PDA

View Full Version : WARNING about attending NorCal/SoCAl skeet clinic

redrex
06-22-2011, 5:37 PM
Oh sure you think $55 for a day of shooting what a deal right. Heck you'd spend that much or more at the range right?

WRONG! These guys are not just offering practicly free introductions to skeet. What they are doing is recruiting for their "life style". They are looking to indoctrinate you and get you to buy in on their warped culture! I know I've been.

Two weeks ago I went to the NorCal skeet clinic. Since that time I spent every hour of free time I have online, researching O/U guns. OH, I have a 12 gauge pump BUT THAT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH WAS IT? Nooooo.

First I was like OH I'LL JUST GET SOMETHING CHEAP. $300! But then I saw what I could get for $500 and then $700 and in the end I plunked down $900
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcdBjEeIbDmncR0R9gkr8FkykGcqVbX pLyDk0fG-76wVBeoXvv
$900 for a CZ Readhead deluxe 28" with....OHHHH see? I can't stop myself

I admit it, I'm lost, but there is still time to save yourself. If someone offers you a free or next to free skeet "clinic". Just say no and then run away as fast as you can screaming "STRANGER DANGER"!

redrex
06-22-2011, 5:38 PM
Pro Tip #1 Do NOT do a google image search for CZ Redhead from your work computer unless you have SafeSearch turned ON

:)

sequoia_nomad
06-22-2011, 6:18 PM
Pro Tip #1 Do NOT do a google image search for CZ Redhead from your work computer unless you have SafeSearch turned ON

lmao:whistling:

tpuig
06-22-2011, 6:18 PM
You should have stuck with heroin. It's cheaper and easier to quit... ;-)

Thefeeder
06-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Sooooo.....Does that mean your still in or out for the Strip Club Clinic?

Its a cheap Clinic......just bring 5 one dollar bills.....come'on what can go wrong!

bsg
06-22-2011, 10:08 PM
enjoy.

Helpful_Cub
06-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Two weeks ago I went to the NorCal skeet clinic. Since that time I spent every hour of free time I have online, researching O/U guns. OH, I have a 12 gauge pump BUT THAT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH WAS IT? Nooooo.

I find it funny that a lot of guys that shoot trap and skeet never actually shoot any real birds. That's the main reason I stopped using my semi-auto shotgun for trap, it was just to heavy for Upland hunting. So I ended up with a cheap O/U 12ga.

I know a guy that's shot 100 perfect using a 870 pump. Comfort and familiarity seem to the be the key.

Thefeeder
06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Our club is empty during hunting season.

I would have to argue "fit" is key.

redrex
06-23-2011, 8:42 AM
Our club is empty during hunting season.

I would have to argue "fit" is key.

Lou, I tried every gun I could get my hands on and the RedHead fit like it was made for me.

As to hunting...Well that was one of the reasons why I got the Redhead. I heard from tons and tons of people who thought it was great for trap/skeet but that it was just as good for hunting.

I'll admit to not having hunted in over 20 years. I grew up in the midwest but I then moved around a lot and ended up in SF. They get sort of pissy when you hunt in the park. Liberals right?

I recently picked up what I thought was a 16 gauge SxS but turned out to be an even more usable 20 gauge. Granted it only takes 2.5" shells but it's so light and points so easily. Talk about an upland gun :)

Right now I'm reading up on the state laws for hunting in CA and I'm planning to take that hunters test the first of July. I'll be honest the rules in this state are more confusing to me then the IRS tax code.

I wish there was a Norcal hunting clinic that I could sign up for!

bjl333
06-23-2011, 9:36 AM
Bwahahahahaha !!!! Don't say I didn't warn you guys!!!

Disclaimer: Please don't blame Lou afterwards, for showing you another way to spend your cash!! :p

bjl333
06-23-2011, 9:45 AM
Lou, I tried every gun I could get my hands on and the RedHead fit like it was made for me.

As to hunting...Well that was one of the reasons why I got the Redhead. I heard from tons and tons of people who thought it was great for trap/skeet but that it was just as good for hunting.

I'll admit to not having hunted in over 20 years. I grew up in the midwest but I then moved around a lot and ended up in SF. They get sort of pissy when you hunt in the park. Liberals right?

I recently picked up what I thought was a 16 gauge SxS but turned out to be an even more usable 20 gauge. Granted it only takes 2.5" shells but it's so light and points so easily. Talk about an upland gun :)
Right now I'm reading up on the state laws for hunting in CA and I'm planning to take that hunters test the first of July. I'll be honest the rules in this state are more confusing to me then the IRS tax code.

If the gun was sleeved to a 20ga then you might have a 2 3/4 chamber!! I would have a gun smith check it out for ya ... lots of the early 16ga 2 9/16" chambered guns have been rechambered to shoot 2 3/4" or sleeved to a smaller gauge. It doesn't hurt to check! :thumbsup:

coyotebait
06-23-2011, 9:52 AM

Oh, you shouldn't have said that. I'm turning safe search off, be back in 8 minutes. :43:

Curley Red
06-23-2011, 1:43 PM
Me likey redheads. :) We'll except for one that came up that was just wrong.

