PDA

View Full Version : New AR upper

Mail Clerk
06-22-2011, 6:14 PM
Good Evening to you all,

I'm in the process of looking for another new AR upper in a "Dissapator" version for variety sake. Because I'm on a budget I've seen a version made by Del-Ton but know nothing about the company. It appears to be a nice upper but I wish I could get a chrome bore and chamber with it. Have any of you guys had any experience with these rifles????

Mail Clerk

CHS
06-22-2011, 6:16 PM
Del-ton makes a high quality "budget" product. I put them above DPMS in quality, but below Stag and Rock River.

prerunners4life
06-22-2011, 6:18 PM
Model1sales.com

CHS
06-22-2011, 6:30 PM
Model1sales.com

Even lesser quality than DPMS.

morrcarr67
06-22-2011, 6:54 PM
CHS - What do you think of RGuns uppers?

CHS
06-22-2011, 8:27 PM
CHS - What do you think of RGuns uppers?

Honestly, I have no experience with them.

From a quick reading of their website:

4150 steel, very nice.
Not chrome lined, I prefer chromed for barrel life. But the tradeoff is theoretically better accuracy so it's a personal preference thing.

Their specs sound decent on the barrel at least, but nothing about their Bolts, which is one of the most critical parts.

Poppy83
06-23-2011, 6:42 AM
Check out Palette State's dissipator on their website. $429.99 is a great deal.

morrcarr67
06-23-2011, 6:44 AM
Honestly, I have no experience with them.

From a quick reading of their website:

4150 steel, very nice.
Not chrome lined, I prefer chromed for barrel life. But the tradeoff is theoretically better accuracy so it's a personal preference thing.

Their specs sound decent on the barrel at least, but nothing about their Bolts, which is one of the most critical parts.

Cool

javalos
06-23-2011, 6:47 AM
The Dissipator is perfect for me, it has a 16" barrel for quicker handling and the rifle length sight radius is perfect for people with corrective lenses or aging eyes or anyone that seeks a more clear sight picture for accurate iron sight shooting.

I like Del-Ton allot, I've purchased several and all of them run flawless, never a hic-cup. However the drawback to Del-Ton's Dissipator is the barrel is not chrome lined and the gas system is rifle length, from what I have heard a mid-length gas system would be optimum for that type of AR-15 for better system reliability.

I would exercise a little more patience, save your money and buy a CMMG 16 inch M10M Upper, check this out...http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/CMMG-16-inch-M10M-Upper-978

javalos
06-23-2011, 7:01 AM
Check out Palette State's dissipator on their website. $429.99 is a great deal.

Nice upper, but CMMG offers an upper with a mid-length gas system for better system reliability, less harshness in shooting and function, and best of all CMMG barrels are mil-spec 11595E steel and the rest is what you would like in terms of a mil-spec upper. You have to pay more, about $200 but I think its worth it.

Mail Clerk
06-23-2011, 7:38 PM
Hello to everyone,

Thank you for your imputs regarding my interest in a "Dissapator" upper. I currently figure I might go to the big show towards the end of the year and get one from there but what dealers will be present I don't know. If Delton is there then I'll have a look in there or any others to that matter. I much prefer a chrome bore/chamber but might consider a conventional as long as the chamber will accept the nato round for strength reasons. Thanks to you all I now know more about my needs.

Mail Clerk

CHS
06-23-2011, 9:32 PM
Thank you for your imputs regarding my interest in a "Dissapator" upper. I currently figure I might go to the big show towards the end of the year and get one from there but what dealers will be present I don't know. If Delton is there then I'll have a look in there or any others to that matter. I much prefer a chrome bore/chamber but might consider a conventional as long as the chamber will accept the nato round for strength reasons. Thanks to you all I now know more about my needs.

A chromed bore and chamber is a reliability/longevity upgrade (at the cost of a slight accuracy hit) and has nothing to do with what ammo will work.

If you have a 5.56 chamber, you can fire 5.56 and .223. If you have a .223 chamber you can fire .223 and MAYBE 5.56.

Mail Clerk
06-24-2011, 5:11 AM
A chromed bore and chamber is a reliability/longevity upgrade (at the cost of a slight accuracy hit) and has nothing to do with what ammo will work.

If you have a 5.56 chamber, you can fire 5.56 and .223. If you have a .223 chamber you can fire .223 and MAYBE 5.56.

CHS,

I'll take note of your reply when it's time toget my upper. I need to wait until the next big show happens towards the end of the year anyways.

Mail Clerk