PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory..tisk tisk

rodeoflyer
06-24-2011, 9:31 PM
So here I am building 2 lowers tonight to go shoot on Sunday. BOTH of my PSA lower parts kits are missing the selector, and one is missing the buffer retainer spring.

I'm sure they will make it right, but I'm still pissed and everybody should know about it.

BANG BANG
06-24-2011, 9:34 PM
That sucks, it sucks even more since you wanted to go shoot Sunday !!

terry4130
06-24-2011, 9:39 PM
Bummer. They should be really cool. I purchased my parts kit from them with their h buffer. It was the kit that had the magpul stock. I talked to the after I ordered it online and they were extremely helpful as this was my first build. Great deals too

mlevans66
06-24-2011, 9:40 PM
Yes sir, you've been set up to fail. I would be pissed, too.:13: Did you call them and get the stuff you're missing?

Gunfighter420
06-24-2011, 9:41 PM
Where abouts are you in So.Cal? I'm in Temecula. I received my Palmetto LPK last Tuesday and I thought I was missing the safety selector pin. After 15 minutes of looking for it gong through the parts kit over and over and over again, I found it on the floor. I was being careful dumping everything out and it found its way somehow on the carpet. If you're in San Diego, try Parallax. They sell all the LPK parts individually if you can't wait for Palmetto to ship you one.

ohlone
06-24-2011, 11:36 PM
i am waiting for their lpk too, hope everything will be in there...
in fact, i hope the selector will be missing and they can give me other parts to make it up... since i am a lefty and will use ambi selector anyway, LOL

G1500
06-24-2011, 11:42 PM
I just bought 3 LPKs from them. I thought I was missing some parts while going through them, but found pins and detents stuck up under the trigger, and a tigger spring stuck in the pistol grip.

They seem a lot better than the DPMS bagged kit I got.

Hoop
06-25-2011, 6:53 AM
I hate when people do this. Call them on the phone and give them a chance to make it right; if they don't then you can whine, piss and moan over a couple bucks' worth of parts (that another calgunner would probably give you for free).

FourLoko
06-25-2011, 7:20 AM
evidently it happens, the kit I received was complete

try not waiting until the last minute and take inventory before hand

rodeoflyer
06-25-2011, 7:27 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me? Did either of you READ my post? Yes, I'm sure they will make ir right. As slow as PSA tends to ship, I just might have my missing pieces by NEXT weekend.

"Waiting until the last minute" - what's that supposed to mean? It's not my job to take inventory before hand, and exactly what do you consider ample time? I've spent a LOT of money there, and have every reason to expect a complete order.

FourLoko
06-25-2011, 7:33 AM
yep, keep whining if it makes you feel better

doesn't take long to glance in a bag when you get it to notice something as large as a selector is missing

bombadillo
06-25-2011, 7:35 AM
They'll fix it. Great company to work with, I've put together 4 of their LPK's now and NOTHING has come in missing so you must have got all the freaks.

Cen Cal Gunner
06-25-2011, 7:36 AM
I can understand maybe missing a part from 1 lpk but from both thats unexceptable id be pist to!

joesmoe282000
06-25-2011, 7:38 AM
It happens alot with parts kits no matter who you get one from, hell I've even ended up with almost double the parts in a kit before.

xbimmers
06-25-2011, 7:47 AM
I've gotten extra parts several times. Never a missing part.......yet!!!

rodeoflyer
06-25-2011, 7:54 AM
I'm sure it happens and that's fine. When the same part is missing from multiple kits it's an indicator that there could be a bunch that went out that way. This thread was intended as a heads up for others that may have bought PSA kits in the last couple weeks.

And - yeah, to vent a little too. PSA always ships slow, so I will have to wait. I didn't say I won't buy from them again - I will. Everything else has been good with them. Just because **** happens doesn't mean I don't have the right to be irritated. I'm still the customer afterall.

97F1504RAD
06-25-2011, 8:29 AM
So you are a human being that is perfect and never makes a mistake right?

Yeah it sucks that a part is missing but to make a post bad mouthing them and you have not even given them the opportunity to make it right seems a bit out of line. And it is your job to make sure that you received all the parts or items in your order.

So your telling me you never bother to check to make sure all the things you place orders for arrive. You just assume that no one can make a mistake and miss something?