$nake-Eye$
06-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Me likey redheads. :) We'll except for one that came up that was just wrong.

Dated a redhead in graduate school, quite a fiery personality; she lived up to the stereotype :D

$nake-Eye$
06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Lucky for me my father got me a shotgun when I was 16 and it's still serving me well to this day. Haven't regularly shot it for over 10 years but cleaned and oiled it at least once a year regularly for 24 years since I'ved owned it.

shot mostly trap, dove and pheasant; looking forward to doing some skeet! :61:

Oh sure you think $55 for a day of shooting what a deal right. Heck you'd spend that much or more at the range right?

WRONG! These guys are not just offering practicly free introductions to skeet. What they are doing is recruiting for their "life style". They are looking to indoctrinate you and get you to buy in on their warped culture! I know I've been.

First I was like OH I'LL JUST GET SOMETHING CHEAP. $300! But then I saw what I could get for $500 and then $700 and in the end I plunked down $900
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcdBjEeIbDmncR0R9gkr8FkykGcqVbX pLyDk0fG-76wVBeoXvv
$900 for a CZ Readhead deluxe 28" with....OHHHH see? I can't stop myself

I admit it, I'm lost, but there is still time to save yourself. If someone offers you a free or next to free skeet "clinic". Just say no and then run away as fast as you can screaming "STRANGER DANGER"!

sargenv
06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Eh.. I use one gun for it all.. Browning Gold... hunting, target shooting, action shooting, all of it... no need for something lighter since for me lighter gun = miss more birds.. get what fits.. and for me, I prefer the extra weight.

foxtrotuniformlima
06-24-2011, 10:53 AM
To all who read this thread, be forewarned, he got off cheap.

If all you spend on a new shotgun is $ 900, you really have not been fully infected yet.
Perhaps the OP has a natural immunity because for most, if there is room on the CC, it is maxed out quick.

redrex
06-24-2011, 11:02 AM

If all you spend on a new shotgun is $ 900, you really have not been fully infected yet.
Perhaps the OP has a natural immunity because for most, if there is room on the CC, it is maxed out quick.

OP has two kids with one on the way :) That and I held most of the other higher priced guns and they just didn't feel right to me. In fact that Citori felt the worst of all the guns that I tried. This Redhead just spoke to me.

The fact that it was under a grand didn't hurt either.

Thefeeder
06-24-2011, 2:33 PM
You picked a shotgun that you like and one that fits you.....You did it the right way....see ya at the range.

Keep in mind, there are about 20 Citori models, both past and present.....in 5 different gauges and 4-5 different configurations

So don't judge based on one or two Citori

sargenv
06-24-2011, 2:43 PM
The OP did get off cheap.. I have... 4 shotshell reloaders in 3 gauges, hundreds of pounds of shot, thousands of hulls (some given to me), and a whole garage related to my addictio.... er hobby.. I reload for lead, steel, slugs (cast these), buckshot, and tungsten. If I could afford it I'd probably load for heavi-shot or ITX. There is a REASON I use one gun (mainly).. all the junk I've bought to put through it is one.. :D Heck, right now I have a press for a gauge I do not yet own.. the scary thing is, I've started building up a small supply of components for the future gauge gun I want to get..

bjl333
06-24-2011, 2:48 PM

:rofl2::rofl2: He is still fresh!! Give it sometime to manifest, especially when he has free money after the kids are grown or when he gets a raise!!! :eek:

Khanan
07-03-2011, 9:17 AM
You warned me but I didn't listen. I got home from the clinic yesterday and started looking at the prices of guns and all the different options. I don't think it is a matter of IF I am going to buy a gun but when. I really do want to break my old habits on mounting a gun before I try to find one that fits.

CSACANNONEER
07-03-2011, 1:09 PM
I've wanted to attend one of these. I've shot birds and clays since I was 12 but, I've never shot a round of skeet. I'm just wondering if I'd get away with using my Berretta O/U at one of these clinics. It's the only O/U I own but, it's a frontstuffer.

bjl333
07-03-2011, 1:16 PM
I've wanted to attend one of these. I've shot birds and clays since I was 12 but, I've never shot a round of skeet. I'm just wondering if I'd get away with using my Berretta O/U at one of these clinics. It's the only O/U I own but, it's a frontstuffer.

Swing down and shoot a weekday one!!

Khanan
07-03-2011, 1:31 PM

Do it, you won't be disappointed.

CSACANNONEER
07-03-2011, 2:53 PM
Swing down and shoot a weekday one!!

Would you really welcome a muzzleloader? I'd think it would slow things down tooo much. Besides, I do have "a few" modern shotguns. I'm sure my 391 would fit in better even though it's not an O/U.

bjl333
07-03-2011, 3:03 PM
Would you really welcome a muzzleloader? I'd think it would slow things down tooo much. Besides, I do have "a few" modern shotguns. I'm sure my 391 would fit in better even though it's not an O/U.

Only if you bring 3 muzzleloaders and 3 assistants!!! That'll keep things moving at a decent pace!! :p

The 391 actually kicks butt in Skeet / Sporting ...

