PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Sheriff uses profanity

Cactuscooler
06-26-2011, 8:16 PM
Hello,

I was at a party last night and the Sheriff's were called out. So 3 of them came inside the house and told everybody, to come into the living room.

The Sgt. Yelled at everyone to " Shut the F'up" then he started to ask for I.D to verify that we were all 21. I pulled mine out gave it to him. I answered all his questions with " Yes Sir" then he asked me how often i drink? I responded " daily or monthly sir?" Then he called me Ahole infront of the home owner and the guests. I told him i also had a designated driver driving me home and not to worry about a DUI.: I have Paramilitary training, so i was trying to be respectful and proper and it seems like he took it as being smart ***.

Should i file a compliant against his misconduct or just let it go?

Yugo
06-26-2011, 8:21 PM
sounds like it was a loud party and he wanted to get his point across for everyone to LISTEN UP. Let it go you will waist your time complaining and nothing will come of it. LEO are just people with a job its not like the LEO did anything that bad, so what he called you a name and told you guys to shutup not that big a a deal!

fullrearview
06-26-2011, 8:26 PM
It's not professional to curse, but SOME times, certain types of people only respond to such language... Not saying that is what happened here. Is there a history of parties/disruptive behavior at that residence?

Cactuscooler
06-26-2011, 8:32 PM
That was the first time i've ever been to that residence. My understanding is that the reporting person must sign for the 415, if they want Officers to shut it down on the first visit?

fullrearview
06-26-2011, 8:35 PM
That was the first time i've ever been to that residence. My understanding is that the reporting person must sign for the 415, if they want Officers to shut it down on the first visit?

:confused: May be a department policy to limit liability.

tyrist
06-26-2011, 8:50 PM

Not the law; possible policy.

tacticalcity
06-26-2011, 8:50 PM
Difficult call. It could be an isolated thing. A guy having a bad day and letting it get to him. It could just be a jerk showing off for the younger guys. Or it could be a sign that he's starting to loose his composure under the pressure of job and personal life. My first instinct would be to let it go since he didn't get physical with anyone.

Yugo
06-26-2011, 8:51 PM
Difficult call. It could be an isolated thing. A guy having a bad day and letting it get to him. It could just be a jerk showing off for the younger guys. Or it could be a sign that he's starting to loose his composure under the pressure of job and personal life. My first instinct would be to let it go since he didn't get physical with anyone.

Well said!

Ed_Hazard
06-26-2011, 8:56 PM
Not exactly a professional demeanor, but not exactly a heinous breach of the public trust.

Bud11
06-26-2011, 8:57 PM
Not the coolest move on his part. But, in 20-30 years you might be glad guys like him are out there. Tough call for sure. I'd let it slide this time.

bob7122
06-26-2011, 9:04 PM
let it slide. i can care less if you curse just don't do it infront of my mom or the kids and your gtg. besides, it was a party that was probably tooooo! loud (maybe). and if it was night time then i would be pissed too; ppl are trying to sleep, even if it is the weekend. imo if you want to party all night go to a club or rent a place that allows that.

if he threatened you with violence then you should say something.

Cactuscooler
06-26-2011, 9:06 PM
Yeah no doubt he seemed upset, i understand where the Deputy is coming from 100%. But it seemed like he just snapped, when other Deputies seemed more professional and polite.

hitman13
06-26-2011, 9:26 PM
WTF is paramilitary training? You either have been on the military or you haven't......

Also, he probably called you an AH because he felt like you were being one. You, as someone with an intoxicating beverage in your system, are not in the best position to argue that you weren't. The Deputy on the other hand will be able to articulate what he told you and precisely why.

You can go ahead and complain I guess, but you are wasting yours, his, and his supervisor's time...

Just my $.02

M.A.B
06-26-2011, 9:29 PM

lol good idea wait till he gets "physical" thennn report him wtf, you have report him no before he really gets out to hand. woww!!

shooterfpga
06-26-2011, 9:38 PM
i dont get what "paramilitary training" has to do with this situation, nor any other situation or why it would hold weight over him asking you questions.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

verapakill
06-26-2011, 9:49 PM
Paramilitary?? Are you talking about you were in Devil Pups or something?

If you complain about someone like that just telling you to shut the @$%& up and you were in any kind of military training then this should not bother you. Second off he is a Sgt, which means he comes from a better time in the police departments where you can do that. You dont have to bow down to a crowd of punk kids having a party disturbing the neighborhood because you are worried one of them has a cell phone and is going to put you on youtube 10 min after you leave. He could have cited the home owner and sent everyone home but he didnt so I think a tounge lashing is about the nicest thing he could have done.

Tacit Blue
06-26-2011, 9:57 PM
What a interesting thread this has turned out to be. Maybe next time you shouldn't hang out at a residence, and just goto a bar and have a drink?

All this could have been avoided. And of course remember to have a DD to drive you home. I do appreciate the fact that you were mindful of that Cactus.

Fspeed
06-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Hello,
I pulled mine out gave it to him. I answered all his questions with " Yes Sir" then he asked me how often i drink? I responded " daily or monthly sir?"

As someone who has given a smartass answer or two in his life, it seems like you got what you were looking for. If you're 21 hit the bar or keep it down. You're not 18 anymore. Some people have to work early. Daily or monthly, lol indeed.

You might get him a slap on the wrist if you complained.

Samuelx
06-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Everyone has the right to voice their concerns and/or file an official complaint about LEOs.

IMO, you should be man enough to be able to make up your mind without having to come here (or anywhere else on the internet) and ask....

yzernie
06-26-2011, 10:30 PM
A guy having a bad day and letting it get to him. It could just be a jerk showing off for the younger guys. Or it could be a sign that he's starting to loose his composure under the pressure of job and personal life.
Without having been there this is a very presumptive comment. :confused:

bohoki
06-26-2011, 10:47 PM
why were you answering any questions

always take da fifhttp://cdn0.sbnation.com/legacy_images/blackheartgoldpants/images/admin/Fif.jpg

RangemasterP226
06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
If you or your friend who held the party would have "Shut the F up" yourselves then the police wouldn't of had to come and do it for you.
Party calls are nothing less than a waste of police resources, young guys who think its their right to keep the neighborhood up all night after a dozen Buds. I can be pretty pissed when I go to one too. Why should the Police have to go to your friends house to tell him to stop being an a**? Shouldn't he or you know that already?????

ETA: I too am curious what your "paramilitary" training is?

oddjob
06-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I would just let it go. I mean look at this thread....in ear shot of a 6 yr old.....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=421865&highlight=cussing

yzernie
06-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Those of you who are LEOs should stop making assumptions and thinking with your emotions.
And another quote from you below.

