View Full Version : JD Machine Quality ? ?

06-22-2011, 4:42 PM
I don't see alot posted about them.
How Is the quality ? Fit Finish ?
Specificly their stripped Upper receivers ?

06-22-2011, 4:45 PM
search harder

06-22-2011, 4:45 PM
jd machine is top quality, they make a bunch of the lowers and uppers you see on the market today. ive visited their facility several times, and watched the processes for not only their branded recievers but for the others as well. chances are, youre buying a jd machine reciever.

06-22-2011, 4:54 PM
I have 2 and no complaints. They fit everything I put on them, finish looks great and you can get custom serial numbers. My next two 100% lowers will be from them.

06-22-2011, 4:55 PM
My JD machine stripped lower's quality was just fine. No issues, plus its finish matched my S&W upper and there is no play between the upper & lower, all without me checking first. So I can't comment on their uppers specifically, but my impression is they do top quality work.

06-22-2011, 5:03 PM
Only issue I had on both of mine are the mags fit very tight. Something Ive seen on the forums pop up about JD lowers in the past quite a few times. My mags don't even drop free til I use them and more then likely wear down the black coating over a few trips to the range. Also all my stuff fits very tight, must use tight tolerences. Other then that they are good.

06-22-2011, 5:21 PM
I have been to their shop on many occasions and it is a clean, well organized manufacturing facility full of Haas CNC machines. I have a JD lower, also.

06-22-2011, 5:22 PM
JD makes quality products. They're good to go in my book!

06-22-2011, 6:17 PM

06-22-2011, 6:33 PM
I recently just purchased their Calguns lower receiver. The quality and finish is great. I plan on purchasing a stripped upper and low profile gas block from them in the near future.

06-22-2011, 6:39 PM
I converted a DPMS DCM upper into an A3 using a JD upper. No issues, only had to make cetain that it wasn't an M4 type upper (different feedramp) than my DPMS

06-22-2011, 6:44 PM
I will only ever purchase JD Machine lowers and uppers. Plus, they're a San Diego-based local small business, so I have to support them.

06-22-2011, 7:01 PM
small california based AR15 manufacture
I have the Calguns lower and have been very happy

06-22-2011, 7:29 PM
JD Machine is GTG. There are only a handful of manufacturers in the US that actually produce lowers. Everyone else is outsourcing them to companies like JD.

06-22-2011, 7:40 PM
sorry to hijack but how does a palmetto lower compare to a JD lower quality wise?

06-22-2011, 7:59 PM
sorry to hijack but how does a palmetto lower compare to a JD lower quality wise?

I have heard that Palemetto lowers are made by Aero Pecision which are also good.

I have a JD lower and it is nicely made. I agree that it could be tighter than others because it was very tight when mating to my LaRue billet upper. I plan on getting a JD stripped upper.

JD supposedly also machines lowers for Noveske and used to do so for Spike's as well. Eric from JD had told me at one point but my memory is failing me. I'm sure others can correct this if I am mistaken about this.

06-22-2011, 8:01 PM
^ sweet thanks for the quick response.

I have a calguns upper and love it (no play) just wanted a comparison.