simple concept and I'm surprised no one else has implemented something like that before.

loctite

FourLoko
07-02-2011, 2:54 PM
still need to get a hold of one of your slings

and I want to shoot where you're shooting? did anyone ask that yet?

jak77
07-02-2011, 3:19 PM
Wow that comp looks awesome! Tagged for preorder details

Ares Armor
07-02-2011, 3:23 PM

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci

It was the most obvious solution to what we were trying to accomplish. I was actually somewhat surprised that it hadn't been used before as well.

On this topic though.

-Warning-
Features in this product are well documented and we are already involved in the patent process.

Peter W Bush
07-02-2011, 5:03 PM
......WOW! I want a stainless one asap!!!

coma13
07-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm sure the original designers already thought of this, but it would be simple enough just not to tap threads all the way in to eliminate the possibility of a grub screw loosening up and rotating into the flight path of a projectile.

locosway
07-02-2011, 10:45 PM
So it's a BattleComp with adjustable ports?

Ares Armor
07-03-2011, 2:07 AM
So it's a BattleComp with adjustable ports?

If BattleComp invented Compensator then yes. Other than that they are in the same Genre of Products and completely different.

Other than having a closed front. (a very common feature in Comps) there is absolutely nothing else that is similar to the battle comp in design.

And as far as BattleComp's design goes... The Russians got to it just a little bit before they did.

1946 Soviet tank IS-7...
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/800px-IS-7.jpg

Ares Armor
07-03-2011, 2:08 AM
I'm sure the original designers already thought of this, but it would be simple enough just not to tap threads all the way in to eliminate the possibility of a grub screw loosening up and rotating into the flight path of a projectile.

This feature is already included.

locosway
07-03-2011, 2:15 AM
If BattleComp invented Compensator then yes. Other than that they are in the same Genre of Products and completely different.

Other than having a closed front. (a very common feature in Comps) there is absolutely nothing else that is similar to the battle comp in design.

And as far as BattleComp's design goes... The Russians got to it just a little bit before they did.

Defensive much?

From what I see, the two products are very similar. Both have ports around the circumference of the device. Both have a closed front. The difference being the BattleComp has a closed bottom while the EFFIN-A has an open bottom, but is adjustable via the set screws or w/e they are.

It's cool that it's adjustable, it just looks similar to a BattleComp and appears to do the same thing. There's no need to claim BattleComp didn't invent their product or anything, I never made any claims that they were the first people to use that design.

Crowesnest
07-03-2011, 8:20 AM
Any noticeable effects on felt recoil?

coma13
07-03-2011, 9:53 AM
This feature is already included.

I figured it would be! You guys continue to impress me with the stuff you come out with. I've still got to grab one of those RAD Packs.

PS: I'm a Fallbrook boy, born and raised. Good to see someone from close to home.

Ares Armor
07-03-2011, 1:10 PM
Defensive much?

From what I see, the two products are very similar. Both have ports around the circumference of the device. Both have a closed front. The difference being the BattleComp has a closed bottom while the EFFIN-A has an open bottom, but is adjustable via the set screws or w/e they are.

It's cool that it's adjustable, it just looks similar to a BattleComp and appears to do the same thing. There's no need to claim BattleComp didn't invent their product or anything, I never made any claims that they were the first people to use that design.

Sorry for the defensive reaction to that question. We think our product is very different and independent of theirs. We are putting something out that no one has done yet.

BattleComp has a huge fan base and that's great for them. We have ran into a few guys on other forums that were accusing us of ripping them off. Thus the reaction. Again I apologize for the assumption.

We really are not looking to be compared to just their product. We would like this to be compared to ALL Comps out there.

locosway
07-03-2011, 5:50 PM
Sorry for the defensive reaction to that question. We think our product is very different and independent of theirs. We are putting something out that no one has done yet.

BattleComp has a huge fan base and that's great for them. We have ran into a few guys on other forums that were accusing us of ripping them off. Thus the reaction. Again I apologize for the assumption.

We really are not looking to be compared to just their product. We would like this to be compared to ALL Comps out there.

Outside of the KAC Tripple Tap the BattleComp seems to be the best comp on the market. Your design seems to be very similar to theirs from the pictures I've seen, thus my question on how it was different/similar. I just installed a BattleComp on my AR yesterday and noticed a huge difference. So if your product works better, that's awesome.

Ares Armor
07-03-2011, 8:49 PM
Any noticeable effects on felt recoil?

Very noticeable. We will have more information on that in future updates.

AR-Tuma
07-04-2011, 9:38 AM
I was lucky enough to be down at the indoor range here in Oceanside last weekend when this was being shot and the Ares guys were cool enough to let me put a few rounds through it. That thing is one kick @$$ comp! I never really thought any of my AR's had much recoil, but the difference recoil and muzzle rise between mine and the effin-a was night and day. Thanks to Dimitri and the bald guy who's name I can't remember for letting me shoot a few. Any update when they will be available?

locosway
07-04-2011, 9:39 AM
I was lucky enough to be down at the indoor range here in Oceanside last weekend when this was being shot and the Ares guys were cool enough to let me put a few rounds through it. That thing is one kick @$$ comp! I never really thought any of my AR's had much recoil, but the difference recoil and muzzle rise between mine and the effin-a was night and day. Thanks to Dimitri and the bald guy who's name I can't remember for letting me shoot a few. Any update when they will be available?

