PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say HI from...

Tzvia
12-23-2006, 6:20 PM
a free state. Too bad I don't live here. I'm in New Mexico, Lordsburg, to be exact, on vacation. Work is closed till next year, so I took off. I had a sudden feeling of freedom when I saw that 'Welcome to Arizona' sign on the 10 yesterday. Hard to believe that the two OLL's I have with me are no issue with a little screw backed out, but cross that boarder back into CA like that and I am a felon. Tomorrow I will be going up to Gila Cliff Dwellings, and later in the week, to NRA Whittington Center to shoot. Good vacation, but I know I will be disapointed when I have to pull over in AZ and put that screw back in the mag release. :mad:

CalNRA
12-23-2006, 9:22 PM
so, um, any chance of organizing a Foreign Legion in Arizona to re-claim CA?

Charliegone
12-23-2006, 9:32 PM
Well, have a good time.:D ...Merry X-mas!

Sutcliffe
12-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Not much there anymore is there? It seems Silver City with its Wal-mart is the place to be. Prettiest red cliffed canyons are located between the town of Gila and Gila National Forest. Never made it to the cliff dwellings, but indian artifacts and primitive structures are all over on private land around there.

Tzvia
12-24-2006, 4:15 PM
Well, just got back from Gila. It is very pretty now, with the snow and all. Almost camped there, but with single digit temps at night, I decided to chicken out (even though I have the gear) and went to Deming instead and am staying in a hotel. Maybe later in the week, I will get some camping in :o

Surely someone here in NM or AZ needs an IT geek...:(

bg
12-24-2006, 5:23 PM
It may not stay not it is much longer..I feel for the state.
Ariz. is nation's fastest growing state - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061222/ap_on_re_us/growing_states)

Arizona added about 32,000 immigrants in the past year. It added four times that many people who were relocating from other states. The biggest donor state: California.
We have a huge influx of refugees from the NorthEast
and you all have seen what has happened here..

Sirius
12-29-2006, 9:02 PM
I know how it feels. I lived in LA for 19 years but grew up in New Mexico. Still have fair amount of "out of bounds" rifles at my parents house. Always find an excuse to get out there - must be the weather.