And LEOs wonder why there is a divide between us lowly civilians and their damn high horses. You guys ever think it could be due to the way you treat us? Or is it all our fault?
You don't know me. You have no idea of my work ethic, the amount of education I have or the things I do for my community both on and off duty. For you to blanketly make condemning comments such as this one toward all of LEO is assinine on your part.

I have spent the majority of my adult life in this business doing the right things for people. Some of the decisions I have made were not popular with my command but they were the right things to do at the time for the poeple we dealt with. A lady traveling and stopped to get something to eat got her car stolen and had no way to get home so I had my deputy drive her 45 miles one way to make sure she got home safely. I'm sure some would want to bust my balls because we used county gas and a county patrol car to make sure this nice ole lady got home safe. I just get tired of people putting up blanket crap talk just because of the job I have chosen and am damn good at.

No matter what we do, we just cannot make everyone happy all the time. Sorry if you disagree but sometimes the truth and reality are harsh.

verapakill
06-27-2011, 12:04 AM

You don't know me. You have no idea of my work ethic, the amount of education I have or the things I do for my community both on and off duty. For you to blanketly make condemning comments such as this one toward all of LEO is assinine on your part.

I have spent the majority of my adult life in this business doing the right things for people. Some of the decisions I have made were not popular with my command but they were the right things to do at the time for the poeple we dealt with. A lady traveling and stopped to get something to eat got her car stolen and had no way to get home so I had my deputy drive her 45 miles one way to make sure she got home safely. I'm sure some would want to bust my balls because we used county gas and a county patrol car to make sure this nice ole lady got home safe. I just get tired of people putting up blanket crap talk just because of the job I have chosen and am damn good at.

No matter what we do, we just cannot make everyone happy all the time. Sorry if you disagree but sometimes the truth and reality are harsh.

Couldn't put it any better myself.

Mr310
06-27-2011, 12:51 AM
No offense but I find it laughable that you got your panties in a twist because an LEO called you a name. One that's barely offensive at that. It's like the guy that everyone knows that gets hit in the face and then tells everyone the next day all of the stuff that he could have done.

lavgrunt
06-27-2011, 1:16 AM

........Here we go !!!!

Hold on, fellas !!!

TrailerparkTrash
06-27-2011, 1:33 AM
Paramilitary training????? Asking if you should "tell" because a man used profanity on you??? Come on, is that your first time you've ever heard a cuss word?

You forgot to mention that at that party there was also plenty of underage drinking; there was a strong smell of burning marijuana in the air; several party goers had meth iin their coin pockets; a few scantaly clad underage girls had some ecstasy in their purses; the backyard and inside of the house was completely trashed with beer cans, urine and what not; the DJ was playing ghetto crap music and it was too loud; lots of cars were blocking the street and disrupting the otherwise peace & quiet of the neighborhood.

Yeah, so what, he cussed and got your attention. You're lucky he didn't hook ou up and take you to jail. Learn from that experience.

Falconis
06-27-2011, 1:36 AM
I'm still waiting for him to come back to explain para military training. Screw all the other people here, I expect that crap. I think the para military training thing is a new one.

Riflelover
06-27-2011, 2:00 AM
Tag to hear response to op, response to yzernies post, and ops respponse to wtf para military training is. I like where this thread is going!

Futurecollector
06-27-2011, 2:49 AM
Next time have the party at a friends house that is out in the country and you won’t be bothered. You can be loud and obnoxious all you want.

Otherwise be respectful of you neighbors, invite them to the party. This way they don’t call the cops on you.

DuWbkVsV7rM

It works for tim ;)

ironcross
06-27-2011, 2:52 AM
If you or your friend who held the party would have "Shut the F up" yourselves then the police wouldn't of had to come and do it for you.
Party calls are nothing less than a waste of police resources, young guys who think its their right to keep the neighborhood up all night after a dozen Buds. I can be pretty pissed when I go to one too. Why should the Police have to go to your friends house to tell him to stop being an a**? Shouldn't he or you know that already?????

ETA: I too am curious what your "paramilitary" training is?

Yeah, no doubt. I'd assume this wasn't the RP's first call to that LOI.

Most LEA here call them self 'Paramilitary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramilitary)'. The OP must of got that 'First Class training' :p.

You don't know me. You have no idea of my work ethic, the amount of education I have or the things I do for my community both on and off duty. For you to blatantly make condemning comments such as this one toward all of LEO is asinine on your part.

I have spent the majority of my adult life in this business doing the right things for people. Some of the decisions I have made were not popular with my command but they were the right things to do at the time for the people we dealt with. A lady traveling and stopped to get something to eat got her car stolen and had no way to get home so I had my deputy drive her 45 miles one way to make sure she got home safely. I'm sure some would want to bust my balls because we used county gas and a county patrol car to make sure this nice ole lady got home safe. I just get tired of people putting up blanket crap talk just because of the job I have chosen and am damn good at.

Couldn't of said it more clear. As that saying goes "To each, their own" I'd do the same as long I didn't hear it from Sarg :p.

ironcross
06-27-2011, 2:57 AM
Paramilitary training????? Asking if you should "tell" because a man used profanity on you??? Come on, is that your first time you've ever heard a cuss word?

You forgot to mention that at that party there was also plenty of underage drinking; there was a strong smell of burning marijuana in the air; several party goers had meth iin their coin pockets; a few scantaly clad underage girls had some ecstasy in their purses; the backyard and inside of the house was completely trashed with beer cans, urine and what not; the DJ was playing ghetto crap music and it was too loud; lots of cars were blocking the street and disrupting the otherwise peace & quiet of the neighborhood.

Yeah, so what, he cussed and got your attention. You're lucky he didn't hook ou up and take you to jail. Learn from that experience.

Sorry TT, that made my night! :D

Notorious
06-27-2011, 7:16 AM
You had "paramilitary" training? That could be anything from the boy scouts to Black Panthers to Al Queda to Firemen. Please define.

Also, never talk to da poh-leese!!!

jcoenenberg
06-27-2011, 8:50 AM
No offense but I find it laughable that you got your panties in a twist because an LEO called you a name. One that's barely offensive at that. It's like the guy that everyone knows that gets hit in the face and then tells everyone the next day all of the stuff that he could have done.

Lmao

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 8:52 AM
Cops don't always need a warrant.

Correct. If its a misdemeanor, it must be commited in their presence (for the most part). Thats when who ever answered the door opened it wide enough for them to see there maybe under age drinking going on. If its a felony call, they can go right in.

fullrearview
06-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Why don't you have him carry a video camera and a tape recorder like we do too? Oh yeah, carry the 15 pounds of junk on the belt, wear the 2 pound vest, and the polyester suit. Heck, might as well and just try and do the job already. Then run mouth after walking the walk.