What comp are you using now? Or do you just have the A2 flash hider?

AR-Tuma
07-04-2011, 9:49 AM
What comp are you using now? Or do you just have the A2 flash hider?

I'm running an A2 on my "go to" rifle and my other rifle I bounce between two uppers, one with the PWSfsc556 and one with one of the smith enterprises

locosway
07-04-2011, 9:52 AM
I'm running an A2 on my "go to" rifle and my other rifle I bounce between two uppers, one with the PWSfsc556 and one with one of the smith enterprises

Was the Effin-A much different from the PWS?

bombadillo
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Where do I sign up for the promo group buy before they come out at only $79.95?????? :D :D :D

AR-Tuma
07-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Was the Effin-A much different from the PWS?

Between my 3 I thought the PWS was the closest comparison, but I thought the effin-a had noticeably less felt recoil and muzzle rise than my PWS

goodlookin1
07-04-2011, 12:44 PM
What is the diameter of the exit hole? It looks pretty big from the AutoCAD drawing, almost like it could fit a 7.62 projectile. This concept is similiar to the BattleComp in that their exit hole is also larger. I am able to just fit a 6.5mm bullet through it, whereas the 5.56mm fits through it with ease. I wondered why they did this, as it seems the point of a Comp is to divert as much gas out the sides and top of the comp than out through the bullet exit hole. Common sense being, "the tighter the exit hole, the better".

Then again, it does work pretty well....

Also, how is the flash signature? Any night testing compared to other Comps?

Nice looking product. Very cool that you can plug the ports to "tune" it to your liking.

NorCalAthlete
07-04-2011, 1:14 PM
Just had an idea for felt recoil - I recall someone building a super lightweight AR that was very barebones, but commented recoil was a b****. I wonder how it'd do with this comp on it?

edit: found it. I'd swap out the sights on it for something smaller and less bulky, but with the "Effin-A" comp I wonder how the recoil would change on it. Obviously it'd be less, but would it bring it back to the felt recoil level of a heavier build or even more?

My girlfriend's DI AR15 weighting at 4lbs and 14oz.
highlights:
Bushmaster Carbon upper = 3.8oz
DD pencil barrel 1:7" twist 14.5" carbine barrel = 20.5oz
Apex machining 9" tube = 10oz
JP LMOS bolt carrier group and buffer = 8.5oz + 3.5oz
Plum Crazy lower 1lbs complete with:
ACE UL-AR stock

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/5749267349_c9e4550933_b.jpg

Happy Shooting :63:

locosway
07-04-2011, 1:20 PM
Just had an idea for felt recoil - I recall someone building a super lightweight AR that was very barebones, but commented recoil was a b****. I wonder how it'd do with this comp on it?

edit: found it. I'd swap out the sights on it for something smaller and less bulky, but with the "Effin-A" comp I wonder how the recoil would change on it. Obviously it'd be less, but would it bring it back to the felt recoil level of a heavier build or even more?

My AR is 6.5lbs, and with a BattleComp is much easier to shoot fast. It's like a night and day difference on a light rifle.

AR-Tuma
07-04-2011, 7:54 PM
My AR is 6.5lbs, and with a BattleComp is much easier to shoot fast. It's like a night and day difference on a light rifle.

Yeah I would say the one I shot of theirs was in the 6.5-7lb range (educated guess), mine is a little bit heavier and even with the weight difference (mine being heavier) theirs with that comp had alot less recoil than any of mine.

Ares Armor
07-05-2011, 8:39 AM
What is the diameter of the exit hole? It looks pretty big from the AutoCAD drawing, almost like it could fit a 7.62 projectile.

The tolerances are pretty extreme on it. You have about enough room to fit the round through the hole and have about the width of a human hair left over to play with.

The exit hole is about as small as it can possibly be

The Virus
07-05-2011, 9:56 AM
WHEN is it for sale?...........

Vandal.
07-05-2011, 10:27 AM
any more pics/vids of grouping on a rapid fire?

Ares Armor
07-05-2011, 7:33 PM
any more pics/vids of grouping on a rapid fire?

If you are from the SD area we will have one down at Iron Sights this Saturday you are more than welcome to come down and shoot with us. We will have some more video after that.

SixPointEight
07-05-2011, 7:47 PM
tag for more info

Kimber
07-05-2011, 8:10 PM
tagged

Outta Control
07-05-2011, 8:43 PM
ditto

Toast
07-05-2011, 8:57 PM
Looks interesting. How's the concussion compared to other comps? I wouldn't mind replacing my Phantom, it's brutal sometimes. Also, I know you said it's long enough to make a 14.5 inch barrel legal but it worries me that you can unbolt the comp part and just leave the attachment plate.

themailman
07-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Stopped by the shop and fondled one today. Its machined very well. As to how it performs, I will report back on Saturday after I get to see it in action.

bug_eyedmonster
07-06-2011, 5:17 AM
I'd be interested in trying one for my next build. It's on a stainless pencil 14.5" barrel, so hopefully I can make this work. =)

Jerry

Quickdraw Mcgraw
07-06-2011, 9:55 AM
Big up Ares you guys keep impressing us! Tagged for the release date!