Go back and reread your OP it looks as though your trying to tell everyone that PSA is bad news.

Maybe something along the lines of

"Hey guys just a heads up to all who may have recently purchased a PSA LPK you might want to double check your bag as I purchased two and they are both missing the Selector"

Just saying.

I took your post as a dig at PSA and saying they are bad to do business with and it appears that some others did as well.

Maybe make a post and see if a local CGN'er has one they can let you have so you can still shoot on Sunday and then give them the one that PSA send you as a replacement.

rodeoflyer
06-25-2011, 8:35 AM
I'd you miss the part of my post that says I'm SURE THEY WILL MAKE IT RIGHT?

You are inferring quite a bit.

97F1504RAD
06-25-2011, 8:38 AM
Nope did not miss it.

So your sure they will make it right but you still chose to bad mouth them is the point i was trying to get across to you.

xxINKxx
06-25-2011, 9:25 AM
Nope did not miss it.

So your sure they will make it right but you still chose to bad mouth them is the point i was trying to get across to you.

I don't see him bad mouthing them.

He told everyone both his LPK had parts missing, that he knows they will fix it, just wanted to share his frustration.

????

FourLoko
06-25-2011, 9:34 AM
sounds like he needs his own blog then

sdbobbyt
06-25-2011, 9:45 AM
Nope did not miss it.

This is absolute nonesense. WE have the First Ammendment for a reason and I am glad he told us what needed to be said. Just because *you* don't like the way it was said doesn't mean it should not be said. This goes for all yall that always want to shut down someone's words just because you don't like it.

If you have a problem with it, tough. I appreciate the OP for letting us know what happened to him. It is the responsibility of the company to ship what he ordered. Thanks for the heads-up.

HK Dave
06-25-2011, 9:51 AM
Sorry it turned out like that for you. I just received an LPK from them and it was complete. But yes... they do take a bit of time to ship. I ordered ammo a week ago and i'm still waiting for my card to actually get charged. :P

97F1504RAD
06-25-2011, 9:55 AM
This is absolute nonesense. WE have the First Ammendment for a reason and I am glad he told us what needed to be said. Just because *you* don't like the way it was said doesn't mean it should not be said. This goes for all yall that always want to shut down someone's words just because you don't like it.

If you have a problem with it, tough. I appreciate the OP for letting us know what happened to him. It is the responsibility of the company to ship what he ordered. Thanks for the heads-up.

Nobody is trying to shut his words down and the First Amendment only applies to the government stopping free speech. All some of us are trying to say is there was a more tactful way to say it without trying to make PSA look bad. All of us apparently interpret things differently and I interpreted his post as bad mouthing PSA. Remember a human packed those LPK and humans make mistakes. But again I guess none of you ever do. Big deal so something is missing from his parts kit call PSA tell them and they will ship him the parts easy solution.

You do realize that what you say here can be censored right?

When i saw the title of this thread the first thing that came to me mind was someone bad mouthing them. And in his post he made it seems as though they had wronged him and not corrected it.

sdbobbyt
06-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Nobody is trying to shut his words down and the First Amendment only applies to the government stopping free speech. All some of us are trying to say is there was a more tactful way to say it without trying to make PSA look bad. All of us apparently interpret things differently and I interpreted his post as bad mouthing PSA.

You do realize that what you say here can be censored right?

When i saw the title of this thread the first thing that came to me mind was someone bad mouthing them. And in his post he made it seems as though they had wronged him and not corrected it.

I say thank you to the OP for the post. I got it to have them check the LPK if I'm buying from them. If you didn't get that then you must have some motivation to see it a different way. Perhaps an allegiance to them which I do not. I see this kind of thing on many post which people automatically turn into badmouthing. I didn't get that, you should not have either. Your interpretations are... well yours.

As for censorship, whomever owns this forum can do whatever they choose. They can choose to shut down the site. It is a free country.

hchan42
06-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks! I may be in the minority, but I'm glad you posted b/c i'm going to ordering an LPK build kit from them! and i still will, despite your experience. (my friend ordered his LPK from PSA and nothing was missing).

No, i dn't think you are bad mouthing them in any way shape or form, just venting your frustration. (which we all need to do sometime, if you dont vent ever, i call bs) You ordered and payed for a product(s) in full from a reputable company; you have every right to expect that product to be 100% as advertised and in complete working condition. Your product(s) are missing parts; hopefully you have already notified PSA, and can start resolving the issue.

