PDA

View Full Version : Giving non LE Citizens a LE Officers Point of View

tonelar
06-29-2011, 8:56 AM
http://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/3773571-Calif-Citizens-Academy-puts-civilians-in-the-OIS-hot-seat/
I hope this isn't a dupe...
In a Citizens Academy Class, regular people are given a chance to see how a Police involved shooting can take place from the POV of LE.

Turo
06-29-2011, 9:16 AM
Ugh. POLICE ARE CIVILIANS!

That is all.

tonelar
06-29-2011, 9:51 AM
Ugh. POLICE ARE CITIZENS!

That is all.

Don't you mean Civilians? And for the record, not all Police or Fire personnel are US citizens. I know of a few examples who are US Residents, but not US citizens.

Thanks for your comment. I adjusted my original thread title.

Falconis
06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
wow, this again huh?

Turo
06-29-2011, 2:16 PM
Don't you mean Civilians? And for the record, not all Police or Fire personnel are US citizens. I know of a few examples who are US Residents, but not US citizens.

Thanks for your comment. I adjusted my original thread title.

lol oops yeah, I meant civilians.

IrishJoe3
06-29-2011, 3:18 PM
wow, this again huh?

+1 its amazing what some people get butt-hurt about

SkyStorm82
06-29-2011, 4:45 PM
LOL the "civilian" civilian police are here.

Falconis
06-29-2011, 4:53 PM
so far we have the whole civilian thing that has probably been raging since the inception of this website and the ******* thing. Wonder if there is any correlation between the people who keep yelling police officers are civilians and the ones who get all butthurt when called an *******.

I mean ******* is the nicest thing I get called some nights.

HarrisonS004
06-29-2011, 8:19 PM
Well I think I may be the only post on topic. That is a very interesting article, if only all of OT could go that that citizens academy. Actually, I think just about everyone would greatly benefit from going through a citizens academy like that, which goes so in depth.
Thanks for sharing.

lavgrunt
06-29-2011, 9:56 PM
wow, this again huh?

I'm sittin' this one out.......Apparently, I'm a 'trouble maker'........LOL !!!

Falconis
06-30-2011, 12:31 AM
i'm taggin you back in lava ... lol

tonelar
06-30-2011, 1:53 AM
wow, this again huh?

did i dupe? Or dja mean the cops as civilians thing? I honestly didn't intend to wpbring that up again.

oaklander
06-30-2011, 1:58 AM
so far we have the whole civilian thing that has probably been raging since the inception of this website and the ******* thing. Wonder if there is any correlation between the people who keep yelling police officers are civilians and the ones who get all butthurt when called an *******.

I mean ******* is the nicest thing I get called some nights.

I'm with you. And a lot of folks don't understand that rank and file is WAY different than certain "elected brass."

Things are not as simple as people think.

In MOST CASES - LEOs are our biggest supporters. I will argue about this all day, and I will always be right. Upper level, sometimes not so much - BUT NOT ALWAYS!

Damn, I get pissed how some people just can't "get it."

oaklander
06-30-2011, 2:01 AM
did i dupe? Or dja mean the cops as civilians thing? I honestly didn't intend to wpbring that up again.

Ps - super nice meeting ya tonight at the s thing...

I'm out, totally beat - gonna sign off, and hopefully have some time maņana to educate some people about our allies that we keep pissing off by being stupid on this end.

We must learn how to be nice and make friends, is the easiest way to explain it.

Notorious
07-01-2011, 8:43 PM
Can you guys submit your argument to Merriam-Webster instead? Until the official definition changes, I am trusting them over you cop-haters.