PDA

View Full Version : 870 trigger assembly

vf116
06-20-2011, 7:27 PM
Has anyone pulled it apart? How hard is it?

The Bachelorette is on tonight so I need something to do for an hour.

bden
06-20-2011, 7:30 PM
It's super easy...might only take a commercial break IIRC. There's youtube videos on how to do it. It's nice knowing how it all goes together.

If you want a longer project you could put some superfine steel wool on a wood dowel, put that in an electric drill & polish your chamber and barrel. It's a nice project that will help your gun feed easier if it hasn't already been done.

vf116
06-20-2011, 7:37 PM
Thanks! I heard about that steel wool trick, but forgot about it until you reminded me. Looks like I'll be starting in about.... 22 minutes haha

bden
06-20-2011, 7:53 PM
It took a little digging to find the link to the directions, but here they are...I found this to be quite helpful.

http://www.aiptactical.com/Page_2.html

06-20-2011, 7:57 PM
Goto www.aiptactical.com
Aippi ( JD ), has it all laid out, on how to do it.:)

John

vf116
06-20-2011, 8:19 PM
Thanks guys!

aippi
06-20-2011, 8:54 PM
If you are asking bout taking the trigger plate assembly apart, then no, it is not easy and you risk damage if you do not know what you are doing. You would also need a new trigger pin and washer and possibly action bar lock spring (as these are easy to bend beyond use) to put it back together correctly.

There is no reason to take this assembly apart unless to replace a part. It does not need to taken apart to clean. To clean it simply get a can of Cyclo brake and parts cleaner (non-flamable) from the auto parts store. Put the straw on the nozzel use that to blast the assembly out. It has a high evaporation rate and will dry fast. Then put a very small drop on oil on the hammer plunger and the carrier dog plunger and your done.

bden
06-20-2011, 9:43 PM
^oh, yeah I didn't realize you said "pulled it apart". I only removed mine, but did not disassemble it. Listen to aippi and you'll be good.

swifty
06-20-2011, 11:57 PM
...You would also need a new trigger hammer pin and washer...

Your keyboard sabotaged you. :taz:

aippi
06-21-2011, 8:13 AM
Yep. Hammer pin and washer. And maybe a new eye ball when that hammer plunger flys out and hits you in the eye because you did not know what you were doing.