Outta Control
07-06-2011, 9:59 AM
What is the likelihood those "plugs" will not hold and become a side projectile.

Ares Armor
07-06-2011, 10:12 AM
What is the likelihood those "plugs" will not hold and become a side projectile.

Slim and Loctite. :)

PaperPuncher
07-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Will this product work similar to the ones offered on AR15performance in terms of the tunable ports?

Link for reference: http://www.ar15performance.com/muzzle_devices

gose
07-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Do you have any tests/data showing the decrease in recoil and muzzle flip?

Not dissing, but every comp manufacturer seems to have a video of someone shooting with the comp one-handed or seemingly without recoil, so some data backing it up would be nice :)

I really like the flexibility of it, since tuning comps usually involves clocking and drilling, so this seems like a vast improvement.

Outta Control
07-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Have to tested it with loctite under those conditions (vibrations and heat)?

Ares Armor
07-06-2011, 4:55 PM
Do you have any tests/data showing the decrease in recoil and muzzle flip?

Not dissing, but every comp manufacturer seems to have a video of someone shooting with the comp one-handed or seemingly without recoil, so some data backing it up would be nice :)

I really like the flexibility of it, since tuning comps usually involves clocking and drilling, so this seems like a vast improvement.

We have this and will release this data simultaneously with pre-order release.

Ares Armor
07-06-2011, 4:56 PM
Have to tested it with loctite under those conditions (vibrations and heat)?

actually not with loctite. we have tested it just cranked in and fired over 1000 rounds through it with no sign of it moving. we will be shooting on one with loctite before release.

$P-Ritch$
07-06-2011, 5:23 PM
I thought that even red loctite's heat tolerances were too low to be used on a barrel that will be rapid fired (don't know the exact temperatures, just heard it in another thread). Supposedly rocksett (sp?) is within the limits.

That being said, I have used red loctite on rails that mounted to the gas block of my Addax GPU and they melted or came loose. I never dumped mags through it, but also did not slow fire it.

Ares Armor
07-06-2011, 7:29 PM
I thought that even red loctite's heat tolerances were too low to be used on a barrel that will be rapid fired (don't know the exact temperatures, just heard it in another thread). Supposedly rocksett (sp?) is within the limits.

That being said, I have used red loctite on rails that mounted to the gas block of my Addax GPU and they melted or came loose. I never dumped mags through it, but also did not slow fire it.

So far there has been no problems with the screws holding in place.

(Mostly under rapid fire)

Quickdraw Mcgraw
07-07-2011, 3:38 PM
release date anytime soon...I want one bad!!

stormy_clothing
07-07-2011, 3:44 PM
whats the point of treating a rifle part like a joke and giving it a silly name, makes no sense to me and automatically takes and statements down a few levels on the credibility scale.

plum crazy is another example and they have quite an issue with quality at times so maybe that is true.

themailman
07-07-2011, 4:17 PM
whats the point of treating a rifle part like a joke and giving it a silly name, makes no sense to me and automatically takes and statements down a few levels on the credibility scale.

plum crazy is another example and they have quite an issue with quality at times so maybe that is true.

What is stormy clothing?

MongooseV8
07-07-2011, 4:25 PM
I want a black one :D

$P-Ritch$
07-07-2011, 5:32 PM

Yeah, I guess they should just stick to the tacticool way of giving it a serious, long name that makes a witty acronym like every other company.:rolleyes:

I have a few ideas here:

Specialized Urban Compensator/Kick Reducer

Adjustable Slot Series, Blast Reducing Compensator

I'd buy an ASSBlastR Comp in a heartbeat:D

tomd1584
07-07-2011, 5:42 PM

Comparing Ares Armor & their products to Plum Crazy is an insult to AA. They have come out with some GREAT products in the last year, with plenty being utilized overseas.

backstrap
07-07-2011, 6:02 PM
This comp is ruffling some feathers. Im interested in this also. I was interested in a battlecomp but it seems supply of those is shotty.

qaz5109
07-07-2011, 8:56 PM
what would the complete length off one come to. sorry if it was alreasy asked i didint see it and good job

Droppin Deuces
07-07-2011, 9:07 PM
I think if the haters were to see this thing in person, they'd find that there's not much comparison to a Battlecomp at all.

AlpineWeiss
07-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Curious to see what the final solution is for set/adjustment screw retainment.

I think (not an expert) that peak temperatures will rule out thread locking compound, so it will have to be by some sort of mechanical means. Perhaps tapered threads and a torque spec?

Just FYI most of the suspension on your car, hell most of the threaded fasteners on your car are retained through friction, not thread locking compound.