I wish my vest was 5 pounds lighter!!!

fullrearview
06-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Honestly? File a complaint. If he worked at Home Depot, or Lowes or wherever, he would be fired. No exception here. Not called for.

Funny you mention that... I worked for Meeks Lumber right out of high school. We had a contractor come in, throw a fit and was being disruptive... He didn't cool it when he was asked to calm down so we could understand him... He got worse. When he was told to STFU or lose his account, guess what... He STFU and we fixed the problem for him. No one was fired.

Customer service doesn't mean you have to let people crap all over you, and in fact, some times they need and will be put in their place.

tylerderdan
06-27-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm guessing it went more like this...

The police responded to a party. The music was loud and the door was probably open. A few people including the author of the post were not cooperative and being a wise *****. The police reply in turn and put him in there place. They didn't cite anyone and actually did the party goers a favor. Now the party goers/ author are embarrased cause they were made a fool of in front of their friends...

And for the record, I absolutely hate the cop bashing! I work in executive security and deal with different agencies all over the place. There are a few bad ones, but most are good people trying to do an often thankless and impossible job. Additionally I know personally atleast 20 LEO's that volunteer in little leagues, soccer and football and willingly give of their time and money to help kids and less fortunate.

fullrearview
06-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Additionally I know personally atleast 20 LEO's that volunteer in little leagues, soccer and football and willingly give of their time and money to help kids and less fortunate.

LIES!!! Cops eat children!

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Funny you mention that... I worked for Meeks Lumber right out of high school. We had a contractor come in, throw a fit and was being disruptive... He didn't cool it when he was asked to calm down so we could understand him... He got worse. When he was told to STFU or lose his account, guess what... He STFU and we fixed the problem for him. No one was fired.

Customer service doesn't mean you have to let people crap all over you, and in fact, some times they need and will be put in their place.

It's the internet. Someone always has a story to counter your story. Without fail. Anyways..

LIES!!! Cops eat children!

Sometimes your wife's too. lol.

fullrearview
06-27-2011, 10:57 AM
It's the internet. Someone always has a story to counter your story. Without fail. Anyways..

Then why even go through the motions?:shrug:

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 10:57 AM

The police responded to a party. The music was loud and the door was probably open. A few people including the author of the post were not cooperative and being a wise *****. The police reply in turn and put him in there place. They didn't cite anyone and actually did the party goers a favor. Now the party goers/ author are embarrased cause they were made a fool of in front of their friends...

And for the record, I absolutely hate the cop bashing! I work in executive security and deal with different agencies all over the place. There are a few bad ones, but most are good people trying to do an often thankless and impossible job. Additionally I know personally atleast 20 LEO's that volunteer in little leagues, soccer and football and willingly give of their time and money to help kids and less fortunate.

My father retired as a LEO. I am 'ex law enforcement for the city. With that said. There are a few good people. There are. BUT! When your wrong, your wrong. Period. In my opinion, there is no need to say what he said. Regardless.

I have had people in the field flip the f*** out like nothing you have seen. I never once have lost my cool nor used four letter words to get my point across. I explained the law, the citation, and was on my way. It's called being professional. Curious, when that Officer was hired, did he say he uses four letter words to control a scene from time to time? ;) Doubt it.

I was reading on Yahoo news the other day. Lady brings to PD her teenage daughter. She was sending older males pics of herself. She needed help. Right or wrong (so save it). Daughter see the Chief walk out. He asked her to walk over to him. She declines, and runs. The Chief chases her through a park, and tasers her. The taser hits her in the skull, and actually penitrates her skull. No joke! She now has issues do to this. She had (I forget) 10-20 stitches in her skull and has issues walking. Justified? NOPE! It was a "FI", Chief, could have walked away and told parent to grab her if mom wanted help. But, to taser her? Really? To those who think this is ok, its not.

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Then why even go through the motions?:shrug:

Avoiding the honey do list (painting the hall way). ;)

You guys can attack me for agreeing with the OP. Its all good. My skin is thicker than that. It's my opinion the Officer was wrong.

fullrearview
06-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Avoiding the honey do list (painting the hall way). ;)

Likewise!:p

tylerderdan
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
My father retired as a LEO. I am 'ex law enforcement for the city. With that said. There are a few good people. There are. BUT! When your wrong, your wrong. Period. In my opinion, there is no need to say what he said. Regardless.

I was reading on Yahoo news the other day. Lady brings to PD her teenage daughter. She was sending older males pics of herself. She needed help. Right or wrong (so save it). Daughter see the Chief walk out. He asked her to walk over to him. She declines, and runs. The Chief chases her through a park, and tasers her. The taser hits her in the skull, and actually penitrates her skull. No joke! She now has issues do to this. She had (I forget) 10-20 stitches in her skull and has issues walking. Justified? NOPE! It was a "FI", Chief, could have walked away and told parent to grab her is mom wanted help. But, to taser her? Really? To those who think this is ok, its not.

Yep everyone has a story, lol!

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 11:14 AM
OP: Don't expect any sympathy from some of the guys here. If the cop committed a crime, some here would still defend him. Post in off topics or something.

Agree. Like many of us say on PM. Most agree so others will agree with them when they argue on a topic.

This photo says it all...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HyyDHyAwI6k/TQj135XnxkI/AAAAAAAALJA/fsmsb1T8obY/s1600/lynch%2Bmob.jpg

Yep everyone has a story, lol!

Sad to say were seeing more of this type of behavior. Curious, is it more of the times, or California, or?

Likewise!:p

Ya, she just checked on me. lol! I asked if I could put a security screen door on the bedroom door? My request was declined. :D

tylerderdan
06-27-2011, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=jeep7081;6667331]Agree. Like many of us say on PM. Most agree so others will agree with them when they argue on a topic.

This photo says it all...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HyyDHyAwI6k/TQj135XnxkI/AAAAAAAALJA/fsmsb1T8obY/s1600/lynch%2Bmob.jpg

Sad to say were seeing more of this type of behavior. Curious, is it more of the times, or California, or?

I think it is a little of both. Times are tough so everyone wants someone to blame, be it the cops, their neighbor, mortgage holder, whoever... Doesn't really matter anyway. I feel that if more people would focus on something good and take more personal responsibilty we would be a lot happier. But then again that might adversely affect my income, lol.

IrishJoe3
06-27-2011, 11:26 AM

:iagree:

I am willing to bet top dollar that in the vast majority of these "woe is me my rights were violated" stories, details are omitted or slightly modified in order to paint a one sided story that puts the storyteller in the best light possible.

And I say that becase I deal with that part of human nature every day, when investigating a conflict between two parties, each side does an excellent job of telling me a story based on the truth but that makes them the victim. There is a saying in law enforcement that there are three sides to every story; his, hers, and the truth. Problem with CalGuns is that we only have the benefit of hearing only one side of the story.

