PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Ammo Storage

Michael303
12-23-2006, 6:25 PM
Living in Southern California, itís well established that itís a good idea to have some gear as to be ready for the next earthquake/mudslide/riot/fire/zombie uprising etcÖ That said, Iíve had my emergency food, water and other supplies ready in the closet as a Ďjust incaseí investment. Iíve decided itís probably also a good idea to keep a few loaded mags at the ready with emergency supplies. Like the emergency supplies mentioned above, the mags would be in my closet with the other gear, rarely looked at unless itís to rotate the inventory.

That said, for long term storage in a mag, is it better to keep brass cased ammo or the coated case variants (ie Wolf)?

Mssr. Elegantť
12-24-2006, 1:02 AM
I don't think there is enough of a difference that you should worry about it. Just use your favorite ammo. If you put some mags loaded with your favorite type of ammo into a GI ammo can along with a couple of those desiccant packs that come with a new pair of shoes, and then store the can in a cool place, your grandkids will be able to use them for zombie attacks.