PDA

View Full Version : WTB Smith & Wesson Mod. 41

vrejshah209
12-26-2006, 11:56 PM
I am interested in local PPT in the Los Angeles area at Metroshot or Pasadena Turners, E-mail me pics, description and what you want for it. thanks

Jeffrock
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
There is one on consignment at the Reseda Turners.

COILSPRING
12-27-2006, 1:29 PM
I love model 41's. I would recommend trying to locate an earlier example with the loaded chamber indicator on the rear of the slide, they don't seem to go for much more than the more recently produced 41's. I have a really early 41 with the lightweight 5" sporter barrel I would consider parting with but I would need to do a bit of research to land on a fair value. Good luck with your search, 41's are ultra-cool... I currently have five, all early. Two A-prefix 5 1\2" heavy, the early 5" sporter, an extendable front sight, and a early (I think they are a 7 3/8" barrel??? can't remember) long barrel... You will not regret the purchase. Remember, buy quality, you will only cry once...

vrejshah209
12-27-2006, 6:46 PM
I love model 41's. I would recommend trying to locate an earlier example with the loaded chamber indicator on the rear of the slide, they don't seem to go for much more than the more recently produced 41's. I have a really early 41 with the lightweight 5" sporter barrel I would consider parting with but I would need to do a bit of research to land on a fair value. Good luck with your search, 41's are ultra-cool... I currently have five, all early. Two A-prefix 5 1\2" heavy, the early 5" sporter, an extendable front sight, and a early (I think they are a 7 3/8" barrel??? can't remember) long barrel... You will not regret the purchase. Remember, buy quality, you will only cry once...

You've got five! :eek: can you sell one to me?

COILSPRING
12-27-2006, 7:36 PM
You've got five! :eek: can you sell one to me?
Possibly. I would consider selling the early 5" lightweight barrel and possibly the 7 3/8 which is early and new in the box. I will have to do some checking to see what they are worth. Do you have a preference in regards to variation? I've always been perplexed why anyone would purchase a later 41 when good earlier ones are about the same price... Go figure. One more thing, you wouldn't have any high-end 1911's as trading fodder by chance?
Coilspring

vrejshah209
12-27-2006, 7:57 PM
Possibly. I would consider selling the early 5" lightweight barrel and possibly the 7 3/8 which is early and new in the box. I will have to do some checking to see what they are worth. Do you have a preference in regards to variation? I've always been perplexed why anyone would purchase a later 41 when good earlier ones are about the same price... Go figure. One more thing, you wouldn't have any high-end 1911's as trading fodder by chance?
Coilspring

pm sent