The the pitchforks-and-torches crowd hears that one side of the story,gets outraged and starts a lynch mob. Then the lynch mob gets outraged that the CalGuns LEOs aren’t expressing the same outrage, or are even, *gasp*, defending the other side! Meanwhile, the CalGuns LEOs, having seen this a million times take a neutral, “wait-and-see” approach and know that the story presented isn’t quite the bible truth, knowing that investigation in the matter will reveal the truth.

Of course, when the investigation, (which had all the facts of the matter, not the brief, emotional blurb as expressed on the forum) finds anything other than what the lynch mob wants, all hell breaks loose, and the keyboard commandos, who are high on bravado and low on common sense, are further convinced of police corruption, us vs. them, etc etc.

Its kinda a nasty spiral.

And to the OP, as a LEO I have told people to shut the f* up. Grandma asking me for directions, not appropriate. 6 pissed off gang members sitting on a curb escalating a situation that will very quickly become physical, totally appropriate use. Don’t confuse law enforcement with the customer service desk at your local mall.

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 11:34 AM

I am willing to bet top dollar that in the vast majority of these "woe is me my rights were violated" stories, details are omitted or slightly modified in order to paint a one sided story that puts the storyteller in the best light possible.

And I say that becase I deal with that part of human nature every day, when investigating a conflict between two parties, each side does an excellent job of telling me a story based on the truth but that makes them the victim. There is a saying in law enforcement that there are three sides to every story; his, hers, and the truth. Problem with CalGuns is that we only have the benefit of hearing only one side of the story.

The the pitchforks-and-torches crowd hears that one side of the story,gets outraged and starts a lynch mob. Then the lynch mob gets outraged that the CalGuns LEOs aren’t expressing the same outrage, or are even, *gasp*, defending the other side! Meanwhile, the CalGuns LEOs, having seen this a million times take a neutral, “wait-and-see” approach and know that the story presented isn’t quite the bible truth, knowing that investigation in the matter will reveal the truth.

Of course, when the investigation, (which had all the facts of the matter, not the brief, emotional blurb as expressed on the forum) finds anything other than what the lynch mob wants, all hell breaks loose, and the keyboard commandos, who are high on bravado and low on common sense, are further convinced of police corruption, us vs. them, etc etc.

Its kinda a nasty spiral.

And to the OP, as a LEO I have told people to shut the f* up. Grandma asking me for directions, not appropriate. 6 pissed off gang members sitting on a curb escalating a situation that will very quickly become physical, totally appropriate use. Don’t confuse law enforcement with the customer service desk at your local mall.

I agree with the three sides to every story. Taught the first or second day of class ;) I also might agree with your last statement (paragraph).

Also agree about the lynch mob, that's why I posted the pic :)

IrishJoe3
06-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I agree with the three sides to every story. Taught the first or second day of class ;) I also might agree with your last statement (paragraph).

Also agree about the lynch mob, that's why I posted the pic :)

We are more on the same page than I thought! :clap: :cheers2:

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 12:08 PM
We are more on the same page than I thought! :clap: :cheers2:

We are. As stated, I just think that Officer could have been more professional. Yes, I have been out in the field as stated and been professional when others probably wouldn't have.

Some can argue "would I say that to a 81yr old lady, no" would I "to 5 gang members, sure". I would then ask. Would you to those 5 gang members, if you had a field trip that day, and watching you was the city counsel, Mayor, A Judge, and your CO? Doubtful. Why not? I can answer, and say your trying to be professional while out in the field.

Remember, there is a difference as stated when using verbal commands to a 3x felon and a 21yr college student. I am with you there. I am. Sounds like we agree, the OP situation with the Officer wasn't warranted.

Don't get me wrong, do I use that type of language? Guilty as charged. But, I really do work on it.

I am sure many Officers will retire and say they never drew their weapon. Likewise, some will say they never had to use foul language to talk to someone.

That's all I am saying....:cheers2:

biochembruin
06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
There is nothing inherently wrong with an officer using profanity. It just depends how it is used, just the same as the application of force. Using "street vernacular" can be justified in certain situations to gain compliance from individuals before resorting to force.

Only the OP knows what happened, and if he wants to file a complaint (whether justified or not), he certainly can. But it does beg the question: Why even post whether you should file a complaint against an officer in a law enforcement forum? I'm positive the OP already knows he has that right, and probably already knows what he's going to do. Seems like he's fishing for a certain response from the resident officers. Seems like he succeeded, too. Time to let this pointless thread die.

center_x
06-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Wait.....hold on....you got cused at and slightly embarrassed? The world must be ending. Id think with all your paramilitary training, you'd be able to handle a few words. Guess not......

ckim34
06-27-2011, 2:37 PM
We are. As stated, I just think that Officer could have been more professional. Yes, I have been out in the field as stated and been professional when others probably wouldn't have.

Some can argue "would I say that to a 81yr old lady, no" would I "to 5 gang members, sure". I would then ask. Would you to those 5 gang members, if you had a field trip that day, and watching you was the city counsel, Mayor, A Judge, and your CO? Doubtful. Why not? I can answer, and say your trying to be professional while out in the field.

Remember, there is a difference as stated when using verbal commands to a 3x felon and a 21yr college student. I am with you there. I am. Sounds like we agree, the OP situation with the Officer wasn't warranted.

Don't get me wrong, do I use that type of language? Guilty as charged. But, I really do work on it.

I am sure many Officers will retire and say they never drew their weapon. Likewise, some will say they never had to use foul language to talk to someone.

That's all I am saying....:cheers2:

While I agree that the use of profanity isnt always needed, there are a select group of people who just dont seem to respond unless you are a bit more crude.

It would be ideal to have never pointed your weapon at someone or use profanity in LE but sometimes its just needed. Of course its just my 2 cents.

RangemasterP226
06-27-2011, 4:55 PM
Jeep7081, you were a city cop? After all you've seen and heard? Knowing the OP has a criminal record (check his other posts) and knowing how people lie on the internet, you take his side? I'm glad I never have to work a shift with you as a partner.

Notorious
06-27-2011, 5:53 PM
There are cities where you might not have needed to use profane language. I worked for an upper class retirement community and most of the encounters were with retirees or with young professionals in the city. We used kid gloves for the most part. That was life in that city.

jeep7081
06-27-2011, 7:03 PM
Jeep7081, you were a city cop? After all you've seen and heard? Knowing the OP has a criminal record (check his other posts) and knowing how people lie on the internet, you take his side? I'm glad I never have to work a shift with you as a partner.

Was I an Officer for the city, yes. Was my father? yes. Is my uncle? Yes. Is my father's uncle? Yes. I can go on, but there is no need.

