PDA

View Full Version : CannonSafes/Patriot .IS NOT patriotsafe.com/gun-safes !

255peterm
12-28-2006, 5:28 AM
I just want to thank every one who posted in this forum and all the other forums here . I was looking to buy a safe and I came across this web site Calguns .net . This site has the most information of any , that I came across. It is so good that I became a member ,even though I live in Yaphank Long Island New York . Going through the threads , I came across Cannon safes who have a model called the Patriot,this NOT the same safe that http://www.patriotsafe.com/gun-safes sells ! The two brands are Totally different Cannons Patriot safe is 12-gauge steel and their fire protection is 1200 degrees for 40 minutes . Patriotsafe.com safes are 3/4'' steel and pyro-block for fire protection for 1 hour at 1880 degees .I called Patriotsafe at 1-877-743-5372 Dec. 27 06 talked to a salesman named Michael Proctor , who was very helpfull to me , I then ordered their closet safe . Included with my safe were a bunch of free upgrades . There Warranty is great , lifetime for org. owner , safe is in fire they replace It FREE etc. I hope this thread was helpfull to others who were a little confused like myself on these two names .

Paul
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
The whole safe or just the door is 3/4" thick steel?

Nobody breaks in the doors as they are always the strongest part of the box. The typical 10-12 gauge steel can be cut with ease with the proper tools and correct method.

bwiese
12-28-2006, 10:54 AM
I hope Patriot Safes is not a spinoff of Sportsman Steel Safes or its sister company Pentagon Safes (also in LA area). These latter 2 companines are not known for great products or customer service and in the past couple of years I've seen many posts complaining about their products or services.

rips31
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
or, you could have ordered the one from costco...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11162363&whse=&topnav=&browse=

Librarian
12-28-2006, 11:30 AM
'whois' on the domains comes up with different registrants for the web sites for all three of patriotsafe, pentagonsafes, sportsmansteelsafes.

patriot has the same registrant as merlosafes.com - those two may be connected.

255peterm
12-28-2006, 5:45 PM
Paul,Rips and others ,the safes at costco are cannons safes named Patriot .THE ARE NOT www.patriotsafe.com The one that I bought , every one is thinking they are the same thats why I wrote my first post . Cannons Patriot safe is 12 gauge steel ! This is the company I bought from - ( www.patriotsafe.com safe has a 1 5/8 steel door WITH pyro block and the BODY is 3/4 inch steel WITH Pyro block and the safe is rated 1 hour at 1880 Degrees ) They are located Huntington Beach Cal. GO to their web site and most of your questions will be answerd there .

somekevinguy
12-29-2006, 8:14 AM
Actually if you go to merlosafes and click on gun safes it takes you to patriot so I would say they are definitely connected.

rips31
12-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Paul,Rips and others ,the safes at costco are cannons safes named Patriot .THE ARE NOT www.patriotsafe.com The one that I bought , every one is thinking they are the same thats why I wrote my first post . Cannons Patriot safe is 12 gauge steel ! This is the company I bought from - ( www.patriotsafe.com safe has a 1 5/8 steel door WITH pyro block and the BODY is 3/4 inch steel WITH Pyro block and the safe is rated 1 hour at 1880 Degrees ) They are located Huntington Beach Cal. GO to their web site and most of your questions will be answerd there .
uh, ok. soory. i got confused by your first post. while patriot might be good, i believe canon has a better warranty. not to mention that some lock/safesmiths all told me to go w/canon. to each their own, tho. luck w/yours.

255peterm
12-30-2006, 3:35 AM
Actually if you go to merlosafes and click on gun safes it takes you to patriot so I would say they are definitely connected.
somekevingguy , you are right about MERLOSAFE , I was just trying to clear up the two companys with the same name Patriot .