PDA

View Full Version : AR-10 OLL compatible with a Armalite upper?

emptybottle151
06-29-2011, 7:54 AM
Well the old man gave me a AR-10 Armalite upper. I know Armalite is slightly different from other AR 308. So what oLL would work best?

Rekrab
06-29-2011, 8:09 AM
I believe Aero Precision makes one.

CHS
06-29-2011, 9:30 AM
Aero Precision and Noveske.

Not sure, but Mega MA-10 might also work.

X-NewYawker
06-29-2011, 9:44 AM
know that Aero and Noveske were designed for that compatibility
get it together and post pics!

Rekrab
06-29-2011, 9:50 AM
Aero Precision and Noveske.

Not sure, but Mega MA-10 might also work.

The Ma-Ten has a funky hybrid cut that makes it totally proprietary. You have to use the Mega upper and lower unfortunately.

supersonic
06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I'd personally go with Aero (actually, I have) just for the simple fact that they are manufactured on the same CNC machines that the ArmaLites are. It's as close to an "all original" AR-10 as you can get in California.

five.five-six
06-29-2011, 10:35 AM
I believe Aero Precision makes one.

IIRC, armalite makes the aero, I have bought several and have been very happy with each of them

CHS
06-29-2011, 11:36 AM
I'd personally go with Aero (actually, I have) just for the simple fact that they are manufactured on the same CNC machines that the ArmaLites are. It's as close to an "all original" AR-10 as you can get in California.

Armalite, Aero, AND Noveske are all made by the same people on the same machines.

From what I understand, Armalite owns the forge that forges the raw receivers and you can't just buy those from Armalite.

So Armalite, Aero, or Noveske, you're still getting literally the exact same thing. Just go with what's available and/or cheapest.

Hogxtz
06-29-2011, 11:58 AM
I used a Aero lower for my Armalite AR-10 carbine upper. It fits and works perfect. I used an Armalite LPK. Keep in mind, if you go AR-10 the only mags that will work are Armalite and they are spendy. If you go LR-308 like a DPMS you can get twice as many mags for half the price. I still went Armalite.

Here you go....

http://www.762sass.com/product.php?p=145&cid=2&session=1f23f339e09423af2b9e601f9dfe4882

http://tdsguns.com/store/product/4743/Aeroprecision-Lower-7.62/

supersonic
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Armalite, Aero, AND Noveske are all made by the same people on the same machines.

From what I understand, Armalite owns the forge that forges the raw receivers and you can't just buy those from Armalite.

So Armalite, Aero, or Noveske, you're still getting literally the exact same thing. Just go with what's available and/or cheapest.

I have heard the same thing, but didn't mention it because I couldn't confirm it. If it IS true, by all means go with the Aero, as anything with "Noveske" stamped on it comes with an extra *premium* just for the name alone. Why? I have no idea. All their parts are made by outside vendors, including JD Machine in California. JD manufactures, among other things, the Noveske N4 lower receiver.

CHS
06-29-2011, 4:51 PM
I have heard the same thing, but didn't mention it because I couldn't confirm it.

Sheri Noveske told me herself :) So I do believe it.

If it IS true, by all means go with the Aero, as anything with "Noveske" stamped on it comes with an extra *premium* just for the name alone. Why? I have no idea. All their parts are made by outside vendors, including JD Machine in California. JD manufactures, among other things, the Noveske N4 lower receiver.

This, I agree with.

What I had said though, was Noveske is a possibility if you can't source an Aero.

Getting a Noveske locally may in fact be cheaper than paying transfer fees on an Aero found online.