PDA

View Full Version : Does LASD allow DCAEK in a M&P?

snovvman
06-24-2011, 2:19 PM
DCAEK:
https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid35.html

I'm guess it is "NO"?

Thanks.

realmswalker
06-24-2011, 5:31 PM
Any alteration from factory configuration in regards to internal components is a big giant no. All we really get to do is put lights, lasers, night sights and grips on our guns.

TrailerparkTrash
06-24-2011, 8:11 PM
DCAEK:
https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid35.html

I'm guess it is "NO"?

Thanks.

Negative

emvampyre
06-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Deputies are not allowed to modify any county issued weapons, however, you can modify your personally owned weapon. I have an action job on my S&W 640 back up, as well as on my old off duty 6906. My 686 that was my duty weapon prior to converting to the 92FS Beretta had an action job on it as well.

Any weapon modification to personally owned weapons must be inspected by department armorers prior to the weapon being used on duty. I'm not familiar with this spring kit, but I have installed Wolff spring kits in many revolvers for deputies back up guns.

realmswalker
06-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I would double check that information emvampyre, I was told by several rangemasters that you cannot alter any internal components on any firearm that you have qualified in and carry on or off duty. They said it was against policy.

emvampyre
07-09-2011, 1:29 AM
I would double check that information emvampyre, I was told by several rangemasters that you cannot alter any internal components on any firearm that you have qualified in and carry on or off duty. They said it was against policy.

I currently work with a former rangemaster and he says modifications to personally owned firearms are ok. As long as they have been inspected by department armorers and do not, in any way, tamper with or change any safety mechanism of that weapon.

According to the current sergeant "down south" and the department armorer, springs and such are ok by the department policy.

barca101
07-09-2011, 6:12 AM
I work for an SD up No. Cal where deputies can alter their personal firearms to a point, except for their department issued weapon. You can't alter the trigger pull, but theY have their grips sent to Robar, have Apex installed...etc.

Can the deputies in your dept. send their M&P to S&W for the PC action trigger package done since it's from the manufacturer?

Bobby Ricigliano
07-20-2011, 10:26 AM
I carry the M&P 9mm full size on duty and it is unaltered except for the TLR-1 added. The trigger pull smooths out considerably after 1000 rounds or so and I am personally disinclined to alter the factory internals of anything out of fear of malfunction (i.e. light strikes) as well as liability after the fact.

TrailerparkTrash
07-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Deputies are not allowed to modify any county issued weapons, however, you can modify your personally owned weapon. I have an action job on my S&W 640 back up, as well as on my old off duty 6906. My 686 that was my duty weapon prior to converting to the 92FS Beretta had an action job on it as well.

Any weapon modification to personally owned weapons must be inspected by department armorers prior to the weapon being used on duty. I'm not familiar with this spring kit, but I have installed Wolff spring kits in many revolvers for deputies back up guns.

No, the guns may have some work done on them to "smooth" things out, like an action job. However, as far as trigger pulls go, each gun must meet a certain criteria for the weight of the trigger pull. They don't want "hair triggers", or other things. Things like: compensated barrels, hood type peep sights on handguns, trigger shoes, etc.....

So, some mods may be done, others can not.