PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME SPEND THAT $$$ TIME

Maton
06-25-2011, 11:37 AM
So I have until monday to submit requests for items I need for the range/firearms. Can anyone give me some ideas. So far my list goes something like this...

vtak slings, weapons cleaning kits, armorers m4 kit, magpul mags, rails grips and pelican cases for HK UMP, sharpie markers, surefire batteries, range bags for the FI's, staple guns, targets, AR front sight tool, dump pouch, weapon catch, some shades for the FI's, laser bore sighter, blackhawk serpa holsters/weapon lights for FI's, gerber weapons tool, bladetech single mag pouch for duty belt.

I need some more ideas, I'm running low. Remember when someone from the department orders something and it makes it's way to the field and everyone is like ...WTF is this *****!!! Who the hell ordered this junk?!? It's usually stuff that isn't field tested, or just plain retarded and ends up being a wast because no one uses it. Well....I have an opportunity to make the call on what gets ordered being that our main guy is out and i'm fillin in. I'm from the field so I know what works and what doesn't. Help me out brothers with a few more ideas. Thanks in advance.

AJAX22
06-25-2011, 11:54 AM
how much leeway/budget do you have to play with? and what platforms are you shopping for?

BigDogatPlay
06-25-2011, 12:08 PM
We used to call the end of FY, gotta spend every last dime of budget, "toy time".

Armorer kits / tools for all supported platforms = good.

A bulk order of targets for future training... shoot / no shoots, tombstones etc.

How much ammo is in the armory now? :D

Drag bag / mats for rifles, if not already in inventory.

Reactive targets, if you don't have them already. Steel, poppers, etc.

As to stuff like cleaning kits, supplies and what nots, go based on your inventory now. You can never have enough cleaning supplies, IMO.

Maton
06-25-2011, 12:28 PM
how much leeway/budget do you have to play with? and what platforms are you shopping for?

We use the 870, colt m4, h&k UMP 40, and HK p2000. My limit is three thousand, but I have multiple orders that are all of course under 3thousand. It's one of those "send us your requests, and we'll see what we decide" kinda deals. I asked to be part of the decision in what gets approved but we'll see. Yes it is kind of "toy time" one of the "spend this money or we're gonna lose it" deals. I will add some cleaning supplies, patches, etc. Keep the ideas rolling in.

Screwtape52
06-25-2011, 4:23 PM
Snap Caps, bore snakes, ear pro for FI's, barriers for combat course shooting. Just some thoughts.

Roddd
06-25-2011, 5:33 PM
I like the barriers and the reactive steel target ideas.

AJAX22
06-25-2011, 7:09 PM
Just a thought but how are you fixed for suppressors? They make life a helluva lot more pleasant on the range.

1911su16b870
06-25-2011, 9:14 PM
Mojo industries first aid kit for the range. <-IMO every range should have this

Cleaning supplies...BULK wooden cotton swabs, MPro7, simple green, OTIS clp/Breakfree clp, rubber gloves, patches, bronze brushes, cleaning rods.

Specialized Armament M16 armorer kits

Targets with various photos and threats that your patrol guys have not seen yet. Give them some new shoot/no-shoot qualification targets.

Every long gun should have a sling. If you have front and stock attach points, the $8 Blackhawk nylon jobs should do the job and give you extra $ for other items!

Every SWAT item should have a pelican/storm hard case. Every team member should have all his gear in a bag with him at all times for call outs.

Sharpie markers in black and silver. Baby wipes and Clorox wipes. FIs should have quality eye and ear protection. Money to make or buy FI red guns for demo/training purposes.

Just a few off the top of my head...

Tallship
06-26-2011, 8:13 AM
Regular ear muffs for the shooters and MSA electronics for the instructors. There's $1K for ya. Oh, and a case of foamies for the guys who say they can't get their cheek down on the 870 because of the muffs :nopity: