PDA

View Full Version : thiefs at wister refuge

chris
12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
i think i recall thiefs in our midst. the thieves that steel from hunters. yes those dirtbags. they have some balls steeling from people that are armed.
it may have happened when i did my check of myself on the way out to the blind and relized i left my keys on the my dogs kennel. it was no more than 5 minutes or so . i do not recall seeing or hearing any vehicles coming in to the parking lot. we were are 513 area of wister. nothing else was taken my phone or wallet and my ipod were all there. i did go back to the truck and my keys were where i left them. anyways what kind of moron steals from an area full of armed people.

anyways my friends wallet was missing and could not find it in the truck. took everything out at home and no luck. he has come to the conclusion that it was stolen. hopefulluy someone turned it in at the check station. but as many know wister is kinda out there and not many people around while hunting. sad thing these days that a fellow hunter would steal from another. i doubt i'll ever go back there again.:mad:

M. Sage
12-25-2006, 12:02 PM
they have some balls steeling from people that are armed.

Can you imagine coming back to the truck, gun in hand, and finding someone going through it? Oooooo, it's not gonna be pretty.

ligamentum flavum
12-25-2006, 1:41 PM
Couldn't your friend have just forgot his wallet somewhere? I mean, what happened to really make you suspicious that it was stolen?

From reading your post, it sounds like there were ZERO signs of foul-play...except for a missing wallet. Your keys were where you left them, your wallet and everything else appeared untouched. I'm sure everyone has misplaced a wallet sometime in their life.

anotherone
12-25-2006, 1:51 PM
Couldn't your friend have just forgot his wallet somewhere? I mean, what happened to really make you suspicious that it was stolen?

From reading your post, it sounds like there were ZERO signs of foul-play...except for a missing wallet. Your keys were where you left them, your wallet and everything else appeared untouched. I'm sure everyone has misplaced a wallet sometime in their life.

I'd be shocked if someone stole it and it wasn't misplaced. I've left decoy carts, mountain bikes, and all kinds of stuff laying around on the levy and in my truck bed while at refuges. People might be jerks about some of the more popular spots, but I've never heard of anyone being ripped off.

chris
12-25-2006, 9:19 PM
nah he had it with him at the check station that morning and also when we left the house. we are not sure where or when it was misplaced or stolen. but it was in plane view from outside the truck. there are two places he puts his wallet in my truck. there have been reports from people at wister that some of their stuff has been stolen there. like i said we have gone through the truck several times and i cleaned it out yesterday and did not find it. think about it. it can only take a second for someone to walk by and see the wallet and not the keys on the kennel and grab the wallet and split. it can happen. also if someone did find it and may have tossed it in the canals nearby. again i'm only saying this after exetensively searching my truck and all our gear several times. it could have been dropped i don't know. there are thiefs out there and we all know it. it can happen. this is a conclusion that my friend has come too. also when i mean we searched the truck i mean we looked in all kinds of crazy places things can end up at. i'm not accusing anyone at the refuge but someone that can drive by and steal crap. allthough stealing from a place where people are armed is really really dumb it can happen. sad that it may have. i would like to see if someone picked it up and did the right thing and mail to the house.

anotherone have you been to wister? there are some jerks there but there are in the minority there. but that is all it takes to screw up anyone's day of hunting.

ligamentum flavum
12-25-2006, 11:09 PM
nah he had it with him at the check station that morning and also when we left the house. we are not sure where or when it was misplaced or stolen. but it was in plane view from outside the truck. there are two places he puts his wallet in my truck. there have been reports from people at wister that some of their stuff has been stolen there. like i said we have gone through the truck several times and i cleaned it out yesterday and did not find it. think about it. it can only take a second for someone to walk by and see the wallet and not the keys on the kennel and grab the wallet and split. it can happen. also if someone did find it and may have tossed it in the canals nearby. again i'm only saying this after exetensively searching my truck and all our gear several times. it could have been dropped i don't know. there are thiefs out there and we all know it. it can happen. this is a conclusion that my friend has come too. also when i mean we searched the truck i mean we looked in all kinds of crazy places things can end up at. i'm not accusing anyone at the refuge but someone that can drive by and steal crap. allthough stealing from a place where people are armed is really really dumb it can happen. sad that it may have. i would like to see if someone picked it up and did the right thing and mail to the house.

anotherone have you been to wister? there are some jerks there but there are in the minority there. but that is all it takes to screw up anyone's day of hunting.

ok. then i guess the lesson is to not leave your wallet in plain view in an area where thefts have been known to occur. Did you return to find your truck unlocked? Was it locked in the first place?

I hope your friend's wallet is returned to him.

chris
12-27-2006, 6:34 PM
i cannot remember that is what sucks.