PDA

View Full Version : xmas present

cnyankee
12-25-2006, 1:09 AM
just got this for duck hunting and fishing...my favorite person got it for me....me:D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2309&d=1167037404

anotherone
12-25-2006, 1:17 AM
just got this for duck hunting and fishing...my favorite person got it for me....me:D

boat.JPG (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2309&stc=1&d=1167037413)

Dang I'm jealous. I still need to save up for a small Jon Boat for summer fishing after Turkey season is up. I may just end up hunting pigs this summer again. I did spoil myself with an Xtrema2 though :D! How do you like your Xtrema2 cnyankee?

cnyankee
12-25-2006, 2:26 AM
absolutely love it...congrats on the xtrema2. did you get the k/o option? also not sure where you are located but your more than happy to join one of my hunting or fishing trips. right now they are only day trips and im located in the REAL northern california...BAY AREA:D

BigMac
12-25-2006, 9:30 AM
NIce!

I am an aluminum hull guy.. You may want to invest in some side boards for that trailer.. It really helps with loading in the wind.

Is your hull riveted or welded?

cnyankee
12-25-2006, 11:03 AM
welded and i ordered side boards but the place i bought them said they woudnt fit. they said the boat was too wide.

anotherone
12-25-2006, 1:54 PM
absolutely love it...congrats on the xtrema2. did you get the k/o option? also not sure where you are located but your more than happy to join one of my hunting or fishing trips. right now they are only day trips and im located in the REAL northern california...BAY AREA:D

I got the Xtrema2 without the K/O pad. It still kicks less than my Benelli with comfortech did though. Do you ever hunt ducks up at Grizzly Island, that's where I go that's close to the Bay. I'm up in Sacramento so usually I hunt up north at Gray Lodge, Colusa, Sacramento NWR, and Delevan (when I can get in). I may also attempt to lotto Little Dry Creek once this year just for the heck of it.

cnyankee
12-25-2006, 5:30 PM
im starting with elkhorn slough and salinas river to start with.. am new so i figure thats a good place to start to help eliminate the rookie blunders

anotherone
12-25-2006, 9:19 PM
im starting with elkhorn slough and salinas river to start with.. am new so i figure thats a good place to start to help eliminate the rookie blunders

It's awesome to see more folks getting into duck hunting. These days there are too many places for ducks in the Central Valley and not enough hunters to keep the birds working. Duck hunting is kind of an extreme hunting sport and can be very dangerous due to the risk of falling in the water. If your relatives are like mine then they probably think you're crazy for showing up at various wetlands all over the state at 3am with 50+ plastic ducks :D!

We should organize a Grizzly Island or some other refuge Calguns duck hunt sometime. That would be cool. We could all show up the night before, grill, watch duck hunting DVDs, and then go hunting the next morning.

Hey... better yet we could get together some people and go in on a duck blind at a private club. Ahh the potential for great things to happen with hunting on this board is just as good as the potential for cool things like OLL.