PDA

View Full Version : wilson ttu triggers, who has em?

shooterfpga
06-23-2011, 1:18 PM
im looking for feedback on the wilson ttu triggers. any of them really, but specifically the 3 gun or mil/le trigger. i was debating on putting one of these in my ar15, and possibly my lmt mws.

alex45auto
06-23-2011, 1:28 PM
stick with the geisselle.

BIRDHUNTER757
06-23-2011, 1:49 PM
I have the TTU Two Stage and love it! I have shot 3000 rounds with it, never missed a beat. Clean and crisp break. I would recommend it.

RONIN.
06-23-2011, 1:50 PM
this question came up in a thread today..
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=447906

here is my answer for that thread.. copy n pasted..

the wilson is a very very nice crisp breaking trigger, have one in my 308 carbine, and my ar15 training carbine.. they are a single stage, so they feel more like the mil-spec trigger, minus the 2 mile take up, and the spongy break.. they break about 4.5lbs in my ar15, and for some reason slightly lighter in my 308 4lbs break.. they seem to be 100% reliable as my training carbine has roughly 15k down the tube with the ttu installed.. and no issues as of yet..

now i do not know what your intended purpose of you rifle is.. if your looking for more of a precision, bench, match style trigger.. id go geiselle, but if yo want an all around, lighter then standard mil-spec trigger, id go ttu

as long as the trigger pins are mil-spec .154 pins.. there will be no issues.. other then the fact, that every other mil-spec triggered ar, will feel like dog ***** and any other ar's you own will soon there after get the same trigger.. other then that.. they are great..

ronin.

shooterfpga
06-23-2011, 2:32 PM
ronin, you have the regular ttu single stage? just to clarify.

45DAVID1
06-23-2011, 3:23 PM
I am debating 2 of the wilson combat triggers. The 3 gun version or the 2 stage at the bottom of their webpage. I think I may go with the 3 gun as it has the lighter trigger pull. I will be using it on a Noveske N6 with 21" barrel with leupold glass. It will be for 600+ yard prone shooting.

shooterfpga
06-23-2011, 3:35 PM
how bout you get the 3gun and let me know! lol. im pretty sure i will be getting the 3gun as well. i dont mind a heavy pull too much, but id like a faster reset, thats why i was debating the le/mil one. still scratching my head, but it seems like im leaning more towards the 3gun as it seems to be the best package, lil bit of everything.

Crowesnest
06-23-2011, 5:04 PM
I love my Wilson TTU. I have a single stage and I am completely satisfied with it's performance..... It's got a nice crisp and light pull to it.

Mute
06-23-2011, 8:55 PM
I have one. It's a clean trigger but I like something with a little lighter pull.

IPSICK
06-23-2011, 9:09 PM
I wish somebody with experience could compare it to the Geissele, AR Gold, and JP. The video on the Wilson website looked intriguing.

I do find it interesting that the 3-gun TTU trigger pull is described exactly like the Geissele S3G. However, the Geissele is about $50 cheaper.

I am still interested in the single stage TTU, but I'm unsure if it is significantly better than my AR Gold.

Because of the similar descriptions, I am leaning towards a Geissele S3G for my next build instead of the 3-gun TTU.

RONIN.
06-24-2011, 3:32 AM
ronin, you have the regular ttu single stage? just to clarify.

yes I have the single stage..