It's not an unrealistic claim to say that the set screws are staying put with out thread locker, the question is how is that retaining friction being developed. I think this question needs to be answered for the simple reason that most inquisitive customers are going to be asking it.

Definitely interested in getting one of the first 100 at the stated price point.

gose
07-08-2011, 5:50 PM
what would the complete length off one come to. sorry if it was alreasy asked i didint see it and good job

good question... I hope these are under 1x3", or the competition crowd wont be interested.

Vandal.
07-11-2011, 9:46 AM
i would like to see a side by side of that EFFIN-A and a battle comp. that should be interesting.

gose
07-11-2011, 5:07 PM
i would like to see a side by side of that EFFIN-A and a battle comp. that should be interesting.

Id rather see it compared to a really effective comp, since it sounds that's more the market they're going after, but I think we might get both :)

locosway
07-11-2011, 8:51 PM
Id rather see it compared to a really effective comp, since it sounds that's more the market they're going after, but I think we might get both :)

So what's more effective than a battlecomp? A Triple Tap brake from KAC?

HK35
07-11-2011, 11:33 PM
So what's more effective than a battlecomp? A Triple Tap brake from KAC?BCs are good but not the best at minimizing muzzle movement. It is very good at eliminating muzzle rise, however, such that it actually pushes the muzzle down after a shot. This was observed during tac class last weekend. The Ferfrans comp worked better than the BC which caused no muzzle movement but the concussion was much more noticeable than that from a BC.

What interests me about the Effin-A is that it's tuneable, so if you notice muzzle dip then just plug one or two holes up top...such a nice feature!

locosway
07-11-2011, 11:36 PM
BCs are good but not the best at minimizing muzzle movement. It is very good at eliminating muzzle rise, however, such that it actually pushes the muzzle down after a shot. This was observed during tac class last weekend. The Ferfrans comp worked better than the BC which caused no muzzle movement but the concussion was much more noticeable than that from a BC.

What interests me about the Effin-A is that it's tuneable, so if you notice muzzle dip then just plug one or two holes up top...such a nice feature!

I guess that's the difference between a brake and a compensator. I like the BC because it reduces rise, but I don't care about backwards motion. I'd like to see and shoot the EFFIN-A, but I won't be replacing my BC with it due to cost and likely marginal performance increase. However, if this thing works, I'll slap it on my next build.

gose
07-12-2011, 2:45 PM
I guess that's the difference between a brake and a compensator. I like the BC because it reduces rise, but I don't care about backwards motion. I'd like to see and shoot the EFFIN-A, but I won't be replacing my BC with it due to cost and likely marginal performance increase. However, if this thing works, I'll slap it on my next build.

SJC Titan, BH Rolling Thunder, Arredondo nXg, JP Tank are some of the more popular in 3-gunning/action shooting and this corresponds pretty well with tests I've read and done.

The BC inventors/manufacturers acknowledge the fact that there are both better flash hiders as well as better comps available, but they say that the battle comp is the best compromise if you want both without the concussion you get from some of the other comps.

If you're building a tacticool rifle, by all means go for the BC, but if youre building a match rifle or youre trying to minimize recoil and muzzle movement, go with something else.

Jason_2111
07-12-2011, 4:15 PM
Tagging this thread for my next build... I'm definitely going to try one of these out. I have BattleComp's on my ladies right now, and love them, but for the price, I'm more than willing to give this a shot. :)

Vandal.
07-14-2011, 3:48 PM

really? you say the battle comp isnt effective? well what kind of comp would you think is up to par? to do a side by side?

im not trying to start a flame war or anything, i just would like to know what is out there that people consider a good comp?

gose
07-14-2011, 3:52 PM
really? you say the battle comp isnt effective? well what kind of comp would you think is up to par? to do a side by side?

im not trying to start a flame war or anything, i just would like to know what is out there that people consider a good comp?

Maybe read this post? ;)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6757850&postcount=124

I didnt say that the BC didnt work, since I'm sure it does, but in terms of reducing recoil and muzzle movement it's not top tier, which even the BC inventors stated on another forum.

goodlookin1
07-14-2011, 5:44 PM
I dont get any downward movement on mine....stays pretty well on target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcKo4wj4jc8

P.S. - Dont mind me forgetting the selector being set to safe ;)

wtfprompt
07-14-2011, 9:48 PM
Any updates on the 7.62 version?

Ares Armor
07-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Any updates on the 7.62 version?

The window for the 7.62 version is Sept-Nov. Somewhere in there.

The 556 is now available for Pre-Order! it will be shipping the end of next month.

http://www.aresarmor.com/install/ecom-prodshow/AA-EFFIN-AC556.html

crob
07-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Sweet! Been waiting for the pre-order, maybe I can get some work done now instead of refreshing the forum looking for an update lol

Ares Armor
07-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks! I know this has drawn quite a bit of attention we are really excited that this project is finally coming to fruition.

a-bomb13
07-18-2011, 7:31 PM
HA HA. This is my favorite part:
"WARNING If you attempt to modify or use these devices in any way attempting to create baffles for a suppressor, it will instantly void our warranty and possibly land you in jail. PLEASE OBEY THE LAW!"