Good to know they ship a lil slow! lol also i'm in no rush to build my AR...but i wold like to get started on the lower shortly....

97F1504RAD
06-25-2011, 10:16 AM
I say thank you to the OP for the post. I got it to have them check the LPK if I'm buying from them. If you didn't get that then you must have some motivation to see it a different way. Perhaps an allegiance to them which I do not. I see this kind of thing on many post which people automatically turn into badmouthing. I didn't get that, you should not have either. Your interpretations are... well yours.

As for censorship, whomever owns this forum can do whatever they choose. They can choose to shut down the site. It is a free country.

OK your right, I have some personal motivation. Yep you got me, oh my goodness. Ridiculous to say the least.

Just as you are free to comment in this thread so am I. And I commented on what I thought. :D

themailman
06-25-2011, 10:19 AM
I have an extra selector laying around...

762.DEFENSE
06-25-2011, 10:40 AM
I've ordered several LPK's from PSA and not once had a problem. I'd be willing to bet your missing piece is lodged within another piece or fell out of the bag as you opened it.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure PSA would rectify the mistake. They're a great company to do business with in my experience.

ilkhan
06-25-2011, 10:55 AM
yep, keep whining if it makes you feel better

doesn't take long to glance in a bag when you get it to notice something as large as a selector is missing
I wouldn't open the bag until I'm ready to build, the parts in a LPK are so small they're easy to lose if the bag is open.

My own experience with PSA wasn't too great either. No tracking number auto sent and it took 2 weeks for the parts to finally arrive. No big deal for me, but could have been for other people. Being told the timeframe would have been nice, and being given a tracking number when it shipped (instead of when I emailed them "where the hell are my parts" in nicer language) would also have been nice.

Hoop
06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I have a couple extra selectors and a few springs laying around but the OP ain't getting them. Neener neener.

Marsoc1
06-25-2011, 11:22 AM
my kit came with extra trigger guarder and pistol grip screws :D

rodeoflyer
06-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Nope did not miss it.

No I didn't choose to bad mouth them, but i'll go ahead and share more reasons i'm pissed at them and perhaps you can understand where i'm coming from.

I ordered a stock kit on 6/16. That's right - NINE days ago. They claim they have electronic inventory control, and that their site will not allow you to purchase a product if it is not in stock. They also say orders ship in 1-2 business days. As of today it has not shipped.

I also ordered a dust cover, and then received a phone call that it wasn't actually in stock. See above...

I think i've been patient.

I've ordered several LPK's from PSA and not once had a problem. I'd be willing to bet your missing piece is lodged within another piece or fell out of the bag as you opened it.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure PSA would rectify the mistake. They're a great company to do business with in my experience.

I was diligent about removing the items individually from the package and circling them on my sheet. If it were just one kit I might agree with you. When the same part is missing from both kits, that's not a coincidence. The buffer retainer spring - maaaybe.

I know they will make it right, but as you can see from above it's becoming a pattern and it's frustrating.

atv
06-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Just because PSA is going to send out the missing parts to "make it right" doesn't mean the OP didn't get the short end of the deal. He now has to wait for the parts, which will probably be another week.

I'd rather PSA do it right the first time.

I've had issues with budget LPKs too, missing parts, wrong size roll pins, etc. It's annoying to drive 20 miles to pick up a $0.15 cent part.

97F1504RAD
06-25-2011, 3:53 PM
Just because PSA is going to send out the missing parts to "make it right" doesn't mean the OP didn't get the short end of the deal. He now has to wait for the parts, which will probably be another week.

I'd rather PSA do it right the first time.

I've had issues with budget LPKs too, missing parts, wrong size roll pins, etc. It's annoying to drive 20 miles to pick up a $0.15 cent part.

Well yea, but like I have already said there are humans making these kits and humans make mistakes. PSA will make it right in the long run and that is what matters. Yes it is a minor inconvenience but as long as they take care of it then that is all that matters.

As for PSA I have almost always gotten a tracking number and have always received my orders with the 7-9 day time period. It take 7 days to arrive via UPS from them. I know back when the big ammo rush they did take a few days more than normal for shipping and I know they have been having some big sales so maybe they got a big rush of orders again and in their haste to get them filled they forget to send a email with a tracking number or a small part gets left out.

