PDA

View Full Version : Chabot Gun Club 2007 Garand Match Schedule!!!

NRAhighpowershooter
12-24-2006, 9:45 AM
OK,...here's the dates for 2007!!!

March 25th!!!

June 24th!!!

September 29th.!!

Match Fees are $12
We do have LC ammo for sale $20 for 60rnds
We also have Garand for rent of which there is no charge, BUT! you have to use our ammo.

Door prize at each match of 100rnds of LC ammo!!!!!!

If I can get 20 or more shooters at the last match of the year (September) There will be a trophy given out.

All stages will be shot on SR 200yd targets

Seperate class for match rifles (match rifles can't win the match)

GI or equivilent ammo
NO Handloads .. if handloads are used that will put you in the Match Rifle class.

Course of fire:

10rnds offhand + 2 sighters in 12 minutes
10rnds rapid sitting
10 rnds rapid prone
20rnds slow prone + 2 sighters in 22 minutes

2 minutes for 2 sighters in each of the rapid fire stages

The is a 3 minute NON-FIRING prep time before each stage.

There wil be free coffee and doughnuts at each match.

E-Mail me if you have any questions.

metalhead357
12-24-2006, 12:41 PM
thank ya:) :) :) :)

threadcrapper
03-02-2007, 3:42 PM
Is Chabot a Jewish name or is it a Jewish gun club or something? That's cool if it is, but I was wondering, because I hear the word "chabot" or something like that for a celebration they hold yearly. Not making jokes or being rude, not at all, just a serious question.

NRAhighpowershooter
03-02-2007, 4:45 PM
Not a Jewish name.. the whole park is named after Anthony Chabot and of course the range is Chabot Gun Club..... We DO get Jewish groups from Isreal coming during the week from time to time to shoot... last group we had was teenagers last summer....and during last spring we had pre-teen Jewish girls from Isreal and their chaprones during the week...

threadcrapper
03-02-2007, 5:25 PM
Cool. Thank you for explaining that to me. It must be a great club if people from around the world come to enjoy it. I'll have to check it out someday. Thanks for the info.

ivanimal
03-02-2007, 5:25 PM
Chabot is French

shabow............... phonetically

wheelgunner
03-20-2007, 5:30 AM
Chabot is French

shabow............... phonetically

oooooooooooooooohh, you make it sound so sexy my big brown Casanova...;)

I love it when you speak French.:o

NRAhighpowershooter
06-17-2007, 11:39 AM
The match for Sunday June 24th has been pushed back
to Saturday,June 30th!!!!

kurac
06-19-2007, 5:22 PM
So all I have to do is show up at 8AM with rifle and some ammo and I am good to go?

I have never done any kind of formal competition so I may need a little coaching unless there is a first timers level

NRAhighpowershooter
06-19-2007, 9:41 PM
So all I have to do is show up at 8AM with rifle and some ammo and I am good to go?

I have never done any kind of formal competition so I may need a little coaching unless there is a first timers level

Rifle, ammo,hearing and eye and $$ and THEN you're good to go! Experience is not necessary.. I'll be able to coach and run the line and there might be a few Garand experts that aren't shooting that can help as well.. we strive to have newbies have fun!

I also might put on a 'Mad Minute' demo after the last relays :D

NRAhighpowershooter
07-20-2007, 10:35 AM
OK..The date for the September match has been changed from Saturday Sept. 23rd to Saturday Sept. 29th!!!

Mark your calenders!!!!

Depending on the number of shooters we will go down to 5th place for awards*

There will be a door prize of 100rnds of Greek ammo Lot#1111 1968

If I can get 20 or more shooters we will have a trophy for 1st place.

* Chabot Certificates = good as cash at Chabot Range for range fees, targets, and ammo.

McMadCow
08-23-2007, 1:49 PM
Oh man, ZenmastaT and I will be there with bells on! :D

JawBone
08-23-2007, 1:51 PM
I'm confused - is the next match in September or October?

metalhead357
08-23-2007, 4:57 PM
I'm confused - is the next match in September or October?

Should be SEP 29th If I read it correctly............

JawBone
08-23-2007, 5:02 PM
Which thread is accurate this one or this one (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=62288&highlight=garand+october)?

Since this one is later in date, and the Chabot site says September 29, I will go with that info. Ignore me please.

Just got my first CMP Garand today - can't wait to see how she performs in the Match. Marked and circled on my calendar.

metalhead357
08-23-2007, 5:30 PM
Which thread is accurate this one or this one (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=62288&highlight=garand+october)?

Since this one is later in date, and the Chabot site says September 29, I will go with that info. Ignore me please.

Just got my first CMP Garand today - can't wait to see how she performs in the Match. Marked and circled on my calendar.

Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,
Just saw your other post:D good question on this one... I'm sure Robert will be by to straighten us out.......

PAGING DR> GARAND..... DR> GARAND:p cleanup on isle thread!

McMadCow
09-20-2007, 9:22 AM
I spent last weekend zeroing my Garand for this event and I'm pretty shocked at just how tight my groups got from a rest. I didn't think M1s were 1-MOA rifles, especially with standard M2! Really though, all that tells me is that when I pepper them all over the paper shooting offhand in the match, it's gonna be no one's fault but my own. :)

metalhead357
09-20-2007, 4:43 PM

Whoops...Sorry! I did hear from NRAHPS...... Deinfinite.

29 SEP 2007 is the date

NRAhighpowershooter
09-28-2007, 6:08 PM
OK Tomorrow is the date!! LAst Garand match for 2007 at chabot Rifle Range!!!! sign-ups start at 8am with first shot at 9am.. Pleanty of room!!! We can accomodate 30 shooters on 2 relays..

metalhead357
09-28-2007, 6:10 PM
Sorry Guys,

As I noted to Robert in a PM...... I VERY regretably have to work & aint too happy about it as it aint my weekend to work........

SOMEBODY PLEASE OUTSHOOT NRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Dude......can we ever have a NIGHT SHOOT??????????

1step
09-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I was hoping to make this my first but something (someone) popped up (or out) last week so this isn't a good time to be away from home...
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w155/1stepp/baby/IMG_6459.jpg
Waiting eargerly for the 2008 schedule.

metalhead357
09-29-2007, 4:02 PM
Congrats 1st!!!!!!:D