PDA

View Full Version : Someone that can build a lower in San Diego help me please!!

Horer619
06-28-2011, 8:05 PM
Recently picked up a stripped lower and LPK that my friend was selling for cheap otherwise I woulda bought it complete. I SUCK AT BUILDING STUFF. So if any one knows a store or person able to assemble it for me in the San Diego area Id be very thankful. And before you say to build it my self, I tried. Nearly had an aneurysm gettin the magazine catch in and the trigger gaurd roll pin got stuck not even half way in. Please help point me in the right direction so I can get shooting! THANKS!!

Williexcited
06-28-2011, 9:37 PM
Parallax tactical Joe is the man. Be careful at parallax though, you might end up buying a lot more than you intended.

gun505
06-28-2011, 9:39 PM
+1 on Parallax Joe is the man

Jwood562
06-28-2011, 9:39 PM
I live near Long BEach but I will be in San Diego in a few weeks. if you do not find anyone to help I can do it for you

rareair
06-28-2011, 9:46 PM
If you still need assistance building your lower, PM me. I'm located in the Mission Valley area (near Qualcomm Stadium) and will be more than happy to help you build your lower. I've all the tools & have built several in the past few months. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get it all done. I'm available tomorrow after 2pm. Cost = ZERO. Just be sure to help a fellow Cal Gunner in the future

tomd1584
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
If you still need assistance building your lower, PM me. I'm located in the Mission Valley area (near Qualcomm Stadium) and will be more than happy to help you build your lower. I've all the tools & have built several in the past few months. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get it all done. I'm available tomorrow after 2pm. Cost = ZERO. Just be sure to help a fellow Cal Gunner in the future

Cheers...thats what calguns is all about! I lived near Qualcomm @ La Mirage before my fiance and I moved back up to LA. Loved that place, it's like spring break year round! :D

alpine600
06-28-2011, 10:21 PM
and if you somehow can't meet up...

here you go: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

I started out with a stripped lower just like you. I didn't have a lick of knowledge putting it together. I think that link is a sticky somewhere on Calguns. If you can follow directions, you can put it together.

you're welcome.

sunborder
06-29-2011, 12:05 AM
And there are TONS of videos on youtube that show the whole process.

I'm waiting for my lower to clear the 10 day wait. It was supposed to just be a lower that was on sale for $99 until I could afford the rest.....then it was a BB from DGM....and a LPK from Socal...and Pmags were cheap online...and what the hell, a stock from ebay....and flip-up sights off amazon....and Ammo was on sale at the El Cajon DGM.....and THEN I ended up at Parallax....OMG they had an even cheaper lower at $89 (kicking myself), so I had to buy a complete upper from them instead, plus snap caps and a brass catcher.....and WTF in one week I dropped a grand.

It's ok, though. The wife is going out of town for a month next week. There'll be plenty of time to build, sight in, and then annihilate watermelons.

mrvash
06-29-2011, 12:15 AM

Sir, people like you is why I love this foundation!

iskra31
06-29-2011, 12:33 AM
+1^^ to that!

rareair
06-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Cheers...thats what calguns is all about! I lived near Qualcomm @ La Mirage before my fiance and I moved back up to LA. Loved that place, it's like spring break year round! :D

Ambrosia Ave or Reflection Dr? Yes, it's always a party there with all the athletes & celebrities staying there. And the girlies..........oh yes the girlies :D

Maddog5150
06-29-2011, 2:09 AM
I work graves but if you are available in the late morning one of these days I can help you out. I'm in chula vista.

mlevans66
06-29-2011, 8:20 AM
I'm in O-Side so if you're by Iron Sights just pm me and I give you a hand. Takes about 15 mins with the right tools. Shoot, Iron Sights will even let us use there to get the job done.

john.t.singh
06-29-2011, 9:15 AM
+1 on Parallax Joe is the man

+3. I know a lot of SD calgunners drink the Parallax coolaid but... what I have found is sometimes you might be missing a part and its hell to have to wait for a replacement to come in.

Happend when I was building my stripped JD lower with RRA parts. I drove to Parallax and just bought the pieces their, and borrowed their tools which beat the **** out of mine.

Moral of story, you can build your lower in store, the guys are really good, and it's just handy since if you're missing anything you can just purchase then and their.

Horer619
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Sent some PM's. Thanks for the offers and the advice! God I love Calguns!

five.five-six
06-29-2011, 10:53 AM
do it yourself

http://spring343.pbworks.com/f/1272243570/so_easy_a_caveman_can_do_it_tv_show_announcement.j pg

GMG
06-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm in east county and can help if you need it.

I've built 5 lowers and have the tools.

tomd1584
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Ambrosia Ave or Reflection Dr? Yes, it's always a party there with all the athletes & celebrities staying there. And the girlies..........oh yes the girlies :D

Reflection Dr :D

The amount of Chargers cheerleaders living up there (at the time) was insane!