Maximusmax51
07-18-2011, 9:10 PM
JUST ORDERED ONE!!! STOKED :43:

Ares Armor
07-19-2011, 1:13 AM
HA HA. This is my favorite part:
"WARNING If you attempt to modify or use these devices in any way attempting to create baffles for a suppressor, it will instantly void our warranty and possibly land you in jail. PLEASE OBEY THE LAW!"

wtfprompt
07-19-2011, 6:25 AM
The window for the 7.62 version is Sept-Nov. Somewhere in there.

The 556 is now available for Pre-Order! it will be shipping the end of next month.

http://www.aresarmor.com/install/ecom-prodshow/AA-EFFIN-AC556.html

I am in for one in 7.62! Will the 7.62 be balanced like the 5.56?

Keep up the good work.

Ares Armor
07-19-2011, 12:38 PM
The weight will be matched to that projectile. So it will be different than the 5.56 one.

Agent Tikki
07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm in for a pre-order....will I make the limited edition, numbered run?

Agent Tikki
07-19-2011, 1:43 PM
Are there any pictures of 2 EffinA's put together? What would be the benefits of putting two or more units inline at the end of the barrel?

evidens83
07-19-2011, 4:31 PM

Me too!

triggs75
07-19-2011, 5:15 PM
Tagged for reviews and 7.62 version

Ares Armor
07-19-2011, 5:29 PM
Are there any pictures of 2 EffinA's put together? What would be the benefits of putting two or more units inline at the end of the barrel?

2 reasons the additional mass increase the rifles resistance to rotation and it expands out the gas system allowing to be spread across a larger area.

The other reason is because its something to play with. Plus you can add other things to the front of it. We will be coming out with after market parts for it. one that is already planned will increase flash suppression.

Samer327
07-19-2011, 6:56 PM
Is the size of this comp same as the A2? Just curious as to whether we could add on some of the available suppressors to it.

Ares Armor
07-20-2011, 7:25 AM
Is the size of this comp same as the A2? Just curious as to whether we could add on some of the available suppressors to it.

nope

Ares Armor
07-20-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm in for a pre-order....will I make the limited edition, numbered run?

Sorry didn't see this one. yes as of right now all the orders that are in are getting the first run mark. at the current rate of pre-orders this will probably only be true for the next couple of days though.

Ares Armor
07-21-2011, 12:27 PM
We have been getting a more than a couple PM's on this. thought we would post up the answer.

This comp is not a clamp on. You need to have a threaded barrel. If you are going to have your barrel threaded to attach this compensator go with 1/2x28tpi.

Thanks

NorCalAthlete
07-21-2011, 9:01 PM
Order placed :D along with a BAD lever...

Javi
07-21-2011, 9:51 PM
Really curious for some reviews.
I told "GunWebsites" about it, hopefully he pre-ordered.

Ares Armor
07-22-2011, 4:38 PM
Order placed :D along with a BAD lever...

We split shipped for you. the bad lever should be to you soon!

NorCalAthlete
07-22-2011, 4:43 PM
We split shipped for you. the bad lever should be to you soon!

:D cool thanks. Now I just have to figure out how to take off the firepig that's on there right now...anyone who has some thoughts on that can PM me.

Ares Armor
07-23-2011, 3:50 AM
Really curious for some reviews.
I told "GunWebsites" about it, hopefully he pre-ordered.

who is "GunWebsites"?

james03
07-28-2011, 9:56 PM
who is "GunWebsites"?

http://gunwebsites.com/

- would be my best guess

Javi
07-28-2011, 11:27 PM
^Yup.
hehe, never actually been on their site. I just subscribe on youtube.

Ares Armor
08-02-2011, 2:41 AM
http://aresarmor.com/media/CompGasDef1.jpg

First Image of just one of our after market attachments for the effin-a comp. The Effin-A Gas Deflector. These will direct the gas from a section of exit ports and reduce noise for shooters that are around you. They also can be added one at a time as an additional tuning method.

Big story is: Something new to play with. so far we have 4 add-ons planned this is the first one to pass the planning stage and into production. We will give more updates on the others as they come out.

KaLiFORNIA
08-02-2011, 7:15 AM
Interesting.

bombadillo
08-02-2011, 8:32 AM
Wow, how is the gas deflector working?

LNTT
08-02-2011, 9:00 AM
Seems extremely interesting!

Ares Armor
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow, how is the gas deflector working?

it locks into the rear port on any row and as the gas exits the 3 forward ports it re-directs it.

hwkeye1911
08-02-2011, 7:04 PM
Order Placed!!

Maximusmax51
08-02-2011, 11:34 PM
any news on shipping time?

crob
08-03-2011, 9:32 AM
Quick question, crush washer required to mount? If yes, is it included or do I need to order one?

Ares Armor
08-03-2011, 9:33 AM
any news on shipping time?

As it sits right now we are right on schedule.

Ares Armor
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Quick question, crush washer required to mount? If yes, is it included or do I need to order one?

As of right now we are planning to include one.

