PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone successfully Single-shotted a Sig P210 Legend?

unusedusername
06-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully single-shotted a Sig P210 Legend, and if you have then which dealer did you go through...

I called up Valkyrie arms and they say they are not sure if they would be able to make a single-shot rig for it and I really don't want to order a $2k handgun just to not be able to transfer it....

Link for drooling... (http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p210-legend-target.aspx) :drool5:

Saigon1965
06-17-2011, 2:07 PM
Try Norse Armory in Woodland -

jyo
06-17-2011, 7:11 PM
Wonderful pistol---I've had the older P210-2 matte finish since the mid-80s along with the factory 22lr conversion unit---shoots like a rifle in either caliber---good luck getting one in Kalifornia!

Saigon1965
06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
It's not difficult - Single shot exempt the gun thru an 07FFL -

Wonderful pistol---I've had the older P210-2 matte finish since the mid-80s along with the factory 22lr conversion unit---shoots like a rifle in either caliber---good luck getting one in Kalifornia!

The Gleam
06-18-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't so why it would be difficult; pin or dowel insert the mag. However, if I was going to give a go at this, I would do it on one of the earlier SIG P210s that one might find on Gunbroker or Gunsamerica or ?? - these new models don't appear to be built as well, or even under the same standards or by the same craftsman that built the originals.

Icypu
06-18-2011, 12:06 PM
You don't need a single shot exemption to buy a older P210. As long as your P210 is manufactured between 1949-1961, you can C&R it. All you need is a 03 FFL, and the right serial number you can have it delivered to your FFL. These C&R are roster exempt if you have a C&R and the FFL can DROS it.

The Gleam
06-18-2011, 3:01 PM
You don't need a single shot exemption to buy a older P210. As long as your P210 is manufactured between 1949-1961, you can C&R it. All you need is a 03 FFL, and the right serial number you can have it delivered to your FFL. These C&R are roster exempt if you have a C&R and the FFL can DROS it.

Well, not EARLY earlier (which of those available from that period, are mostly M49 or "-2" versions that were not the sport/accurrized models with tighter tolerances, etc., and meant for a military/police market) - I supposed I should have clarified. However, to add to my SIG P210s (2 -6 models and one -5) I DID buy a 1953 Model recently from Martin B Retting, however my preferred favorites are from the 1973 - 1979 where the thought was towards civilian accuracy and sporting use for target shooting.

unusedusername
06-18-2011, 6:25 PM
Hrm, getting an older one might work.

The reason that I can't just pin the mag is that the barrel isnt long enough, and since nobody makes aftermarket barrels for them, a long barrel would need to be custom made, which costs more then the gun.

wilit
06-18-2011, 7:18 PM
I called up Valkyrie arms and they say they are not sure if they would be able to make a single-shot rig for it and I really don't want to order a $2k handgun just to not be able to transfer it....

When I was in Valkyrie Arms buying my RIA 1911 9mm, I was talking with Tim about how they do the single shot conversions. As you know, they have to meet certain criteria, one of which is having a barrel of at least 6 inches. If a 6" barrel does not exist for a particular model, they have to make one from scratch, usually starting with 2 barrels from the manufacturer. He mentioned that sometimes the manufacturer will not sell them a barrel and they have to buy two guns just to make a compliant barrel (I believe he said Springfield was one company that wouldn't sell them a barrel). The P210 you're looking at has a 4.7" barrel, so they would most likely need to make a compliant barrel for it. If Sig won't sell just the barrel, they'd be out a ton of money because they'd essentially have to buy two P210's to create one compliant barrel.