PDA

View Full Version : trigger job on a mossberg

dangerranger
06-22-2011, 9:36 PM
I got my youngest son a Mossberg pump. one of the first mods I want to do is reduce the trigger pull. its over 7lbs. Im thinking the trigger return spring is the culprit. it should return the trigger easily at half its tention. has anyone tried this? and where should I be able to find springs? thanks DR

aippi
06-22-2011, 10:14 PM
How old is your son and how much expirience with weapons does he have? The reason I ask is an inexpirienced shooter, Light trigger pull seems like not a good idea. If that is the case I would not modify the weapon.

meaty-btz
06-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Certain mossbergs come with an adjustable trigger group. Does yours?

dangerranger
06-23-2011, 5:30 PM
Son will be 30 in Oct, and is very experianced. I sometimes forget that everyones kids arent grown. Im not looking for light as in a target gun just reasonable. I thought the safety was on the first time I pulled the trigger. 7lbs was just a guess, it may be higher. I have several shotguns, but none with a pull like this. does anyone know if theres a spring maker who sells them? DR

dangerranger
06-24-2011, 5:09 PM
problem solved! I took the trigger group out and started disassembling it. I found the trigger return spring all bound up. [ like it was too long]. when I removed it I found the pocket it fits into full of plastic debris. after cleaning it out and reassembly it now trips at 7lbs 2oz. it still feels the same weight but now feels like a trigger should. DR