PDA

View Full Version : Gunwalker draws fire from Mexico

Wernher von Browning
06-16-2011, 9:24 PM
(Sorry if this is a dupe -- I didn't see it mentioned yet)

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-naw-mexico-guns-20110311,0,3023651.story

Mexico demands answers on guns
A lawmaker says 150 have been killed or hurt by weapons that U.S. agents allowed to cross the border.

Hee hee. If Calderon & Co. are busy pestering Yomamma & Co., it means they won't be bothering us.

fairfaxjim
06-16-2011, 9:33 PM
Who REALLY cares what Mexico says? Anything and everything they say is to cover their behinds for their failure to control their own country. They are reaping the harvest of having an intrinsically corrupt government.

vincewarde
06-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Who REALLY cares what Mexico says? Anything and everything they say is to cover their behinds for their failure to control their own country. They are reaping the harvest of having an intrinsically corrupt government.

Plenty of blame to go around. All your points are valid. On our side, we do bear so responsibility for the huge demand for drugs, as well as our choices in regards to regulation. Ditto our choice not to secure our boarder.

Right now, Mexico is in the middle of a civil war. The last time this happened it spilled over to the US. In 1916, after Poncho Villa invaded Columbus NM (killing 15-20 Americans and loosing several hundred of his own), we ended up chasing him deep into Mexico. I fear that as the Mexican government looses control of its' boarder states, the same thing could happen.

Not to mention the fact that there are good people who are stuck living there. In better days I did two short term mission trips to one of our church's colleges in Sonora. I would not dare go now. It really is sad.

Wernher von Browning
06-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Who REALLY cares what Mexico says?

Normally, nobody. The blatherings of a failed state.

In this case, they're helping to hold BATFE / DOJ / Eric Holder's feet to the fire. The liberal press may ignore 2A supporters, but they tend to be mouthpieces for Mexico.

It's a good show.

GOEX FFF
06-17-2011, 1:56 AM

In this case, they're helping to hold BATFE / DOJ / Eric Holder's feet to the fire. The liberal press may ignore 2A supporters, but they tend to be mouthpieces for Mexico.

It's a good show.

^^^ I agree with this.

The more Mexico knows that the DOJ and ATF is responsible, the more they will put their own pressure on bringing those who are acountable to justice.
I feel they're realizing more and more that they have been lied to by this adminstration and used as pawns.

winxp_man
06-17-2011, 2:56 AM
Now we will see the fire burn under the Obamination Administration. :D Mexico is all screwed up but if this means putting some fire under the *****es of this administration its all good by me.

RRangel
06-17-2011, 5:21 AM
Mexico has very valid complaints. Allowing the smuggling of guns without any notification or attempt to prevent it whatsoever, with the intended end result that the firearms would be traced from the last cartel crime they were used in, is not a legitimate action by an stretch of the imagination. It's damning for BATFE and the administration involved. I don't see what's so hard to figure out.

Mulay El Raisuli
06-17-2011, 6:13 AM

It's a good show.

Yup.

The Raisuli

Packy14
06-17-2011, 6:21 AM
It is sad that its to dangerous to go down there anymore... I used to go help @ orphanages down there and build/repair houses etc... as long as I can't take a gun with me legally to at least have a chance to protect myself, Mexico doesn't exist as a destination anymore. The US should just make Mexico the 51st state already, we already cover half the country with health insurance as it is, might as well get some natural resources.

Noxx
06-17-2011, 6:27 AM
It is sad that its to dangerous to go down there anymore... I used to go help @ orphanages down there and build/repair houses etc...

Same. I used to tag along on a friends annual mission to build housing, wire up a couple joints, teach the new kids to rope a house. Not anymore, not on a bet.

vantec08
06-17-2011, 8:54 AM
Havent been back to the old fishing spot for several years now, not since a retired Long Beach LEO and his buddy were robbed on the beach and the friend was shot dead.

Wernher von Browning
06-17-2011, 9:51 AM
And this just in.

If Eric Holder is forced to resign, he has another job prospect already lined up.

Rumor has it that Anthony Weiner is going to run for president.

He has chosen attorney general Eric Holder as his running mate.

Get your Weiner-Holder bumper stickers early, before they are all gone.

ccmc
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
there are good people who are stuck living there.

This so true. The majority of Mexicans are wonderful hard working people constrained by a horribly corrupt system.

Stonewalker
06-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm very honestly surprised by the Mexican government's attitude here. I thought they would back the ATF and the Obama admin until both went down in flames. Perhaps Mexico isn't in on the smuggling like I thought they were.

Maestro Pistolero
06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
And this just in.

If Eric Holder is forced to resign, he has another job prospect already lined up.

Friggin hilarious.

ford_nut
06-17-2011, 12:19 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:And this just in.

Hahaha that's good. For a split second I was like "He's actually thinking about running?"

ivsamhell
06-17-2011, 3:33 PM

We're contributing to the failure by actively arming the cartels.