Ares Armor
08-09-2011, 7:12 PM
Just a quick update to let everyone who pre-ordered know that as of right now everything is right on schedule we also might be shipping a couple of days earlier than anticipated.

NorCalAthlete
08-09-2011, 7:55 PM
Estimated date to ship?

pacifico23
08-09-2011, 9:00 PM
Holy Moley! One of the most innovative products Ive seen released this year. Seeing those deflectors :eek:. Great design would love to see some slow-mo videos as well as ones with the deflectors on.

Will you be releasing 1.5" versions?

NorCalAthlete
08-10-2011, 2:10 PM
Holy Moley! One of the most innovative products Ive seen released this year. Seeing those deflectors :eek:. Great design would love to see some slow-mo videos as well as ones with the deflectors on.

Will you be releasing 1.5" versions?

The current batch is >1.5" ;) check back to page 5, Ares said a single one by itself is long enough to be good to go on a 14.5" barrel.

huntingbuddy
08-11-2011, 8:30 AM
I saw September 1st when I put in my order but I could be wrong.

Ares Armor
08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I saw September 1st when I put in my order but I could be wrong.

hoping to ship sometime in the 1st week of September

NorCalAthlete
08-23-2011, 9:47 PM
:twoweeks:

Ares Armor
08-24-2011, 2:29 AM
Shhhhh!!! Dont Jynx it!!!

Update: Black Oxide ones are already at treatment.

BoomerX01
08-30-2011, 5:20 PM
Sorry for the duplicate post (if it is one) but are threaded barrels legal in CA for non LEO? On a BB equipped AR. Thanks!

BoomerX01
08-30-2011, 5:22 PM
Sorry for the duplicate post (if it is one) but are threaded barrels legal in CA for non LEO? On a BB equipped AR. Thanks!

Nevermind - found the post. Seems they are legal.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=134415

Ares Armor
08-31-2011, 1:20 PM
Just got confirmation that we will start shipping on Teusday-Thursday of next week!

pc_load_letter
08-31-2011, 8:32 PM
Would love to see you guys compare the EFFINA comp to the Spikes Dynacomp extreme since you are at the same price point (Actually theirs is 89)...http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTDCM

Mike

Ares Armor
08-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Would love to see you guys compare the EFFINA comp to the Spikes Dynacomp extreme since you are at the same price point (Actually theirs is 89)...http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTDCM

Mike

The Spikes Dynacomp is not a good comparison to the EFFIN-A. The EFFIN-A is adjustable and stackable. The Dynacomp is only attacking recoil using one method whereas the EFFIN-A is using two methods of reduction. The products honestly are not really that similar other than the fact that they both are affecting gas after the magnus moment.

NorCalAthlete
09-07-2011, 5:45 PM
Just got confirmation that we will start shipping on Teusday-Thursday of next week!

:toetap05:

Maximusmax51
09-07-2011, 10:53 PM
any news

Cali-Shooter
09-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm in the market for another comp. This might be a great candidate against the PWS-556 I was going to get... Definitely going to watching this thread and product!

fiddynut
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Got mine today! Killer packaging guys. Can't wait to get it on my rifle.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/fiddynut/30f884e3.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/fiddynut/e212c90b.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/fiddynut/dac7ad30.jpg

mlevans66
09-10-2011, 4:29 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/fiddynut/30f884e3.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/fiddynut/e212c90b.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/fiddynut/dac7ad30.jpg

Effin EPIC!

Ares Armor
09-10-2011, 10:10 PM

That was fast! Glad you like the packaging.

mreed
09-11-2011, 12:59 PM
ahh wish i could order one... i just spent all my money ordering parts to finish my ar-15

starsnuffer
09-11-2011, 4:47 PM
Seriously considering getting one for my MR556. Wouldn't like to be the first guinea pig though. Anyone have experience with this on the HK or other high quality piston guns? Any issues getting the free-float handguard off over it?

-W

Ares Armor
09-11-2011, 6:52 PM
So it turns out that we are human. There is a spelling error on the packaging. Thanks goes to NorCalAthlete for bringing it to our attention. We will be re-labeling all remaining ones in inventory. If anyone who purchased this would like to have a corrected label put on we would be more than happy to do this for you.

Send back the package with just the bottle in it and we will affix a proper label and ship the bottle back to you.

Our Address is :
Ares Armor
208 N Freeman St
Oceanside, CA 92054

Thanks

fmunk
09-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Ares,

On your homepage...

Stay Tuned as we plan to start EXCEPTING pre-orders on the EFFIN-A soon

"Health care" should be one word by the way.

NorCalAthlete
09-12-2011, 1:39 AM
Ares,

On your homepage...

"Health care" should be one word by the way.

lol now look what I've started...sorry Ares! :p but hey, it's not like we're charging you for the consulting work! hahahahaha.

Onlyincali
09-12-2011, 3:08 AM
Do you guys have an actual store in Oceanside? I'm local and would like to stop by if so.

thanks

Ares Armor
09-12-2011, 10:07 AM
lol now look what I've started...sorry Ares! :p but hey, it's not like we're charging you for the consulting work! hahahahaha.

