PDA

View Full Version : CDCR Application Accepted! Process info?!

JayTee_IsMe
06-28-2011, 1:01 PM
Hey my CDCR App was accepted last week and testing starts 1-Aug-11 I guess. I've taking the practice test, seems pretty straightforward and "asvab-ish" which I did really well on. Do I get to schedule my test date and time or will they schedule one for me? Also, if I get the 85 or higher and pass everything after (pretty clear background, just a speeding ticket and red light ticket) that is that guaranteed entry to academy or what is the selection process if anyone knows?

And I put that I am avail for any prison, but what are the low manned ones like I could be at?

And another stupid question. Would having family in the prison system bar me or make me less desirable? I am nothing like them and joined the military, married and have a nice job and daughter.

Sorry if these ?'s have been asked before and seem a bit redundant.

Thanks in advance!

jksupplyco
06-29-2011, 1:07 PM
You will be scheduled for the written test, but don't be surprised if its delayed. Budgetary issues have pushed back current Academies, which puts the current applicant pool in a holding pattern. That may push back new application/testing/backgrounds. You are at the very beginning of a lengthy process, after the written, you will complete the Physical Abilities Testing, and a psychological evaluation. Then you will submit the info to start your background investigation. Depending on your employment/personal history, this can take up to a year or more.

Staffing levels at the various facilities dictate where your eventual placement will be, but typically, CDCR will try to place new Officers in the geographic location of their physical residence unless the individual requests otherwise.

Family members currently incarcerated in CDCR is not a disqualifying factor, but it MUST be divulged during the background investigation, on the Personal History Statement, and notifications have to be made to the Hiring Authority of the Facility where you will be employed. CDCR will make every effort to ensure that the inmate is not housed at the facility where a family member works.

Arias
06-29-2011, 2:35 PM
Not to be a downer, but a good friend of mine was going through the process and was sent an e-mail recently stating that they won't be putting academies on hold. Take it for what it is, things can change though, hopefully everything works out for you.

Factory2nds
06-29-2011, 9:02 PM