Did I miss that he had a criminal record? I guess I did. Does it matter? Based on what he said, no. Is he any less of a human? Nah.

I based by comment and opinion on what was said. Lie or truth, how the OP posted it I feel the Officer was wrong.

Fair enough.

You can attack me all you want, my skin is thicker than that. I am a big boy. I am ok with it. Remember, it's just an opinion, and...the internet ;)

Samuelx
06-27-2011, 8:47 PM
I am 'ex law enforcement for the city.

I'm calling BS on that one... :rolleyes:

::CLICK::

Falconis
06-27-2011, 9:15 PM
Right, wrong, whatever. Like your *******s, we all have our opinions on this too. I'm still waiting for the OP to tell us what his para military training is. My bet is that it's the boyscouts. Everywhere else that I have been where a group has congregated for some purpose or another, cussing each other out was pretty much the norm.

But everyone wanting the officer fired for cussing, get serious. In every job I have held, that was a don't do it again at best. Hell I even got caught on tape for cussing and after a review board convened (yeah, it was part of a larger incident) all the commanders decided to ignore it and take it into context. I probably got lucky that time, but even if I had commanders hellbent on making an example out of me, that would have been an oral reprimand at best. Some departments even place cursing on their use of force continuum. Their view is that it's better to curse the suspect into submission than cracking his or her skull open and all those cases are taken into account case by case.

Everyone here with a holier than thou attitude and a hard on for cops needs to cool it. Yeah, my opinion is biased, but take this for what it is. It's not like the kid's skull got cracked open for no reason.

nagorb
06-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Since you like going back through my posts why not check those threads and read what the LEOs were complaining about;)

Not sure what that story has to do with anything, you don't know me, you don't know what I do or don't do. I never said you or LEO were bad I said the same BS many LEOs on this forum give whenever a LEO thread pops up.

I can give you a few stories about civilians acting politely to LEOs and them acting like dicks or escalating the situation. Would that prove anything? That no matter what you can't make LEO happy? No, it would prove some people are dicks.

You guys are worse than most of the non LEOs on this forum, but what can one expect from certain groups? See what I did there? Same thing you guys do in any cop “bashing” thread.

For the record, I think it would be a complete waste of time to complain, they have plenty of other more important thing to do. If the OP is worried about looking bad, the one using profanity is usually the one who looks bad anyway.

Axewound
06-27-2011, 11:27 PM
These threads crack me up.

Mr310
06-27-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't know about the rest of you *****es, but I ****ing love profanity.

wahzoo
06-27-2011, 11:51 PM

To the author of this thread, GROW UP KID!

Your lucky I wasn't there :43:

RollingCode3
06-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I wonder why non-leo members like to come into LEO forum to bash cops. We have way too many LEO experts in this thread.

TrailerparkTrash
06-28-2011, 3:27 AM
Funny, but some here say the cop "should have been more professional." Well, guess what? He was being absolutely professional. Think about this... By cussing, the brilliant Deputy Sheriff used "shock & Awe" at the party-goers and the OP.

The Deputy definately got the OP's attention as evidenced by the OP's question here on this thread. Look what the Deputy DIDN'T have to do: He DID NOT have to revert to a "greater means of force." He didn't have to use his PEPPER SPRAY, a TASSER, his BATON, a SAP, his BARE KNUCKLE FISTS, his GUN, or even his HANDCUFFS on ANYBODY at the party!!!!! That's brilliant AND... P-R-0-F-E-S-S-I-O-N-A-L.

The "cussing" got their attention and nobody went to jail! The party was over. How simple was that tactic he used???? He basically used "VERBAL" Gracie-Jujitsu ground fighting techniques on the party goers and the partiers "tapped out!" The all went home and saved themselves the headache of something worse! That Deputy should be thanked that nobody at the party got hurt or sent to the "house" (jail) that night.

To the OP: Who cussed more at the party??? the cop, or your fellow drunk and stoned party goers while mingling with each other? At these parties nowadays, with all of the tini-boppers runn'n around, coupled with the "liquid courage" (BEER) and "CHRONIC" in the air, don't ya'll listen to Eminem, Tupac and Snoopy-the-Dogg anyway? Isn't that type of music par for the course nowadays at parties nation wide???

I guarantee that the lyrics blaring out on the DJ speaker system for ALL of the neighborhood to hear, was nothing compared to the cop using his "cussing techniques" and only the volume of his "big boy" voice to get your attention and shut down the party peacefully.

Finally, my thoughts here are that the cop only said what all of the next door neighbors were wishing they could say directly to the party goers in the first place. That is, "Shut the F*** up, turn off the music and go home!!!!!"

Hasn't any of the "non cop" posters here ever had a time in their life when they just wished that the "calvary" (police) would show up to shut down a loud and obnoxious party on their block??? Obviously, there were no "adults" at the party in charge, so somone had to phone in the request to the police to shut it down. If the police had to show up to it, it was because a neighbor(s) complained. It's sad that the police have to show up to tell a house full of people to "shut it down."

The parties I've had at my house have always been respectful to the neighbors and I've never had to be embarassed by having the cops tell me to "shut it down."

....Yeah, go ahead and complain if that makes you "feel" better.

Bobby Ricigliano
06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Well the fact that you have "paramilitary training".. that changes everything.

lavgrunt
06-28-2011, 9:40 PM

I have had people in the field flip the f*** out like nothing you have seen. I never once have lost my cool nor used four letter words to get my point across. I explained the law, the citation, and was on my way. It's called being professional. Curious, when that Officer was hired, did he say he uses four letter words to control a scene from time to time? ;) Doubt it.

I was reading on Yahoo news the other day. Lady brings to PD her teenage daughter. She was sending older males pics of herself. She needed help. Right or wrong (so save it). Daughter see the Chief walk out. He asked her to walk over to him. She declines, and runs. The Chief chases her through a park, and tasers her. The taser hits her in the skull, and actually penitrates her skull. No joke! She now has issues do to this. She had (I forget) 10-20 stitches in her skull and has issues walking. Justified? NOPE! It was a "FI", Chief, could have walked away and told parent to grab her if mom wanted help. But, to taser her? Really? To those who think this is ok, its not.

HMMMM.......This personal story sounds vaguely familiar. Ddn't you get banned under a diffrent user name ?? Why was it that you're not a cop anymore ???

BTW, I was UTL the story you referenced on YAHOO!.........Got a link ???

lavgrunt
06-28-2011, 9:44 PM
Documentation is crucial, file a complaint and let the stack slowly build. Eventually it will build up and give their employer a reason to terminate without compensation(most peoples biggest fear). It doesn't matter if it was a fry cook at McDonalds, or the chief of police...documentation is the best way to hold a person accountable for their actions.

Hence the little notebook cops carry...nothing says you cannot do the same thing.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you ??