OP I can understand your frustration and I have never had that issue with them. I do know I have tried to place an order for stuff on the site and been denied due to them not having enough stock. So the cart is accurate as far as I have seen.

Maybe the website showed stock but it got sold in their store prior to being removed from the cart system and by the time you placed your order. Again human error. So none of you make mistakes right? Curious why no one has still yet to answer that?

shark92651
06-25-2011, 4:46 PM
Stuff happens. I have build lowers from just about every lower parts kit on the market and have had parts missing from all of them, including PSA. With that many parts its going to happen from time to time.

97F1504RAD
06-25-2011, 4:58 PM
Stuff happens. I have build lowers from just about every lower parts kit on the market and have had parts missing from all of them, including PSA. With that many parts its going to happen from time to time.

Exactly

tcb
06-25-2011, 9:25 PM
My kit was missing a trigger pin. I sent them an email and they shipped one right out. No problem. I didn't use the selector in my kit so if your in a bind let me know.

SanPedroShooter
06-26-2011, 4:58 AM
Its taken them nine days to ship? I just ordered a CTR stock kit from them after reading that they ship in one to two business days..... I talked to the guy on the phone (thursday) and I thought I heard him say that it would ship next week. I figured he must have meant that it would arrive sometime next week. We'll see.

magic32
06-26-2011, 8:37 PM
I've ordered stuff from them and they are slow to ship. Lpk was gtg. I think they're going through some growing pains with their low pricing on lpk's and the budget uppers they have now. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out. They seem like a good co. They answer emails in a timely manner.

thrillhouse700
06-27-2011, 9:23 AM
They def need to streamline their shipping times. BUT they have great prices and great shipping prices so I can live with the time it takes. If I need it tomorrow I will order elsewhere.

BEE
06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
I ordered MOE lpk on 6/23 and now playing the waiting game :popcorn:

Z.1
06-30-2011, 2:21 PM
So none of you make mistakes right? Curious why no one has still yet to answer that?

Well, I'm the embodiment of perfection, but I can see how you might make mistakes from time to time. :D

But on a serious note, I don't think anyone is saying that mistakes don't happen or that PSA should be smote down by the hammer of Thor because they suck so much. I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect that something should arrive as ordered.

The OP was simply relaying his experience. He had not just one but two LPK's missing the same part. A single instance I would overlook, but two could be the start of a trend.

With all the options out there, I can't try them all out myself. I have heard almost nothing but good things about PSA. That being said, based on this small sample size, there may be better alternatives to their discount LPK.

SanPedroShooter
06-30-2011, 2:24 PM
I was concered about my ship time, but they sent my CTR and parts out in three working days.

terry4130
07-08-2011, 12:06 AM
I must have ordered at the prime time, because I got my order in about a week. I remember placing the order online and then calling them right away. The guy was really cool, saw my order and said it would ship in a day or so. Apparently it did. Sorry this happened to you and hope they make it right. I'll shop with them again

BEE
07-08-2011, 3:02 AM
After 2 weeks of waiting my MOE LPK finally came in and luckily, no missing parts. The 2 weeks of waiting was torture, but i'm satisfied and well worth it. Would purchase more items from PSA again.

goodlookin1
07-08-2011, 7:29 AM
Messing up an order doesnt pass for setting "a pattern"....you have to do many more orders than 1. By definition, isnt a pattern a consistency in a string of similar situations? Has this happened to you before?

In any case, i've ordered from PSA and they were good to go. Very cheap, fast and exactly what I ordered.

YMMV.

bigrod
07-08-2011, 7:30 AM
PSA seems very old fashioned to me and can streamline their shipping process a bit. Most companies automatically email you an order confirmation followed by a tracking number once it is shipped. I didn't get a tracking number so I emailed them. I got a reply with the tracking number the same day.

They are a good company with great deals and quality products. I ordered a lower build kit and they had the best price around on the package deal. I wasn't missing anything but I could imagine how easy it would be.

I won't hesitate to order from them in the future but they definitely can make improvements in their shipping process and packaging quality control.

