PDA

View Full Version : geissele triggers..

cabinetguy
06-27-2011, 2:31 PM
so in my fairly long lr-308 build, ive come a little ways. I have a tm lower, a dpms sass upper, and now need a scope (in a while), buis, lower kit and trigger. I got a little money for my bday (tomorrow 31!) and am thinking of a geisselle trigger, but im not sure what one, and where. im thinking the ssa or ssa-e trigger, for $170 or $200 from geiselle, but i would like some input if you can. also looking for vendors that have them to give some love.
for those asking, the primary use of the rifle will be the range. the local range is 100 yds, but i can get to 500 yds at my folks ranch, and I would like to try to get to 1000 if i can. no zombie hunting, unless they cross the range, and i am pretty sure the local mall is less than 200 yds.
I looked at the graphs on geisselle's website, but they truly
mean nothing to me, as my finger has no scale nor micrometer attached.
ive heard you cant go wrong with geiselle, but which one and why?

mlevans66
06-27-2011, 2:49 PM
Get the SSA and call it a day. Good and will not brake the bank. Also where's pics of this rifle? :mad:

motorwerks
06-27-2011, 2:55 PM
I had heard to watch the trigger you put in a .308 because of bump fire (I still can not confirm or deny that a light trigger will in fact bump-fire so I sent Geissele an Email and this is how it went....

I just got a chance to use a friends gun with one of your triggers in it and loved it. I've been digging around and cant find any information on which one would work in a .308 rifle, in regards to popping .308 primers, and not being so light it will bump fire. Is there any that you can recommend or steer me away from one that may cause problems? Thanks in advance~Ben

Ben

All our triggers set off 7.62 ammo with no problems. If you want to always prevent bump firing do not choose the Hispeed Match, the S3G or any of the Enhanced triggers

William Geissele
Geissele Automatics

Their triggers are Buttery smooth with a candy cane break though. I still haven't had the money but when I do its going to be a Geissele. (or AR gold .308 because I like the simplicity and the gold trigger :rolleyes: )

hella agg
06-27-2011, 3:05 PM
Have an SSA-E for my .308 lower- haven't tried it yet but I'll be assembling the lower once a few parts come in. Should be around the time I get my upper back from kendog4570.

mlevans66
06-27-2011, 3:14 PM
I had heard to watch the trigger you put in a .308 because of bump fire (I still can not confirm or deny that a light trigger will in fact bump-fire so I sent Geissele an Email and this is how it went....

Their triggers are Buttery smooth with a candy cane break though. I still haven't had the money but when I do its going to be a Geissele. (or AR gold .308 because I like the simplicity and the gold trigger :rolleyes: )

I have the three gun match trigger and have had no "bump-fire" issues.

cabinetguy
06-27-2011, 3:39 PM
sorry no pics yet, see if i can post some, but it is the stripped lower and a upper as of now.. I dont think I need the high speed, is there a big difference on the enhanced?

cabinetguy
06-27-2011, 3:41 PM
my plans are of now a a2 stock, some buis, and a harris bipod. dpms parts kit. im hoping for under 1400 minus the optics.

cabinetguy
06-27-2011, 3:42 PM
im at $1000 minus those parts, and minus the trigger

motorwerks
06-27-2011, 4:14 PM
I have the three gun match trigger and have had no "bump-fire" issues.

Well that kills the theory of a 4lbs pull will can cause a pump fire. :D

JaeOne3345
06-27-2011, 4:24 PM
I run a "super 3 gun" for 3 gun competition and I have awesome split times, but have never had an unintentional bump fire.

shooterfpga
06-27-2011, 4:31 PM
his question was for a 308, because of the increased recoil as opposed to the 223.

motorwerks
06-27-2011, 4:38 PM
I run a "super 3 gun" for 3 gun competition and I have awesome split times, but have never had an unintentional bump fire.

in a .308?

vintagearms
06-27-2011, 4:42 PM
I'd suggest the SSA. Reason being is the second stage on some of the others is a bit light. Breaks like a carrot like they state. Even though they have a somewhat long reset, the others could potentially cause a bump fire condition if you don't hold the trigger all the way to the rear after firing.

Sacramento Black Rifle
06-27-2011, 5:30 PM
Call Nate at Sacramento Black Rifle. He will get you fixed up.

Group B
06-29-2011, 3:44 PM
I really like my Geissele SSA trigger, but I'm not using it in a .308 AR.

I can't describe to you the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E or SSA Enhanced, as I haven't actually felt the Enhanced.

I've heard great things about the Super 3-gun (S3G), which others have mentioned here, and is available with a curved or straight trigger. Unlike either the SSA or the SSA-E, it is a single stage trigger.

The S3G, SSA, and SSA-E are all non-adjustable.

I might replace my SSA with a S3G at some point, but I have an LMT MRP CQB Piston 16 carbine, with iron sights (for now), and I feel like going to a single stage trigger for it in the future.

My recommendation would be to go to a few different ranges & gun shops, and feel a bunch of different triggers, both single stage and two-stage, and see what feels best for you.

THT
06-29-2011, 4:52 PM
The difference between the E and the regular SSA is about a pound in pull weight with the E being lighter and a crisper break. Not as crisp as the S3G or the Hi-Speeds but noticeably crisper than the SSA. I have a number of demo rifles that are available for live-fire demo and build rifles with the different triggers so people can get a feel for what a $200 trigger feels like before they drop that much money on a FCG. So far, the SSA-E is favored by people who expect more precision and slower rate of fire type shooting while the SSA and S3G are the choice of people who plan on running around in high volume carbine classes. The S3G is typically used by the more experienced shooters as the lighter pull and single stage are a little daunting for the inexperienced.

cabinetguy
07-01-2011, 3:06 PM
well i went ahead and got the ssa-e from sac black rifles, as well as a lower kit and radlock. now i just need a stock and some irons, and im gtg untill i can afford a scope

HK Dave
07-01-2011, 3:25 PM
DONT DO IT!!!

The first time I bought a Geissele... it ruined me forever. Now I get em for all my ARs... thats a lot of money. :(

ArkinDomino
07-01-2011, 3:31 PM
I gotta agree with HK Dave. I cannot stand NOT having an SSA in all of my ARs.

RaceDay
07-01-2011, 3:35 PM
DONT DO IT!!!

The first time I bought a Geissele... it ruined me forever. Now I get em for all my ARs... thats a lot of money. :(

+1 to that. Stick with basic triggers. Once you have one Geissele, you are going to want to replace everything with a Geissele. I have a SD-E and S3G. Both are fantastic triggers.

Me and the wife built up a 16" AR for her with pink furniture. We took hers (RRA 2-stage) out along with my 14.5" with S3G trigger. After a few boxes each, we traded rifles. The first time she fired mine, she asked me "WTF kind of hair trigger do you have on this thing" :D

IPSICK
07-01-2011, 3:56 PM
DONT DO IT!!!

I'll find out soon enough. I ordered an S3G, but I will be comparing it to an AR Gold. I don't have any substantial experience with any other trigger.

cabinetguy
07-01-2011, 3:58 PM
im worried about the addictive properties, but i will do my best to avoid it. it will be another month or two till i complete my build and can get to a range, so who knows at that point. I am considering sending in the dpms trigger from the lower kit to bill sprinfield to work it over for my -15, but we will see.

GunSafari
07-01-2011, 4:07 PM
cabinetguy, I've got some real good deals on magpul stocks, and optics including iron from all the top makers if you know what your looking for.

rattlesnake_nm
07-01-2011, 7:30 PM
I know RRa had some problems with the earlier design, but I have the new nm trigger and I like it. I also have a gisselle ssa and ssa-e, they are great. Nothing wrong with rra nm now a days, and doesn't break the bank. RRA will replace it if You have any problems.