UHHHHH, yea......there actually is a HUGE diffrence between a McDonald's employee and a Chief of Police..........That was a really bad comparison..........

But hey, you go with the notebook thingy, Bro................

jeep7081
06-28-2011, 11:30 PM
HMMMM.......This personal story sounds vaguely familiar. Ddn't you get banned under a diffrent user name ?? Why was it that you're not a cop anymore ??? Answer: Wrong person. lol. Answer: Back injury.

BTW, I was UTL the story you referenced on YAHOO!.........Got a link ??? Answer: I PM'd it to you.

UHHHHH, yea......there actually is a HUGE diffrence between a McDonald's employee and a Chief of Police..........That was a really bad comparison..........

Lavgrunt, based on your replies above, you're a trouble maker. You'll be my first block. ;)

lavgrunt
06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by lavgrunt
HMMMM.......This personal story sounds vaguely familiar. Ddn't you get banned under a diffrent user name ?? Why was it that you're not a cop anymore ??? Answer: Wrong person. lol. Answer: Back injury.

BTW, I was UTL the story you referenced on YAHOO!.........Got a link ??? Answer: I PM'd it to you.;)

Okay....wrong guy......hope your back is doing better........and I got the link, thanks. Theres more to the story apparently............

Originally Posted by lavgrunt

But hey, you go with the notebook thingy, Bro...............

Yea, I call it like I see it. Especially when someone throws around FUD like they're some kind of 'keyborad expert'...........I make no apologies............

Lavgrunt, based on your replies above, you're a trouble maker. You'll be my first block. ;)

OH NOOOO !!!!.........NOT A BLOCK !!!.........HAHAHA !!! That's funny........rest assured, I will sleep very soundly even though you have blocked me..............

As far as your PMs to me go...........very high class..........You are gonna fit in just fine on the LE forums.........I hope your skin is as thick as you say it is............and I'm really not a 'trouble maker'.......okay, maybe a little.......but I don't back away from tools........FYI !!

Notorious
06-29-2011, 2:08 AM
You guys and your PM's, leaving the rest of us out of the fun.

lavgrunt
06-29-2011, 2:26 AM
You guys and your PM's, leaving the rest of us out of the fun.

Yea, well.....I don't want to embarass our 'new-thick skinned friend,' so his private messages to me shall stay private..........It's for the children..........Lets just say his comments were less than flattering and rather vulgar...........I deleted them..........

If he thinks I'm a trouble maker, just imagine what he's gonna think of you, 'IrishJoe' and a few others !!!!..........Is there a limit on how many users you can block ???!!!

Notorious
06-29-2011, 3:22 AM
Yea, well.....I don't want to embarass our 'new-thick skinned friend,' so his private messages to me shall stay private..........It's for the children..........Lets just say his comments were less than flattering and rather vulgar...........I deleted them..........

If he thinks I'm a trouble maker, just imagine what he's gonna think of you, 'IrishJoe' and a few others !!!!..........Is there a limit on how many users you can block ???!!!

You are the troublemaker!

I am a nice guy... I always keep my stuff constructive, helpful, and to the point without having to use excessive sarcasm or satire to get my points across.:chris::rolleyes::cool2::D:p

jerkyg
06-29-2011, 3:36 AM
It actually comes under Title 15...one can not use profanity in front of an inmate...and/or subject.

With that said...get over it. Get an education and get on with your life. Why you would even write on here because some cop cussed at you is beyond my me??? You sound like a little drunk a..ss.. Walk in his shoes for a day...and they call me jerkyg...I can see why he did so.

Stay safe...

jerkyg
06-29-2011, 3:37 AM
not my....but, me...

It actually comes under Title 15...one can not use profanity in front of an inmate...and/or subject.

With that said...get over it. Get an education and get on with your life. Why you would even write on here because some cop cussed at you is beyond my me??? You sound like a little drunk a..ss.. Walk in his shoes for a day...and they call me jerkyg...I can see why he did so.

Stay safe...

lavgrunt
06-29-2011, 4:49 AM
You are the troublemaker!

I am a nice guy... I always keep my stuff constructive, helpful, and to the point without having to use excessive sarcasm or satire to get my points across.:chris::rolleyes::cool2::D:p

LMAO........BIG TIME !!!!

guns4life
06-29-2011, 12:15 PM

That's what you took from my post? I guess the intended message went right over your head, Habibi............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

SVT-40
06-29-2011, 2:02 PM
It's all about time and place. Sometimes using profanity is appropriate sometimes it's not.

I remember on one particular occasion I had a new trainee with me. We were sent on a call of gang members drinking in the street. When we arrived there were some gang members in the street drinking. Not a big deal, but since a neighbor had called they needed to go back up into their yard.

My partner and I approached them and I told my partner (trainee) to handle it. He approached the guys and very politely asked them "Sirs, will you please leave the street and go back into your yard"?

I distinctly remember the looks on those guys faces. It was one of total disdain and disrespect for my trainee. In fact one of them laughed. My trainee looked at me over his shoulder with a "what now" look.

All I said was, " You heard my partner, "GTFO" of the street and go back up in your yard if you want to drink." In addition those words were in a very stern and meaningful tone.

Thats all it took.

Some in society just don't communicate like others. If you don't use their language they sometimes don't "get" the seriousness of the idea you are trying to get them to understand.

lavgrunt
06-29-2011, 9:58 PM
That's what you took from my post? I guess the intended message went right over your head, Habibi............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

Yup....apparently it did. But you know what? I owe you an apology, man.......I did come off a little 'harsh' and that wasn't cool on my part.............I'm sorry.........

.....But it was still a dum comparison !!!.......LOL !!!!

Hopalong
06-30-2011, 6:54 AM
I'm not a LEO, and I don't have a problem with anything that happened here.

Seems to me a guy would have to speak the language that the person will understand and respect.

Amy Vanderbilt may not approve, but until she walks a mile in your shoes (or anyone for that matter)

She can STFU.

I've never been talked to that way, not even close.

A few years ago, a couple of police officers drove out from AZ. to buy a Corvette I had for sale.

After a while , I had to finally say to them, "you don't have to call me Sir, George will do".

MIB
07-01-2011, 12:22 AM
This reminds me of that Geico commercial with the gunny. Sounds like he could use a kleenex, nambie pambie. ;)
We're still waiting with baited breath to hear about paramilitary training. I really hope he's not talking about zombie hunting or some stupid crap like that.

Bobby Ricigliano
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
The next time I have to go disperse a house party (probably tonight..) I will be extra vigilant of the fact that there may some serious operators with paramilitary training milling about. Watch your 6 at those keggers, boys!

George Loony
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM
What if someone mouthed BACK? People running around with firearms and AUTHORITY MUST be held to a higher standard.