George Loony
07-03-2011, 4:16 PM

HUNTER'S test? When are they going to institute a test to take a whiz?

POWG
07-03-2011, 4:49 PM
Redrex,

Since you are newly hooked and obviously still "goofy" - POWG/Target Solutions wants to advise that there is one opening remaining for the Wing Shooting clinic next Sunday, July 10th.

Here is an offer to take you to a whole new "high"l

POWG also brings to the table business partner, Ms POWG, who is very accomplished multi-discipline clay shooter, 16 year experienced instructor & also "red-head". Yes, she is acknowledged to be better looking - but POWG shoots better!

Clinic is held on the outstanding Five-Stand training facility at Birds Landing Sporting Clays & Hunting Preserve [see BirdsLanding.net] for their offerings as well. They also happen to be Browning/Winchester dealers and offer great deals on Bird programs for prospective new "members".

Available time is @ 11:00AM.

"BUT WAIT" - As if this is not enough ...POWG also brings to the table several "loaner" guns, including a Winchester SX3 "Flanigun", sporting the red receiver and a brand new Midas Grade Extended Lite-Mod Choke Tube.

POWG has just "bumped" the clinic info to get it back on page one for your 411 and ease in reference. Yes, as always - Clinic comes with money back guarantee. if you can with a straight face tell POWG or Ms. POWG that you learned nothing and are not happy, your money [less $15.00 for targets to the club] is refunded.

POWG is out & waiting for the responses to this one!

Khanan
07-23-2011, 3:56 PM
You warned me. I insisted I wasn't going to do it but I did it.

My new shotgun is in jail.

A Beretta 686 White Onyx (http://www.berettausa.com/products/686-white-onyx-sporting/) with 30" barrels.

redrex
07-23-2011, 4:23 PM

A Beretta 686 White Onyx (http://www.berettausa.com/products/686-white-onyx-sporting/) with 30" barrels.

Wow, and I thought I got bit hard! I got off easily compared to you.

Khanan
07-23-2011, 4:37 PM
Wow, and I thought I got bit hard! I got off easily compared to you.

No wife, one grown child. Had no one to tell me I couldn't spend it and no one to spend it on. So the toys get the money.

bjl333
07-23-2011, 11:41 PM

:D :thumbsup:

Thefeeder
07-24-2011, 12:24 AM
You guys got off easy!

I just lost my Browning 525 Sporting.

My wife, who in my wisdom tought to shoot clays, commendered another shotgun and I quote " I don't remember seeing that one before, let me try it."

Dough!

bjl333
07-24-2011, 12:38 AM
You guys got off easy!

I just lost my Browning 525 Sporting.

My wife, who in my wisdom tought to shoot clays, commendered another shotgun and I quote " I don't remember seeing that one before, let me try it."

Dough!

:smilielol5::smilielol5:Famous last words!!!

They do shoot nice tho ... I have a 16ga 525 Sporting!

McTerry
07-24-2011, 2:29 AM
Oh, you shouldn't have said that. I'm turning safe search off, be back in 8 minutes. :43:

8 minutes, why so long? You must have showered afterwards!

MFortie
07-24-2011, 5:59 AM
Can you say 'Caesar Guerini'? Yes, I too have been bitten hard...

ysr_racer
07-24-2011, 7:10 AM
It's not the $2500 I spent on my Browning 525 that's the expensive part. It's the 10's of thousands of dollars I spend shooting it :)

bsg
07-24-2011, 8:10 AM
It's not the $2500 I spent on my Browning 525 that's the expensive part. It's the 10's of thousands of dollars I spend shooting it :)

it always works that way.

Charlie50
07-24-2011, 8:33 AM
LOL... you got me in the title of the thread! If your a bang fanatic, stick with crack, its likley cheaper than shotgun sports!

Same experience... my mossberg 500 was just fine until I shot my friend's nice O/U, gotta have the vest, cases of shells, time, wife is lonely, its like crack I tell you! Next thing I know I'm thinking about thinning our the safe for a new fancy shotgun.

Charlie50
07-24-2011, 8:37 AM
The OP did get off cheap.. I have... 4 shotshell reloaders in 3 gauges, hundreds of pounds of shot, thousands of hulls (some given to me), and a whole garage related to my addictio.... er hobby.. I reload for lead, steel, slugs (cast these), buckshot, and tungsten. If I could afford it I'd probably load for heavi-shot or ITX. There is a REASON I use one gun (mainly).. all the junk I've bought to put through it is one.. :D Heck, right now I have a press for a gauge I do not yet own.. the scary thing is, I've started building up a small supply of components for the future gauge gun I want to get..

And I thought I was bitten... OK so I have purchased mags for guns I want to own, is thar really a bad thing, really is it? LOL

bsg
07-24-2011, 10:33 AM
And I thought I was bitten... OK so I have purchased mags for guns I want to own, is thar really a bad thing, really is it? LOL

not a bad thing; i've considered buying magazines for a Sig P220 9mm. i may or may not ever have one... but just in case.

hcbr
07-24-2011, 6:50 PM
lol hahaha