PDA

View Full Version : saiga build party !!!!!

kneedeep323
06-28-2011, 10:59 AM
In exactly 222 hours I will be the proud owner of my first rifle a saiga 7.62..... I now know the meaning of a 10 day wait! The anxiety f waiting is killing me! I've searched for a build party and couldn't find it .......any one of you saiga connoisseur's want to start one or point me in the right direction...........thanks a mil!!!

dk94044
06-28-2011, 11:06 AM
you don't need a build party because it's not as complicated as an AK build. Just a dremel and a vice.

you can get all you need at CSS
http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/StoreFront

or search the saiga-12.com forums

here is a step by step, should only take you a few hrs. Enjoy!

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/gunsmithing-troubleshooting/38577-saiga-7-62-conversion-tutorial-pic-heavy.html

dk94044
06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
if you like videos, here is a good one part 1 of several

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU96VbnSoTc&feature=related

kneedeep323
06-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the sources..... it just looks intimidating I am quite proficiant with hand tools but every mistake I've made was able to be replaced done over the craftsmanship that LOOKS needed for this doesn't look so forgiving......... but all in all if I screw up ill look to you guys for help thanks........

Shady
06-28-2011, 11:26 AM
where do you live?

kneedeep323
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Los Angeles / Culver city

CasualGT
06-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Super easy. I have no gun exp abd did it in few hours over two nights. Bought a new dremmel and a punch set to get it done. I used youtube and the guns and ammo book of ak vol 2 as ref. Good luck but you wont need it.

CSACANNONEER
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Los Angeles / Culver city

You're in luck. There are plenty of people here who can help you. First, you'll need to figure out exactly what you want to do to your rifle. It might be as simple as using bolt on parts or, you can get complicated and start chaning out gas blocks, sight bases, threading barrels, drilling new rivet holes in your receiver and plug welding the old ones, etc. Once you decide on what you want to do, post it up here and we will guide you and/or help you in person. Personally, I only own one Saiga and refuse to change it from stock. But, that's just me. If I had wanted it to look like a traditional AK, I would have just built another traditional looking AK. Many people don't want to go that route though.

kneedeep323
06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I want to convert this one to the traditional look...... when I say traaditi

kneedeep323
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry about that post got cut....... I want the traditional look with the gas tube. And the works...... I've checked ironwood designs but it never really tells you the dye patterns for the wood...... this is only one of 3 saigas on the list next is saiga 12 then 308...... can't forget the noveske either....... on a side note the guys at rifle gear are super super cool I expected them to be militant like most gun stores I've been to but they are miles Above the rest..... I was in and out within 15 minutes

Javi
06-28-2011, 1:13 PM
Here's a place that I'll be sending my AK-47 build to:

http://www.overlandindustries.com/kits.php
Saiga conversion pricing is in there.
I'll end up owning a Saiga and for that, I'll do myself. I'm not super proficient with tools but after watching a conversion series or two, it doesn't look bad at all! I plan on having that one all black & evil looking like the Arsenal's :)

SJgunguy24
06-28-2011, 2:01 PM
Here's a place that I'll be sending my AK-47 build to:

http://www.overlandindustries.com/kits.php
Saiga conversion pricing is in there.
I'll end up owning a Saiga and for that, I'll do myself. I'm not super proficient with tools but after watching a conversion series or two, it doesn't look bad at all! I plan on having that one all black & evil looking like the Arsenal's :)

So Overland can turn your Romy G AK 47 parts kit into an AK 74, intresting.

CSACANNONEER
06-28-2011, 2:50 PM
Sorry about that post got cut....... I want the traditional look with the gas tube. And the works...... I've checked ironwood designs but it never really tells you the dye patterns for the wood...... this is only one of 3 saigas on the list next is saiga 12 then 308...... can't forget the noveske either....... on a side note the guys at rifle gear are super super cool I expected them to be militant like most gun stores I've been to but they are miles Above the rest..... I was in and out within 15 minutes

You need to do a lot more research. There are easy ways to go about converting a Saiga and there are harder but more authentic ways.

hcbr
06-28-2011, 4:31 PM
Hey kneedeep323, pm me and we can have our own little build party going, my buddy will probably help me out with the power tools and such for doing so, but i too will be getting a saiga 7.62 and doing the conversion! I live in downtown LA, and work near brentwood so you're not that far from me.

let me know!