PDA

View Full Version : need help with psl Shepard hook????

ls1ss
06-28-2011, 12:51 AM
i cant figure out how to instal the Shepard hook or what ever its called. its the long spring that comes in the kit and it doesnt seem to fit anywhere anyone have any pics

TacticalPlinker
06-28-2011, 2:03 AM
i cant figure out how to instal the Shepard hook or what ever its called. its the long spring that comes in the kit and it doesnt seem to fit anywhere anyone have any pics

If it's anything like an AK-47, it goes inside the receiver. It's used to hold the fire control group parts together (hammer, trigger, sear, dis-connector, etc.)...

Here is a decent video giving you the basic idea (on an AK)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXjebSTAAPM

TacticalPlinker
06-28-2011, 2:04 AM
Ugh... Delete... Stupid internet...

CptDan
06-28-2011, 7:31 AM

Are you talking about the spring that has a coil of wire at one end. That one wont work. Use the redstar plate retainer, AKbuilder is your friend.

ls1ss
06-28-2011, 9:34 AM
wont work at all. i have seen others use it and cut and bend it to hold thr ax pind but doesnt say why?

tujungatoes
06-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Are you talking about the spring that has a coil of wire at one end. That one wont work. Use the redstar plate retainer, AKbuilder is your friend.

^This.

Anything but the redstar plate is caca.

Full Clip
06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I modified a spare Krebs AK retainer plate for my PSL. That wire thing was a PITA.

b.faust
06-28-2011, 3:08 PM
Like everyone else said, ditch the wire and get a retainer plate from RedStar.

Quick FYI, odds are you might have to do a little dremel work to get it to fit properly, but don't panic, it's a VERY small amount if you need to do it at all.

If you're super desperate and don't want to wait you could try the old C-clip trick.

B.

ls1ss
06-29-2011, 1:19 AM
wow what is that spring even for? no wonder why i couldn't figure it out. i just used an old C-clip. thanks for alll the help.

tujungatoes
06-29-2011, 4:25 AM
wow what is that spring even for?

In the original configuration that spring retained the fcg pins. Since your receiver doesn't have the third hole it has nothing to ride on now.

ls1ss
06-29-2011, 12:15 PM
3rd pin? thought that was for full auto ak?

StupidMoFo
06-29-2011, 1:45 PM
3rd pin? thought that was for full auto ak?

psl has a 2nd safety sear that the batf does not allow so on the US receivers it's not used