PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy a gun @ SJGE yesterday?

GW
12-22-2006, 7:05 PM
12/21 was the last day to start a DROS at San Jose Gun Exchange Anyone buy anything?
Other than me?

anyracoon
12-23-2006, 6:16 AM
I stopped in to buy soft parts and look at the uppers they had for sale with my Christmas bonus money. Place was a Zoo. Took a while to get someone to help me out. Than the Gun Smith had stepped out & no one could find what I needed. So I left empty handed. Quess I will give Wes from 10% a call. It will be cheaper to get parts by mail than driving back up there. I live in Soledad out on a ranch so it is not like I can make a quick trip to the gun store. They did have a nice selection of uppers.

Blue
12-23-2006, 7:34 AM
Are/were they having a big sale because of this?

xenophobe
12-23-2006, 7:37 AM
I was there for the "last day" of sales. Was decently busy there. Of course there was no sale.

I'll be there on the 31'st or the 1st. It may be some time before firearms are sold there, and it won't be the same store.

Blue
12-23-2006, 7:39 AM
So since their license will be expiring all of these people that bought guns, do they HAVE to pick it up when their 10 days are up? Or if they wait 12-14 days are they SOL since the FFL wont be valid anymore?

xenophobe
12-23-2006, 7:57 AM
No guns may be delivered after Dec 31'st 2006.

So if someone doesn't pick up their firearm before the 1st, yes, they're SOL.

Blue
12-23-2006, 8:02 AM

Chitty :eek:

GW
12-23-2006, 12:27 PM

Tell me!
I'll be there as soon as they open next Sunday!

stator
12-24-2006, 8:34 AM
I was there for the "last day" of sales. Was decently busy there. Of course there was no sale.

I'll be there on the 31'st or the 1st. It may be some time before firearms are sold there, and it won't be the same store.

Hopefully, it will be more organized. :)

Hopefully, it will still sell guns too.

Hopefully, the same door greeters will be there as well.

triggerhappy
12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
It will be cheaper to get parts by mail than driving back up there. I live in Soledad out on a ranch so it is not like I can make a quick trip to the gun store. They did have a nice selection of uppers.

Any reason ya don't go to Trigger Hill? in Salinas?

anyracoon
12-24-2006, 5:09 PM
They will not come near any OLL stuff with a 10 foot pole. I Had a Cal Legal AR shipped in about a year ago. Mike the manager is a friend of mine but after they saw it, it was the first and last one that was DROS'd there.

Tunis
12-26-2006, 6:30 PM
I was just there today to pick up my lowers and found out about them having their license taken away...but they'll be back. They aren't going anywhere, they just can't sell any firearms. We need to support the SJGE...they've supported us folks here in San Jose!

Noonanda
12-26-2006, 8:58 PM
why did their license get yanked??

david_place_834
12-27-2006, 8:05 AM
When a FFL is taken away, why can't the store owner hire another individual to takeover duties? Is the license granted to the store or an individual?

I've always wondered why Trader's would allow themselves to lose a vital part of their business?

I'd assume it would take considerable effort and logistics to make the transfer, but not at the cost of shutting down a business.

xenophobe
12-27-2006, 8:33 AM
When a FFL is taken away, why can't the store owner hire another individual to takeover duties? Is the license granted to the store or an individual?

A license can be granted to an individual (sole proprietor) or a corporation.

I've always wondered why Trader's would allow themselves to lose a vital part of their business?

Just as a doctor or lawyer having their license to practice or bar certification removed, a license revoked or suspended from an individual or from the corporation usually means that they will not be allowed to conduct business for specific reasons and attempts at getting a new license for the same individual, family, or corporation for the same business will most likely be denied.

I'd assume it would take considerable effort and logistics to make the transfer, but not at the cost of shutting down a business.

Yes. A business that has had a licensed revoked usually has to change ownership completely, not just transferred to a relative. Traders tried to go through this finally gave up fighting. This also kept SJGE from getting a new license.

Comstock Lode
12-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Just called SJGE, paperwork problems going way back, not OLL issues. Too bad, a great shop.