Fixed and as a little kicker we gave our guy who does the writing the good ol' spelling for Marines MCI ;) He is a little butt hurt haha.

Ares Armor
09-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Do you guys have an actual store in Oceanside? I'm local and would like to stop by if so.

thanks

Yes we have an actual store in Oceanside.

fmunk
09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I work in advertising and deal with copy all the time. It's always best to have extra eyeballs to proof read, especially ones that have nothing to do with writing. Mistakes stand out like sore thumbs with unfamiliar eyes.

biga9999
09-12-2011, 2:20 PM
Stupid USPS.

Forwarded, September 12, 2011, 8:44 am, LEANDER, TX
Missent, September 12, 2011, 8:42 am
Arrival at Unit, September 12, 2011, 8:39 am, LEANDER, TX 78641

Hope to get it tomorrow.

fmunk
09-12-2011, 2:27 PM
Stupid USPS.

Forwarded, September 12, 2011, 8:44 am, LEANDER, TX
Missent, September 12, 2011, 8:42 am
Arrival at Unit, September 12, 2011, 8:39 am, LEANDER, TX 78641

Hope to get it tomorrow.

You have the budget cuts they are experiencing to blame.

darkgrue
09-12-2011, 7:17 PM
Got my Stainless EFFIN-A today. It's a really solid piece of work, feels lethal just by itself. I also really liked the packaging, clever and humorous. Considering it's a pretty innovative product, I thought the packaging was a nice polishing touch.

So it turns out that we are human. There is a spelling error on the packaging. Thanks goes to NorCalAthlete for bringing it to our attention. We will be re-labeling all remaining ones in inventory. If anyone who purchased this would like to have a corrected label put on we would be more than happy to do this for you.

The misprints will be far more collectable now! ;)

Can't wait to see the rest of the product line. I'm already very interested in the gas deflectors...

NorCalAthlete
09-12-2011, 7:24 PM
Got mine today! :) and yeah I got one of the "old" labels...also noticed another spelling error or two on the info sheet packaged with it hehehe. I kinda like what darkgrue said though - the misprints are a little more collectable now, not that mine's gonna stay in anywhere near pristine condition :D I plan on shooting the hell out of it.

SanPedroShooter
09-12-2011, 7:35 PM
That packaging is ****ing rad! I am going to order one just to get a giant prescription bottle with gun parts in it...

I'll tell my wife its for black rifle-itis

NorCalAthlete
09-12-2011, 7:47 PM
I'll tell my wife its for black rifle-itis

Ares, you guys should start selling LPKs in similar bottles for BRD...it really is an awesome way to polish off a new product like that.

SanPedroShooter
09-12-2011, 7:50 PM
It really is a neat idea. Congratulations.

biga9999
09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
#84 arrived today. :)

crob
09-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Got mine yesterday and mounted it up. Looks really well made and can't wait to try it out.

rocketsci
09-13-2011, 1:08 PM
#65 arrived!

Or is it #64? The comp is labelled #65, the sheet that comes with it is #64... :)

Love the packaging!

E__WOK
09-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Anybody willing to let #69 off their hands???

OHW
09-14-2011, 12:21 AM
68 maybe, but not something that means one for you/one for me, on my weapon .

NorCalAthlete
09-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Anybody willing to let #69 off their hands???

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/smilies/n.gif I requested #69 when I placed my order. I got #46 instead. :p oh well.

Prodigal_son
09-14-2011, 2:02 AM
Definitely tagged for updates

high_lander
09-14-2011, 7:29 AM
would it be possible to post the how to tune online? I want to order one but would like to see the instructions first to see how difficult it is.

I will prolly end up ordering anyways, but thought I would ask.

Thanks

AR-Tuma
09-14-2011, 8:01 AM
would it be possible to post the how to tune online? I want to order one but would like to see the instructions first to see how difficult it is.

I will prolly end up ordering anyways, but thought I would ask.

Thanks

It was easy, just too an allen wrench to the range with me and plugged and unplugged holes till it was set up for my rifle and I

crob
09-15-2011, 8:16 AM
#32 found a good home. Sorry for the crappy pics, I don't have the gear or skills to match the photos that you guys take.
Blurry Pic of the comp itself (with what appears to be a cat hair hanging off of it)
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/clobbersaurus67/DSCF0683.jpg
#32 is a good solid number Marcus Allen FTW
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/clobbersaurus67/DSCF0690.jpg
More blurry goodness
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/clobbersaurus67/DSCF0691.jpg
The final product
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/clobbersaurus67/DSCF0693.jpg

Hope to get out on Sunday and test it out, maybe find a place where I can let the brass fly and not worry about breaking range rules.

biga9999
09-15-2011, 4:08 PM
Shot it for the first time today. With all the ports open, felt like it was barely jumping up a bit.

With the way it is indexed there are 2 columns of ports along the bottom. Threw screws into all 8 holes on those two columns, then it felt like the muzzle was being forced down quite a bit more than I wanted.

Had to leave the range, still playing with it, but I like it so far.

mreed
09-20-2011, 9:13 PM
can these be pinned to barrel?