ElvisShotFirst
07-08-2011, 7:38 AM
They have always done right by me.

biker777
07-08-2011, 7:42 AM
PSA sent me a kit missing the selector as well, hey mistakes happen but that still does not help your attitiude when you set down to do the lower build and find parts are not there..kind of puts a stop to things..so being unhappy is fine!

So OP go ahead and do a little venting..the trolls who give you a bad time are just that -- "trolls''-- so ignore them..lol

goodlookin1
07-08-2011, 7:55 AM
PSA sent me a kit missing the selector as well, hey mistakes happen but that still does not help your attitiude when you set down to do the lower build and find parts are not there..kind of puts a stop to things..so being unhappy is fine!

So OP go ahead and do a little venting..the trolls who give you a bad time are just that -- "trolls''-- so ignore them..lol

You obviously dont know what a forum "troll" is...

If anything, the OP is closer to troll than anyone disagreeing with him regarding PSA. Just look at some of the emotional responses he's gotten! But I wouldnt say the OP is a troll.

Read the definition and decide for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

;)

JaeFern
07-08-2011, 8:19 AM
Ugh come on guys. It seems that PSA might be lacking a bit in the QA (quality assurance) department.i too have had a few friends who were missing parts from their kits. Yes they were corrected but that is a problem that should be corrected before being sold. Yes humans make mistakes, but that is why we have people inspect then after to make sure these human mistakes are caught before they reach the customer...

-Jae from my HTC EVO

nick
07-08-2011, 8:30 AM
I had a similar problem, or so I thought, a couple of springs and a pin were missing. I went over the LPK one more time, and found all of them, they just got into the crevices of the larger parts. Make sure that's not the case.

goodlookin1
07-08-2011, 8:48 AM
I had a similar problem, or so I thought, a couple of springs and a pin were missing. I went over the LPK one more time, and found all of them, they just got into the crevices of the larger parts. Make sure that's not the case.

It would be pretty difficult to miss the selector :cool:

nick
07-08-2011, 8:57 AM
It would be pretty difficult to miss the selector :cool:

True, but most of the springs and pins are easy to miss. In my case, I was down to missing just the disconnector spring, and the eventually found it in the buffer retainer.

CK_32
07-08-2011, 9:01 AM
So here I am building 2 lowers tonight to go shoot on Sunday. BOTH of my PSA lower parts kits are missing the selector, and one is missing the buffer retainer spring.

I'm sure they will make it right, but I'm still pissed and everybody should know about it.

Seems like this is a commong problem now....

This is like the 3rd post I've seen this month about they'd LPKs missing something.

Chatterbox
07-08-2011, 9:22 AM
The only one that made PSA look bad is PSA. And all of you defending PSA need to take some of your advice and STFU.

shadowofnight
07-08-2011, 8:06 PM
I like Palmetto, order all the time and will continue to do so.

That said, I wonder if they have some dirt low bid with UPS to take however long they want to getting packages to their destination ?

I ordered another case of the X-Tac 5.56 ammo they seem to always have in stock at a great price , ordered it the last week of June ( Palmetto only took 3 days to get it out the door :eek: ) ...check this tracking info out.

It's been just sitting in Hodgkins IL since it arrived night before last , but it will depart in time to make the Scheduled delivery on the 11th of July.

To ship on the 1st , with a scheduled delivery on the 11th has got to be some low cost bulk shipping arrangement. But with their reasonable shipping charges and low product cost, I will continue to purchase from them...I just wont expect packages to get here anytime soon. :D

Hodgkins, IL, United States 07/06/2011 3:21 A.M. Arrival Scan
Indianapolis, IN, United States 07/06/2011 1:02 A.M. Departure Scan
Indianapolis, IN, United States 07/05/2011 2:31 P.M. Arrival Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 07/05/2011 6:08 A.M. Departure Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 07/02/2011 9:09 A.M. Arrival Scan
West Columbia, SC, United States 07/02/2011 4:11 A.M. Departure Scan
West Columbia, SC, United States 07/01/2011 7:55 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 07/01/2011 5:58 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Shipped/Billed On: 07/01/2011

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 07/11/2011, By End of Day

billgato
07-08-2011, 8:25 PM
Unfortunately, I experienced the same problem that bigrod experienced. I ordered a stock, pistol grip, and LPK from them on June 26. I received a receipt email from them that same day but no tracking number or follow-up emails.

