View Full Version : San Diego Gay pride parade???

06-16-2011, 2:09 PM
I want to gauge interest on this one, and we need to act fairly quickly if this is going to happen.

The Annual LGBT Pride parade is July 16th, 2011, in San Diego, and I want people to march as PINK PISTOLS!

Who would be willing to commit a few hours to this event?

The day would be something like this:
Show up around 10, sometime around 11ish, you would march down the parade route, about 12 it would all be over and done with, and the day would be finished with catching something to eat and throw a few beers back.

I am not 100% certain I can even make it, if someone in SD would like to continue to carry the torch, please feel free to PM me, and you can coordinate with myself and the others who have assisted me with the process.

This will be an Unofficial CalGuns.net event.

Andrew Mendez

06-16-2011, 2:16 PM
As much as I'd love to, SD is just too far away.

Hope you get some of the SD folks to come out, LA Pride was a ton of fun.

06-16-2011, 2:36 PM
Yeah, my weekends in general are busy. If I were to drive down, it would probably be by myself, and I would probably have to spend the night. But if there is a large group of people, I can try and make the trip.

06-16-2011, 2:39 PM
Jshoebot? He's usaully down to hangout with dudes. But seriously get some cal gunners in kilts and have them UOC with some of the leathermen and I'm sure you'll get support

06-16-2011, 4:22 PM
I don't think UOC is ok within the parade route. It is over a mile long, and passes several schools.

06-16-2011, 5:46 PM
Keep me posted Andrew.

I would have no problem marching with them!

06-16-2011, 6:01 PM
I'm down. Heck, it looks like the parade starts pretty close to my new place. What needs done between now and then?

06-16-2011, 9:58 PM
Monte, 2 people would be required to attend a safety meeting in San Diego in about two weeks, and the fees for the parade would need to be paid asap. Besides that, getting the custom made flags that we made down to SD. I really need to get more people on this, if it is going to happen though.

06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
I can show up on parade day.

06-18-2011, 7:16 PM
One last push???

06-18-2011, 11:20 PM

I'm going to have to pass, had to drop 850 on my car. We really need to develop people down in San Diego as well as the LA region.

I need to get to Chicago for SAF GRPC and touch base with some key people there which hopefully will open doors to make things happen.

I don't want to post in a public forum because if I can put together what I want to do, many LIBTARDS will have a combination Hemoraghic Stroke/Caronary heart attack when it happens.:eek:

I will have their demise on my conscience:rolleyes:

What I would rather do is something where we could hang out and have some fun, say go to MAGIC MOUNTAIN on a weekend in the fall and all of us could talk while in line for the different roller coasters.

06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Andrew Mendez = Gay. :rofl:

Seriously though, I would roll, but, from here on out my weekends are looking very bleak. My only available time these days is during the week. Sucks. :(

06-18-2011, 11:47 PM
SD would be the same as the LA area events... no UOC.
Holster with a banana or something more creative, but no firearms.

06-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Nicki, got it.

Exposed, I guess someone isn't coming to my Thursday night parties anymore. ;)

CokeB, that's correct o mundo!

06-19-2011, 8:19 PM
Alright guys, looks like this is going to be a no go for San Diego.

06-20-2011, 4:53 PM
Boooooooooo. Haven't been able to convince anyone else to go, yet. When's the deadline, and how many people do we need, minimum?

06-20-2011, 5:35 PM
Monte, I want to say its this week. We need some more momentum in here. Maybe we can rally the troops at the next Shoot n que down south.
Thanks for your interest.