Ruimprez
09-22-2011, 7:34 PM
Anybody willing to let #96 off their hands?

BoomerX01
09-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone. I went up to Ares Armor's office and met the guys. Very friendly and just an overall great time. I also purchased their Husky sling which is amazing.

Got lucky and was able to get #9 of 100. Don't be jealous!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2209056/DSC00534.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2209056/NewGun1.jpg

FashionBiff
09-24-2011, 4:41 AM
More range reports and set up info for those of you lucky enough to have yours please and more pics!!! Mine is going to have to wait till after the holidays I do believe.

Ares Armor
09-24-2011, 9:32 AM
We are starting to get reviews on you tube.
XRCHqAfTZWk
This one goes over everything from installation to shooting to his after thoughts. He also shoots in full auto in this video.

AeH-y_KPaAE
This one is more of an initial reaction, he is just opening it up and talking about what he thinks of it. no range time included... yet.

jingerale
10-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Anyone have a picture of a Stainless version on a Stainless barrel? I'm thinking about getting one and would like to see how the SST match up to my Noveske SST barrel. From the video, it looks a little "too shiny".

Thanks

Outta Control
10-04-2011, 2:49 PM
Wow I see lots of huge muzzle flashes in the first video.

whoreable
10-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I purchased #19 from the first batch about one week ago. Great shop, great products. If you have not headed into Ares Armor you need to.

I also purchased an Eotech at a great price 2 weeks prior. Thanks AresArmor!.

pacifico23
10-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Based off that video (very cool video btw) Someone needs to do a night video of this compensator. Talk about great balls of fire.

whoreable
10-05-2011, 1:00 PM
AresArmor Effin-A Compensator Installed

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5809/eoadamares.jpg

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6896/arescomp.jpg

Droppin Deuces
10-05-2011, 1:07 PM
AresArmor Effin-A Compensator Installed

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5809/eoadamares.jpg

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6896/arescomp.jpg

That's awesome! Looks like an old beat up Tonka truck:D

huntingbuddy
10-13-2011, 8:53 PM
I would call it the hedgehog.

j1mmyd
10-23-2011, 6:32 AM
Any user reviews? I'd also be curious to see what it looks like in low-light conditions.

Agent Tikki
10-23-2011, 7:07 AM
Anyone willing to share how they've set theirs up too? How many set screw and at what position?

LBCR1
10-23-2011, 10:19 AM
hope they make a .308 version

shadow65
10-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Looks like a PITA to me.:p

CRTguns
10-23-2011, 1:28 PM

after a few hundred rounds the plugs will be permanently carbinized in place. That brake fouling is some strong stuff.

0331Marine
10-23-2011, 5:17 PM
Got mine set up today, this thing is great!!

Chuntsman949
12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Has anyone "stacked" this comp yet? If so results? Video?

tamdango
04-06-2013, 7:37 AM
Let's resurrect this post.
I'm an Infantry soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan. I bought an Effin-A Comp for use on my personal AR but never got a chance to install it so I brought it here with me. For the first half of my deployment I ran with a Surefire suppressor. Though shooting with a suppressor is cool and all, the recoil is still felt in a sense. Let me explain:
Being a relatively small guy (5'7", 145lbs, 176lbs w/ full kit), standing in a square position towards my target, and firing full auto (M4A1), the recoil will slowly push me back. With the Effin-A, I could stand square, walk, and stop again all while firing fully automatic. I tell all my buddies to fire my weapon as fast as they could or full auto, and in just a few rounds on semi or one quick burst, I make a believer out of them.
The fully customization option was my selling point compared to any compensator on the market today. People have their opinions on whether they copied other products but the point is, it's the only comp you can fine tune to yourself. I live by it, literally. Great product, Ares Armor.
-SGT Dang, Tam; US Army Infantry

socal-shooter
04-07-2013, 1:24 PM
I'm sold , how does one acquire one if those gott damn effin things!!

LBDamned
06-15-2013, 8:45 PM
another inadvertent bump... with a purpose...

So I recently acquired an M&P10 - and in my (geek) quest to tame and control recoil I purchased a Mako GL-ShockCP stock and researched like a fiend all 308 comps...

it didn't take long to realize the EFFIN-A 308 was a must have... but my over-analytical interwebz research sector set in and I spent half the day looking at reviews and prices...

The "with a purpose" part of this bump is that CGN was the most comprehensive and informative thread that I found (and there are LOTS of 'em for this compensator)...

So this is more of a kudos to CalGuns than anything else... might seem trivial - but it's nice to see our small part of the planet representing better than any other.

As it pertains to the product and worthiness to the thread - best price I am finding is http://www.predatorarmament.com/effin-a-compensator-by-ares-armor/

anyone finding better pricing? For what this product offers, this seems to be a killer price... but my inner-research whore wants to dig deeper :D

CFV
06-16-2013, 3:09 AM
Try Ebay. Same price but with free shipping

LBDamned
06-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Try Ebay. Same price but with free shipping

thank you... yes, the cheapest I found on ebay was $90 by they add tax so it ended up about the same otd.