I emailed them asking about the status of my order yesterday (7/7) and got no response. Today, there was a package at my door from Palmetto. I still haven't received a response to yesterday's email.

rodeoflyer
07-08-2011, 9:30 PM
I had gotten over it already, but since the thread is back on top - here's an update:

Palmetto responded to my email, and basicly told me if I didn't have the order # I was SOL. I didn't have the number, but gave them everything but my social security number in order to find it.

I don't think they have any reason to believe some random guy is going to try to scam them out of two standard selectors :rolleyes:. Instead of just being cool and taking me at my word - they blew me off.

And so, after spending almost 3k with them in less than a year (I know because I checked my bank statements trying to find the order #) - they can now suck it, and I will spend my money elsewhere.

I ended up ordering selectors from Fulton Armory. It cost me $25, but it cost PSA a lot more.

Chaos47
07-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Wait... how do you not have an order #? Shouldn't you have it in an email? Wouldn't it be on the packing slip?

frankm
07-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately, I experienced the same problem that bigrod experienced. I ordered a stock, pistol grip, and LPK from them on June 26. I received a receipt email from them that same day but no tracking number or follow-up emails.

I emailed them asking about the status of my order yesterday (7/7) and got no response. Today, there was a package at my door from Palmetto. I still haven't received a response to yesterday's email.

OK, add me to the list. Ordered two lpk's on the 29th and received a confirmation email. I emailed 3 days ago about it and just did again today. So far, no response. I was looking at their complete uppers, but I am leaning toward another vendor.

rodeoflyer
07-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Wait... how do you not have an order #? Shouldn't you have it in an email? Wouldn't it be on the packing slip?

I didn't open the kits to install them until a few weeks after I bought them. I didn't have the email or the packing slip.

I gave them the cc transaction number, date, time, email and physical address, etc, etc.

For something so small the better move would have been to take my word for it. Even if I was full of **** - which i'm not, better to make or keep a loyal customer rather than shine them. If it were a spring or detent or something, hey - people lose them. Not one, but TWO selectors? Who loses them?

canman
07-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Never had a problem with their ammo...prices, shipping cost, shipping time or anything else.

I got an MOE LPK from the a month or so ago....missing buffer retainer spring and disconnector.

Didn't bother to email them....won't be buying an LPK, or probably any other AR parts, from them again.

Canman

Flyingpootang
07-09-2011, 6:20 AM
I just got an order from them and I was missing a few larger items than whats in a LPK. They did make it right and they're sending me parts that where left off of my order. Not sure if it's a family ran buisness and some of them are on a crash coruse of learing the differance of parts, but they must be loosing out on the double shipping. All in all they have quality stuff, excellent CS, and fantastic prices. I wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.

shadowofnight
07-09-2011, 8:42 AM
Looks like I will keep ordering ammo from them , but seeing this many issues with parts kits and such...I would not order anything other than ammo from them.

And check out this difference in shipping, instead of 14 days ( 11 days covered wagon time plus 3 days to get it out the door ) to my door from Palmetto...I made this order with a different vendor.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, July 09, 2011, 3:43 am, SAN JOSE, CA 95101
Processed through Sort Facility, July 07, 2011, 11:47 pm, TAMPA, FL 33605
Electronic Shipping Info Received, July 07, 2011

I made the order just this Thursday, it shipped the same day USPS...and will be at my door today on Saturday. I ordered late business day on Thursday too, so really only 2 days from Florida :D

CK_32
07-09-2011, 9:37 AM
Reason I always save my emails. Just for this reason.

And all of you should Put in complaints. I got a new boss who doesn't know WTF he's doing and it's all him. We are making it run and doing his job and everything that goes wrong he puts his input and we disagree and it f*cks up and he just shrugs it off. Maybe they got a new email girl or packing guy and maybe these reports to them will get them out of there and get them running 100% again.

Because if we had complaints about about everything my boss would be out of there.

frankm
07-09-2011, 2:06 PM
OK, add me to the list. Ordered two lpk's on the 29th and received a confirmation email. I emailed 3 days ago about it and just did again today. So far, no response. I was looking at their complete uppers, but I am leaning toward another vendor.

Just got my two lpk's in the mail. 30 parts each which is everything. And one extra part. So I'm good. Took about 8 days. But didn't get any shipment notice.