Falconis
07-03-2011, 11:57 PM
What if someone mouthed BACK? People running around with firearms and AUTHORITY MUST be held to a higher standard.

we are. get a grip. sometimes being a boyscout doesnt cut it.

pbsmind
07-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Hello,
... then he asked me how often i drink? I responded " daily or monthly sir?" Then he called me Ahole infront of the home owner and the guests...

How is that not a stupid response? The amount you drink determines the time frame... If you drink 4 times a month you're not going to say "I drink 4/30th a day SIR!"

Also cops cuss, just like people cuss, and like already mentioned above some people don't get it unless you speak their language.

George Loony
07-04-2011, 12:12 AM
we are. get a grip. sometimes being a boyscout doesnt cut it.

Look, I'm ambivalent about LEOs. I've known good ones, and I've known some badge happy jerks. Every LEO I ran across when I was driving big trucks has been really cool, except one inbred bumpkin AK trooper manning a weigh station.

My point is this: If you HAVE to be a "non boy scout" due to the situation, GO for it.
Otherwise, there is NO EXCUSE to be a jerk. You probably have 3 weapons reasonably close at hand, and a BUNCH of buddies a radio call away.

Don't expect ME, as a LAC (Law Abiding Citizen) to pay for your bad day. I'm not going to give any attitude until I get undeserved attitude.

K?

nagorb
07-04-2011, 1:32 AM
So much Assumption in this thread its amazing.

Falconis
07-04-2011, 1:57 AM
Look, I'm ambivalent about LEOs. I've known good ones, and I've known some badge happy jerks. Every LEO I ran across when I was driving big trucks has been really cool, except one inbred bumpkin AK trooper manning a weigh station.

My point is this: If you HAVE to be a "non boy scout" due to the situation, GO for it.
Otherwise, there is NO EXCUSE to be a jerk. You probably have 3 weapons reasonably close at hand, and a BUNCH of buddies a radio call away.

Don't expect ME, as a LAC (Law Abiding Citizen) to pay for your bad day. I'm not going to give any attitude until I get undeserved attitude.

K?

Your opinion. You're allowed to have it. I just don't see where everyone comes from that wants to spout off how a cop should act and behave at all times. Your opinion is that this cop should have remained a boy scout. There are opinions that differ. Ok now we are past that.

To me it was reasonably established that there was one side written to this story and everyone seems to be reading into it.They also deem themselves important enough to weigh in on the subject even though they weren't there. They also seem to want to blow this way out of proportion.

How's this for the other side as long as we are all reading into things and making other assumptions. A cop that responds to a party, even with 2 back up officers are probably outnumbered anyways. They don't know how drunk the kids are or what they will do in a moment of stupidity. One kid decides to test the officers patience with a smart *** remark and the deputy decides to use words that apparently hurt the feelings of others rather easily to get his attention and make others think about their actions. In the end, things apparently worked out cause it didn't sound like the kid decided to give any other smart *** answers.

Was that the only route? No. But it was the one the deputy took. You want to refocus your energies and maybe post something towards the kid about his attitude since that what seems to have started the whole thing or do you want to take out your road frustrations out on us even further?

Falconis
07-04-2011, 2:17 AM
My point George, you weren't there, you don't know the other side of the story, and you failed to mention any other insight you may have.

I'm not going to disagree with anything you said above other than it may not apply to this situation. I'm willing to bet it may not apply to this situation.

Others may call me biased in siding with the officer even with this one sided story. But situations are also known to go sideways rather quickly unless the officer(s) maintain control ASAP. To you that may mean one thing. To the guy that is in the middle of a bunch of drunk teenagers and dealing with the situation himself, it means something else.

Cops here and almost everywhere understand this. Well cops that have worked. Hell even some military guys understand this in one form or another. Just saying that anyone that wants to criticize anyone may want to take a sec and evaluate the full landscape first.

negolien
07-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Hello,

I was at a party last night and the Sheriff's were called out. So 3 of them came inside the house and told everybody, to come into the living room.

The Sgt. Yelled at everyone to " Shut the F'up" then he started to ask for I.D to verify that we were all 21. I pulled mine out gave it to him. I answered all his questions with " Yes Sir" then he asked me how often i drink? I responded " daily or monthly sir?" Then he called me Ahole infront of the home owner and the guests. I told him i also had a designated driver driving me home and not to worry about a DUI.: I have Paramilitary training, so i was trying to be respectful and proper and it seems like he took it as being smart ***.

Should i file a compliant against his misconduct or just let it go?

LOL ya sure I believe that....:beatdeadhorse5::lurk5::troll:

jeep7081
07-04-2011, 1:14 PM
I think that about sums it up.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/smilies/beatdeadhorse5.gif

762.DEFENSE
07-04-2011, 1:24 PM
WTF is paramilitary training? You either have been on the military or you haven't......

Also, he probably called you an AH because he felt like you were being one. You, as someone with an intoxicating beverage in your system, are not in the best position to argue that you weren't. The Deputy on the other hand will be able to articulate what he told you and precisely why.

You can go ahead and complain I guess, but you are wasting yours, his, and his supervisor's time...

Just my $.02

HIG541
07-04-2011, 3:38 PM
[QUOTE=Notorious;6666367]You had "paramilitary" training? That could be anything from the boy scouts to Black Panthers to Al Queda to Firemen. QUOTE]

or police:)

bodger
07-04-2011, 3:53 PM
I gotta know what Paramilitary Training is. This killing me.

Notorious
07-04-2011, 4:29 PM
[QUOTE=Notorious;6666367]You had "paramilitary" training? That could be anything from the boy scouts to Black Panthers to Al Queda to Firemen. QUOTE]

or police:)

I didn't say police because I figured if he was a cop, he would have not even asked this assinine question because he would know better to even have gotten in that situation.

Or... maybe he did have the training as in he signed up for the academy but failed 2 days into it or couldn't get hired or whatever and now harbors a deep seated envy and longing for the job which manifests itself as smart assed sarcastic hate.

RangemasterP226
07-04-2011, 5:39 PM
OP Cactuscooler sooooo MIA in this thread.

SVT-40
07-04-2011, 5:59 PM
OP Cactuscooler sooooo MIA in this thread.

If you checked for the subjects of his other posts you might find out why.

Apparently he has a criminal history which would preclude him from joining the US military.

He also wants to join the French foreign legion....;);)

Falconis
07-04-2011, 8:09 PM
So para military training + criminal history = ?????

Notorious
07-04-2011, 10:23 PM
So para military training + criminal history = ?????

Well, those fire camps or honor camps do have a fairly regimented order in the way they have their guests do the work.

lavgrunt
07-04-2011, 11:21 PM
He also wants to join the French foreign legion....;);)

What's wrong with that, Jim !!??

