PDA

View Full Version : proof or residency?

cacop
06-19-2011, 3:14 PM
Last year I went to the Colt armorer's course and they gave me the chance to pick up a pistol at reduced cost. They just now are filling the order and it should be shipped soon. The down side is that I am in the process of moving now and by the time I get the gun I should be in the new house but with no traditional proof of residency. Does loan docs, etc from the purchase of the new house count because it will not see a bill for a month and of course DMV is going to take forever. Does anyone know if the waiver letter for the 10 day wait is suffieceint to bypass the requirement.

Falconis
06-19-2011, 3:55 PM
I want to say yes. Not sure though.

code33
06-19-2011, 6:49 PM
Your dept ID is sufficient for proof of residency.

Posted on DOJ's website:
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/chapter4.pdf

At the bottom of the last page:
2. A valid peace officer credential issued by a California law enforcement agency to an active,
reserve, or retired peace officer.

ke6guj
06-19-2011, 7:32 PM
but he still needs a .gov-issued document with his new address on it to satisfy federal law.

cacop
06-19-2011, 7:53 PM
but he still needs a .gov-issued document with his new address on it to satisfy federal law.

The gunstore I was using mentioned a utility bill as evidence so there must not meet the need for proof of residency. I think you might be talking about proof of ID which is a separeate issue. Thanks to all. I was going to hand them all 200 pages of loan and title docs.

Notorious
06-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Yep, you can show your peace officer ID as that is sufficient without further proof. You can even use your department address on the DROS forms for privacy purposes.