PDA

View Full Version : Can the Benelli MR1 take the M4 charge handle?

ERdept
06-24-2011, 1:00 PM
Same as above.

Wondering if the Benelli MR1 can use the same handle on Benelli M4

dfletcher
06-24-2011, 2:44 PM
I'd be interested to know too. I found the sling adapters for the shotgun won't work on the MR1 due to 2 studs that are used to keep the rifle stock vertically centered.

Sort of off topic, I was looking for a deal on the plastic railed set up for the Benelli MR1 - the $100.00 price tag for plastic rails didn't exactly appeal to me. I ended up accidentally ordering the $30.00 front rail for a Beretta CX4 Storm. Starts with a B, Italian, ends with a vowel - easy mistake to make, right? I realized my goof after I ordered and was ready to send the thing back but .....

The thing showed up and with a touch of creativity it fits solid. You need to use 6x32x1/2" screws instead of the ones provided and a strip of double sided rug tape on the inside curve of the rail, but once done it is rock solid and looks perfect.

http://www.houtsenterprises.com/cx4_bottomrail.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOTTOM-SIDE-ACCESSORY-RAIL-KIT-BERETTA-CX4-STORM-/350473047087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5199d24c2f

Digital_Hate
06-24-2011, 3:09 PM
I drive through the LBC on my way to work..

I can remove my M4 charging handle in two seconds and meet you to try-fit in your MR1 if no one else can answer..

haha try like a 1/2 sec and no tools needed:D

axhoaxho
06-24-2011, 3:14 PM
I would love to know too.

Thanks,

Digital_Hate
06-26-2011, 2:47 PM
i checked a few sights that sell them and they all show the M1 M2 and M3 the same but list the M4 as a different part number?

according to the GG&G website

Just remove the small factory retracting handle and replace it with our superior Benelli M1 charging handle or M4 charging handle. The M4 Charging Handle is specifically manufactured for the Benelli M4 shotgun

Either/Or
06-26-2011, 4:23 PM
Is the charging handle for the m4 significantly bigger than the standard on the mr1? I haven't had any issue grabbing ahold of it so far...

Sling wise, I put a vtac 2point adjustable with the adapter so the sling attaches on top the stock and it works great, very solid... The front easily loops through the sling slot on the hand guard without any adapters needed...