Wernher von Browning
06-17-2011, 4:04 PM
Well, that tears it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/17/two-ak47s-used-to-murder-mexican-lawyer-were-fast-and-furious-guns-sources-say/

Two AK-47s Used to Murder Mexican Lawyer Were 'Fast and Furious' Guns From U.S., Sources Say

NOW they're stirred up!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

CCWFacts
06-17-2011, 4:07 PM
U.S. authorities say manpower shortages and the high number of weapons sold resulted in their losing track of hundreds of guns, from pistols to .50-caliber sniper rifles,

And yet when they want to bust someone for having the wrong part on his rifle, they have all the resources they need. I don't agree with steroid usage but look at how much resources they have "invested" in Lance Armstrong, or how much they spend on dealing with the menace of Amish raw milk cartels (http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/16/raw-milk-raid-on-amish-farmer) or a million other issues here.

Try drilling the wrong hole on an AR-15 lower and see how much resources the BATF has available...

wash
06-17-2011, 4:26 PM
While I think that the administration can control the media and has half a chance at dodging an internal ****-storm, once it's an international incident with politicians getting hurt, I can't see them dodging this or pushing it off on a low level fall guy.

Someone big will go down and things will change.

I hope it is Holder or even higher (if we find a smoking gun).

jwkincal
06-17-2011, 4:45 PM
How is it gonna work out for Hillary when she goes to the UN about the "US support for the Small Arms Treaty?"

I'd like to be a fly on that wall...

VegasND
06-17-2011, 7:13 PM
The UN substitutes fantasy for reality daily. They will accomodate whatever lies it takes to keep the money coming from the USA.
How is it gonna work out for Hillary when she goes to the UN about the "US support for the Small Arms Treaty?"

I'd like to be a fly on that wall...

Salty
06-17-2011, 7:35 PM
Perhaps they should monitor their side of the border a little better? :rolleyes:

It's not really out fault that people are making it into Mexico with illegal (in Mexico) goods and that people in Mexico are buying said illegal in Mexico goods.

Wernher von Browning
06-18-2011, 3:24 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hahaha that's good. For a split second I was like "He's actually thinking about running?"

It gets better.

http://thelookingspoon.com/tlsimages/blog/2011/weiner_holder_for_president_2012-sm.jpg

Nihonto Chicken
06-18-2011, 7:27 PM
It gets better.

http://thelookingspoon.com/tlsimages/blog/2011/weiner_holder_for_president_2012-sm.jpg

So no shoo-in for Obama, looks like he's in for some stiff competition! :rolleyes:

Riodog
06-18-2011, 11:28 PM
f or capitol F or messico.
They lost my respect as a human species long ago.
Rio

Dutch3
06-19-2011, 7:26 AM
Mexico certainly has the right to complain. They have been lied to by our current and past administrations, who have made promises the American people would not allow them to keep. And 150 Mexican citizens killed by US guns illegally in their country? A definite concern.

Now, I would ask this. How many US citizens have been killed by Mexicans illegally in our country? I would guess it is at least 150. Also a definite concern.

I propose we set up a trade with Calderon. He sends us back all of our guns illegally in his country, and we send him back all of his citizens illegally in ours.

Seems fair, no?

MKE
06-19-2011, 10:47 AM
It gets better.

Roflmao! You're freakin' killing me here!

753X0
06-19-2011, 6:27 PM
And this just in.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263979_1863399297249_1008978674_31665055_2181345_n .jpg

frankm
06-19-2011, 7:21 PM
I'm in favor of extraditing ATF agents to Mexico for prosecution.

jamesob
06-19-2011, 8:31 PM
Who gives a crap, their drugs are responsible for more deaths than our guns.

SPUTTER
06-19-2011, 9:57 PM
Gunwalker is basically an act of war and terrorism. Pretty serious.
Also, I laugh when people here comment on how corrupt Mexico is when the corruption here in the USA is far far worse.

Wernher von Browning
06-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Also, I laugh when people here comment on how corrupt Mexico is when the corruption here in the USA is far far worse.

I don't know. I think they could have a contest. Might be a premise for a new reality TV show.

And now... coming to you live from the BoomBoom Room of the San Juan Hilton... "Quién es más corrupto?"

SPUTTER
06-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Sure it is, if you happen to live in county where the sheriff won't issue you a ccw, go to one of his fundraising dinners or events and give a generous gift. Then apply for your ccw.

Goosebrown
06-20-2011, 6:03 AM
In 1916, after Poncho Villa invaded Columbus NM (killing 15-20 Americans and loosing several hundred of his own), we ended up chasing him deep into Mexico.

My Great Uncle and namesake was on that expedition. Never met him, but wanted to boast about family history.

Don29palms
06-20-2011, 7:00 AM
Mexico certainly has the right to complain. They have been lied to by our current and past administrations, who have made promises the American people would not allow them to keep. And 150 Mexican citizens killed by US guns illegally in their country? A definite concern.

Now, I would ask this. How many US citizens have been killed by Mexicans illegally in our country? I would guess it is at least 150. Also a definite concern.

I propose we set up a trade with Calderon. He sends us back all of our guns illegally in his country, and we send him back all of his citizens illegally in ours.

Seems fair, no?

That's fair. We'll pay shipping costs on our guns and they pay shipping costs on their criminals, I mean citizens.