PDA

View Full Version : rcbs reloading equiptment.

1911whore
12-27-2006, 4:16 PM
I have about 1200 in my setup with dies and I am pissed. The powder drop tube broke today and a deprimer rod broke while sizing .308. How is RCBS in the warranty dept. I am only about an hour from RCBS I think should I just take it to them and will they replace it?

I am thinking of getting a dillon 55o or 650 any thoughts? I have a rcbs perogressive press right now .

thmpr
12-27-2006, 4:32 PM
I have not heard bad things about RCBS but on the other hand, I heard great things about the Dillon 650.... :p Seriously, RCBS has a great customer service! Personally own a Dillon 650.

1911whore
12-27-2006, 4:57 PM
i am actually thinking of a dillon. what are the pros and cons. it seems like you can dump a ton of money into a 550 just to get going. I have alot invested inb my rcbs stuff but I also see it looks like the dillon is quite complicated. I have heard it is simpler than my rcbs ammomaster. any insight would really help. can you load all rifle and pistol with a 550? educate me fellas I am tired of the rcbs

tankerman
12-27-2006, 5:28 PM
De capping pins are something that you should have spares around always, regardless of which press you have, also how did your drop tube break? If you dropped your drop tube I doubt they will replace it, they generally don't break on their own.

sargenv
12-27-2006, 5:37 PM
I own both tools and have been informed that both RCBS and Dillon are awesome companies to deal with. Give them a call or drop by and I'm nearly certain they'll fix you up.

Vince

kurac
12-27-2006, 6:50 PM
I have not had any problems with my RCBS equipment that were not Kurac relatated. I have only heard good things about their customer service so make sure you set a high standard when you call them.

Whitesmoke
12-27-2006, 7:33 PM
Decapping pins break occasionally...especially when decapping military brass. They are only like 25 cents to replace.

I'm sure a drop tube will be cheap to.... but RCBS has a good reputation for making things right.

JeepRescueService14
12-27-2006, 8:27 PM
RCBS customer service is awesome. I destroyed an expander ball and decapper assembly while extracting a stuck case. I now have 2 on the way from RCBS.
I'm just getting into reloading myself. Mannn.. Its time consuming if you want everything to be precise.

Blue
12-27-2006, 8:41 PM
I've got a Dillon 550 and it's kick ***. It doesn't auto-index like the 650 but I don't really need it to. The powder thrower is super accurate too. If you're not reloading for speed get a 550. You're looking at around $400 for the press with ONE caliber conversion. And at that price I don't know if they come with dies. If you search high and low and just wait long enough you'll find an affordable Dillon. I paid $235 shipped for mine with about 4k pieces of 45acp brass :D

JeepRescueService14
12-27-2006, 9:24 PM
I'd like a progressive but I like being able to cook up match ammo and load .50 on one press, so I'm stuck with an Ammomaster for now. Although in the future i'll probably get a progressive too. haha.
Nice score on the Dillon. I got a sweet deal on my press from a guy on Biggerhammer.

-hanko
12-27-2006, 10:59 PM
I have about 1200 in my setup with dies and I am pissed. The powder drop tube broke today and a deprimer rod broke while sizing .308. How is RCBS in the warranty dept. I am only about an hour from RCBS I think should I just take it to them and will they replace it?
I've never paid for broken decapping pins, a quick call to rcbs typically gets me 4-5 of each size. They've comped me a micrometer powder measure adjuster without too much groveling on my part.

My experience is that rcbs is as willing to help and as quick to ship as Dillon.

-hanko

Sheldon
01-02-2007, 4:45 PM
RCBS is great with replacing parts. No worries!!

JeepRescueService14
01-02-2007, 4:51 PM
Quick shipping too.. New expander ball and decapping pins in 2 days!

GW
01-02-2007, 5:35 PM
i am actually thinking of a dillon. what are the pros and cons. it seems like you can dump a ton of money into a 550 just to get going. I have alot invested inb my rcbs stuff but I also see it looks like the dillon is quite complicated. I have heard it is simpler than my rcbs ammomaster. any insight would really help. can you load all rifle and pistol with a 550? educate me fellas I am tired of the rcbs

Can't load 50 BMG on a Dillon (or any other standard sized press) but you can load anything else on 550 or 650. If you are just starting out with a Dillonthen I say go with the 650
Auto indexing is too convenient to not have and the case feed makes for high-speed bulk loading
Yet, as long as you are consistent with your stroke, you can make fairly high-quality match ammunition. No, you won't make the best IMHO but thats because of the powder measuring on any progressive, including the Dillons/RCBS/Hornady/Lee etc. That said for cranking out lots and lots of good, reliable ammo, you CANNOT beat a Dillon. And their customer service is second to none as is their No BS warranty.
No one regrets buying a Dillon

ps buy lots of extra primer tubes-Keeping a 650 stoked with primers is probably the biggest single factor in preventing you from cranking out 1000 rounds/hour.:D

metalhead357
01-02-2007, 6:05 PM
RCBS is great with replacing parts. No worries!!

+1 on that. Used to have a few guys working for me that had previously worked there; Bad attitudes, bad performance, etc. gotcha the boot REAL quick there (no, my guys left on thier own:p not by the boot).

Give 'em a call; should fix ya' right up.