Tripper
07-09-2011, 2:46 PM
anybody have a picture of just the selector spring

rodeoflyer
07-09-2011, 4:29 PM
anybody have a picture of just the selector spring

I assume you mean the spring for the detent?

I'm talking about the selector switch itself.

imperials
07-09-2011, 6:05 PM
I ordered the Moe lower parts kit from Palmetto on July 4th it was shipped out the 7th but won't arrive until the 15th. I'll check my kit for missing parts when it comes in. Until then I'll be keeping my fingers crossed everything shows up.

glock7
07-27-2011, 12:22 PM
hmmm sounds like their qc has gone downhill, they are slow to ship, i think with their bargain prices on uppers and lpk's, they seem to be having troubles in the qc dept. this definitely gives me some food for thought. i can understand the op's frustration. i'd hate to be getting ready to do the lower build and find out parts are missing.

Shellshocker66
07-27-2011, 1:10 PM
The good thing about PSA is that they will do the right thing and either send a new part or credit your CC quickly. I also was missing a few parts in my LPK from them. But I sent them a message on the contact form on Saturday at first I wanted the item shipped to me. Sunday I decided to just pick up stuff here locally or find someone who ships a little quicker and sent them another note on the contact form. Monday morning I had an email from them stating they would credit me. Tuesday the credit was back in my bank account which is the quickest credit I've ever seen!

triplestack3
07-27-2011, 1:15 PM
They ship UPS instead of USPS, so the transit time is doubled from the East coast.
Would be nice if there was an option to select USPS Priority Mail, especially if you were ordering something small, like an LPK.

psubond
07-27-2011, 2:32 PM
i'm VERY new to this forum so i may get flamed for saying this and be told to be on my way, but if the flaming i'm seeing in this thread is typical of how things work on here i won't be staying. jumping in someone's s*** for stating a problem isn't showing a very good overall theme for us newcomers and sure isn't a way to make us want to stay.

if i want a message board full of flaming i'll just stay on the video game ones i visit occasionally.

Javi
07-27-2011, 2:33 PM
They ship UPS instead of USPS, so the transit time is doubled from the East coast.
Would be nice if there was an option to select USPS Priority Mail, especially if you were ordering something small, like an LPK.

I find that a problem in a lot of gun shops online =/ Found some paper targets on sale but had $10 UPS ground shipping! No thanks.

AirborneStranger
07-27-2011, 5:41 PM
You have every right to be pissed, I would be furious with them. I am glad you posted this, I will never do business with these monkeys.

To the people saying "everyone makes mistakes, give them a break", this is the real world, mistakes have consequences. If you don't like those consequences, wake the hell up and stop making so many mistakes.

Poor QC matched with poor customer service will sink an online retailer faster than just about anything, maybe they will take it more seriously when they can't pay their bills?

NokSuCow
07-27-2011, 6:03 PM
I was considering PSA for a cheaper build but, based on them not sending the OP his parts that were missing I have changed my mind. He provided name, address, CC, etc and they couldn't help him? No way I would give them my money. Maybe if they fix this particular order they will be GTG.

teeteemongo
07-27-2011, 6:55 PM
I have mixed feelings about PSA but feel I should chime in here.

I placed an order for a moe lpk on the July 10 and am still waiting for it. It took two weeks to get here, arrived in CA, but somehow, there was a problem with the handoff from UPS to USPS and the item was returned. I got in touch with PSA for the third time over email and they replied very quickly saying that since the item was on the way back already, they would UPS it directly to my house with new kit and apologized for the delay. I actually got the tracking order for it this time and it looks to be arriving this Friday.

This thread worries me because if I realize there are missing parts in this LPK, this fiasco of an order is going to take a near month to get right and delivered. I should say however, that Daniel at PSA has been great and i've just titled all my inquiries to him on email. He's been very quick to get back to me. If there's someone doing something right, its probably him.

PSA really needs to get it together though, all this bad press is really going to deter new buyers who are attracted to the bargains that they have. I hope they can turn things around because I'd really like to continue to keep buying from them!

Archie B.
07-27-2011, 7:25 PM

Agreed, I got a RRA LPK from RG a few weeks ago that was missing 2 springs, but had 2 extra detent pins in the kit. You guys took care of it, but with so many parts in the kit a human error is bound to occur from time to time.