View Full Version : mesa tactical urbino vs speed feed 4?

06-16-2011, 7:57 AM
does anyone have experience with either of these stocks?
i'm looking to add one or the other to my S90.

06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Someone told me the Mesa has a niiice grip, but the Speedfeed has cleaner lines and is less weight, but I've seen neither in real life.

06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I have the speedfeed 4, but in youth version. I recently took a defensive shotgun course and it was used. I like the grip and for me, it helps with the "chickenwing" technique. I've used the oem stock before and i loved it, but when i switched to the 4, i like this feel better.

06-16-2011, 2:06 PM
Oh cool... how was fitting it to your shotgun? Did it bolt right up?

06-16-2011, 6:04 PM
yup, it came with a new bolt and washer. perfect fit.

06-16-2011, 6:14 PM
I've been shooting Speedfeed stocks for many years as both a LEO and also in my personal life. For my money they are the best equipment for the job. Mesa is good gear for sure, but as noted above, you'll save some in weight and on an 870 with an extension, a sidesaddle and a light of some type, saving a few ounces is not a bad thing.

As to the Speedfeed 4 in particular, my own 870P wears a standard length of pull model. I'm a big dog and usually need the extra length over the short model. It is a drop in fit; no fuss, no muss, no shims, no nothing. Cinches up just fine and the recoil pad that comes with it is plenty generous. I prefer the 2 and 4 models over the 1 and 3 as I've seen shells pop out of the internal magazines occasionally under recoil and that's kind of counter productive.

06-16-2011, 7:35 PM
Interesting.... I didn't realize that Speedfeed had rolled out a Benelli version of their stock...

06-16-2011, 8:40 PM
Oh yeah their only offerings are the model 4 and model 4 short. I'm only 5-9 so mebbe the short model... I can always go with a thicker pad if I feel its too short.

06-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I put a Speedfeed III on my M500A; it was plenty sturdy and ergonomically agreeable. My only gripe was that the safety is on top of the receiver and not under it, and therefore less accessible. (Arguably a minor quibble.)

(tangent)I also tried one of the Knoxx stocks and didn't like that it put my eye way up over the top of the receiver. None of my shotguns wears a PG stock any longer, but that's just my preference. I gave the Speedfeed to my buddy who used it to replace the pistol grip on his Cruiser, so it's all good.(/tangent)