PDA

View Full Version : LWS M4 MOE Rifle thoughts?

baffomet
06-28-2011, 2:15 PM
I've been doing some research on my next purchase and came across the LOKI MOE AR-15 Carbine. It features:

16-inch Nitrided 4150 1:8 twist barrel with M4 extension
Hand stoned and creep adjusted 4.5-5lb single stage trigger
NiB (nickel boron) coated Bolt Carrier Group
M4 flat top Upper
A2 front sight post
Mid-length gas system for smoother recoil
Magpul MOE mid-length handguard, accepts rail sections
Magpul MBUS rear flip sight
Magpul MOE adjustable stock with strong A-design and rubber butt pad
Magpul MOE pistol grip, accepts MIAD storage cores
Ships with a lockable hard case, and a 30-round black PMAG
Life Time LOKI Limited Warranty

http://www.lokiweaponsystems.com/products/lws-m4-moe-rifle/

I'm not familiar with the company (though I'm far from an expert) and was wondering if anyone has fired/owns/knows anything about this company/rifle.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

locosway
06-28-2011, 2:20 PM
I'm not a fan of plastic sights, especially on a rifle. If you do end up getting it, sell the MBUS sights and get a quality rear sight.

I haven't read any reviews on LWS or know anyone who has one. The NiB coating is nice, and is one of the few things I wish my LMT had from the factory. Mid-length is the way to go, and the price seems great for what you get.

As for the barrel, it looks like the jury is still out on the nitrided finish instead of chrome lined. However, if it's anything like what Glock does then it should end up being fine.

locosway
06-28-2011, 2:20 PM
I'm not a fan of plastic sights, especially on a rifle. If you do end up getting it, sell the MBUS sights and get a quality rear sight.

I haven't read any reviews on LWS or know anyone who has one. The NiB coating is nice, and is one of the few things I wish my LMT had from the factory. Mid-length is the way to go, and the price seems great for what you get.

As for the barrel, it looks like the jury is still out on the nitrided finish instead of chrome lined. However, if it's anything like what Glock does then it should end up being fine.

IPSICK
06-28-2011, 2:25 PM
So far there are good replies from action shooters on Brian Enos forums for Loki. Supposedly the owner is very responsive to his customers. Call them direct and discuss exactly what you want for your rifle. They do make custom builds for reasonable prices afaik.

Scutler
06-28-2011, 2:27 PM
Looks like a good deal. I would sell the MBUS as well. IMHO the only advantage to the MBUS is its price. If you get this rifle I would sell the MBUS and get a Troy rear sight to replace it.

Arteel
06-28-2011, 2:29 PM
I've never heard of the company nor am I familiar with the nitriding process they use on the barrels or the nickel boron coated BCG.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come by and shine some light on this.

Just a heads up, I found the rifle for $100 cheaper here:
http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/loki/lws-m4-moe-rifle-5.56-16in-black/

locosway
06-28-2011, 2:36 PM
I've never heard of the company nor am I familiar with the nitriding process they use on the barrels or the nickel boron coated BCG.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come by and shine some light on this.

Just a heads up, I found the rifle for $100 cheaper here:
http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/loki/lws-m4-moe-rifle-5.56-16in-black/

NiB coating is a relatively new process that manufacturers are using. Fail Zero makes the product and it's great. It really reduces friction and allows carbon to not stick to any of the parts. Some manufacturers are claiming their guns can now be run dry because of this NiB coating.

As for the nitriding, it's what Glock uses on their barrels, but it's a departure from the traditional chrome lined barrels. If it is as good as Glocks then it will be fine, however I don't know if there's been any long term testings since the 5.56 obviously causes far more wear on the barrel than a pistol round would on a handgun.