I wanted to be a 'starship trooper' at one time, but my flat feet disqualified me..........D'OH !!!

Ron-Solo
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
What's wrong with that, Jim !!??

I wanted to be a 'starship trooper' at one time, but my flat feet disqualified me..........D'OH !!!

:rofl2:

Or it could be the Jedi Academy at Disneyland.

Notorious
07-05-2011, 12:44 AM
:rofl2:

Or it could be the Jedi Academy at Disneyland.

Let's give the guy some credit... It could be an intense 16 hour security guard course where he learned to ask people where they're going and then just wave them on.

Or he went to bounty hunting school where he learned to buy imitation swat gear and hang a big OC spray can off his leg like Dog.

By the way, I am a proud graduate of the jedi academy. It's was my favorite xBox game.

STAGE 2
07-05-2011, 1:12 AM
Regardless of the exploits of the OP, there is no excuse for a cop to be unprofessional. There are plenty of leo's who get the job done day after day without dropping F bombs.

biochembruin
07-05-2011, 1:23 AM
And now, we're back to square one. I told you guys this pointless thread should have died!

Falconis
07-05-2011, 1:27 AM
Regardless of the exploits of the OP, there is no excuse for a cop to be unprofessional. There are plenty of leo's who get the job done day after day without dropping F bombs.

Really? What are your qualifications to make that statement? and where was the F bomb dropped in here?

Falconis
07-05-2011, 1:30 AM
actually forget I asked anything. It'll just drag out this pointless thread ....

Samuelx
07-05-2011, 1:36 AM
actually forget I asked anything. It'll just drag out this pointless thread ....

I respectfully disagree on "pointless" - I've added a couple more to the old Ignore list... :p

Falconis
07-05-2011, 1:41 AM
i'd prefer if people would just get banned from this forum.

STAGE 2
07-05-2011, 1:38 PM
Really? What are your qualifications to make that statement? and where was the F bomb dropped in here?

Other than half a family of LEO's as well as being an attorney, just common sense. People would be outraged if their doctor, bank teller, professor, attorney, etc told them to STFU and called them an ahole. Its simply unprofessional and uncalled for and there's no reason for it, especially considering if the situations were reversed it could possibly get someone arrested for disorderly conduct.

Now I realize that cops deal with things that other professions dont. But thats why we allow them batons, tazers, firearms, OC, backup, dogs, the color of law and the rest. If you can't get the job done with those things then you're doing it wrong because I know several exceptional officers that do just that.

Falconis
07-05-2011, 2:49 PM
Ok, now that we've established something Mr Armchair QB,

Having half your family being cops means nothing. I usually hear that excuse coming from someone I am usually arresting. Just because you have them in your family doesn't mean you understand anything. You may have sympathy or some other emotion, but it ends there. Also being an attorney is a way different job than being a cop. We may have paths that occasionally cross, but the similarities end there. Also, in the above professions you mentioned, people go to them. Cops usually respond to people who don't want them there.

One of the advantages those other professions have, along with yours, is that we don't have what I call a sterile environment. It's dynamic.

In this particular situation, would you rather have the cop let it get out of hand, a mass riot begin, so the cop can use the tazer, OC, dogs, backup in full riot gear, and all that other crap? Are you aware that certain departments specifically put swearing in their use of force continuum with the thought further escalation can be avoided? The above example is an exaggeration, I know it.

I'm not saying swearing is appropriate for every situation. In this case, we only know one half of a very biased story. We don't even know that he is telling the whole truth. I am willing to bet he isn't. You? We don't know about the background activity, the numbers of people, or the mood of the environment. Way I see it, like a lot of other people here mentioned, the situation was resolved without incident. No tazers, batons, water guns, back up, or dogs even. Just one hurt feeling.

Also what do you really know what and how the officers do their jobs on a daily basis? The ones you mentioned above? Ever occur to you that they may not tell you everything? I know officers just like the ones you described. Also I remember hearing one spout off how he never had to pull his gun in his 30 year career. He worked for a major city too. When I talked to some of his cohorts, I also got a different picture than the one that cop painted. Unless you've worked next to your family members as their partners, that comment doesnt hold any water either with me.

To me it seems your logic is flawed and your qualifications are non existent. Your opinion as a lawyer is just that. An opinion. This is a case where I would give a private who just got back from combat in Iraq more creedence than you. His experiences would probably pertain to this situation more than any of yours would.

But to be fair, I know plenty of Police Administrators that would agree with you down to the last point. You want to argue your common sense next?

Samuelx
07-05-2011, 2:56 PM
Other than half a family of LEO's as well as being an attorney, just common sense. People would be outraged if their doctor, bank teller, professor, attorney, etc told them to STFU and called them an ahole. Its simply unprofessional and uncalled for and there's no reason for it, especially considering if the situations were reversed it could possibly get someone arrested for disorderly conduct.

Now I realize that cops deal with things that other professions dont. But thats why we allow them batons, tazers, firearms, OC, backup, dogs, the color of law and the rest. If you can't get the job done with those things then you're doing it wrong because I know several exceptional officers that do just that.

Wow, spoken like a true Never Been There, Never Done That But I KNOW How It SHOULD Be Done kinda guy... Does it ever get old, being as "blissful" as you are? :rolleyes:

jeep7081
07-05-2011, 3:56 PM
It's funny you bring up Police Admin's. Being 'ex law enforcement I called my uncle who is actually a Police Admin. For *** & giggles I read him the thread over the long weekend. We both agree (as I said before) with the facts stated (which is one sided I know) we don't think the language was called for. I can get a 3rd opinion from my father who is a retired LEO? Would it matter? Nah.

All these posts are just that....posts (opinions). My opinion is, it wasn't called for. What's it worth? Nothing.

For the record, the OP is MIA, leaving fellow LEO's to argue if one is right over another. Just saying...

jerkyg
07-05-2011, 4:05 PM
You sir...

Are so clueless...being an attorney qualifies you to nothing regarding being an LEO...family or not. With your logic, I should instead of using forceful language...I should hit them with my baton or taze them.

I can remember numerous times that forceful language got the job done. For example, when I was a rookie and saw several dirt bags hanging in an area they were not to be. I politely asked them to leave..."gentlemen, you need to leave this area." They looked at me and continued to do what they were doing. I am thinking..."I am the police"...thus, they should leave. I again stated the same...and they did not even look at me. I then said in a louder voice that if they did not get the F out of here...I would drag their sorry a.s.ses the F out of here and take them to jail...they all looked at me and left. Unprofessional? Maybe in your attorney mind I was wrong...but, it worked and I learned a valuable lesson. Sometimes one needs to come down to their level to make a point. Because, that is how they talk to each other.

Enough said...

Stay safe...